Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 83 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    yeah there is no refresh or reenslave, you have to dismiss the pitlord first. make sure you are far away from him first!!!!

Deleted
    Well I tried it with dissmiss. Worked.

Then Doomguard and Kanrethad came after me even though I popped Soulshatter.

I should re-enslave him sooner I guess.

I am getting closer to beating this thing each day!

Got this guy last night at 496 ilvl. 3 hours at this gear level. Around 4 hours of attempts at a 481 gear level until I decided I needed a bit more of a gear buffer for me to pull it off.

Truly challenging and rewarding, but I feel it is like any boss fight, pretty easy to repeat once you get the hang of everything going on. Had 5-6 attempts towards the end that were super close and finally killed him at the same exact time as he landed a Chaos Bolt that killed me with like 25k overkill. I did not get credit for completing the quest or the scenario but I was able to siphon him and get the green fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Well I tried it with dissmiss. Worked.

Then Doomguard and Kanrethad came after me even though I popped Soulshatter.

I should re-enslave him sooner I guess.

I am getting closer to beating this thing each day!
    I'd run through my gateway as soon as possible after re-enslaving him, and get him to use his fire breath on both the boss and the doom lord(s). That was plenty to get them back on him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oerba Yun Fang View Post
    I'd run through my gateway as soon as possible after re-enslaving him, and get him to use his fire breath on both the boss and the doom lord(s). That was plenty to get them back on him.
    Good idea, I thought using Soulshatter was good enough. (was re-enslaving right before felhound stage, not a good idea)

Banana,

The annoying imp is one of the 3 possible outcomes when you fail to dispel Seed of Terrible Corruption. Careful use of Fel Flame Breath *every* time the boss dots you up will prevent him from bothering you. If the breath is not an option at that moment use Singe Magic from saccing your own imp.

The other two effects it can have if it pops is that black hole that sucks you in & damages you, or it can also give you a 25% damage buff for a short duration. Not worth risking it to get that though, 2/3 of the time you get one of the negatives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denaa View Post
    Banana,

The annoying imp is one of the 3 possible outcomes when you fail to dispel Seed of Terrible Corruption. Careful use of Fel Flame Breath *every* time the boss dots you up will prevent him from bothering you. If the breath is not an option at that moment use Singe Magic from saccing your own imp.

The other two effects it can have if it pops is that black hole that sucks you in & damages you, or it can also give you a 25% damage buff for a short duration. Not worth risking it to get that though, 2/3 of the time you get one of the negatives.
    Indeed, I read about it just now.

Did you make an account just to say that? Thank you.

After a couple days I finally beat it. The felhound stage was really giving me problems. However, not sure if it was linked but I followed this video guide pretty much and passed it with ease.

Guy in the video doesn't have the best gear either.

I liked how he positioned his Pit Lord and helped me on Stun timers to trivialize imps (even more) and even the felhounds.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    Just got this guy down! Sooo happy
    483 ilevel PvP gear with a couple of LFR pieces from last tier reforged to get hit cap.

My best attempt was 40% for ages, then I found out after that felhunter phase you only had imps till the end so I just gave it a shot and wahey!
    Also positioning my Pit Lord behind a pillar to avoid enslave helped a lot, while saving my dps CDs for the Felhunters. I also used a Purification potion and when I got under 20% I kept spamming every Shadowburn on him I could, mashing survivability CDs and hoping for the best - imps really helped with giving me 4 embers

Im so happy thanks for the guide and people who've given tips!

Been on this for 3 weeks now and I still can't do it. After 100s of attempts, I find each attempt less successful because It makes me depressed. I've read tons of of guides, watched lots of videos, know all the mechanics.....but still die to either debuffs I can't shift due to cooldowns, chaos bolts or fel rain. I just can't manage the tons of crap you have to multi-task , and even when I do, I forget something simple like re-enslaving or resetting threat, or clearing debuffs. You get the picture.

I just wish I could get someone to do it for me, I don't care about the self satisfaction of killing it myself anymore. And yes I'll have some cheese with my w(h)ine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowmist View Post
    Been on this for 3 weeks now and I still can't do it. After 100s of attempts, I find each attempt less successful because It makes me depressed. I've read tons of of guides, watched lots of videos, know all the mechanics.....but still die to either debuffs I can't shift due to cooldowns, chaos bolts or fel rain. I just can't manage the tons of crap you have to multi-task , and even when I do, I forget something simple like re-enslaving or resetting threat, or clearing debuffs. You get the picture.

I just wish I could get someone to do it for me, I don't care about the self satisfaction of killing it myself anymore. And yes I'll have some cheese with my w(h)ine.
    What's your gear like? If you're below ilevel 480, you should just run LFR for a while until you get better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    What's your gear like? If you're below ilevel 480, you should just run LFR for a while until you get better gear.
    509/510 - It doesn't feel like a gear issue to me.
    Last edited by Snowmist; 2013-04-17 at 02:54 AM.

Deleted
    Come on with that gear you can do it, it's all about the tactics and mechanics.

I am trying with a 471/471 ilevel and I get pretty far.

It's definitely not a gear issue. The fight's gear requirement is actually pretty low, the mechanics are what will kill you. It's a very strict personal awareness check, and it's unforgiving when it comes to mistakes.

I DID IT I DID IT!

Watched more videos, did some LFR (no loot), and went in with a clear head.

Had 3 or 4 warm up attempts before I busted out the flask/food/pre-pot. Then I wrecked it on the 5th try.

FEELSGOODMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce View Post
    I DID IT I DID IT!

Watched more videos, did some LFR (no loot), and went in with a clear head.

Had 3 or 4 warm up attempts before I busted out the flask/food/pre-pot. Then I wrecked it on the 5th try.

FEELSGOODMAN
    Congrats! :P

Best advice I can give you is to take a break from it for a while. Spend some time doing anything else. Then take your future attempts slowly -- three or four in a day. And take the time after each one to think about exactly what went wrong and what exactly you can do to fix it. Take the fight second by second if you have to. It's highly scripted and while, yes, it's extremely unforgiving, eventually it's like a dance routine. Improve on each individual step and you will get it eventually.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Get Glyph of Enslave Demon to speed it up, and reenslave when he is summoning the doomguard,.

Deleted

Take a break, watch only one video, adopt one strategy only and practise that assiduously, work on chunks of the fight, set yourself small achievable targets that you can definitely succeed with, this will help with the depression, if you keep making the same mistake again and again stop and come back later you are just rehearsing error.

That is the advice I have given myself after being where you are, bit by bit I am moving forward, still havent killed but it has started to be fun trying.

Ye it's not the mechanics of the fight per say, I have those down. It's prob mostly willpower, I find it hard to deal with the small stuff while focusing on mechanics...and I've killed some of the toughest heroic raid bosses too, but at least that is part of a team.