Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Like many of you, I have played WoW off and on since launch. More on then off, my subscription has probably been active 75% of the time. That being said, I would like to move on. It's a fun game, but all my RL friends have left, but I still find myself with enough free time to donate 10 or 15 hours a week to playing video games. I work 40-45 hours a week, go to school at night (online master's programs are a waste of time and money by the way), and find time for other activities as well.

Anyway, I am looking for a new, super fun game. Here is some recent games I have played and what I thought to give you a gauge. Anyone run into a game that is really fun? I am not looking for a 20 hour, $60 PC game (I don't own any current gen consoles besides Wii which is pretty old). I am looking for a fun game to play for a while.

1. Wow: Fun, but getting old. Same skills, same classes, same playstyle and story forever.
    2. GW2: No story, can't get any motivation to play. Haven't gotten past level 10. Keep trying new classes but none seem to have any depth that early and just bore me.
    3. SWToR: Wow, but less smooth and worse implementation. Love Star Wars IP, but I can't get by the gameplay here. End game is boring, pvp gets old (no ranked or competitive play).
    4. D3: Played for a bit, but it feels very grindy and the economy is seems inflated. Don't like farming the same dungeon 15 times a day.
    5. LoL: Played it a bit, may go back and try this one. People seem to like it.
    6. Path of Exile: D3, but more boring and super complicated skill setup
    Have you tried:
    Firefall
    Vindictus
    Tera
    Warframe
    Aion
    Rift
    Age of Conan
    Lord of the rings online

or neverwinter online? (that's going into open beta at the end of the month)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Have you tried:
    Firefall
    Vindictus
    Tera
    Warframe
    Aion
    Rift
    Age of Conan
    Lord of the rings online

or neverwinter online? (that's going into open beta at the end of the month)
    I've tried Vindictus, but none of the others. I will check them out, thanks.

Deleted
    Hello !
    I'ts friday and I find myself in lack of friends/games so I came here.
    What I want is a long RPG game which i can sink many hours into. Sci-fi, medieval, etc... doesn't matter which.
    The games I've played is:

Mass effect 1,2,3
    Dragon age 1,2
    The witcher 1,2
    Two worlds
    Divinity
    Fallout 3 and NV
    TeS 3,4,5
    Dark souls
    Dark siders
    Borderlands 1,2
    Torchlight 1,2
    Titan quest
    far cry
    diablo 2,3
    Kingdoms of amalur reckoning
    More game to be added as times go (I have a poor memory when it comes to not so good games I've played)

I guess I'm looking for a game similar to those. Not a diablo style dungeon crawler, I'm tiered of those and not an fps.
    Would be grate if the game was fairly new with 1920x1080 res option. I just finished diablo II and my eyes hurt.
    Also I don't own any consols so I can't play games like demon's souls dragons dogma etc...
    Thanks for the help
    Last edited by mmoca9bf05c4ed; 2013-04-12 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Hello !
    I'ts friday and I find myself in lack of friends/games so I came here.
    What I want is a long RPG game which i can sink many hours into. Sci-fi, medieval, etc... doesn't matter which.
    The games I've played is:

Mass effect 1,2,3
    Dragon age 1,2
    The witcher 1,2
    Two worlds
    Divinity
    Fallout 3 and NV
    TeS 3,4,5
    Dark souls
    Dark siders
    Borderlands 1,2
    Torchlight 1,2
    Titan quest
    far cry
    diablo 2,3

I guess I'm looking for a game similar to those. Not a diablo style dungeon crawler, I'm tiered of those and not an fps.
    Would be grate if the game was fairly new with 1920x1080 res option. I just finished diablo II and my eyes hurt.
    Also I don't own any consols so I can't play games like demon's souls dragons dogma etc...
    Thanks for the help
    http://www.baldursgate.com/
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/12/ba...fter-bg-ships/

Baldurs gate 1, 2, and TOB are pretty widely regarded as the greatest RPGs bioware ever did.
    They are old school but they are genre definingly good.

BG1 is out and BG2 is coming out this year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    http://www.baldursgate.com/
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/12/ba...fter-bg-ships/

Baldurs gate 1, 2, and TOB are pretty widely regarded as the greatest RPGs bioware ever did.
    They are old school but they are genre definingly good.

BG1 is out and BG2 is coming out this year.
    Yeah I might grab that. However it's quite old and I've been playing alot of old games latley Diablo II, Planescape: Torment, vampire the masquerade etc and my eyes hurt.
    Edit: Thanks though I didn't actually know a second one was comming this year so I realy need to play the first one before the second one comes out :P
    Edit again: Now I'm confused BG2 is already out is 3 comming or is it just a remake of 2?
    Last edited by mmoca9bf05c4ed; 2013-04-12 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Yeah I might grab that. However it's quite old and I've been playing alot of old games latley Diablo II, Planescape: Torment, vampire the masquerade etc and my eyes hurt.
    Edit: Thanks though I didn't actually know a second one was comming this year so I realy need to play the first one before the second one comes out :P
    Edit again: Now I'm confused BG2 is already out is 3 comming or is it just a remake of 2?
    Remake of 2 with additional content and updated graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    what videogames from 2005-2007 or around that year you recommend ? any type, from rpgs to fps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    what videogames from 2005-2007 or around that year you recommend ? any type, from rpgs to fps
    Top games for those years, I have played most of them and can vouch for them.

2005:
    Resident Evil 4
    Star Wars: KOTOR 2
    Devil May Cry 3
    God of War
    Psychonauts
    Pokemon Emerald
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Star Wars Battlefront II
    Civilization IV

2006:
    Elder Scrolls Oblivion
    Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
    Resistance: Fall of Man

2007:
    Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
    Warriors Orachi
    Halo 3
    The Orange Box
    Call of Duty 4
    Assassins Creed
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    I suggest you check wiki's. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_in_video_gaming

Basicly google/youtube ftw as always...If one could just have tough about google or youtube 15 years ago or so :>
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Hi, I am in a familiar situation in which I have 30-40 games but nothing to play. I want to try something different. Something where I can run a city/civilisation and manage a good economy etc. I was looking at a few like Cities in Motion and the new Sim City but I heard a lot of negative things about Sim City so I couldn't justify paying £45 for it since that is actually quite a lot of money for me at least. So anyone got opinions on Cities in Motion or can suggestion similar games that are good? Prefer to have a game with a lot of detail, depth and replayability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Hi, I am in a familiar situation in which I have 30-40 games but nothing to play. I want to try something different. Something where I can run a city/civilisation and manage a good economy etc. I was looking at a few like Cities in Motion and the new Sim City but I heard a lot of negative things about Sim City so I couldn't justify paying £45 for it since that is actually quite a lot of money for me at least. So anyone got opinions on Cities in Motion or can suggestion similar games that are good? Prefer to have a game with a lot of detail, depth and replayability.
    Have you ever played the Civilization series?

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Have you ever played the Civilization series?
    I have tried it, yes but I didn't really enjoy it that much. I was looking for something that didn't really involve a lot of combat in it if something like that exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have tried it, yes but I didn't really enjoy it that much. I was looking for something that didn't really involve a lot of combat in it if something like that exists.
    Sim City 4 is a good alternative to Sim City (though if Sim City ever gets its crap fixed, it will be worth the cost, it just needs some time). It should also be fairly cheap now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could try two games Anno 1404 and Anno 1701 from Amazon, they're both nice.

Heya!
    I'm looking for some games that you would recommend to me and my 4 friends to play online/lan. We are not that demanding, yet it would be awesome it that game was free. What we already enjoyed (we haven't played that much for now):
    - League of Legends,
    - Slendytubbies (lol, a lot of fun and screaming),
    - Worms Revolution,
    - Magicka.
    Also, we are looking for some long-term browser game that relies on interaction between players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shooter: Deus Ex Human Revolution

Fighter:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

RPG:Skyrim,Witcher 1/2/Dishonored.

Platformers: I dunno, Sonic and Mario--

RTS:StarCraft II

and 'course there's always Pokemon.

Sports(If you're into that):Fifa 13.

Hack and Slash:God of War Ascension or Diablo 3.

MMO: --'course I'd say WoW, but for a change..i suppose Rift or Guild Wars 2.

Racing:Forza Horizon (xbox 360 only) or some need for speed game if you've a ps.
    Howay the lads!

Hey there

I'm looking for the name of a game that I think (not too sure..) came, or at least was preinstalled,on windows 95, and you had to go into dos to run it. I'm not to sure, but I think it was a demo, but it could also be a complete game.

Itwas an FPS (kind of lik Hexen and Doom)

The only concrete thing I can tell you is that at the very first level, you started in a room all alone, and the first "weapon" you had was your ability to form the "spiderman hand gesture" (the way he places his fingers when shooting his web) and you'd shoot a little red orb towards your eneimes.
    I also think he had a blue glove on.

iknow it's little information to go on, but I thought I'd ask anyway

Oh a I "think" it started with the letter "E", but then again it's been a long time since I played it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Hey guys looking for an RPG to sink a few hours into. Some decent combat would be nice but just looking for a very good story and characters more then anything. Preferably something from the Ps2 era would be nice as I have just finished Rouge Galaxy and am in the mood to play a few more on the system
    Persona 4. Also available on PS vita in enhanced form.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReeL View Post
    I'm looking for the name of a game that I think (not too sure..) came, or at least was preinstalled,on windows 95
    The only out of the ordinary game I remember on Win 95 was a vehicle based game called Hover!...and then there were all these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microso...rtainment_Pack

I don't remember a shooter at all, but that was a long time ago.
    BAD WOLF

Any S.P Game like Mu-online gear?

Well, i gotta admit that, even if it's old, i love the way webzen made mu online costumes, like i really like the way you can change gear's color by adding bless and souls to the item..
    wich goes from no-shiny at all to totally shiny and badass (?

and i've been wondering if there is any single player game out there where you can actually do this, like going from a type of shine to another by making the item better and better.
    maybe a stupid question, but i just wanted to know..
    thanks beforehand