Thread: 2013 MLB Thread

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quentin getting offered 8 games is a joke, that's what Carassco got for intentionally plunking Youkilis the other night, reaction like that which sparks a rumble of that scale should be atleast a fortnight and in an ideal world the same length as the pitcher is out for.

Check the triple play out from the Yankees game last night, good luck with getting that on your scorecard!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Check the triple play out from the Yankees game last night, good luck with getting that on your scorecard!
    I have it as.... 4-6-5-6-5-3-4. I think. That might be someone's phone number. Not sure.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I have it as.... 4-6-5-6-5-3-4. I think. That might be someone's phone number. Not sure.
    Not far off it!

Turns out Michael Kay (YES network) actually did try it, temporarily disconnected number!
    Last edited by koodledrum; 2013-04-13 at 08:31 PM.

Nationals = OVER-RATED

20 win Aprils are so awesome.

Da Braves!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Quentin got 8 games, appealed it, I would expect he drops the appeal at the end of their current series, or they expedite the appeal to be done over the weekend
    as I thought, he dropped the appeal and will miss the Dodgers series, its just the smart move, give it a little more time before facing them again and make an incident less likely

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Nationals = OVER-RATED

20 win Aprils are so awesome.

Da Braves!

I called for the Nats to be chasing the Braves all year long during Spring Training. At the same time, I realize I could be totally wrong. The Braves could finish 79-83. Too many Nat fans think their shit don't stink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nationals? Where's my broomstick?
    Stationed at McGuire, AFB.
    PC Specs: i5-3570K, GTX 690, Gigabyte UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, Corsair AX750, H100i, Phantom 630 case, Asus VH236H

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not 100% sold on the Braves in the East. That being said, I'm also believing the Braves are much closer to the Nats than previously thought. I still believe the Nats have more depth in their lineup and pitching staff. It will be a fantastic race in the NL East and honestly the Braves could pull it out if the continue to beat the Nats like a drum.

NL Central is Reds territory. I don't think the Cards will make it into the playoffs this year with how strong the NL East and West races will be. That and I believe the Reds are a legit contender for the NL crown.

NL West is going to be, you guessed it, the Giants. I believe the Dodgers will put up a fantastic fight but I don't like the back end of their rotation or bullpen over the Giants'. Their lineup is arguably better than the Giants but in the 3 games we saw at the start of the season showed the Giants can out pitch the Dodgers lineup (except Kershaw, haha). As it stands I actually have the Giants lower than the Braves, Nats and Reds though. I love my Giants but they are just squeaking by teams they should be bludgeoning. Then again you never know come October (see 2010 and 2012).

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asics View Post
    NL West is going to be, you guessed it, the Giants. I believe the Dodgers will put up a fantastic fight but I don't like the back end of their rotation or bullpen over the Giants'. Their lineup is arguably better than the Giants but in the 3 games we saw at the start of the season showed the Giants can out pitch the Dodgers lineup (except Kershaw, haha). As it stands I actually have the Giants lower than the Braves, Nats and Reds though. I love my Giants but they are just squeaking by teams they should be bludgeoning. Then again you never know come October (see 2010 and 2012).
    The Giants WS wins can be attributed to a bit of luck and team chemistry...all World Series winners have luck on their side. You can only buy your way so far in major league baseball before hitting steep diminishing returns. A $267M payroll doesn't guarantee anything other than a bunch of guys in the same locker room with a sense of entitlement. Man, what happens when they extend Kershaw something this year, the Dodger payroll in 2014 could be ~$300M...heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Nationals = OVER-RATED
    I'll be excited to quote this when it's June and the Nats have the best record in baseball. Then again in July, August, and September.

Seriously, Braves fans are a bit too excited about some fluke performances from mediocrities like Maholm and Minor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'll be excited to quote this when it's June and the Nats have the best record in baseball. Then again in July, August, and September.

Seriously, Braves fans are a bit too excited about some fluke performances from mediocrities like Maholm and Minor.
    that and its mid April, there's only 150 games left...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    The Giants WS wins can be attributed to a bit of luck and team chemistry...all World Series winners have luck on their side. You can only buy your way so far in major league baseball before hitting steep diminishing returns. A $267M payroll doesn't guarantee anything other than a bunch of guys in the same locker room with a sense of entitlement. Man, what happens when they extend Kershaw something this year, the Dodger payroll in 2014 could be ~$300M...heh.
    Yeah look at 2011. 1 strike away from winning it all TWICE! Yeah it still stings a little, a lot more than 2010 where we just got demolished.

10+ Year Old Account

lol..thread bookmarked. I'll be here in September..sigh, hope the Braves don't fumble at the end......again.

Congrats to Felix for his 100th win yesterday.

One can only wonder how much sooner he would've reached it on a better team.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Congrats to Felix for his 100th win yesterday.

One can only wonder how much sooner he would've reached it on a better team.
    I saw Roy Halladay got his 200th a while back. Congrats to him, too.

Anyone else see the ball Carlos Santana CRUSHED in Houston - that's gotta be the hardest hit ball I've ever seen! I was a bit shocked when I saw it was Felix's 100th win given the fact he's still pretty young, if he'd been on a "proper" team yikes that's a scary scary thought!

10+ Year Old Account
    getting sick of crappy Brandon League, I hate when you've got a crappy closer giving up runs while the good closer pitches the 8th for some reason

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Maholm has been considerably better than mediocre for 2 years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marlins owner, Jeffrey Loria, is apparently now dictating when starters will pitch.

This guy truly is trying to give Robert Irsay a run for his money.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Marlins owner, Jeffrey Loria, is apparently now dictating when starters will pitch.

This guy truly is trying to give Robert Irsay a run for his money.
    That was against my team. Apparently he made the decision 3 hours before first pitch. Bert Blyleven, hall of fame pitcher and the color guy on our TV broadcast basically said he would have been pissed. Pitchers have to get prepared mentally, and messing with that is a no-no. Also, isn't the veteran supposed to pitch the first game of a double header? For two reasons, so the younger guy can see how the batters were approached, and so that you have a better chance of not blowing your 'pen the first game.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2013-04-26 at 05:09 PM.