Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    As I said tiring after while, so in this moment I don't give a shit about ignorant arguments. Just how on this forum after debating x topic for a while. I just avoid those topics altogether.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 03:19 PM ----------

I'm half black and gay so I pretty much am part of both minorities who have and are fighting for rights in recent history.
    I've seen you in every topic regarding homosexuality. Your in the discussion, you just dismiss any type of opposition.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 07:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lolo855 View Post
    There shouldn't be a problem with that in the first place, I don't see any valid argument against gay marriage or gay people however they act, people do what they want as long as it's not hurting you or as long as it isn't against your rights, so i don't see how being gay or even being a stereotyped gay affects you in any way.

or are you somehow implying that watching gay does hurt you ? and if it does please tell us how, because I can't see how the fuck that could possibly affect you.

people ( gay, straight, trans, whatever ) shouldn't be given rights depending on who they love or how they are, everyone deserves equal rights and everyone has the same duties.
    Hes not saying that it is wrong.

He is saying that it reinforces negative stereotypes, hindering the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    I've seen you in every topic regarding homosexuality. Your in the discussion, you just dismiss any type of opposition.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 07:27 PM ----------

Hes not saying that it is wrong.

He is saying that it reinforces negative stereotypes, hindering the cause.
    This is not type of topic I am avoiding, these are the type of topics I will talk on, but I will not accept arguments of beliefs for wanting to do away with civil rights (or rather not give) beliefs have no place in civil rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    We can start by getting rid of gay pride parades.
    I disagree 100%. Gay pride parades are great events that are no longer just for people of the LGBT community. THey are about the community coming together and celebrating their differences, I know plenty of Straight people who would be upset to see them go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Javik View Post
    I disagree 100%. Gay pride parades are great events that are no longer just for people of the LGBT community. THey are about the community coming together and celebrating their differences, I know plenty of Straight people who would be upset to see them go.
    Its not the straight people being made to look like fools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    According to whom?
    Yahweh. The I AM I AM. The Living One. He who persists forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not the straight people being made to look like fools.
    Have you even been to a pride parade? OR are you just basing your entire outlook on them based on the controversial images the media slaps on the news to get views?

This may be shocking to you, but there is far more to the Gay Pride parades than the actual parades.

Deleted
    Have you even been to a pride parade? OR are you just basing your entire outlook on them based on the controversial images the media slaps on the news to get views?

This may be shocking to you, but there is far more to the Gay Pride parades than the actual parades.
    Yes I have been to two of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I have been to two of them.
    Then surely, you understand that there is more to them then just flamboyant people being controversial?

Why are you letting the controversial part of the parade undermine the entire event? I'd go as far to say the flamboyant men on parade floats are a minority at these events, at least from my experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is really great news with more progress being made on this.

I'm in no way gay, but I'm agnostic and enjoy listening to the debates on both sides. Personally I believe not allowing anyone to marry is simply something that's outdated and to progress further as a society people need to just get over it. I remember watching some show a year or two ago that brought in "experts" on both sides and they were to argue over it. It started off pretty well, but then I just got sick to my stomach with how disgusting people can get with such ignorant mindsets. I felt like I was watching someone kick a dog back and forth.

Calling it natural is debatable as well but I don't think it should be argued in such a way as it gets into its root causes. They didn't choose to be gay (if you aren't gay you have no voice in it.) It may however be caused by some sort of genetic or personality flaw rooted subconsciously or in your DNA. Is a flaw (please don't shoot me) best considered natural? Even if it's not natural what do you gain if you could somehow prove it's not natural? I think if you read the bible you'll find a lot of it to be a little unnatural. I think it's fairly obvious it's not natural as our bodies aren't made to accommodate to this, but that's like a requirement to the other arguments.

I do understand a little where they're coming from about keeping something sacred between man and woman. If I considered marriage something special to me, then I still would not believe in this standpoint. If I felt I wanted it to myself (which I tend to do about some things) then it's just being selfish. It either implies that by allowing gay people to marry you are somehow tarnishing its image or beliefs. What I don't understand is why you wouldn't want to wish a JOY on someone by extending it outward. What's sickening is that it's called a sacred bond, yet anyone with these 2 organs of amassed tissue are allowed to get married. No matter how awful of a group they are or their motives, they can simply get married.

[TL;DR I'm Rambling]

Those stories about gay people not being able to be with each-other due to legal issues and families who do not accept, it's heartbreaking. The debates on it are never going to get anywhere, because you're fighting a religious viewpoint. If you could come up with an argument that could tromp an unmovable & unstoppable force known as a GOD then I'll pay you money. The way people are raised in super-religious households spawn these close-minded people that are making the world a more difficult place for everyone. If anyone shouldn't be able to marry, it's the people who aren't for social de/re-construction just to get past outdated moral viewpoints. Seriously, get over yourselves and only worry about your own life.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then surely, you understand that there is more to them then just flamboyant people being controversial?

Why are you letting the controversial part of the parade undermine the entire event? I'd go as far to say the flamboyant men on parade floats are a minority at these events, at least from my experience.
    Then it shouldn't be hard to stop that behavior if the behavior puts the gay community in a bad light.

Deleted

Doesn't matter that the flamboyent ones are a minority, those are the ones in your face and those are the ones that get remembered. He who shouts loudest gets heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The problem is you're putting the burden of change on gay people who are doing nothing wrong instead of with people who have a problem with flamboyant gay people.
    Did you read what you even read what you wrote Wells?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Did you read what you even read what you wrote Wells?
    Tell you what man. If you have a problem with something I wrote you go ahead and let me know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then it shouldn't be hard to stop that behavior if the behavior puts the gay community in a bad light.
    Why?

Why should they have to?

Peoples ignorance on the matter is what puts it in a bad light, not the flamboyant gays, sexuality or drag queens. People struggle to understand their sexuality. Pride parades are a way to show pride that they've overcome all that and are completely free and happy with themselves. Why censor themselves and hide away all over again when it goes against the tolerance, understanding and acceptance they want in the first place?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should we care? It is rather hypocritical to silence certain members of the LGBT community from participating in an event because you don't like the image they resonate. We'd be doing the exact thing we are trying to prevent.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 10:57 AM ----------

Doesn't matter that the flamboyent ones are a minority, those are the ones in your face and those are the ones that get remembered. He who shouts loudest gets heard.
    So what? I'm just really not seeing your problem here. If you are not the stereotype, and people persist to think that you are a stereotype, then those people are idiots. THey were idiots to think the entirety of the Gay community was like a few people on parade floats.
    Last edited by Puck; 2013-04-13 at 07:59 PM.

Why should we care? IT is rather hypocritical to silence certain members of the LGBT community from participating in an event because you don't like the image they resonate.
    Except this is seen all the time in real life, and not without good reason. In the UK for example, the BNP is generally not given the time of day on issues such as immigration, and rightly so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Except this is seen all the time in real life, and not without good reason. In the UK for example, the BNP is generally not given the time of day on issues such as immigration, and rightly so.
    Who cares? Flamboyant gay people are not harming anyone, cutting them out because we don't like them is the same exact thing the LGBT movement is fighting against. Not to mention it is a rather cruel thing to do.

"You can't attend an event made specifically to show pride in who you are because you're a stereotype. We now have Lumberjacks on the floats instead, deal with it."

Just Ewww....
    Yet another country falling prey to sin. This is sick - Aside from the religious perspective, theres a reason y man parts were built for LADY parts!
    You weird ones and none believers are guna flame me alot but bleh - have a go - do your worst!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, nope. Too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yattz View Post
    Just Ewww....
    Yet another country falling prey to sin. This is sick - Aside from the religious perspective, theres a reason y man parts were built for LADY parts!
    You weird ones and none believers are guna flame me alot but bleh - have a go - do your worst!!
    You have a magical demon as your avatar, you're really concerned about sin and religion?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Hmm, nope. Too easy.

You have a magical demon as your avatar, you're really concerned about sin and religion?
    Haha, way to stay on topic guy - good job. Least My avatar is just that an avatar, and doesnt make my crap door wider ;p