Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    now you see, that's one thing, dislike. Skel never said anything about disliking, he said hate. Hate. I don't really like it's design much either, but I'm not about to hate it b/c it looks like Mewtwo and Majin Buu had a lovechild lol
    You're reading too much into that. Besides, the only similarity with Buu is a head tail, which looks completely different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    Arms like that aren't new. Electabuzz had arms even more disproportionate looking. Magmar's limbs didn't really look attached either. Aerodactyl's head was about the same size as its body, and it doesn't have the benefit of being psychic type to give it the ability to levitate and make itself virtually weightless. I will agree on the head spoiler thing and the head-tail, they're unnecessary. At least, the tail should be moved to the spot of an actual fucking tail. I'm pretty sure the "horns" are supposed to be ears. Like a cat's ears, just positioned more forward and pointed. About the crest: at least it's not a random fucking spike like with Lucario. It's face is like a more angled and sharp Mew face.

I'm not saying I like the design, but it's not like most of its parts aren't something they've done before or taken further in other pokemon.
    Well, yea, other pokemon have their problems. That doesn't mean they don't look better or worse, and certainly doesn't make this one looks better. Aerodactyl's head isn't that big, and most of the size is from the jaws which keep its head low more often than not, plus it has an actual neck. Not seeing the ears and Lucario is stupid too. It's face is a tiny pointed corner on its head.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    In this artwork it actually looks good. In the movie poster artwork it looks relatively similar to mewtwo too which im fine with. In the in-game footage of it though, its neck is tiny, its head is too big and its face looks off-balance.

It literally goes:
    Forehead
    Forehead
    Forehead
    Eyes
    Nose
    Neck.

It makes me wonder what its origin is, its so sci-fi/futuristic that it almost looks like an alien. I seriously hope they dont retcon the mewtwo/mew origins -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post

It makes me wonder what its origin is, its so sci-fi/futuristic that it almost looks like an alien. I seriously hope they dont retcon the mewtwo/mew origins -.-
    Apparently it was leaked that it was called "Eclaire Form" or something like that. Eclair is french for "Flash of light" or summing. So If that's true it's probably a Speed Form of mewtwo. Would also fit with the theme of Mewtwo fighting the "Extremespeed" Genesect in the movie.

In this artwork it actually looks good. In the movie poster artwork it looks relatively similar to mewtwo too which im fine with. In the in-game footage of it though, its neck is tiny, its head is too big and its face looks off-balance.
    It literally goes:
    Forehead
    Forehead
    Forehead
    Eyes
    Nose
    Neck.
    I honestly think it's a 2nd clone by Neo-Team Plasma, Team Rocket, or a new organization. I could see it being a Team Plasma attempt at a Mewtwo-type clone of Mew.
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Apparently it was leaked that it was called "Eclaire Form" or something like that. Eclair is french for "Flash of light" or summing. So If that's true it's probably a Speed Form of mewtwo. Would also fit with the theme of Mewtwo fighting the "Extremespeed" Genesect in the movie.
    Weird. Well, there goes my second idea, and back to the first thought of it just being a form of Mewtwo. Still, it looks goofy and clunky for a "speed form".
    Last edited by An-Tuirseach; 2013-04-10 at 11:50 PM.

i really doubt that. im pretty sure its going to be a brand new pokemon all the media is treating it as completely different especially since they havent said its name or type yet and all theyve said is that it "resembles" mewtwo

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 10:32 PM ----------

i guess im the only person that really loves the design then huh? other than the feet anyways.

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 10:42 PM ----------

also i see alot of you guys getting mewtwos ingame story mixed up with his anime story.

while both are experiments mewtwo is only a clone in the anime, in the games the scientists on cinnabar captured a mew and tortured and experimented on it and for some reason it ended up giving birth to mewtwo, which its suggested they continued to experiment on him as well until he destroyed the lab and fled to the cave.

its possible that mew gave birth to another pokemon. it also again draws similarities to majin buu. if youve seen dbz the fat buu tries to be good and ends up kind of spitting out an evil version of himself. kind of reminds me of mewtwos origin and how mew gave birth to him instead of laying an egg which makes it the only known case of a pokemon giving birth.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard it was called Present Guide.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    in the games the scientists on cinnabar captured a mew and tortured and experimented on it and for some reason it ended up giving birth to mewtwo, which its suggested they continued to experiment on him as well until he destroyed the lab and fled to the cave.
    Where exactly did you get the birth story from?

Pokédex entries
    Red
    Blue
    It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments.
    Yellow
    Its DNA is almost the same as Mew's. However, its size and disposition are vastly different.
    Stadium
    A vicious psychic Pokémon created by genetic engineering. Its cold glowing eyes strike fear into the hearts of its enemies
    Generation II

Gold
    Because its battle abilities were raised to the ultimate level, it thinks only of defeating its foes.
    Silver
    It usually remains motionless to conserve energy, so that it may unleash its full power in battle.
    Crystal
    Said to rest quietly in an undiscovered cave, this Pokémon was created solely for battling.
    Generation III

Ruby
    Sapphire
    Mewtwo is a Pokémon that was created by genetic manipulation. However, even though the scientific power of humans created this Pokémon's body, they failed to endow Mewtwo with a compassionate heart.
    Emerald
    A Pokémon that was created by genetic manipulation. However, even though the scientific power of humans made its body, they failed to give it a warm heart.
    FireRed
    A Pokémon whose genetic code was repeatedly recombined for research. It turned vicious as a result.
    LeafGreen
    It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene-splicing and DNA-engineering experiments.
    Generation IV

Diamond
    Pearl
    Platinum
    A Pokémon created by recombining Mew's genes. It's said to have the most savage heart among Pokémon.
    HeartGold
    Because its battle abilities were raised to the ultimate level, it thinks only of defeating its foes.
    SoulSilver
    It usually remains motionless to conserve energy, so that it may unleash its full power in battle.
    Generation V

Black
    White
    A Pokémon created by recombining Mew's genes. It's said to have the most savage heart among Pokémon.

Black 2
    White 2

Where exactly did you get the birth story from?

Pokédex entries
    Red
    Blue
    It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments.
    Yellow
    Its DNA is almost the same as Mew's. However, its size and disposition are vastly different.
    Stadium
    A vicious psychic Pokémon created by genetic engineering. Its cold glowing eyes strike fear into the hearts of its enemies
    Generation II

Gold
    Silver
    Crystal
    Said to rest quietly in an undiscovered cave, this Pokémon was created solely for battling.
    Generation III

Ruby
    Sapphire
    Mewtwo is a Pokémon that was created by genetic manipulation. However, even though the scientific power of humans created this Pokémon's body, they failed to endow Mewtwo with a compassionate heart.
    Emerald
    A Pokémon that was created by genetic manipulation. However, even though the scientific power of humans made its body, they failed to give it a warm heart.
    FireRed
    A Pokémon whose genetic code was repeatedly recombined for research. It turned vicious as a result.
    LeafGreen
    It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene-splicing and DNA-engineering experiments.
    Generation IV

Diamond
    Pearl
    Platinum
    HeartGold
    SoulSilver
    Generation V

Black
    White

Black 2
    White 2
    go to cinnabar island in fire red/leafgreen and red/blue and read the journals inside the mansion. in it a scientist says he saw mew give birth to mewtwo, sure it also mentions south america but id ignore that bit

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 01:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    ERMAHGERD SO CUTE MUS HAS @_@ hehe
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i really doubt that. im pretty sure its going to be a brand new pokemon all the media is treating it as completely different especially since they havent said its name or type yet and all theyve said is that it "resembles" mewtwo
    Yes, gamefreak has said it's a "completely new Pokemon". But they said the same thing about Giratina's Origin form.

Yes, gamefreak has said it's a "completely new Pokemon". But they said the same thing about Giratina's Origin form.
    yeah but i think there being alot clearer this time and people have gotten used to the term form and i think if it was just a form they wouldve said so, im pretty sure the last couple times theyve shown off new forms since then theyve called them forms

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 04:38 PM ----------

also when you think about it, giratina was in a way the first pokemon with a form alot of people knew about, deoxys was given out in the prewifi years and unless you were a cheater most of the average fans wouldnt know about it, i remember th only way i found out about it was my friend had an action replay and i was like "WHAT IS THAT @_@"

giratina had his own game so i think alot of people wouldve been like "whats a form?" if they said it was a new form but now i think people are used to it

15+ Year Old Account
    Playing Black2 not really paying attention, just randomly looking down inbetween ad breaks on tv and notice nurse joy isnt healing my pokemon. Look down and it turns out my team has pokerus. Kinda makes up for the fact i havent seen a shiny pokemon since 1998.

15+ Year Old Account
    Playing Black2 not really paying attention, just randomly looking down inbetween ad breaks on tv and notice nurse joy isnt healing my pokemon. Look down and it turns out my team has pokerus. Kinda makes up for the fact i havent seen a shiny pokemon since 1998.
    You lucky bastard. I really have never had pokerus, never seen a wild shiny (except for red Gyarados and shiny Haxorus) or anything else that requires luck.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    I have gotten a Magnemite with Pokerus through the GTS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never seen a shiny or the pokerus.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gen 2 can't go to Gen 3 though :x

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing my fiancee's copy of Diamond (cannot for the life of me find my copy of Pearl) and apparently he had caught a shiny Geodude and an Onix and had a Riolu that had the Pokerus, but I don't think he realised this and didn't transmit it to his other Pokemon before it was cured. :<

He has a second Lucario that is also cured of Pokerus in his PC that he got from another trainer as well.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Dyra if you need Pokerus I think I have some pokemon with it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenathx View Post
    Dyra if you need Pokerus I think I have some pokemon with it!
    Aww you're sweet, but I'm good for now. I'm planning on slaking my Pokemon playing needs on Diamond on and off until X and Y come out.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Aww you're sweet, but I'm good for now. I'm planning on slaking my Pokemon playing needs on Diamond on and off until X and Y come out.
    Is it October yet?