Poll: Who has the most Faction Pride

Who has more Faction Pride?

Just a poll, wanted to see what everyone thinks. If either one side has more Faction pride more than the other. Even if you have only played one side you can go ahead and post how much pride you've seen on you're factions side.

Just a tidbit of info this isn't a just pick your faction poll, if your Horde and have seen lots of faction pride on the Alliance side (more than horde)then go ahead and vote Alliance.
    Last edited by kingriku; 2013-04-11 at 03:51 PM.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    the horde, obv.

Is this really even up for debate?

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Is this really even up for debate?
    It's not a debate... the last 2, horde-centric expansions prove that Blizz is catering to the "For teh Hawde" folk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say that both factions have an equal amount of pride, but Horde are more vocal and upfront in terms of expressing their pride.

When you give a faction cool characters, cool storylines, and cool things happening then the players are going to have a lot of pride for their faction.

So, yeah, obviously Horde has way more faction pride.

What has the Alliance had to be proud of? That was kind of what Metzen himself pointed out at Blizzcon; they've not really gotten anything to be proud of and that's why he said MoP was going to really be the Alliance's chance to shine and have their "fist pump" moment. So far.......well.....

Varian has developed well since Wrath and Anduin has grown on people. But the faction as a whole? What has the Alliance done this expansion to be proud of?

We haven't seen all of 5.3 and 5.4 is obviously still to come, but that's a lot to ride on a single patch or two where we know the Horde has momentum that needs to be followed through as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    When you give a faction cool characters, cool storylines, and cool things happening then the players are going to have a lot of pride for their faction.

So, yeah, obviously Horde has way more faction pride.

What has the Alliance had to be proud of? That was kind of what Metzen himself pointed out at Blizzcon; they've not really gotten anything to be proud of and that's why he said MoP was going to really be the Alliance's chance to shine and have their "fist pump" moment. So far.......well.....

Varian has developed well since Wrath and Anduin has grown on people. But the faction as a whole? What has the Alliance done this expansion to be proud of?

We haven't seen all of 5.3 and 5.4 is obviously still to come, but that's a lot to ride on a single patch or two where we know the Horde has momentum that needs to be followed through as well.
    Individual racial pride:

Humans: Not much has changed, but they are not in an awful state.

Dwarves: Dwarven political tension has been entirely untouched. They are finally touching it in 5.3 in an extremely brief scenario -- I'll doubt we'll ever see any more of it again.

Gnomes: Instead of being the technological masters of the Alliance, they are the mechanics of the Alliance. They don't even fly their own gyrocopters, much less fly the airship clearly built with their technology. Instead, the are the butt of every bad joke. Meanwhile, their counterparts, the trolls, have taken back their home, were the main force in 4.1, and are the main force of the Horde rebellion in Mists of Pandaria.

Night Elves: They lost their ferocity in Warcraft III and it doesn't appear to be coming back anytime soon. They are now tame tree-huggers that die in droves. Just watch at the border to Ashenvale/Barrens. It's pathetic...

Draenei: What are draenei? I've never heard of them before.

Worgen: They have the deepest and richest lore in the game... until you hit level 10. And then they become puppymen that hang out in dead tree stumps pretending to be night elves.

I'd compare them with the Horde, but I don't have time to type them up and it's all common knowledge. It's sad, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I will readily admit I don't know very much about lore, I think Horde has a lot more compelling story and characters from what I do know. Alliance is kinda wishywashy and dull. Plus aesthetically, Horde has a cool logo and feels a lot more "badass." Better battlecry, etc.

Even though I play predominately Alliance nowadays, I consider myself a "Horde at heart"; that probably says a lot.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    I would say that both factions have an equal amount of pride, but Horde are more vocal and upfront in terms of expressing their pride.
    I'd say this also, I love the Alliance, but just don't feel the need to go around mouthing off about it Where as Horde players I've seen are very vocal and in your face about their faction pride

Deleted
    Played both sides though preferred Alliance more. Even though I loved night elves... I can't not give the laurels to the true winner, Horde has more faction pride. And I find less and less to be proud of regarding night elves meanwhile.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2013-04-11 at 05:21 PM.

There are prolly more horde players on these boards. That said, I am Alliance all the way yet somehow: "for the horde!!" seems a lot better sounding then "for the Alliance!!".

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    It's not a debate... the last 2, horde-centric expansions prove that Blizz is catering to the "For teh Hawde" folk.
    I don't think expansions lean players toward being proud of their faction. Like in things like in TB you'll see alot of "FOR THE HORDE!" and "Kill the Alliance scum!" like phrases i don't know how much things like this happen on Alliance side.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

I atually have a black hoodie with the horde emblem on it in a graffiti/superficial style with red blood letters behind it saying For the Horde. I wear that around campus, but I would not wear the Alliance version of that hoodie. I think it is just "easier" to show pride in the horde because it looks "cool" compared to the Alliance (NOT SAYING THAT IS A FACT. JUST PERSONAL OPINION)

In game though, I think it is pretty even.
    out of game I'd say horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Crianthia View Post
    I atually have a black hoodie with the horde emblem on it in a graffiti/superficial style with red blood letters behind it saying For the Horde. I wear that around campus, but I would not wear the Alliance version of that hoodie. I think it is just "easier" to show pride in the horde because it looks "cool" compared to the Alliance (NOT SAYING THAT IS A FACT. JUST PERSONAL OPINION)

In game though, I think it is pretty even.
    out of game I'd say horde.
    The lioncrest looks pretty wicked to be honest though, so i wouldn't say its more fashionable to wear a horde hoodie.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!