Page 11 of 273 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Did they say how far into the marathon the bombs went off? Just wondering if it went off around when the earliest finishers would be crossing.
    Mentioned a bit back, but they went off right around the 4 hour mark, which is appearently when the majority of contestants would be crossing, not the first finish pros.

Seeing these scenes is horrible. I don't often cringe when seeing brutal scenes, but when it's innocent people having fun just trying to live their life... I just can't believe someone would do this. I really hope there won't be any more deaths.

10+ Year Old Account
    @AP BREAKING: Intelligence official: 2 more explosive devices found at Boston Marathon; being dismantled

Safe to say now it was no accident.

We had a gas explosion in Kansas City back in February I think it was. Contractor hit a natural gas line and it leveled a building. Looks like an accident from the pics and such.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    He's very likely right, though. A conspiracy would be saying it's anything but some homegrown redneck.
    "Only" 2 dead is definetly not any serious attempt from a terrorist cell, smells amateur to say the least which is just as good, easier to catch them pricks.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    There have been unconfirmed reports of ball bearings at the scene, implying intentional shrapnel loads.
    The only thing you should listen to is exactly what is coming from the police. Police say 2 dead 22 injured. Then you have a wide range of news people reporting 3-12 dead and 30+ injured.

As for this don't be so sure that this was an actual bomb. If any of you have ever seen videos or pictures of market bombings in the middle east, you know the ones that claim 40-50 people and 100's injuries. The two look totally different. This was an incendiary type of explosion which could mean a possible gas leak, I'm not saying it is or it isn't, I'm just saying don't jump to conclusions.

Injuries are mostly going to be from the fire cloud. If you look at the "graphic" pictures you can see for how crowded that area is there is actually very little blood. I'm not going to like really graphic pictures but I suggest that if you want to compare the two look them up online.

Either way this is a terrible event and lets home for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    of course we're going to lose freedoms over this. we lose freedoms EVERY time there's a tragedy.
    I was thinkin'
    How they shot Mr. Lincoln
    And I was thinkin'
    Of the mountains that he made
    And I bowed my head
    What had we done?
    They got my freedom on the run
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Warning: Keep out the conspiracy theories please. We don't need those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Did they say how far into the marathon the bombs went off? Just wondering if it went off around when the earliest finishers would be crossing.
    It was at the time the average to good runners were finishing. Like 4 hours in. The best run 2 - 2:30 something like that.

Deleted
    It's funny how the geographical location, not the severity of the incident, is the best indicator of how sensitive one must be in these threads. I guess we're all biased when it comes to tragedies that happen close to home, just remember not everyone lives where you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhaveros View Post
    Yes it is.
    How the fuck is this 'funny'?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    We had a gas explosion in Kansas City back in February I think it was. Contractor hit a natural gas line and it leveled a building. Looks like an accident from the pics and such.
    So far its reported to have been an explosion at more than one place and police is presumably trying to disarm more devices so it is not likely.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    yeah like 3:30 into it.
    Ugh, that kind of freaks me out. My best time is 3:16:34 and I was registered to run today.

Hope they find the son of a bitch who did this :-/ There is a lot of people whose finishing times come in between 3 and 4 hours. Sounds like a personal attack by someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    As crazy as he sounds, he is probably right, the most likely suspects will be home grown domestic terrorists that are trying to make a statement, this doesnt fit the style of Al-Qaeda or any of the usual suspects.
    Leaving politics aside, similar previous attacks by Al-Qaeda had many more casualties than have been reported in Boston thus far.

Bloomberg.com is reporting two additional devices behind dealt with by Boston PD bomb squads. If those devices are real, and not just (prudent) reaction to suspicious items, then any chance of this being an accident is gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    are you fucking kidding me? WTF is this bullshit?
    LMAO it's understandable for 9/11 considering the evidence(No I'm not saying anything is true or false with that statement) but to assume a conspiracy from this....?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    No way. A gas explosion would've leveled a lot more than this. This was a small bomb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    The only thing you should listen to is exactly what is coming from the police. Police say 2 dead 22 injured. Then you have a wide range of news people reporting 3-12 dead and 30+ injured.

As for this don't be so sure that this was an actual bomb. If any of you have ever seen videos or pictures of market bombings in the middle east, you know the ones that claim 40-50 people and 100's injuries. The two look totally different. This was an incendiary type of explosion which could mean a possible gas leak, I'm not saying it is or it isn't, I'm just saying don't jump to conclusions.

Injuries are mostly going to be from the fire cloud. If you look at the "graphic" pictures you can see for how crowded that area is there is actually very little blood. I'm not going to like really graphic pictures but I suggest that if you want to compare the two look them up online.

Either way this is a terrible event and lets home for the best.
    Boston police have confirmed 6 total bombs so far. (per ABC News)
    2 detonated
    1 exploded by bomb squad
    1 diffused without explosion
    2 currently being examined.
    Not an accident, no chance.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a sad day when a sports event gets interrupted like this and even more when it's involving an obvious attack on civilians. Traumatic doesn't even describe it. My only hope is that they find all remaining devices and foremost the person or persons behind this very quickly.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Well i wouldnt be suprised if this is a Usa secret agency attack so they have some excuse for war with some contry again.
    (tinfoil hat on)
    They wont tell you this of cose....they will tell you it was XXX terorist organization and you need too go attack them for oil....
    Get outta this thread with that useless shit...

~removed~ Don't post pointless images please.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-04-15 at 08:32 PM.

Deleted
    2126:
    Mr Bastajian adds: "We started grabbing tourniquets and started tying legs. A lot of people amputated... At least 25-30 people have at least one leg missing, or an ankle missing, or two legs missing.''

from bbc newsfeed :\