Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The only one I would consider making uninterruptable would be Drain Soul; giving that to MG would be too much and perhaps the changes to pvp power and healing in the new patch will make Drain Life not-useless. One of the main problems for Aff pvp is shard generation, and doing that would address that, giving the Aff the option of sacrificing a few seconds to get a shard in a pinch.

Does destro stack haste for pvp? or just crit/master on gear?

I assume not because of backdraft but not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    I assume not because of backdraft but not sure.
    Next time please look for a thread to post your question in, before making a new thread.

Or in this case, even better, read the sticky guides! If you'd read the OP of the thread I moved your question to you'd have found the proper stat priority for Destro there:

PvP Resilience > Spell Hit (6%) > PvP Power > Intellect > Mastery > Crit > Haste
    This will change in 5.3 with the resilience changes, I guess, so check back at that time to see the new updated stat priorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think stat priorities will change, but we'll have to wait till someone does the math for it.

Deleted
    Nice guide tho. Personally i dont like affli cause it is so boring and right now it is same as shadow priest.

You'd probably still wanna stack resilience where you can like in enchants and gems of course. Nice guide bout to roll me a destro lock tonight

I'm not so sure. Just looking at the PTR. Resil stacking only nets you maybe 5% extra damage reduction from 65% when I last checked. So, Power may become more favorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalkiden View Post
    I'm not so sure. Just looking at the PTR. Resil stacking only nets you maybe 5% extra damage reduction from 65% when I last checked. So, Power may become more favorable.
    You mean ending up with 70% when fully gemmed and enchanted? If that is the case, PvP Resilience is superior to PvP Power.

Deleted
    65% flat pvp resilience is almost what i have now ( i got 68).
    On the PTR if u gemm and enchant for full resy u can't reach 70%.
    In my opinion now (5.3) the choice for gemming is really situational, if u want to play defensively, u need to gem for RESILIENCE.
    If u want to play more offensively ( and now u can because u aren't naked with 65% resi) u have more choice:
    intellect is superior if we talk about damage, is better also than pvp power.
    If u need a burst to your self heal i guess Pvp power is superior to mastery (for battle fatigue).
    In 5.3 resi ins't the best stat anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dunedains View Post
    65% flat pvp resilience is almost what i have now ( i got 68).
    On the PTR if u gemm and enchant for full resy u can't reach 70%.
    In my opinion now (5.3) the choice for gemming is really situational, if u want to play defensively, u need to gem for RESILIENCE.
    If u want to play more offensively ( and now u can because u aren't naked with 65% resi) u have more choice:
    intellect is superior if we talk about damage, is better also than pvp power.
    If u need a burst to your self heal i guess Pvp power is superior to mastery (for battle fatigue).
    In 5.3 resi ins't the best stat anymore
    Without some actual math we really can't be sure of that. What I do know however is that those last points of resilience have a massive stat weight.
    You need ~285,7% PvP Power to completely negate the 65% base resilience. If you get 1 extra % of resilience, going to 66%, you need 294.1% PvP power for that. A difference of 8.4% PvP power.

Now that means nothing, so say you currently have 50% PvP power and your target has 65% base Resilience. This means you'll only be dealing 52.5% damage.
    If you want to do an equal amount of damage on that target with 66% Resilience, you need ( 52.5% / 34% - 100% = ) 54.4% PvP power, a 4.4% extra PvP power.

I'm not sure how much Resilience it takes for 1%, but say the stats needed for 1% Resilience equals to the stats needed for 3% of PvP Power, which I think is far to much, but whatever.

If you with 53% PvP Power and 65% Resilience attack a target with 66% Resilience and 50% PvP power, you'll only deal 52.02% damage
    If your target with 66% Resilience and 50% PvP power attacks you with 53% PvP Power and 65% Resilience, he'll deal 52.5% damage

What you see here, is that someone with Resilience gemmed is dealing more damage than someone who gemmed PvP Power. Unless the gain in PvP Power can offset the gain in Resilience, Resilience will remain the better stat, and since you require more and more PvP Power for each point of Resilience, I'm fairly sure that it will stay the best stat.

What is the catch?

The following discussion is about PVP.

The reason I am posting is that I try to understand the reasoning behind a talent selection.
    I see some warlocks using Dark Bargain over Sacrificial Pact.

Isn't sacrificial pact so much better? One minute cd, insane absorb which doesn't have any drawbacks.
    While Dark Bargain is like inviting me to do even more damage on that lock.

What am I missing here? :S

Dark Bargain can be very useful if you need those few extra seconds to kill something off. And it gives your healer(s) a chance to catch up on healing where you might otherwise have died. You need to have a healer with you who's ready for when you use it.

Math aside...I wish that I didn't only get roughly 3% extra damage reduction for stacking resil vs. getting 11% extra Power, some extra int, and even some mastery. I understand the math...still in the end the numbers don't sit right in my head when I look at them.

Affliction PvP Fix without Changing PvE?

I'm winging a general idea here - please let me know what you think! If this idea has been pitched already, I'm sorry. I haven't been reading the forums as much lately because of my limited personal time.

I think we can all agree that Affliction in PvP simply does not bring the pressure that it needs to, GC among others have thought the same. Maybe we can add a Glyph? Glyph of Empowered Afflictions?

The glyph would increase the damage over time effects of unstable affliction, agony and corruption by <XX%>. Now, what could we do with Malefic Grasp? We would need to ensure that PvE damage would be reduced or equal because this has been the problem. Could we make Malefic Grasp, while this Glyph is active, become Shadow Bolt? Could we simply reduce the damage dealt by Malefic Grasph while the Glyph is active? Could we disable it entirely and fill with Drain Life? Increase the DoT damage only while Malefic Grasp is not being channeled on any targets? Reduce the damage of the DoTs based on how many are active? Whatever the choice, we would want it to be NOT desirable to PvE Warlocks.

I believe that if we toyed around with an idea such as this we could bring back the pressure that Affliction used to be amazing at (if well played) while not impacting PvE at all. What we need is the ability to make DOTs stronger without making Malefic Grasp too strong in PvE or PvP.
    Last edited by Femto1; 2013-04-15 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Spelling

Maybe if they reduce the stacks of Agony to 5 and double the dmg it will be a nice increase in burst for PVP and PVE.

why not just put a modifier on haunt that makes haunt hit harder and increases dot damage by 50-60% on player targets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Femto1 View Post
    -snip-
    The deal is, that if you make a glyph that increases DoT damage at the cost of a weaker filler, it will become mandatory for every multi-target fight in PvE as it will result in a fairly big dps increase. Blizzard already nerfed Corruption and Doom because it was too strong in multi-target fights, so I doubt they'll ever put in a glyph that increases DoT damage.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Maybe if they reduce the stacks of Agony to 5 and double the dmg it will be a nice increase in burst for PVP and PVE.
    Agony really ain't the problem. While reducing the stacks to 5 and doubling the increase per stack, we'd notice a minor increase in dps, but that's it. It's not even remotely enough to bring affliction's damage where it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Heckahealz View Post
    why not just put a modifier on haunt that makes haunt hit harder and increases dot damage by 50-60% on player targets
    I don't think that's a good idea, putting too much damage in 1 spell is never good, especially not when it is easily stopped with a single dispel. However, if it doesn't get dispelled and you can free cast, you'll be dealing as much damage as a shadow priest on steroids, which ain't good either.

Increase the scaling of DoT's with PvP Power? Should be a significant PvP change with little to no impact in PvE

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Well, it would seem that on top of the current buffs to Aff more should be coming our way, via DoT damage.

Source: https://twitter.com/holinka/status/323903906470043648

Holinka being the new PvP dev for those who are unfamiliar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope he realizes he also has to reduce the damage coming from MG then, otherwise our single target damage when free casting will be way to high.