Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    oh my god seriously another villain corrupted by the old gods? seriously? ugh remember when these guys WERENT the focus of every expansion

I can only remember TBC?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoulsen View Post
    I can only remember TBC?
    and even then old gods had a boss in the arcatraz and were worshipped by the arakkoa

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaojin View Post
    My first impression was exactly that Malkorok was manipulating Garrosh for the same reason that blog said: "Who is this guy who's suddenly 2nd in command?" "How is he so neigh invincible without backstory of conquest?" The blog has reasonable explanation for this: a black dragon in disguise... possible, but not probable. Mostly because if it were a Black Dragon wouldn't it make sense to use Garrosh to finish Wrathion? Thus he would no longer have to hide, but the Horde doesn't even give Wrathion a second glance.

If not a black dragon what is he? Surely not just some Blackrock Orc. Wrathion himself gave you the hint: This world is on a collision course, and the conflict your sides are engaging in is weakening us to the point where we won't be able to stand against it. If you are a lore enthusiast, then you would remember the Burning Legion's tactics for world conquests, and exactly what the purpose of a Dreadlord is.

And that's exactly what I think Malkorok is... a Dreadlord sent by the Burning Legion to sow chaos and disorder to make the conquest of Azeroth easier. Fits the M.O. perfectly, and wouldn't that be sweet irony; as much as Garrosh tried to distance himself from the Legion, his most trusted adviser was exactly that... an agent of the Legion.
    If this is correct (I hope so), it would be another sign for Burning Legion based xpac next time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    then imagine what an Orc with the powers of a Titan who is possessed by the Sha would turn into.
    How does Garrosh have the powers of a Titan?

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    How does Garrosh have the powers of a Titan?
    He gets a titan watcher in the scenario and the heart, there are many possibilities for him to use those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    He gets a titan watcher in the scenario and the heart, there are many possibilities for him to use those.
    Hmm, ok, but a titan watcher is not a titan.

Well we have yet to encounter a titan, all we met so far were watchers and those guys are hardly pushovers.

What if not Garrosh is empowered by the sha of pride but actually Vol'jin is?
    And that Garrosh is doing al kinds of crazy stuff but not sha related?

There was a thread earlier about Vol'jin being set up as a jerk towards the alliance and accepting no help?
    And that end 5.3/ early 5.4 We discover that Vol'jin is target of the last sha, we get that one out of the way and thus accepting help from the alliance?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sequitor View Post
    What if not Garrosh is empowered by the sha of pride but actually Vol'jin is?
    And that Garrosh is doing al kinds of crazy stuff but not sha related?
    Would be delightful, but too unobvious for Warcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    and even then old gods had a boss in the arcatraz and were worshipped by the arakkoa
    Errm old gods are Azerothian.

Arakkoa worshipped Terokk (one of their dead old heroes) there is no evidence of them worshipping old gods other than some ghost Arakkoa in Shadowmoon who tried to summon something that looks a little bit like C'Thun.

It has never been confirmed at all that Arakkoa worhsipped old gods, that what they summoned even was one, or that Draenor even had any.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoulsen View Post
    I can only remember TBC?
    Old Gods weren't the focus of classic either, C'thun and the Silithid were a part of classic, but they weren't a focus. Ever since Wrath of the Lich King, the Old Gods have been a lore cop out. This whole thing started off in Ulduar, then progressed throughout the rest of Wrath of the Lich King, though rather innocuously.

The whole "Old Gods make all other story irrelevant" thing really picked up steam when Cataclysm came about and Deathwing became a backseat villain for the Twilight's Hammer, so he could go burn some countrysides or... Something.

I actually expect him to use the Sha mostly on his minions.

He is probably going to get possesed for the fight, since he is not strong enough to fight 25 champions alone. But that doesn't necessarily make what Blizzard promised false. He has done all of this by himself, without being possesed or corrupted, he'll just need that power for the final fight.

Well, that's rather obvious considering the built up, wouldn't have been much reason to kill off the goblin otherwise. From a story telling point of view it's pretty much given now, would be stupid to have him corrupt Garrosh without having any built up to it. Even then I didn't really think about it up 'till this thread.

I mean, Garrosh said he wanted to utilize the Sha, and since he's the leader of the Horde he'll obviously want to control the biggest and the baddest of 'em all. I could see that in a final phase, or maybe even in a completely seperate encounter, heroic only probably, that Y'shaarj will take full control. Garrosh is filled with all kinds of negative emotions, might be enough to make Y'shaarj really take on a physical shape.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest being possesed or corrupted by old gods or demonic burning legion will be too glishi (not sure how to spell that word) and predictable.

Making Garrosh with his own free will building a secret army without the Horde knowing with his recent discovery of the artifacts in Pandaria make things more interesting in my opinion.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2013-04-12 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    To be honest being possesed or corrupted by old gods or demonic burning legion will be too glishi (not sure how to spell that word) and predictable.

Making Garrosh building a secret army without the Horde knowing with his recent discovery of the artifacts in Pandaria make things more interesting in my opinion.
    He's already doing that too. In fact he's been doing a lot of things, and of his own free will.

And really, the only problem with "corruption" or "corruptive" sources of power is if it makes the character do things that were previously against their character to do.

I don't think Garrosh empowering himself has to completely alter his motives and personality, he already wants to conquer Azeroth and believes himself its rightful ruler. He already believes he can master and control the power presented in the Sha and he hasn't been brain whispered or corrupted into coming to these conclusions.

If he takes upon himself the power of Y'shaarj it won't be corruption. He won't have been forced into it or unfairly deceived or pressured by outside influence.

It will be his choice with him fully understanding the risk.

None of the truly corrupted villains ever got a real choice, Deathwing was just brain-whispered, Arthas was soul-stoled as the result of the villains plot and so on.

With Garrosh the only one with the plan was Garrosh. He would be the one taking this power for himself without guidance or deception nor any supernaturally induced madness. He is making these choices as Garrosh.

I liked the idea mentioned before that a burning legion overseer would be a heroic only fight paving the way for a burning legion expansion and infernal rain world event
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I liked the idea mentioned before that a burning legion overseer would be a heroic only fight paving the way for a burning legion expansion and infernal rain world event
    Well, what exactly would this Overseer be doing there?

Garrosh still doesn't like Demons. His preferred summonings are all Elementals, his favored casters are all some form of Shaman and when they made their first Dire Orc it was through the power of Elemental Fire, not Fel.

Garrosh has never been a big fan of Demons and isn't likely to become one any time soon. Working with the Legion would probably be where he draws the line. It's just not something he would do.

I was merely being poetic, the same way Lei Shen calls himself a slayer of Gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    He's already doing that too. In fact he's been doing a lot of things, and of his own free will.

And really, the only problem with "corruption" or "corruptive" sources of power is if it makes the character do things that were previously against their character to do.

I don't think Garrosh empowering himself has to completely alter his motives and personality, he already wants to conquer Azeroth and believes himself its rightful ruler. He already believes he can master and control the power presented in the Sha and he hasn't been brain whispered or corrupted into coming to these conclusions.

If he takes upon himself the power of Y'shaarj it won't be corruption. He won't have been forced into it or unfairly deceived or pressured by outside influence.

It will be his choice with him fully understanding the risk.

None of the truly corrupted villains ever got a real choice, Deathwing was just brain-whispered, Arthas was soul-stoled as the result of the villains plot and so on.

With Garrosh the only one with the plan was Garrosh. He would be the one taking this power for himself without guidance or deception nor any supernaturally induced madness. He is making these choices as Garrosh.
    That's true and I understand what you mean.

What I mean is that durning his last battle against the horde and the alliance and after his defeat I want him to be Garrosh not to be possessed by Sha or old gods or demonic stuff durning the Siege of Orgimmar.

Deleted
    Shaping flesh and resurrecting his father? :O