Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't think our mastery is all that bad as people make it seem, esp during progression you will have alot of people whose HP is fluctuating and can reach low levels so mastery works well, esp with our smart heals.
    You're right in that our smart heals are too goods. But in my opinion that's a problem, not a positive point. Having both healing totem at #1 et #2 spells is not something I enjoy because it makes me feel useless : I'd do almost the same healing if I'd just click my totem on each CD and do nothing except dodging crap while waiting on the cooldowns than when I try to make a good use of all my spell. I'm not ok if most of my healing comes from my cooldowns. I want my clicks to be meaningfull, and right now that's not the case for 60% of time.

Concerning the low HP part, I never notice that in MoP. In my raid there rarely are people under 50% for more than 2 seconds, and even that happens maybe ~10 times in a fight.

The golden days of triage healing are gone, and now if someone sits under 50% hp he's in danger. Thus when that happens, all healers hurry to heal that person. Unfortunately with our long cast times we'll rarely be the first to land a heal on that person, and when our heal lands mastery isn't that useful anymore.

We could also use a spell like MW monks renewing mist - maybe let Unleash Element spread your Riptide to X people if the target have Riptide rolling.

Love that idea. They could change Unleashed fury to spread Ripide, instead of further increasing on next single target heal. I just hate how it works right now :
    Tank sits at 20% hp
    Shaman :" Wait, I'll top you thanks to UE + GHW, big heal incoming in 3,5 seconds."
    What do you think is going to happen ? Either the tank will die, or he will be topped by other healers by the time your big heal lands.

Deleted
    Well a new mastery could be the same as the Ascendance cooldown. X% of heal spread through all people in a 40y range.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahia View Post
    Tank sits at 20% hp
    Shaman :" Wait, I'll top you thanks to UE + GHW, big heal incoming in 3,5 seconds."
    What do you think is going to happen ? Either the tank will die, or he will be topped by other healers by the time your big heal lands.
    I think unleashed fury is better when you predict big tank damage incoming, like a triple puncture on horridon, you can unleash fury, precast ghw. I use the talent mainly because i always forget to use my elementals. I tend to keep my normal unleash elements before a healing rain etc, just using my uleash elements on a tank or someone I know will be taking damage for the 50% heal increase right after the healing rain.
    I do really like that idea of changing it to spreading the riptides though, that would be awesome and be like killing 2 birds with 1 stone, gives us more spread healing and make this talent more desirable. However I think if they change anything with our talents they should definitely change elemental blast first. This is vertually useless for resto, Maybe making it castable on players and jumping to nearby targets within 40yrds or something, heals and grants the buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrir View Post
    I think unleashed fury is better when you predict big tank damage incoming, like a triple puncture on horridon, you can unleash fury, precast ghw. I use the talent mainly because i always forget to use my elementals. I tend to keep my normal unleash elements before a healing rain etc, just using my uleash elements on a tank or someone I know will be taking damage for the 50% heal increase right after the healing rain.
    I do really like that idea of changing it to spreading the riptides though, that would be awesome and be like killing 2 birds with 1 stone, gives us more spread healing and make this talent more desirable. However I think if they change anything with our talents they should definitely change elemental blast first. This is vertually useless for resto, Maybe making it castable on players and jumping to nearby targets within 40yrds or something, heals and grants the buff.
    Think you are right about using ULE pre-emptively by predicting tank damage, it is still annoying to use at times because of the delay which could turn into overheals. I would like to see ULE do some more interesting effects for Resto myself, bonus heals is very boring especially Unleash Fury which brings nothing new or different at all. Having it spread Riptide is a pretty good idea, or CHL could spread Riptide, or ULE could do multiple effects like double the jump range on CHL plus spread Riptide.

I definetly agree with you about Elem Blast..... I have been saying it from the beginning and I have no idea why the spell still exists in DPS form for Resto spec. Blizz can make the spell behave differently for each spec so instead of trying to make one spell work for 3 vastly different specs they should customize for each spec. For Resto, it should either be a choice between damaging an enemy or healing an ally...... OR the damage you do is converted into a heal that heals the lowest HP party member, your ES target, spread between 6 players or whatever.

The buff should not be random either... make it buff your highest stat or simply INT for resto/elem and AGIL for Enh. Elem Blast as a heal would prob be a big, bursty heal......to further specialize it for Resto they could make it so a % of the heal is applied as a HoT or an absorb shield (shield would be awesome since resto doesn't really have any thru reg spells). It's really pretty disappointing how little thought and creativity was put into Elem Blast, it should feel unique and powerful for all 3 specs but instead of specializing for each spec they tried to make one ability work for all 3 specs which has failed IMO.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Incoming resto nerf! Just what we need. Fresh from the press on the PTR on the frontpage of mmo-champion! (how the hell do you quote in here?)

Restoration

Spiritual Insight now increases your mana pool by 300%, down from 400%.
    MMO Source

Hope I did that right. Anyways, this is still PTR, but it basically means that should this go through, we will loose 60k mana. Surprisingly enough, the same nerf is there for holy paladins, elemental shamans, boomkin and resto druids, but not for monks and priests.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    Incoming resto nerf! Just what we need. Fresh from the press on the PTR on the frontpage of mmo-champion! (how the hell do you quote in here?)

MMO Source

Hope I did that right. Anyways, this is still PTR, but it basically means that should this go through, we will loose 60k mana. Surprisingly enough, the same nerf is there for holy paladins, elemental shamans, boomkin and resto druids, but not for monks and priests.
    Cause monks and priests don't have the passive we do to give us 4x base mana......they have very different regen systems and I think smaller mana pools but works out cause of their regen....but yea guess they not part of this nerf. This is prob a nerf to healers in PVP, but they might have to relook at the regen mechancis for all healers to make sure its fair.

UE could be a lot more interesting, instead of a flat percentage increase to our next heal they could make it so it modifies the next heal in different ways depending upon which spell we cast - stuff along the lines of say, making GHW proc Ancestral Awakening twice, or 100% crit chance for HS, twice as many jumps on CH etc. This by no means addresses the title of the thread, but UE is a bit lackluster for something we use every 15 seconds.

As far as a fix to the current problem, addressing our mastery seems like the no brainer. I heal with a disc priest and a holy paladin, seeing 20-40% of their healing come from just their mastery on some fights is painful. If our mastery were rehashed they could implement something that wouldn't complicate pvp balance. Personally I'd like to see Ancestral Awakening turned into our mastery, either make the percentage that it heals for scale from mastery, or remove its interaction with crit and make it a % chance to proc from healing spells, and make the chance it procs scale with mastery.

The shrinking of Spiritual Insight seems more likely to suggest that nonhealer paladins, enhance shamans, and feral/guardian druids would have a mana pool increase to 75k at level 90.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrun View Post
    As far as a fix to the current problem, addressing our mastery seems like the no brainer. I heal with a disc priest and a holy paladin, seeing 20-40% of their healing come from just their mastery on some fights is painful. If our mastery were rehashed they could implement something that wouldn't complicate pvp balance. Personally I'd like to see Ancestral Awakening turned into our mastery, either make the percentage that it heals for scale from mastery, or remove its interaction with crit and make it a % chance to proc from healing spells, and make the chance it procs scale with mastery.
    indeed our mastery could be a lot more interesting. Ever since cata i felt like our mastery was something someone just pulled up and said that looks ok without really thinking about the implications.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    indeed our mastery could be a lot more interesting. Ever since cata i felt like our mastery was something someone just pulled up and said that looks ok without really thinking about the implications.
    Posted on wow forums about our mastery.
    Unsure if bliz will even read or pay attention but might be a good place to express our disinterest in our mastery there as well as here.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7256647383
    Last edited by mmoca8f8a4e9af; 2013-04-13 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrun View Post
    UE could be a lot more interesting, instead of a flat percentage increase to our next heal they could make it so it modifies the next heal in different ways depending upon which spell we cast - stuff along the lines of say, making GHW proc Ancestral Awakening twice, or 100% crit chance for HS, twice as many jumps on CH etc. This by no means addresses the title of the thread, but UE is a bit lackluster for something we use every 15 seconds.

I think having ULE behave differently depending on which heal spell consumes the buff is a really good idea and something they should consider....ULE is awfully boring for Resto when it has alot of potential to do more, and Unleash Fury talent is just as boring, its basically the exact same buff as the regular ULE.....Blizz def got lazy when designing ULE (in general honestly, but esp for Resto....same with Elem Blast for Resto).

MOAR chain heal jump range please...

Quote Originally Posted by Keldion View Post
    The shrinking of Spiritual Insight seems more likely to suggest that nonhealer paladins, enhance shamans, and feral/guardian druids would have a mana pool increase to 75k at level 90.
    Currently that build is live and mana hasnt changed. It was a complicated tooltip fix according to blizz.

Deleted
    I have said it before, they should switch Ascendance with Mastery. And make CH a copy from Chain Lightning.

So you'll get something like:
    Code:
    Mastery: Tranquil Healing
    Distributes 12% of all healing evenly to up 3 allies within 20 yards of the target. This will prefer targets with lowest health first.
    Each point of Mastery increases Tranquil Healing by 2%.
    Yes i have posted this before, but i have changed it a little, since it's a bit too much if its too all targets. So thats why i added a maximum amount of targets affected. Don't forget that all heals are affected now.

Code:
    Ascendance
    5.2% of base mana
    Instant -3 min cooldown
    Requires level 87
    The Shaman surrenders his physical form to the power of the elements, gaining the ability to transform into a being of raw elemental energy for 15 sec.

Restoration: 
    Increases the potency of your healing spells by up to 60%, based on the current health level of your target (lower health targets are healed for more).
    Since this mechanic works so nice for shamans i didn't want to lose it. It does however feel more like a Cooldown, that can either be saved for incoming heavy tank damage or Raid dmg, since it will affect our mastery, from above, too.

Code:
    Chain Heal
    18% of base mana    40 yd range
    1.5 sec cast
    Requires level 44

Heals the friendly target for 5905 to 6745 (+ 57.3% of SpellPower), then jumps to heal the most injured nearby targets within 20 yards. Heals up to 3 targets.
    This is the iconic spell for Resto Shamans. I remember spamming it like crazy in vanilla and Wrath. But in its current state it isn't that useful. Since it has such a short jump. Then you could say use the glyph, but that isn't really that viable. Since when your raid gets damage, it wants heals, like right away. And not after 4 secs. Then you can argue that we have more in our toolkit, but we do not have a Spell that heals a Spread out raid group which has like for 20%-30% damage on them, in which this change should help.

Also, i dare the Devs and or CM's so make a ToT raid, since that is current atm, with only Resto shamans. You will see they lack a Prayer of Healing kind of spell.

Since most of the time when I'm healing in ToT and i see moderate damage on a spread raid, I just wait and see what the Priests/Druids or Monks are doing. Since they are so much more effective in it. And i don't like that kind of healing. Don't get me wrong I totally love resto shaman healing, the triage style is nice and "laid back" but at the moment I need to work twice as hard than other healers to keep a raid alive when spread.

PTR 5.3 Build 16853 Notes:

Shaman
    Chain Heal had a ~18% increase to healing and SP scaling.
    Earthliving had a 20% increase to healing and SP scaling.
    Healing Rain had a 20% increase to healing and SP scaling.
    Healing Rain now costs 36.6% of Base Mana, down from 43.1%.

[...]

Restoration
    Earthliving Weapon had a 20% increase to healing and SP scaling.
    Spiritual Insight had a tooltip fix.
    Again only ELW, CH an HR buffs -.-

Those are probably hotfixes. If not, thats just too much imo.

Deleted
    This is a joke or what? Nice buff for over healing /facepalm...

Quote Originally Posted by MrWilson View Post
    PTR 5.3 Build 16853 Notes:

Again only ELW, CH an HR buffs -.-
    tooltip fixes for the recent hotfixes most likely

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean tooltip fixes? They look like straight up buffs to address Resto being low in PVE healing....... prob can't buff direct heals cause of PVP, other then ELW cause its a hot. Good buffs but its mainly aoe raid healing and less useful for 10 mans.....not sure what they could have buffed instead that wouldn't make us too strong in PVP.

I would love to see them redesign ELW's unleash fury effects to be more interesting. I liked the idea of having it make your spells behave differently depending on which heal consumes the ELW buff after you unleash......like CHL could double its jump range, GHW could have its heal spread to lowest 6 targets in 40yd radius, HS could have its heal doubled but as a hot or absorb shield.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    What do you mean tooltip fixes? They look like straight up buffs to address Resto being low in PVE healing....... prob can't buff direct heals cause of PVP, other then ELW cause its a hot. Good buffs but its mainly aoe raid healing and less useful for 10 mans.....not sure what they could have buffed instead that wouldn't make us too strong in PVP.

I would love to see them redesign ELW's unleash fury effects to be more interesting. I liked the idea of having it make your spells behave differently depending on which heal consumes the ELW buff after you unleash......like CHL could double its jump range, GHW could have its heal spread to lowest 6 targets in 40yd radius, HS could have its heal doubled but as a hot or absorb shield.
    Those buffs went live a few weeks ago. And as you probably don't know, Tooltip changes need a Client side patch.