Enh sham help in rbgs

Hey guys if you dont mind checking out my amory or giving some tips that would be great!
    My guild runs multiple rbg groups and i am in a set group with one of them, it's nothing fancy right now we're only in teh 1500-1600 bracket but i still feel like my damage is so low compared to the other dps in rbgs. My gear is pretty current with full mal and tyrannical peices and weaps but it still is pretty low on the charts and i dont know why. I know enh is not really an rbg spec to play but its what im stuck with right now till i go ele. I feel like i only get good damage in when i pop ascendance and if that storm blast ends up getting parried/dodged i break down and cry myself to sleep. Maybe enh was better with the 5 sec interrupt as more of a utility spec? idk, why do dks and hunters with the same gear as me do so much more?! lol here is my armory us.battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Holdthat/simple
    thanks!

also should i be forging to haste instead for a more steady damage out put or stick with mastery for good burst on heals/fcs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hamtop View Post
    Hey guys if you dont mind checking out my amory or giving some tips that would be great!
    My guild runs multiple rbg groups and i am in a set group with one of them, it's nothing fancy right now we're only in teh 1500-1600 bracket but i still feel like my damage is so low compared to the other dps in rbgs. My gear is pretty current with full mal and tyrannical peices and weaps but it still is pretty low on the charts and i dont know why. I know enh is not really an rbg spec to play but its what im stuck with right now till i go ele. I feel like i only get good damage in when i pop ascendance and if that storm blast ends up getting parried/dodged i break down and cry myself to sleep. Maybe enh was better with the 5 sec interrupt as more of a utility spec? idk, why do dks and hunters with the same gear as me do so much more?! lol here is my armory us.battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Holdthat/simple
    thanks!

also should i be forging to haste instead for a more steady damage out put or stick with mastery for good burst on heals/fcs
    Well Female Pandaren come with a -10%dmg penalty so that prob has something to do with it....... jk lol.

To answer your reforge question, I would go with mastery since you need to be on target for long periods of time for haste to be effective, but mastery is just buffed instant damage so stuff you can do in a small gap of time on your enemy like shocks, LL, ULE, Ascendance, Stormlash, and lots of other stuff is all buffed by mastery and will prob be better for overall damage and burst.

This is my personal opinion though, but yea I would reforge OUT of haste for mastery......and mebbe get hit to 4%, plus expertise to 3% (don't reforge it away, esp if you are worried about ascendance's storm blast being dodge/parried). For other tips, I would try to socket for more PVP power, like where you got resil in those yellow sockets, try for the mixed green(?) pvp power/resil gems.

How do you fare in BG's regarding mobility and staying on target without the Imp Ghost Wolf glyph? If your getting kited or have hard time sticking on target then you might want to trade hex for the Imp GW glyph.

Make sure you use all your other CD's as well to push out some extra DPS. Purge spam will help take out defenses like shields and that GCD on purge is equivalent to the big burst needed to remove a shield thru damage anyways, plus it can lead to you doing more damage with your regular attacks. I know Searing Totem is crap in pvp/bg's but try to use it as much as possible to boost your LL since this is prob the only ability that will hit hard and give big numbers similar to stuff hunters can do all the time. Try to use your MW5 for LB's and offensive pressure if you are getting heals and can get away with it.

And one last thing you can try if you just want burst and big numbers is to give Elem Blast a try....it's not exactly the most optimal T6 talent but it does give you burst and its fun to use. To take full advantage of Unleash Fury with stuff like the ULF WF effect requires high uptime on target to maximize the LS orb procs which isn't always possible in a highly mobile PVP BG, in coordinated rated BG matches with more control its true that you will have more uptime and so ULF is still good, not saying it isn't, but for a change of pace Elem Blast might be worth trying to get kills. I'm no expert but I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Well Female Pandaren come with a -10%dmg penalty so that prob has something to do with it....... jk lol.

To answer your reforge question, I would go with mastery since you need to be on target for long periods of time for haste to be effective, but mastery is just buffed instant damage so stuff you can do in a small gap of time on your enemy like shocks, LL, ULE, Ascendance, Stormlash, and lots of other stuff is all buffed by mastery and will prob be better for overall damage and burst.

This is my personal opinion though, but yea I would reforge OUT of haste for mastery......and mebbe get hit to 4%, plus expertise to 3% (don't reforge it away, esp if you are worried about ascendance's storm blast being dodge/parried). For other tips, I would try to socket for more PVP power, like where you got resil in those yellow sockets, try for the mixed green(?) pvp power/resil gems.

How do you fare in BG's regarding mobility and staying on target without the Imp Ghost Wolf glyph? If your getting kited or have hard time sticking on target then you might want to trade hex for the Imp GW glyph.

Make sure you use all your other CD's as well to push out some extra DPS. Purge spam will help take out defenses like shields and that GCD on purge is equivalent to the big burst needed to remove a shield thru damage anyways, plus it can lead to you doing more damage with your regular attacks. I know Searing Totem is crap in pvp/bg's but try to use it as much as possible to boost your LL since this is prob the only ability that will hit hard and give big numbers similar to stuff hunters can do all the time. Try to use your MW5 for LB's and offensive pressure if you are getting heals and can get away with it.

And one last thing you can try if you just want burst and big numbers is to give Elem Blast a try....it's not exactly the most optimal T6 talent but it does give you burst and its fun to use. To take full advantage of Unleash Fury with stuff like the ULF WF effect requires high uptime on target to maximize the LS orb procs which isn't always possible in a highly mobile PVP BG, in coordinated rated BG matches with more control its true that you will have more uptime and so ULF is still good, not saying it isn't, but for a change of pace Elem Blast might be worth trying to get kills. I'm no expert but I hope this helps.
    thanks proto i will definently give these a try tonight in rbgs! and btw female pandaren is awesome esp with quaking palm, and i feel like a special snowflake cause I have yet to see one

Deleted
    Roll resto or ele, enha is worthles in RBGs. IF you want to help out your team, roll ele or resto.

If you want to stay enha ( wich i understand , played enha shaman myself untill 5.2 rerolled to lock) put up searing totem and keep it up! you need those stacks in order for lava lash to hit/crit , flameshock on range/healer and earth shock and enemies with phycal attacks, other then that i can't really say anything then reroll to either ele or resto or another class.

Goodluck mate

Do some LFRs ToT and but your self VP trinket from Shado Panda , WW totem is a bit better choice for RBGs , consider alsow taking AS or EotE insted of EM

Deleted
    Hey mate.
    Im sorry, but the question is pretty obvious im afraid. Enhancement are really a horrible spec to play in PvP. Even arena 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 they are not a class/Spec to bring compared to others.

If u wanna do very well. Resto or Ele is the way to go. Where Resto is the absolute best solution to choose. But, ele is doing fine aswell atm. in Rbgs.

I play Enha myself in PvE. I stopped playing PvP on him, years ago. They lack absoutely everything. Blizzard keeps getting us something, that is a step in the right direction, but very far from the goal, that needs to be done.

All in all, Enha is great in PvE, but horrible in PvP. You have to work ure ass of, to get Ele / resto gear. Or simple just Reroll to another Melee character, if you wanna do well in Rbgs

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever thought you're playing your spec wrong??? I was a long time enhance shaman... played fairly high rating, but I can tell you this... if you're charging in and stormstriking right off the bat and just going full blast... you're doing it wrong. You have to play enhancement like a support melee... you can give off heals with your instants... instants CC... you have to pick the right talents for proper CC... you're supposed to isolate people from packs with a mix of slowing and roots. When people focus you, all you do is stoneclaw or earthbind and ghost wolf away... maybe an occasional frost shock to slow another enemy. They'll waste time chasing you and your team if they're smart, will score an important kill... also while you're being chased, you can focus interrupt their healers which will really piss them off... and if you're worried they'll pop a fat instant cc on you, drop your grounding... but that comes with experience.

You just have to realize that you can't play enhance like a rogue or warrior... you're not meant to go head to head with classes that are built for pure dps... paladins can get away with that as a hybrid class because they wear plate... if they had mail, they would be just as squishy as shamans. I'll admit, enhance isn't the most fun spec to play when you're forced to play it the right way... I was able to experience the joy of it throughout vanilla, BC and Wotlk before it went really down hill. Especially wrathful season... I had full armor with weps and people would just get handed to me... i stacked double resil trinks and socket'd AP/Resil gems. Once you get used to that play style, you'll find that your team will win more regardless of whether or not you're contributing in kills or caps.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

enhancement is just for pve,

rbg: useless
    arena: okay but not really good

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesko View Post
    enhancement is just for pve,

rbg: useless
    arena: okay but not really good
    i would say
    pve: ok
    pvp: just no, its bad for everything (you can find comps that will give you some chance for win, but your team m8s will criple themselfs by plaing with enh)

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Ever thought you're playing your spec wrong??? I was a long time enhance shaman... played fairly high rating, but I can tell you this... if you're charging in and stormstriking right off the bat and just going full blast... you're doing it wrong. You have to play enhancement like a support melee... you can give off heals with your instants... instants CC... you have to pick the right talents for proper CC... you're supposed to isolate people from packs with a mix of slowing and roots. When people focus you, all you do is stoneclaw or earthbind and ghost wolf away... maybe an occasional frost shock to slow another enemy. They'll waste time chasing you and your team if they're smart, will score an important kill... also while you're being chased, you can focus interrupt their healers which will really piss them off... and if you're worried they'll pop a fat instant cc on you, drop your grounding... but that comes with experience.

You just have to realize that you can't play enhance like a rogue or warrior... you're not meant to go head to head with classes that are built for pure dps... paladins can get away with that as a hybrid class because they wear plate... if they had mail, they would be just as squishy as shamans. I'll admit, enhance isn't the most fun spec to play when you're forced to play it the right way... I was able to experience the joy of it throughout vanilla, BC and Wotlk before it went really down hill. Especially wrathful season... I had full armor with weps and people would just get handed to me... i stacked double resil trinks and socket'd AP/Resil gems. Once you get used to that play style, you'll find that your team will win more regardless of whether or not you're contributing in kills or caps.
    This man know whats up. Especially about NOT playing like a warr. Your main attacks all have cooldowns so you cant just SS or LL into hots,shields,absorbs etc. purge that stuff first. Puuuuurrrrgggge!

Enhance absolutely wrecks casters.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.