Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it. Sub numbers aren't increasing with all the kids they figured mope would draw in. Next patch they are already making content that won't be in panda land, that really shows that blizz knows it was a mistake.

Let's not.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-04-13 at 06:08 PM.

Deleted
    Other than over doing the daily's at the start of MoP I think they are very happy with it.

The new Monk class as been good (much better than when DK's were first introduced), Pandaria is a great continent and ToT is probably one of the best raid instances in years and on top of that they are releasing new continent at a very fast rate. For me WoW is in it's best state since Ulduar.

Sub numbers wont reach 12m again but I think that's due to people moving on in general, they could probably release the best content they have ever made and will struggle to get that number again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I doubt it. Sub numbers aren't increasing with all the kids they figured mope would draw in.
    I'm impressed by your remote mind reading skills, since there are no statements from Blizzard saying they were figuring that.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    So monks, pvp power, transmog, challenge modes, LFR, scenarios, phased daily hubs, void storage, 5-ability talent system, bonus rolls, CRZ, cross-realm anything, account-wide mounts & pets, pet battles...that all existed in Wrath? I had no idea!!
    Only things that don't suck from that list is transmog, challenge modes and account wide mounts The rest is bad and boring.

Deleted
    I think they are really happy with MoP.

I'm not happy anymore as i dont want to raid/lfr and Blizzard meant it's something that majority should do. I felt happier at cata 4.3, running new heroics. It really bothers me as MoP is still most polished and highest-quality expansion ever but it's not meant for me anymore.

I don't see any evidence that they aren't, overall, happy with MoP. The sub data doesn't look as bad as Cataclysm so far. Activity seems to be holding up. There are some rough spots (PvP, organized raid participation), but not the "arterial bleed splashing the floor" problems of early Cataclysm.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Indeed. And they wouldn't be constantly listening to the playerbase. I think it is more a question of some players being unable to learn that what THEY want is not always what should be done.
    Very true and yeah there is a fine line when it come to listening to players, and yes some players just don't know what they want and true on that it should not always be done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McCronCronz View Post
    Only things that don't suck from that list is transmog, challenge modes and account wide mounts The rest is bad and boring.
    Which wasn't the point of the comment in any way whatsoever. Care to shoehorn anything else you think is "bad and boring"? Vanilla ice cream perhaps? It would have just as much relevance.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I think they are really happy with MoP.

I'm not happy anymore as i dont want to raid/lfr and Blizzard meant it's something that majority should do. I felt happier at cata 4.3, running new heroics. It really bothers me as MoP is still most polished and highest-quality expansion ever but it's not meant for me anymore.
    You liked running the same 3 HoT dungeons over and over? If I got what you are saying right. First time they were cool, but by the 10th time they just became tedious with Well of Eternity becoming very tedious very fast and some parts of End Time being so so. The least liked were from the beginning were Halls of Origination (too long) and Deadmines (too long as well). And lets not forget the Troll Heroics that were brutal even in a guild run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    You liked running the same 3 HoT dungeons over and over? If I got what you are saying right. First time they were cool, but by the 10th time they just became tedious with Well of Eternity becoming very tedious very fast and some parts of End Time being so so. The least liked were from the beginning were Halls of Origination (too long) and Deadmines (too long as well). And lets not forget the Troll Heroics that were brutal even in a guild run.
    I did. I enjoyed being able to "gear" my toons decently with HoT dungeons and few valor epics. I just happen to like random aoe fest 5-mans, sorry. I once counted all my troll heroic runs between my toons and got about ~250. Everyone via LFD, even got timed run done few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    I think they realized how much the playerbase HATES dailies. Beyond that, I'm certain they're quite impressed with this expansion thus far.
    Dailies that are slow and tedious and/or involve a lot of slow travel, yep, people hate them a whole lot.

I'm sure no one at Blizzard could have anticipated this.

Deleted
    Playing since release , mop is currently the only expansion who made me unsub because the game is garbage .
    > mandatory dailies , even to get an extra chance at winning something in LFR you need charms from you guessed it , dailies
    > pvp in the most retarded state ever , from low level bgs to max level pvp
    > handfull of dungeons , and most of them are horrible , bosses with 1 ability and even if u fail it it only takes like 25% of your health , so basically almost all of them are tank and spank
    > CRZ , blizzards pathetic attempt of cover the fact that dozens of realms are dead or 1 sided ( my realm Kazzak currently being horde only )
    > and most importantly , that fact that hundreds of players are forced to pay a lot of money to transfer because blizzard doesent want to merge realms.

Now dont get me wrong , i dont hate "pandaland" , i finished all quests in pandaria ( except dailies , i dont need a second job ) and the lore/atmosphere is great , its just that everything else is bad.

No , blizzard isnt happy , they are losing a lot of money , and we all know how much blizzard loves money .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-like-chocolate-milk View Post
    No , blizzard isnt happy , they are losing a lot of money , and we all know how much blizzard loves money .
    Where do you get that from? To me it looks like they are still getting QUITE some money out of a 9 year old game. And even with that 9 year old game the still have more subscribers than several so called "WoW-Killers" combined during their peak in subscriptions.
    Now show me a couple of other games with a monthly subscription fee that have 9 million+ subscribers.

On Topic: I think that after the desaster that Cataclysm was (and they admitted that themselves) they can be quite happy with the reactions to MoP they're getting from the crowd.
    Sure, they made a couple of mistakes but these happen in every xpac. And at least this time they had the guts to admit them and do something about it (work orders, daily heroic/scenario reputation-bonus, grand recommendation, Lesser Charm drops from outdoor mobs in 5.3)
    Correcting such things that a greater number of people just don't like gives the company, the game and the devellopers a much better reputation than before.

is anyone happy with MoP other than a few pve'rs? from what I have read and seen, PvP is close to completely dead, casuals are forced to continue questing for the most part at end level, and these new scenarios seem quite dull and just something to try once or twice.

What really killed WoW for me is that all classes simply have too many (similar) skills/spells, which leads to impossible PvP and also takes the fun out of PvE, because all that matters is numbers and not the unique skills of a class.
    Last edited by deepr; 2013-04-13 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldesh View Post
    the desaster that Cataclysm was (and they admitted that themselves)
    Yeah? Quote please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You think Vanilla and TBC had more stuff to do than what we have to do currently? I fail to see the logic in that statement.
    In a time-consuming way? Yes, there was. Old pvp-ranks, raids, even heroic gear. All that was far more time-consuming than it was in previous expansions, and you just couldn't say your character reached maximum progression like you did during 3.3
    Last edited by mmoc560683934b; 2013-04-13 at 03:23 PM.

They seem very happy with it when talking about it. But hey, they also seemed happy with Dragon Soul when talking about it too.

I can see why they are happy with this expansion though, I think it's great (as if I haven't said that it's my favorite expansion to date enough). Sure it has had its problems, but they're minimal compared to the problems of every past expansion. The daily fiasco has been fixed, the only big problem now is the Heroic Dungeons, and tbh I'm having plenty of fun without them, they've always felt more like chores than anything else to me, it is still a problem though, because it affects others.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    is anyone happy with MoP other than a few pve'rs? from what I have read and seen, PvP is close to completely dead, casuals are forced to continue questing for the most part at end level, and these new scenarios seem quite dull and just something to try once or twice.
    MoP has many fans, it is thus far the expansion which gets the most love while it is current from my experience. Every other expansion has been hated big time while it was current, MoP seems to be fairly liked in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrena View Post
    During BC and even more so in vanilla, there was a ton of stuff to do.
    Now I'm not so sharp on TBC, I quit for the majority of that expansion, but in Vanilla all you would do outside of raid nights was to farm Twilight Cultists in Silithus for those texts that sold well on AH. Once you reached gear above dungeons, then there was nothing more to do than wait for the raids, and while that wasn't a bad thing back then it sure wouldn't go over well today.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-04-13 at 03:38 PM.

they havent fixed PvP at all yet

Deleted
    im very unhappy with how much time it takes to cap VP , i dont have very much time to play at the moment and i have not capped it for ages because it requires me to play ALOT more then i can and want to