Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jamlol View Post
    I stopped after season 5.

Heard it got pretty shitty after that, and the ending to that episode/season seemed like it would have made a really good series finale.
    I read somewhere (can't find it now some years ago) that Supernatural was a 5 season story arc so that would make perfect sense.

As far as the series I still watch it but I am not as enthralled as I once was. Personally I enjoyed it more with a larger cast of characters then just the dynamic duo (I admit to being a fan of Buffy an the Scooby gang).

I think they got green lit for another season so we shall see. I would like to see the golem come back.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    i miss the days Dean picked chicks left and right :P. this is one of those shows i still watch the day it airs. Dean needs a hot girl as a love interest to lighten up the mood. dude just moans left and right for couple of seasons now.

I was super happy to see the car come back. But I am getting a little tired of the pumped up 'crying for the brother' thing that's been going on the last few seasons. It was just a lot more fun when the dark humor was going full steam and they did more monster slaying. I know they're showing more 'growth' as people and blah blah blah but I started watching for the slaying and the humor. Lost a little of that for some reason. Heck even when the apocalypse was about to happen the show still made me laugh, but of late I get a lot less laughs for my viewing time. Still love the show, just hope they do something cool soon.

Also Benny replacing Sam for a few episodes for the bromance did not make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by jamlol View Post
    I stopped after season 5.

Heard it got pretty shitty after that, and the ending to that episode/season seemed like it would have made a really good series finale.
    I 100% agree with you.. but i kept watching because ive seen 5 seasons so im pretty much commited. Its not that bad really, but its not that great either. Its good for dragging time

Deleted
    I'm still waiting to see god.. I'll stop once we've seen him. That is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    This show has indeed ran its course. I still like it, but it seems to decline a little more each year after they exhaust plotlines.

I really liked the whole leviathan thing in 7. It was not the best Supernatural, but I just like anything that satirizes corporate America.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    I'm still waiting to see god.. I'll stop once we've seen him. That is all.
    So my thoughts are you already have. It is Chuck. Remember him? He's the prophet who writes the Supernatural books. Now there's two things about this particular guy. One, he is being protected by an Arch Angel in the episode where we first meet him. Two, in the episode where he is writing the story about Sam and Dean's life and talking about the car. If you watch, at the very end of the episode he snaps his fingers and disappears into thin air. Check out this link, specifically the section titled: Is Chuck God. http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/inde...=Chuck_Shurley

EDIT: I just read this part in the link I posted. Seems it is confirmed. "At the Rob Benedict Panel at Jus In Bello Italy 2011, Rob confirmed that Chuck is in fact God. He explains that other members of the cast, as well as Eric Kripke himself had asked him how it felt to play God." [Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni7uidj9Rx8]

By the way, just wanted to let people know saying the series should have ended. It has a new writer and they have stated they can extend the series to 10-12 seasons. So it is no doubt you thought the early seasons where better/different, it was a different person writing them. I don't have a source on this but I did read it.
    Last edited by NightZero88; 2013-04-10 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    Not the best but still enjoying I liked the inclusion if other mythologys like the Greek gods, the clay golem and M'jolnir (why they never thought to keep that hammer baffles me)

And Amanda tapping ofc loved her since the good old SG1 days

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    By the way, just wanted to let people know saying the series should have ended. It has a new writer and they have stated they can extend the series to 10-12 seasons. So it is no doubt you thought the early seasons where better/different, it was a different person writing them. I don't have a source on this but I did read it.
    I think that they have done a great job of keeping the story going while having stand-alone episodes. Many struggle with that.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I think that they have done a great job of keeping the story going while having stand-alone episodes. Many struggle with that.
    I love the random episodes that don't tie into the story. The LARP episode was hysterical. And yellow fever is by far the best episode of any show I've ever watched.

I love the random episodes that don't tie into the story. The LARP episode was hysterical. And yellow fever is by far the best episode of any show I've ever watched.
    I'm the same way. I like the overarching story for the most part, with the notable exception of the Leviathans which I think everyone agrees was pretty terrible, but the one-shot episodes are almost always the best ones. Cas as a hunter, the clown episode, anything involving frickin' Loki, the list goes on. They do have some great writers on staff; it's just too bad the last couple of seasons were headed by someone who had no idea what they were doing, but it does look like the show's slowly trying to get back to the way it used to be. If only Sam and Dean would stop having their little fight every episode that starts and gets resolved the same way each time, we'd be golden.

Still, at least not as bad as that one season (6?) where they split up literally almost every episode and the next one would start with them getting right back together again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    I'm the same way. I like the overarching story for the most part, with the notable exception of the Leviathans which I think everyone agrees was pretty terrible, but the one-shot episodes are almost always the best ones. Cas as a hunter, the clown episode, anything involving frickin' Loki, the list goes on. They do have some great writers on staff; it's just too bad the last couple of seasons were headed by someone who had no idea what they were doing, but it does look like the show's slowly trying to get back to the way it used to be. If only Sam and Dean would stop having their little fight every episode that starts and gets resolved the same way each time, we'd be golden.

Still, at least not as bad as that one season (6?) where they split up literally almost every episode and the next one would start with them getting right back together again.
    Haha, I love Loki. The TV show episode was good. As was the one where Dean dies over and over. And I always get a laugh out of his sword decoy that he made out of a can of diet sprite.

But yes, I actually hate last season and this one in terms of them always fighting nonstop. Then they make up and then they fight again the next episode. Show was much better with them together and working together.

As for the Leviathans, I thought the story was decent. They were a good bad guy but the end was disappointing. The whole poisoning the food so they could take over was a neat idea, especially with Dean not being able to eat hamburgers but then they just killed Dick and it ended in one episode and it was over.
    Last edited by NightZero88; 2013-04-10 at 07:31 PM.

Deleted
    I stopped watching Supernatural somewhere around season 3, if I remember correct.
    I don't know but I lost interest at that time specially with all that god/devil/angels angle. My favorite season is first on hands down, I just loved the whole monster/ghost/creeps etc. hunting. Then season 2-3 was okish because they still had monsters from time to time, but when they opened hells gate(or how it's called) and demons started to posses people it kinda became bit boring to me,so I stopped there and after some time decided to check it out again,but as I said that god/devil thing wan't interesting at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    For me it is okay, but I am more curious about The Men of Letters now than anything else.

As for the Leviathans, I thought the story was decent. They were a good bad guy but the end was disappointing. The whole poisoning the food so they could take over was a neat idea, especially with Dean not being able to eat hamburgers but then they just killed Dick and it ended in one episode and it was over.
    I guess I should say "execution of the story" instead of just generalizing all of Season 7 with my hatred. I liked the idea behind it--Levis taking over the world in a completely different way, the dynamic between them and the demons, as well as any other monster, and the Leviathan themselves were all pretty decent. But then you see Dick in like three episodes the entire season, and the Leviathan didn't even seem like that big of a threat to anyone once they figured out you could splash some bleach on them and AFK. And am I the only one who thought there were way too many? I understand the idea of demons needing an army, but these things were supposed to be creatures that even God feared were too powerful. They could one-shot angels, for crying out loud, yet every episode where some new Levi would show up, you just knew he was getting Borax'd and saying bye-bye to his head. Even Dick Roman kinda sucked one-on-one, and he was their leader.

I, personally, think they should have kept the Levis to seven main guys or something, and actually fleshed out the characters a bit. Instead, we got one main guy that showed up a few episodes and then bit it, a whole slew of faceless Levi that were just cannon fodder, and that one dude that kind of looked like Lou Diamond Phillips.

I guess I should say "execution of the story" instead of just generalizing all of Season 7 with my hatred. I liked the idea behind it--Levis taking over the world in a completely different way, the dynamic between them and the demons, as well as any other monster, and the Leviathan themselves were all pretty decent. But then you see Dick in like three episodes the entire season, and the Leviathan didn't even seem like that big of a threat to anyone once they figured out you could splash some bleach on them and AFK. And am I the only one who thought there were way too many? I understand the idea of demons needing an army, but these things were supposed to be creatures that even God feared were too powerful. They could one-shot angels, for crying out loud, yet every episode where some new Levi would show up, you just knew he was getting Borax'd and saying bye-bye to his head. Even Dick Roman kinda sucked one-on-one, and he was their leader.

I, personally, think they should have kept the Levis to seven main guys or something, and actually fleshed out the characters a bit. Instead, we got one main guy that showed up a few episodes and then bit it, a whole slew of faceless Levi that were just cannon fodder, and that one dude that kind of looked like Lou Diamond Phillips.
    Yeah, I completely agree. They may have explained it but Dick dies and then the Levi threat is gone. What happened to the rest of them? Did they just poof or something?

Yeah, I completely agree. They may have explained it but Dick dies and then the Levi threat is gone. What happened to the rest of them? Did they just poof or something?
    I think they implied that the Levis would be taken by surprise without Dick Roman's leadership if the demons struck quickly, which I assume they did because we only ever see them in Purgatory after that (which I really enjoyed, actually). It's too bad they left what could've been a solid second half of the story arc as an afterthought, and gave us 80% of last season instead.

I think they implied that the Levis would be taken by surprise without Dick Roman's leadership if the demons struck quickly, which I assume they did because we only ever see them in Purgatory after that (which I really enjoyed, actually). It's too bad they left what could've been a solid second half of the story arc as an afterthought, and gave us 80% of last season instead.
    Ah I see. Yeah, that's a shame they just killed it without going more into it. That being said here's another question, are they killing Levi's (I stole your shorthand version ) or vamps in Purgatory? Both appear to require you to cut off their head with a sword. Because of Benny I assume they're just fighting regular vamps because they never open their mouth like Levi's do. Mostly they just run up and get decapitated in half a second. By the way I'm referring more to the later episodes of Purgatory and not from last season.

Ah I see. Yeah, that's a shame they just killed it without going more into it. That being said here's another question, are they killing Levi's (I stole your shorthand version ) or vamps in Purgatory? Both appear to require you to cut off their head with a sword. Because of Benny I assume they're just fighting regular vamps because they never open their mouth like Levi's do. Mostly they just run up and get decapitated in half a second. By the way I'm referring more to the later episodes of Purgatory and not from last season.
    Both, I think. Every monster ends up there, but so far I think they've only shown vamps and Leviathan. It makes sense, as they're probably the two largest populations of monsters in the Supernatural universe. The latest episode where Sam does the second trial, it was completely vampires, but the flashbacks with Castiel were almost solely Leviathan with maybe one or two exceptions. Even though they're not always getting the time to open their mouths since they're basically still the same cannon fodder from last season, any time you see a glob of black sludge suddenly slam into the ground, it's a Levi. I actually really like the way they appear like that, but I sill wish they were a bit more of a threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep on watching the series but they're puttint too much story in the series, I hated the fact that Sam wasnt going all out demon anymore his powers were pretty awesome and kind of dark-sided, I still hope that will make its return. The whole thing about the old gun and them demons was pretty cool, didnt like the leviathan saga.. to me it didnt seem like it was a well written story that could merge into the already excisting story line..

And now with the angel crap, its OK I guess but not as good as it used to be.. In general the series seems kind of random as to what happens and what kind of story will unfold.

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel