Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    Launch a massive military campaign!!! Varian do it! However, onestly forsaken are the only race, even if horde, I don't like and are doing some nasty things lately. Perhaps they'll change their leadership, otherwise probably the Alliance will attack them (maybe after left voluntary Orgrimmar after the siege, gaining the neutrality of the rest of the Horde) and the Argent Crusade joining the assault.
    It's probably not smart considering the enemy can deploy a chemical weapon to kill your soldiers en masse and then add them to their ranks...

The alliance really needs to start cremating all of their dead.

Because they became incredible spiteful people, who have been twisted by necromancy. They will take what they consider their property, no matter the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    It's probably not smart considering the enemy can deploy a chemical weapon to kill your soldiers en masse and then add them to their ranks...
    Also against gunships? Also against every other alliance race except for the humans (who are the ones the val'kir can rise)? The real problem is that an invasion of Lordaeron in full scale should change too much the game. Forsaken are powerful, but not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The Forsaken did try to join the Alliance.
    Where is this stated?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    If Death Knights are anything to go by it's not the Undeath itself they have problems with it's all down to their loyalty, past actions and potential to continue to commit morally bankrupt actions.
    It is in fact not a requirement to be Undead to become a Death Knight, like it is not required to become one if you are a Necromancer, or needing to become a Demon to be a Warlock. Death Knights do not quite share the same mentality as the Undead, especially since they have the mental power to raise their own.

Still, those factors you mention do play a role, as well.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-04-16 at 07:55 PM.

Where is this stated?
    It wasn't. Sylvanas clearly stated at the end of the Frozen throne that humans are her enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is this stated?
    Never, at least if we are talking about the Forsaken under Sylvanas' rule, since I don't recall her ever trying to become a part of the Alliance since she became a Banshee.

Where is this stated?
    Nowhere, the forsaken don't get along with humanity from the get go.

In their darkest hour, the renegade undead were rallied together by the former ranger-general of Quel’Thalas, Sylvanas Windrunner. Defeated during an attack on her kingdom and transformed into a powerful Scourge banshee, Sylvanas had also regained her freedom from the Lich King. Under their new queen’s guidance, the independent undead – known as Forsaken – established the Undercity beneath the ruins of Lordaeron’s capital. While some Forsaken feared Sylvanas, others valued the security she provided. Many of the free-willed undead, however, found a purpose to their cursed existence through the banshee queen’s burning desire to destroy the Lich King.

Despite not being affiliated with the Scourge, the Forsaken came under threat from humans who were dedicated to eradicating all Forsaken. As a means to further her own goals and protect her budding nation, Sylvanas sent emissaries to various factions in search of allies.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/race/undead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    It wasn't. Sylvanas clearly stated at the end of the Frozen throne that humans are her enemies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Never, at least if we are talking about the Forsaken under Sylvanas' rule, since I don't recall her ever trying to become a part of the Alliance since she became a Banshee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It was more of a rhetorical question . I know such a thing never happened .

Deleted
    Bah, why do people want all the races to be the same hipocritical good guys? It's a freaking game, what does it matter if one race is ''evil'' or whatever...to me that's what makes the forsaken so cool, the fact that they are so different from the other races, that they are unique in their etics and way of living, that they don't give a fuck about anyone else...by the way imagine getting killed and then raised from the dead as a mindless scourge agent to kill your loved ones and then break free only to realize that everyone thinks you're a monster and wants to kill you because you are a walking corpse! I'm sure you would still be the same happy guy and would be totally fine with your new life.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Because the Alliance wouldn't accept them post-death, and generally hates them in return. You're talking as if the Alliance likes the Forsaken.
    Exactly. The Alliance weren't like "Oh, my loved ones who died are now back. GROUP HUG!" Most of the Forsaken were treated as Scourge by the Alliance, and the rest were still generally treated as monsters.

Imagine an entire race of people putting up with the treatment the Death Knights get when they're running through Stormwind. Unlike the Death Knights though, they have people (each other) willing to accept them, and no recommendation to the King.

Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Exactly. The Alliance weren't like "Oh, my loved ones who died are now back. GROUP HUG!" Most of the Forsaken were treated as Scourge by the Alliance, and the rest were still generally treated as monsters.

Imagine an entire race of people putting up with the treatment the Death Knights get when they're running through Stormwind. Unlike the Death Knights though, they have people (each other) willing to accept them, and no recommendation to the King.
    Except there's really no example of that ever happening. Definitively, Sylvanas attacked the Alliance first. Betrayed them, actually, because the Alliance had made a truce with the Forsaken.

If the Alliance treated the Forsaken as monsters it's only because the Forsaken acted like monsters toward the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    Bah, why do people want all the races to be the same hipocritical good guys? It's a freaking game, what does it matter if one race is ''evil'' or whatever...to me that's what makes the forsaken so cool, the fact that they are so different from the other races, that they are unique in their etics and way of living, that they don't give a fuck about anyone else...by the way imagine getting killed and then raised from the dead as a mindless scourge agent to kill your loved ones and then break free only to realize that everyone thinks you're a monster and wants to kill you because you are a walking corpse! I'm sure you would still be the same happy guy and would be totally fine with your new life.
    No one wants forsaken to be the same as others. I just ask them to make sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    No one wants forsaken to be the same as others. I just ask them to make sense.
    It makes sense, I don't know what being raised as a walking corpse does to someone but I'm sure it has a huge impact on their personalities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    Except there's really no example of that ever happening. Definitively, Sylvanas attacked the Alliance first. Betrayed them, actually, because the Alliance had made a truce with the Forsaken.

If the Alliance treated the Forsaken as monsters it's only because the Forsaken acted like monsters toward the Alliance.
    I think people just can't bear the the thought of them not being the victims.

All I seem to see here is racism at its finest. Hate based on misguided hatred brought on by ignorance, pride, and ambition. I see no further reason to debate on this topic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Nature is overated.
    Transhumanism rules.

All in all, it's just like the "peaceful" orc background. It's stated on their page and character selection screen that humans have become their enemies because of their hatred towards all undead. As well as it's said that the orcs were peaceful once, but we've never seen that in-game. You just have to choose what you believe in to justify your attitude. I stick with the intended version.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    I don't understand this hatred , aggression coming from the forsaken. Were not they humans a few years ago? Why are they trying to kill everything if they are the same people before their deaths? Why are they so ok and willing to fight for the horde? You kill innocent peasans who lived through scourge horror. Hilsbrad quests send you killing humans just for fun. These people were probably relatives of forsaken. I can't symphatize with forsaken story or understand these motives.
    They are called the forsaken because the humans abandoned them in their time of need and at the same time told them that the land they were on {Lordaeron} was not theirs (they were humans that lived in Lordaeron before the plague turned them into undead). They showed no hate or hostility towards the humans until the humans told them that they were no longer part of them and attempted to kick them out of their home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

In their darkest hour, the renegade undead were rallied together by the former ranger-general of Quel’Thalas, Sylvanas Windrunner. Defeated during an attack on her kingdom and transformed into a powerful Scourge banshee, Sylvanas had also regained her freedom from the Lich King. Under their new queen’s guidance, the independent undead – known as Forsaken – established the Undercity beneath the ruins of Lordaeron’s capital. While some Forsaken feared Sylvanas, others valued the security she provided. Many of the free-willed undead, however, found a purpose to their cursed existence through the banshee queen’s burning desire to destroy the Lich King.

Despite not being affiliated with the Scourge, the Forsaken came under threat from humans who were dedicated to eradicating all Forsaken. As a means to further her own goals and protect her budding nation, Sylvanas sent emissaries to various factions in search of allies.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/race/undead
    So she only sent emissaries to Horde factions? Then why not just appeal directly with the leadership of the Horde? Nothing in there says she didn't send emissaries to dwarves, gnomes, elves, or other human kingdoms. She's not above working with humans if it suits her goals, she teamed up with Garithos.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-04-16 at 11:32 PM.