Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    Thanks for the videos, ya got one for spying? I tried last night and 5 scripts and then my ass handed to me in a few shots from another player.
    No, I've never done a spy mission I may just to shoot the video though.

Script stealing was extremely hard last night. I didn't get one. I usually get 2-3 every night. Keep trying though. You learn every time you go. In a couple weeks you'll start winning. My first 2 weeks were brutal lol.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 06:34 PM ----------

AoW might just have the prettiest most interest world design I've played.

Shuzou Countryside

Shuzou City

Chengdu Countryside

Chengdu City

Played this for a few hours these past couple of days. It's quite complex, reminds me of EVE in that way. Didn't like the combat at first but I'm getting used to it. Not quite like an action martial arts game but probably the closest we'll get in an mmo (I haven't tried Blade and Soul yet). Anyway, I'll keep on playing as I kind of like it.

Day and night/weather systems

Early morning, morning, noon, evening, night light rain, moderate rain, thunderstorms, sand storms (will change desert design)

Game will change seasons according to season in server location, sun and moon eclipses.

Weather will have impact on gathering/harvesting system, snow will reduce growth time and amount of items, some styles will be weaker during winter some during summer

Keeps getting better. The last paragraph, I never seen this before have you? This is an update from Chinese Devs.

I am going to have to look into this one...

How is this game looking?

Quote Originally Posted by vicbattou View Post
    How is this game looking?
    2 days till launch.

The game has legs. Pour all the time into it you want, and there will still be stuff you "need" to do. 5 months in,and still I learn new things every day. It might be the best mmorpg I've played.

Deleted
    Shame that Europe has even longer wait before it is published here.

Anyway I am undecided about which school to go for. Been thinking Emei, but only one of their styles that looks really cool is their fourth style and who knows when that gets released in EU?

Others I am thinking of are Wanderer's, Wudang and scholar. If its not too much bother could someone rate those four in CC, mobility, damage, support abilities and general fun? I like making informed decisions :P

Deleted
    Can someone tell me what weapons the character has at the 1min mark? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nys6Pfq5Ty4

EDIT: Tried to register at the website but it every time I get a login failure, are people from the EU banned or something?
    Last edited by mmocf6b63c9c13; 2013-04-09 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjorrit View Post
    Can someone tell me what weapons the character has at the 1min mark? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nys6Pfq5Ty4

EDIT: Tried to register at the website but it every time I get a login failure, are people from the EU banned or something?
    Looks like double swords.

No EU is not looked, there are no region locks. I was in mumble the other day with people across 9 time zones.

LAUNCH 8 HOURS!!@!

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 07:27 PM ----------

Age of Wushu LAUNCH Trailer!

I love you mmo-champion!
    Last edited by bcbully; 2013-04-10 at 07:33 PM.

Downloading right now, will be giving this a try.

Deleted
    Registering worked, now installing

EDIT: I choose Wudang as my school but how/where can I learn the dual wield skills? at the moment I only have single blade skills.
    Last edited by mmocf6b63c9c13; 2013-04-11 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried it and uninstalled it... The quality is lacking, controls are terrible, and when you have 10+ people standing on the questgiver so you can't click on it you want to stab people in the eyes....

Thanks but no thanks, many BETTER MMOs out there....
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    I tried it and uninstalled it... The quality is lacking, controls are terrible, and when you have 10+ people standing on the questgiver so you can't click on it you want to stab people in the eyes....
    If you hit F9 it will clear out people around you. And if you are trying to talk to an NPC that is the goal of a current quest, just click the name in your quest tracking. Easy peasy.

As far as quality, i think its quite nice, but i'm running it on ultra with a new comp. And so far the controls are working just fine.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The game only tells you to hit f9 to remove the players a bunch of times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    If you hit F9 it will clear out people around you. And if you are trying to talk to an NPC that is the goal of a current quest, just click the name in your quest tracking. Easy peasy.

As far as quality, i think its quite nice, but i'm running it on ultra with a new comp. And so far the controls are working just fine.
    I'm running it on a new computer as well... i5-3570K, 16GB Ram, Nvidia 660ti 3GB video... All on ultra as well.. just wasn't impressed.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercs213 View Post
    Since this is a FTP game, how does the cash shop work? Is it pure cosmetics or Pay to Win?
    Ehhhhh well.....thats a tricky subject. The one issue I see with the cash shop is that skills are trained in real time, just like Eve. However, in the cash shop you can buy items to decrease time. You could call it pay to win in that respect.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Ehhhhh well.....thats a tricky subject. The one issue I see with the cash shop is that skills are trained in real time, just like Eve. However, in the cash shop you can buy items to decrease time. You could call it pay to win in that respect.
    EVE had something like that way back when I gave it a shot. Some starter pack I bought gave you a stim that once equipped would give a 30% faster skill train increase (I think it was for 14 days). Not sure if they still use those or people can buy them beyond just starting the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    EVE had something like that way back when I gave it a shot. Some starter pack I bought gave you a stim that once equipped would give a 30% faster skill train increase (I think it was for 14 days). Not sure if they still use those or people can buy them beyond just starting the game.
    They're still used, but you can't use them after those 14 days. So if your character is older than that, bad luck. Kind of helps new people getting started.