Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Ele] Legendary Meta Gem

Is the legendary meta gem still weaker for us than any other caster or did Blizzard actaully do something about it? I remember blizzard saying in a blue post that it's too weak for Elemental.

Deleted
    If I recall correctly we got a way higher RPPM in exchange.

Edit:
    according to http://simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T15H.html
    Elemental: 49% Uptime (52% Benefit)
    Shadow: 29% Uptime (33% Benefit)
    Boomkin: 48% Uptime (51% Benefit)
    F-Mage: 10% Uptime (11% Benefit)
    Affli: 21% Uptime (24% Benefit)
    Destro: 16% Uptime (18% Benefit)
    Last edited by mmoc3ed8fc2f9b; 2013-04-11 at 01:02 PM. Reason: added SimC information

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismaire View Post
    If I recall correctly we got a way higher RPPM in exchange.
    That is correct, just found some info on that.

Sinister Primal Diamond – 1.18 base RealPPM on damage/absorb of harmful or periodic spell. No ICD.
    - That base proc rate is multiplied by an additional coefficient:
    0.761 Arcane
    0.302 Fire Mage
    1.387 Frost Mage
    0.625 Affliction
    0.598 Demonology
    0.509 Destruction
    1.891 Elemental
    1.872 Moonkin
    0.933 Shadow
    1.000 Anyone Else

Found that on us battle.net forums.

Deleted
    Added Simcraft "expectations" based upon these values into my first post.

I'm finding it extremely bad when you're lusting at the start of a pull, your lava bursts go down to like 0.6 casts - with reforging mastery>haste>crit.

Having a 26% uptime on it atm whilst doing heroic durumu - ~10 minute attempt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    I'm finding it extremely bad when you're lusting at the start of a pull, your lava bursts go down to like 0.6 casts - with reforging mastery>haste>crit.
    Any proc with haste is shit for elemental if proc during Lust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post

Having a 26% uptime on it atm whilst doing heroic durumu - ~10 minute attempt.
    do you run PE?

Yeah I ran with PE, probably should of ran with mastery>crit>haste - might try for next time.

On the kill, the legendary meta had an uptime of 31%.

That feels a little low, maybe simcraft formula is wrong. Anyway, gotta ditch dat haste, all hail mastery !

Spent all evening on Iron Qon HC and my uptime was 27.9%. IL 515, 2pc T15, EotE and EB.

Simcraft thinks it should have an uptime of 47.11% with my current gear, this stays around 47% on Light and Heavy Movement sims. The formula seems wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by thegempolice View Post
    Spent all evening on Iron Qon HC and my uptime was 27.9%. IL 515, 2pc T15, EotE and EB.

Simcraft thinks it should have an uptime of 47.11% with my current gear, this stays around 47% on Light and Heavy Movement sims. The formula seems wrong.
    Almost smells like the 1.891 multiplier is missing, but would need a bigger sample size.

I got mine yesterday, and got to test it out on some Durumu HC attempt. According to simulationcraft on multiple targets with no movement(i´m on icewalls 100% on durumu, standing still) it showed 45.97% uptime. Longest attempt on Durumu yesterday was 8:05, and my uptime on the metagem that try was 47.4%.
    However, i checked all our other tries that were +4mins, and on all those logs it only had an uptime on 22%-36%.
    On most of those tries we only got the icewalls once, so it meant a lot less chain lightning spam, so it seems to be a lot higher while aoeing. I´ll try to remember to go through the logs and check again next time i go to Durumu.

I would almost think reforging Mastery>Crit=Haste would be better for those with the gem. I would be interested in seeing what kind of stat weights you guys are coming up with if you sim both PE and EB.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    running PE, 519 ilvl 2pc t15 with meta gem, simcraft is still giving me values for secondaries as follows: haste > mastery > crit
    with haste around 2.81, mastery about 2.6 and crit around 2.4-2.5 i can't remember exactly what the values were without running it again but these are close. i even tried reforging out of some haste and into mastery, but i still got haste > mastery > crit.

simcraft shows uptime should be about 48.5% for the meta gem in my gear. on several attempts on heroic ji-kun (none of which were longer than 5 minutes), my total uptime was 32.2%, granted with the relatively short fight lengths this could be quite skewed, but these attempts were the first in which i had the meta.

on another note, when you get heroism and the meta to proc, along with trinkets, especially wushoolay's final choice if you have it, i'm seeing tooltip values for flameshock near 350k damage, and flame shock with hero and the meta gem up ticks 22 times in my gear after the initial hit. something to look into anyways.
    Last edited by bokonan; 2013-04-12 at 08:33 PM. Reason: tool tip values

17 pulls learning heroic Durumu last night. Most attempts lasted 4+ minutes with the longest attempt being 9 minutes.

Total uptime for the night on the meta for me was 28.3%.
    Our boomkin had a total uptime of 32% for the night.
    Our warlock had a total uptime of 40% for the night.

Looking at each fight individually and just looking at the fights lasting 5+ minutes, lowest uptime was 23% and highest being 36%.

Not seeing anything remotely close to 48% uptime at all. Small samples tho.

17 pulls learning heroic Durumu last night. Most attempts lasted 4+ minutes with the longest attempt being 9 minutes.

Total uptime for the night on the meta for me (ele, PE, mastery stacked) was 28.3%.

Looking at each fight individually and just looking at the fights lasting 5+ minutes, lowest uptime was 23% and highest being 36%.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrysteel View Post

Total uptime for the night on the meta for me (ele, PE, mastery stacked) was 28.3%.

What spec was the warlock?

All of those numbers sort-of suggest that the per-spec coefficients never got applied to the caster meta, but (again) - small sample sizes.

Warlock was destro.

Deleted
    So, whats up with the legendary gem? No news on it yet?

My first post still stands. I'm getting about 28% uptime with it (consistently) on a single target, so it's not working as intended or Simcraft doesn't Sim it correctly.