Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Why does everyone hate LFR?

Everyone seems to hate LFR. Yet everyone does it... If it's that bad don't do it. I think LFR is good for players who...
    1) dont have time to do the content with a guild/PuG
    2) want to experience the content in an easier quicker fashion
    3) need to learn how to raid
    I do LFR and don't have any problems with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) I agree with you on this point
    2) Agree on this one also
    3) I have to disagree strongly with this point. LFR does not teach you how to raid, whatsoever

While I accept it adds positively to individuals, I feel it's contributed negatively overall to the community. You have full raids of individuals who once had to work together somewhat peacefully who can now behave any which way, and there is no ramification for it...the mob mentality if you will. I think automated queuing should have stopped with 5-mans, if that. While it was not always convenient, playing within your own server built up solid relationships and there actually WAS a community to speak of. But that's WoW for you, everything given to please the 5 hour a week raider.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue The Shaman View Post
    Everyone seems to hate LFR. Yet everyone does it... If it's that bad don't do it. I think LFR is good for players who...
    I think a lot of it is just posturing by insecure people who don't want to be seen as bads by others.

Sure, LFR has its share of issues, but to be entirely honest, it's largely exaggerated, with bad experiences (basically down to terrible people) typically few and far between.

Deleted
    I not hate LFR.Its the only place now where can go there and relaxing with mine main using the full potential of mine PvE gear in Patchwerk style combats and at the end to get a some shiny loot who to disenchant
    And yes when i`m in LFR i can listen a Music!!! instead mine RL voice or addons warnings

Only the vocal minority hates LFR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Despite providing an access to the raid content for busy people (like me), it's not enjoyable.
    I have stopped playing because I could not follow a raiding schedule. LFR did not feel like raiding for me. It's a boring push-button-receive-bacon feature, surrounded by flocks of jerks. That's why it failed to keep me subbed.

LFR is also good for:

1) Gearing up alts
    2) Gearing up new toons
    3) Practicing rotation/play style in a raid environment

I normally use LFR for the reasons I listed which means my performance is usually underpar. Considering there's a large enough population that does the same, it may explain why LFR has a reputation of "bad" players. I remember getting called out for my poor dps in MSV LFR, but considering it was a fresh 90 toon...what did people expect? =\

LFR is just fine. The fact that so many people are lazy and idiots and causing negativity in general is what I think is making people dislike/hate it. They just hate the players, not the game.

It depends on the people you get. I don't hate LFR, I hate the elitists and loudmouths that ruin it for everyone.
    I hate them just as much in a Scenario or Heroic as well.

I really like LFR to be honest. It was an ingenius idea for casuals to see content and get some nice gear as well.

Deleted
    I like LFR. I'd easily have the time to raid with a regular group, yet I simply can't be bothered to do so on a fixed schedule.
    In Vanilla and BC, I used to raid a lot with server first guilds etc...but it just isn't something I enjoy anymore.
    LFR comes in very handy for that reason - I can get my weekly portion of "raiding" whenever I want.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-04-15 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmage View Post
    While I accept it adds positively to individuals, I feel it's contributed negatively overall to the community. You have full raids of individuals who once had to work together somewhat peacefully who can now behave any which way, and there is no ramification for it...the mob mentality if you will. I think automated queuing should have stopped with 5-mans, if that. While it was not always convenient, playing within your own server built up solid relationships and there actually WAS a community to speak of. But that's WoW for you, everything given to please the 5 hour a week raider.
    I don't see the problem. People in LFR may have that mentality, but it really doesn't spill over into normal raiding guilds that much. People who act like that are usually thrown out pretty quickly, unless the guild is made for people like that. And hell, who takes any of those people seriously? Most of them end up on 24 ignore lists each time they join a raid.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    3) I have to disagree strongly with this point. LFR does not teach you how to raid, whatsoever
    Simply not true. While LFR may not force every participant to become better raiders, it can and does allow people to improve their raiding skills.

Just about every LFR has a bunch of people who just stand around ignoring mechanics and mindlessly doing whatever it is they do, and they get away with it because LFR isn't that punishing, at least provided some people do the right thing. However the mechanics are still there, and people (like me) who try to do the fight correctly will definitely benefit when it comes to "real" raiding.

Basically, as a raider, you get out what you put in.

I cannot think of a single encounter where everyone does better just by ignoring all the mechanics altogether. This is further evidenced in fights where messing up wipes the raid. Right now Durumu absolutely springs to mind. Go in there the first time and watch 75% of the raid die to the beam/fog. But after a few fights, people actually learn until you get a kill with only 2-3 dead. And no, that is not just the buff. People talk, people practise, people improve. It's the same principle as regular progression, just not as hectic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Only the vocal minority hates LFR.
    This.

I don't hate. In fact I think it's one of the best feature introduced in WoW. It's no my main gameplay, however I do it once in a while for some additional drops at the begining of a new content or on alts.

Deleted
    0) I don't hate LFR, actually I like it ^^
    1) I also run normal raids, preferably 25m, but 10m at the moment
    2) kind of true
    3) definitely not. if you learn one thing from lfr then that most mechanics that wipe your raid in normal mode do horribly low damage on lfr, so in most fights paying attention and learning mechanics is not required to kill the boss..

i hate it because sometimes i get in there with half the raid barely managing 30k dps each.

1. Takes a long time to get in if you're DPS and it's not a Tuesday. ~1 hour
    2. Takes a long time to finish. Usually ~1hr min for three bosses and that's if you're lucky. New LFRs may wipe 5-6 times on bosses like Durumu and then fall apart.
    3. It's generally mindless and boring because the fights can pretty much be completed with 10 ppl doing their job, which means the fights themselves can take a while.
    4. Due to #3, no sense of achievement.
    5. Due to #4, and inconsistency of group, people expect some other reward, i.e. loot, but there is no sense of reward due to RNG loot

People say they do LFR because they dont have time for regular raids but honestly if you're doing 2-3 LFRs a week, which I estimate to take about 6 hours a week minimum, you can easily find a guild that raids two nights a week for 3 hours each.

Actually it shows you some basics stuff like how 25 mans are laid out / feel which can be a new thing for some people, as pugs are only ever 10 man really on servers.

I recently rejoined the game, and actually liked that LFR is 25 man, as I was intending to join a 25 man guild for the first time since wotlk, and it gave me some rudimentary practice on 25 man raid healing.

It does give you a preview of some of the most important / basic mechanics for the normal modes. Even if your group cheeses the mechanics to a point you can still see them first hand, and get a little practice dealing with them, and imagine how they would be handled in a proper raid setting.

If you choose to take nothing from them, then thats up to you, but the same could be said of people getting carried through content in 25's for YEARS in guilds to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    I have to disagree with that too...

I'd never ever raided before 4.3 had LFR, I had been scared to start my own group since I'd never done it, and pugs all wanted an achieve...and guilds wanted prior raid experience, I had none of those.

However LFR came along, and I really enjoyed it, I lost loot a lot, but I was in there for the experience, not the loot so I wasn't too disappointed, anyways, skipping ahead, I finally got asked to join a guild through an LFR run, I've since left them (everyone quit since mists...) and am now in a guild that is capable of clearing heroic raids.

TL;DR. Never raided before LFR, now due to LFR I'm in a heroic raiding guild.

Deleted
    LFR doesn't teach you how to raid. Why not? Because a PvE environment where you don't die if you AFK during a boss fight isn't teaching anyone anything.