Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Nintendo Direct 04.17.2013 - zelda, yoshi island and more!

so much great stuff announced

• Virtual console next week (wii u)
    • Earthbound coming this year
    • 3ds Yoshi's Island
    • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D - may 24
    • 3ds mario party - this winter
    • mario and luigi dream team - july EU / august NA
    • pikmin 3 - new flying pikmin (winged pikmin lol) and released in a few months
    • lots of 3ds eshop titles
    • link to the past sequel!?!
    • new zelda needs two slots
    • Shin Megami Tensei 4 - July 16 NA
    • bravely default flying fairy - 2014 NA

some great news.. i guess wii u is going to be the focus at E3

(3ds trailer makes it look great.. link flying towards you.. i dont think ill get tired of that anytime soon)

might not be a sequel to the link to the past but its in its world.. or something like that

yoshi island 3ds
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-04-17 at 04:30 PM.

Nintendo is again going to design an entire game around a gimmick.
    I got sick of Skyward Sword during the first dungeon, because I hated all the endless motion control crap. I was happy to see a new LttP style Zelda game in the works, but then it seems it was designed around 3D and perspective changing. Gimmick. Is it too much to ask for a new Zelda game that doesn't rely on silly controls?
    I am glad we're getting Shin Megami Tensei 4 soon though, and that Bravely Default is coming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezeria View Post
    I got sick of Skyward Sword during the first dungeon, because I hated all the endless motion control crap. I was happy to see a new LttP style Zelda game in the works, but then it seems it was designed around 3D and perspective changing. Gimmick. Is it too much to ask for a new Zelda game that doesn't rely on silly controls?.
    you say gimmick i say innovative.. link to the past meets paper mario.. yes please!

so will the Wii U VC be the same as the Wii VC? Want to get a Wii/U for snes/n64 games primarily

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    so will the Wii U VC be the same as the Wii VC? Want to get a Wii/U for snes/n64 games primarily
    no the wii u virtual console offers off screen play and other features for some games.. if u previously bought it for the wii u can upgrade and buy the wii u version for like $1 or something like that.

That new Zelda looks really fun.
    I got sick of Skyward Sword during the first dungeon, because I hated all the endless motion control crap. I was happy to see a new LttP style Zelda game in the works, but then it seems it was designed around 3D and perspective changing. Gimmick. Is it too much to ask for a new Zelda game that doesn't rely on silly controls?
    I am glad we're getting Shin Megami Tensei 4 soon though, and that Bravely Default is coming.

Doesn't seem like the controls are 'silly' they just added more puzzles using the fact that it's top down style.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    no the wii u virtual console offers off screen play and other features for some games.. if u previously bought it for the wii u can upgrade and buy the wii u version for like $1 or something like that.
    I just meant that the same games will be available.

I got excited when I heard about the LTTP style game, but it looks really weird. :/ I don't really like it judging by what I saw.
    Donkey Kong Country and Yoshi's Island = instant buys though.

Welcome to Nintendo...

I don't think they've released games for the sake of quality games since N64.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I got excited when I heard about the LTTP style game, but it looks really weird. :/ I don't really like it judging by what I saw.
    Donkey Kong Country and Yoshi's Island = instant buys though.
    the 3ds trailer is out in the eshop.. it makes a big difference

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Welcome to Nintendo...

I don't think they've released games for the sake of quality games since N64.
    what does that even mean lol

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I just meant that the same games will be available.
    i think most of the upcoming VC games will be wii u only.. thats what i got from the earthbound announcement anyway.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-04-17 at 03:36 PM.

New Yoshi's Island? It would be about damn time

10+ Year Old Account

NO
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I gotta start saving for a WiiU, there is no way in hell am I missing Pikmin 3.

Also new mario party!

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding the new Zelda, I get that 3D is the new gimmick here, but Nintendo seems to have forgotten that 3D is ass and many people play with it turned off all the time. All I can do is hope that the 3D isn't required for puzzle solving otherwise the game will be totally unplayable for many people.

What's that I hear about a new Yoshi's Island? Don't really have time to watch the video, is it just that yarn game that was mentioned previously?

Also, glad to hear that Earthbound isn't ignored anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Regarding the new Zelda, I get that 3D is the new gimmick here, but Nintendo seems to have forgotten that 3D is ass and many people play with it turned off all the time. All I can do is hope that the 3D isn't required for puzzle solving otherwise the game will be totally unplayable for many people.
    many people.. ah yes that reliable statistic. I have it turned off when im traveling or feel tired.. but you can clearly see in the trailer than the 2d view doesnt effect the puzzles. calling 3d a gimmick when it adds to the depth and immersion of the game is just laughable imo.. but hey to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    What's that I hear about a new Yoshi's Island? Don't really have time to watch the video, is it just that yarn game that was mentioned previously?

Also, glad to hear that Earthbound isn't ignored anymore.
    nah baby mario and all

Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-04-17 at 04:52 PM.

Liked the look of the zelda game

(And personally I play with 3d on all the time so )

10+ Year Old Account
    Just turned on my 3DS and holy crap so many new trailers. Gotta download the Zelda one but the Donkey Kong Country Returns and Lego City games look brilliant.

Not sold on Mario/DK minis though. Looks like a rather fiddly version of Little Big Planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Straamibuu View Post
    (And personally I play with 3d on all the time so )
    Same, with the exception of Theatrhythm because it throws me off massively.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Not sold on Mario/DK minis though. Looks like a rather fiddly version of Little Big Planet.
    yeah it doesnt look great but the feature to make your own puzzles and share them is pretty interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question, don't really have time to watch it atm, is it a new Earthbound, or just SNES Earthbound brought to Virtual Console?