Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    1. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...er/Dhcp/simple Couple of heroic firelands achieves when it was current (including bethliac) raided the rest on normal and have been raiding on various other tunes at various other difficulties for years. NEVER I repeat NEVER had a problem with normal raids. I have heroic ToES (have the helm to but it doesn't track for some reason)
    2. You can look through my guild. Some are server first actually. Got a death's demise enchance shaman. We are in almost universal agreement. Normals are the new heroics. Some of them are actually happy about this change. Others not so much.
    3. The encounter is indeed not friendly to holy paladins and megara is only slightly better. The same problem that afflicts tortos afflicts megara by the 5th or 6th head. Constant running around, avoiding everything on the fucking field as an obstacle course and almost NEVER any time to hard cast a spell.
    4. Tortos is not only badly tuned, it's mechanically overwhelming. I would suspect that the nerfs to previous bosses would suggest that the raid is poorly tuned (and in my opinion ill conceived mechanic wise) but I don't think you take that as evidence anyway. It's a couple things that make the fights unfun. If I avoid dmg from a boss mechanic I don't understand why I should still be taking dmg from it. Nobody actually get's hit by rock slide in the raid but guess what everyone takes dmg from rock slide, the same applies to megaras green explosion thing. The game is visually overwhelming now. Constant shit on the ground, sometimes it becomes very hard to see what you can and can't dodge (even though I still manage for the most part it is a strain). Finally the raids are just to busy. Seriously. Theirs just to much shit going on. Everything feels just complicated for the sake of complicated. They can't just through a couple of mechanics at you that you can master they have to punish you by constantly adding more and more. It's frustrating because it makes my job so much harder and I liked my job. Healing is fun. Well healing used to be fun. It isn't fun in ToT and I'm thinking about trying another roll or maybe quitting raiding altogether. I don't know I like my guild.

Look no offense you've only raided LFR apparently but you somehow have the temerity and the nerve to tell me that it's not the raids fault? You must be joking. Step into normals, get your ass handed to and then come back and tell me otherwise. My guild doesn't need your advice, were doing fine without it. We've been able to manage a steady boss a week but it hasn't been fun and we dread the future raids. Were not fucking cowards or pussies so we still get up and do it and we like each others company enough that even THIS raid as shitty as it is we still manage to get along well. We don't need to kill old bosses, we need BLizzard to design better new bosses. My suspicion is that once they start to recieve more "data" you'll see nerfs to the later fights as well.
    Lol dude, If anything I was trying to get on your page by explaining a few things and give sound advice. Instead you attack me - while I was trying to reach out to you.

Just because I haven't done "normal ToT part II" automatically says that I am not allowed to give my opinion on the fact that you feel this fight is bonkers? I didn't even say that you suck, I explained what might have been reasons. Other people seem to pass this "trial". But not everyone does as it always was. And yes it is sound advice that if you don't care about progress (which I think I remember you said), you wouldn't feel bad to just stick with what is current to you instead of just going unprepared into ToT feeling entitled to down everything just like it was Cata/WOTLK. The fact that I have done pretty much everything on heroic and cleared every content except 50% of naxx and not have killed C'thun when it was current suddenly makes my opinion invalid because of one raid?

Are you shitting me?

And if they apply nerfs, it doesn't mean that you are right - it was just that time to apply nerfs as they usually do since Cata. To let the less fortunate raiders get a chance to raid the content they were before unfit to do so (and unfit can be a broad meaning so do not flip over that word).

So again calm the fuck down and have a sensible discussion. I am not your enemy, but I am trying to look at it from every angle and not just assume that everything you do is perfect and therefor cannot be blamed other then Blizzard. I am no Blizzard fanboy by any means. And I did already say that the fights in normal are harder (due to LFR being for Pugs etc etc, Í am sure you've read my posts) - so take my advice or don't - but to me the choice you have AT THE MOMENT - is simple. You go back to where you left in 5.1. And pray Blizzard nerfs the content so you can savely go into 5.2 etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Lol dude, If anything I was trying to get on your page by explaining a few things and give sound advice. Instead you attack me - while I was trying to reach out to you.

Just because I haven't done "normal ToT part II" automatically says that I am not allowed to give my opinion on the fact that you feel this fight is bonkers? I didn't even say that you suck, I explained what might have been reasons. Other people seem to pass this "trial". But not everyone does as it always was. And yes it is sound advice that if you don't care about progress (which I think I remember you said), you wouldn't feel bad to just stick with what is current to you instead of just going unprepared into ToT feeling entitled to down everything just like it was Cata/WOTLK. The fact that I have done pretty much everything on heroic and cleared every content except 50% of naxx and not have killed C'thun when it was current suddenly makes my opinion invalid because of one raid?

Are you shitting me?

And if they apply nerfs, it doesn't mean that you are right - it was just that time to apply nerfs as they usually do since Cata. To let the less fortunate raiders get a chance to raid the content they were before unfit to do so (and unfit can be a broad meaning so do not flip over that word).

So again calm the fuck down and have a sensible discussion. I am not your enemy, but I am trying to look at it from every angle and not just assume that everything you do is perfect and therefor cannot be blamed other then Blizzard. I am no Blizzard fanboy by any means. And I did already say that the fights in normal are harder (due to LFR being for Pugs etc etc, Í am sure you've read my posts) - so take my advice or don't - but to me the choice you have AT THE MOMENT - is simple. You go back to where you left in 5.1. And pray Blizzard nerfs the content so you can savely go into 5.2 etc.
    Why in gods name would I take the sound advice from someone who hasn't even sampled the content were talking about? I don't care about your previous experience because normal ToT BLOWS ALL OF THEM OUT OF THE WATER in terms of sheer difficulty. We have folks in that guild who were doing sunwell when it as current and this tier blows the piss out of that. Nothing in my own experience compares to ToT it really is paradigm shifting. Normals are now heroics on crack. I can't imagine what heroics are like.

Your opinion as far as this current tier is concerned is completely invalid. Other people seem to pass the trial and I'm sure this guild will to and maybe even I will. It doesn't make it fun, it doesn't mean we can take many of our friends with us who were able to raid normals in the past and it doesn't mean this entire experience isn't frustrating. I don't assume everything I do is perfect, I leave that to heroic raiders. I ASSUME THAT NORMAL RAIDS allow me enough leeway that not everything I do has to be perfect. That's they key. Hell even when I do something like dodge rockfalls I STILL GET HIT WITH DAMAGE. Going back to 5.1 won't solve that. Going back to 5.0 won't solve that. Going back to clear raids we already cleared won 't solve a damn thing. Why in gods name should I wait for them to get their tuning act together? When you understand that people shouldn't youll understand where all the raiders have gone.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Alright my opinion doesn't matter. Still I think you make an error by not just complaining about current content being out of your league (in the way you want to raid) - instead of just going back to former content that you didn't complete. Like I said: I couldn't dream to just go to SSC if I hadn't cleared and geared in Karazhan. And from SSC en TK you could go to Mount Hyjal and Black Temple etc - you had to do those otherwise you'd fail miserably. I am not talking about atunements here so please do not come at me with those. I am strictly talking gear. In TBC and Vanilla aswell basically everything was gated behind gear (and attunements) progress. So if you feel you cannot hack it right now - go back and do content that is designed to be current for you. Once you have completed that I am sure you'll be having a lot more fun in the content that is there right now.

But I am probably talking out of my arse here since I have never been in ToT part II normal. And to come back on topic: This "normal difficulty being too high" might be a part of what is happening to the raiders dissapearing. But I think the biggest reason is just they don't want to commit anylonger to guildraidtimes etc. They wanna raid whenever they feel like it. That is the biggest reason. You can complain all you want on how difficult it is, but from what I have witnessed (and that is subjective as it is my experience alone) - raiders don't just raid for fun - they raid for progress. Be it normal or heroic. A sense of accomplishment. And if you just raid for the hell of it, I don't expect anyone to make it in normal either. Because thats what LFR is for. If you're that casual you should be in the league that is for you. And I already explained why normal is more difficult now - and I understand you want to go back oneshotting normal bosses. Well I guess we're a long way off from that situation at the moment. So again: either man up and bash your head in (which you hate doing), go back a tier and raid/complete that first/or stop raiding (go LFR).

Easy right? You can be mad about that and I understand that perfectly - but those are your choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright my opinion doesn't matter. Still I think you make an error by not just complaining about current content being out of your league (in the way you want to raid) - instead of just going back to former content that you didn't complete. Like I said: I couldn't dream to just go to SSC if I hadn't cleared and geared in Karazhan. And from SSC en TK you could go to Mount Hyjal and Black Temple etc - you had to do those otherwise you'd fail miserably. I am not talking about atunements here so please do not come at me with those. I am strictly talking gear. In TBC and Vanilla aswell basically everything was gated behind gear (and attunements) progress. So if you feel you cannot hack it right now - go back and do content that is designed to be current for you. Once you have completed that I am sure you'll be having a lot more fun in the content that is there right now.

But I am probably talking out of my arse here since I have never been in ToT part II normal. And to come back on topic: This "normal difficulty being too high" might be a part of what is happening to the raiders dissapearing. But I think the biggest reason is just they don't want to commit anylonger to guildraidtimes etc. They wanna raid whenever they feel like it. That is the biggest reason. You can complain all you want on how difficult it is, but from what I have witnessed (and that is subjective as it is my experience alone) - raiders don't just raid for fun - they raid for progress. Be it normal or heroic. A sense of accomplishment. And if you just raid for the hell of it, I don't expect anyone to make it in normal either. Because thats what LFR is for. If you're that casual you should be in the league that is for you. And I already explained why normal is more difficult now - and I understand you want to go back oneshotting normal bosses. Well I guess we're a long way off from that situation at the moment. So again: either man up and bash your head in (which you hate doing), go back a tier and raid/complete that first/or stop raiding (go LFR).

Easy right? You can be mad about that and I understand that perfectly - but those are your choices.
    This guild has completed it. I haven't completed every boss but are you seriously suggesting that 9 other people waste and fritter away their time on bosses they've already got on farm for the sake of ONE PERSONS ACHIEVEMENT SCORE? What's the point? I can gte the gear from lfr and from the first couple of bosses we have downed. It isn't an GEAR issue, it never has been, well except for maybe Horridon and they finally got around to fixing that fight. It's an overload of mechanic issue.

Like I'm sorry "content that's designed to be current for me"? In the past that was normal content that was released it's not. Why in gods fucking name should I go back and clear content we've already cleared just because the current raid is to fucking hard.

You are exactly talking out your ass here and I'm not sure why I should take you seriously. Is their never a fucking middle ground with you people? WE DIDN'T ONE SHOT BOSSES IN WOTLK OR CATA EITHER on normal or on heroic. The difference was that those normal tiers felt like normal. They didn't make me rip my fucking hair out. They didn't constantly have me running obstacle courses, paying more attention shit out the ground then healing. They let me AVOID dmg instead of simple just taking dmg even when you avoid the ability. Your telling me to man up? You've got to be fucking kidding me. You know the man up thing to do? GO play another fucking game, stop giving the developers my hard earned money and go accomplish something else.

Honestly I asn't pissed off before but reading your nonsense has incensed me. I have an idea. Act like a fucking man please and stop posting when you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Educate yourself.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Of those 700k guilds, only 40k killled Stone Guards normal, the rest dont raid and are therefore irelevant for the discussion.

13k killed empress before 5.2. 18k killed empress as for today. Around 50% more, means a lot of people was trying to kill the bosses and were failing, and the fact that only 13k guilds have killed was not due to people not trying. The nerf was needed a long time ago (it was needed when it was current).

Now, if you want to take the 660k guilds that dont even try to do the content because you have no real arguments, then i feel sorry for you.

I've highlighted something very important in this discussion for you.

"THE REST DONT RAID".

You've made a very large mistake as dismissing these guilds and put them into the category of "Dont want to raid", which is wrong.

There is a reason these guilds dont raid. Its not to do with raid difficulty, its because a portion of them CANT RAID. This is due to logistics, either raiders cant turn up on time consistently, or they are leaderless.

What you need to do, is find out how many players raid in LFR. This my friend, is the true number of players that DO actually want to raid.

Youve made a large mistake to assume that the only people who want to raid are the people who are currently raiding normal modes, and based your entire arguement off that premise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MacD123 View Post

"THE REST DONT RAID".

You've made a very large mistake as dismissing these guilds and put them into the category of "Dont want to raid", which is wrong.

There is a reason these guilds dont raid. Its not to do with raid difficulty, its because a portion of them CANT RAID. This is due to logistics, either raiders cant turn up on time consistently, or they are leaderless.

What you need to do, is find out how many players raid in LFR. This my friend, is the true number of players that DO actually want to raid.

Youve made a large mistake to assume that the only people who want to raid are the people who are currently raiding normal modes, and based your entire arguement off that premise.
    Out of curiosity does wowprogress also track my bank guild or the alt levelling guild that my dk was in on another realm.

I mean claiming that there is 660k more guilds out there that want to raid but cant. compared to the 40k who have killed something is rather bold.

The people who want to raid normal mode and the people who do LFR are 2 different kind of groups. Those who do LFR, do not automaticly want to raid normal mode
    But I will aggre that a lot of people of the LFR people would probably want to raid normal mode but can't because of logistics, time problems, can't find a guild, on a dead realm etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax75 View Post
    Out of curiosity does wowprogress also track my bank guild or the alt levelling guild that my dk was in on another realm.

I mean claiming that there is 660k more guilds out there that want to raid but cant. compared to the 40k who have killed something is rather bold.

The people who want to raid normal mode and the people who do LFR are 2 different kind of groups. Those who do LFR, do not automaticly want to raid normal mode
    But I will aggre that a lot of people of the LFR people would probably want to raid normal mode but can't because of logistics, time problems, can't find a guild, on a dead realm etc.
    Any guild can be entered into wowprogress.com, by anyone. The site doesn't go out looking for guilds, though, or automatically update them (it used to do this, but now someone has to ask for an update; again, it can be anyone who does that.)

I've been updating old guilds on my server that had progress in T13 or earlier. This added a handful of guilds to the T14 progression list (mostly 1/12 or 2/12 from guilds that had gone casual and were just dabbling with a little normal raiding in the previous tier.)

I don't see where wowprogress lists the number of guilds it tracks. The progression %s are of the guilds that have any progression in the tier, so all the non-raiding guilds are screened out (as are the guilds that wanted to raid, but couldn't down even the first boss, but what can they do.) Anyone could go and ask for your bank guild to be tracked, but it would have to be deliberate.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax75 View Post
    All barriers to entry. Difficulty is also a barrier to entry. Difficulty is a barrier to entry they can do something about.
    The hammer comes down:

Hey I know... let's nerf all the tests in schools aswell. My little daughter of 12 cannot go to college because well... she cba with actually studying. She wants to have a laugh and play with her friends. So because of this I want her to go to college (or anything that comes before going to university)... But well... schools have these tests and she is either too stupid or truly can't be arsed... I pay taxes and extras so my little girl can get there aswell. I mean people like that are the vast majority of people in the world... so by those standards...
    Some people think that the only proper way to raise a child is to make them into a machine designed to get into Princeton/Yale/Harvard, which means no friends, no play time, pretty much just study and practice the first 18 years of existence. You keep them motivated through the fear of disappointing you, and you reinforce this by always telling them how disappointed you are that they are not perfect, that they are not trying hard enough. You have failed as a parent if your child is already 12 years old and has not been taught this every day for the last 10 years. Its just like raiding, it is not some positive affirmation that moves a raider, it is the utter fear of being a failure, it is the shame of standing in the fire.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    We quit the game I guess?

I played since December 2005, and I quit several months ago as it was obvious that 25 man raiding was dead, and Blizzard wasn't going to do anything to bring it back. I found that WoW just wasn't fun when I wasn't part of a large raiding guild, so I stopped playing. I never liked the expansion theme too, although Pandaria (the continent) was cool.
    Sounds very much the same as my story... although i will add that i will come back when Wow is free to play.

Hey I know... let's nerf all the tests in schools aswell. My little daughter of 12 cannot go to college because well... she cba with actually studying. She wants to have a laugh and play with her friends. So because of this I want her to go to college (or anything that comes before going to university)... But well... schools have these tests and she is either too stupid or truly can't be arsed... I pay taxes and extras so my little girl can get there aswell. I mean people like that are the vast majority of people in the world... so by those standards...
    First off, it's a game, jesus H. Christ, stop with that.

Second off, they DO "nerf" tests, fairly often, actually! At least in the USA, so people can pass.

"THE REST DONT RAID".

You're making a false assumption that everyone in LFR actualy wants to be there because they want to raid and not because Blizzard put the best PVE rewards outside normal raiding in LFR.

You can't credibly claim to know in an MMO that people do content because they want to when they the best loot in the game is behind that content.

If pet battles had 502 loot, then a great many more people would do pet battles. Would that mean that pet battles are suddenly more fun inherently? No.

No content with better rewards can be compared to any other and be said to be more desirable unless both offer the same rewards for roughly the same time input.

Raiding gives out the best rewards in the game and until something else awards something similar, how much people want to do raiding versus how much they are doing it because Blizzard wants them to can't really be known.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    First off, it's a game, jesus H. Christ, stop with that.

Second off, they DO "nerf" tests, fairly often, actually! At least in the USA, so people can pass.
    Actually yea. They grade on a bell curve all the time. LOL.
    The hammer comes down:

Yep. Or they're social / pvp guilds, and simply not interested.

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    You're making a false assumption that everyone in LFR actualy wants to be there because they want to raid and not because Blizzard put the best PVE rewards outside normal raiding in LFR.

You can't credibly claim to know in an MMO that people do content because they want to when they the best loot in the game is behind that content.

If pet battles had 502 loot, then a great many more people would do pet battles. Would that mean that pet battles are suddenly more fun inherently? No.

No content with better rewards can be compared to any other and be said to be more desirable unless both offer the same rewards for roughly the same time input.

Raiding gives out the best rewards in the game and until something else awards something similar, how much people want to do raiding versus how much they are doing it because Blizzard wants them to can't really be known.
    I enjoy PvP in this game, but dislike rbgs and arena. So I don't bother with them, despite the fact that they're generally required for the best gear in the game.

But back on topic. It'd be interesting to see the hard data on LFR attendance, and more importantly, how many players have LFR kills and zero attempts on normal mode. I'll bet that it'd be quite high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Yep. Or they're social / pvp guilds, and simply not interested.
    Untrue and to be frank if your going to make such general broad statements you should probably think it through before you do. Raid scheduling is a barrier to entry. everything he list was. raid difficulty is also a barrier to entry and a significant one. This expansions "catch up" mechanics also present a barrier to entry. both of which imo contribute far more to the decline in raiders than anything else scheduling or other wise. The barriers to entry he listed were around in DS as well however we still had more guilds raiding. Those barriers didn't change. The difficulty and the catch up mechanics did.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Untrue and to be frank if your going to make such general broad statements you should probably think it through before you do. Raid scheduling is a barrier to entry. everything he list was. raid difficulty is also a barrier to entry and a significant one. This expansions "catch up" mechanics also present a barrier to entry. both of which imo contribute far more to the decline in raiders than anything else scheduling or other wise. The barriers to entry he listed were around in DS as well however we still had more guilds raiding. Those barriers didn't change. The difficulty and the catch up mechanics did.
    Do you honestly think that every single guild out there wants to raid, but can't? Perhaps you need to think about the issue more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you honestly think that every single guild out there wants to raid, but can't? Perhaps you need to think about the issue more.
    When did I say every guild wanted to? I said more would if their were less barriers to entry. LFR represents a significant removal of some of the barriers to entry. Blizzard in their infinite wisdom added more this raid tier (and I would argue this expansion overall) and as a consequence less players are going to raid normals. Simple as that.

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 05:46 PM ----------

I enjoy PvP in this game, but dislike rbgs and arena. So I don't bother with them, despite the fact that they're generally required for the best gear in the game.

But back on topic. It'd be interesting to see the hard data on LFR attendance, and more importantly, how many players have LFR kills and zero attempts on normal mode. I'll bet that it'd be quite high.
    I would be shocked if it weren't tbqh. In part because of it's convenience but also because a large chunk of players who would have otherwise been normal raiders have been pushed out of this tier and the previous tier. They stopped being "normal" or "average" raiders when the difficulty increased.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-04-12 at 06:34 PM.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey I know... let's nerf all the tests in schools aswell.
    WoW isn't a place to learn. This is a poor analogy.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Maybe off topic, but

Can't really understand the fuss about MoP normals though.

It was not harder than Cata normals(DS is exception, well)

The problem is that gear is just fucking tedious to get, but the difficulty in optimal gear level isn't really hard..

Oh and Tortos should be just deleted. Worst RNG fight I ever seen.

Turtle hits healer a lot of times? wipe
    Turtle hits people who has rock falling on top? wipe
    Can you avoid the turtles(especially healer)? not really
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2013-04-12 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Maybe off topic, but

Can't really understand the fuss about MoP normals though.

It was not harder than Cata normals(DS is exception, well)

The problem is that gear is just fucking tedious to get, but the difficulty in optimal gear level isn't really hard..

Oh and Tortos should be just deleted. Worst RNG fight I ever seen.

Turtle hits healer a lot of times? wipe
    Turtle hits people who has rock falling on top? wipe
    Can you avoid the turtles(especially healer)? not really
    Well, actually you CAN avoid turtles as a healer. You needed to slow them pre-nerf, after nerf they are so slooooooow by themselves that looks like slowing them is not required any more. Boss is still too random, though; but, to be honest, Megaera is as much random with a lot more damage incoming in raid, while healers still have a bad, bad times for hardcasting.
    Still don't understant what was the reason to increase freaking iLvl on items for so much. And, while it is increased, lots of new items suck. Our damage dealers are complaining all the time for having a ton of unneeded hit/expertise because of tons of them on a new items. And, by the way, valor items from Shado-Pan sucks as much for having a very crappy stat customisation; my Holy Priest can't take any of that items after reaching Honored because there is a fucking crit on every item.
    To those people who still can't pass through first part of t15 normal: Guys, cheer up. When you reach Durumu, you'll understand that all bosses before it were a little pink wearing pussies, lol.