Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    PALADIN

* Face Slam, Aggressive Block: No longer requires a shield to use.
    * Shield Throw: Renamed to 'Kick'. No longer requires a shield to use. KNOWN ISSUE: Currently can still be used at range and with the shield-throwing VFX.
    * Shield Charge: Renamed to 'Righteous Charge'. No longer requires a shield to use.
    Terrible. There should just be 1 tank soul for Warriors. They are so close to being functionally the same at this point it hardly matters being a VK over Pally w/ a minor mechanic.

Class design in SL is just awful for Warriors.

Ace Shot: Debuff now lasts 15 seconds, down from 60. Now also debuffs the target, increasing damage taken from the player by 6%.
    Hmm, will this bring 61-Ranger or Rng/MM back up to where 61-MM is in terms of DPS now? Actually, it would need to surpass it, since Deaden and Eradicate are still insanely useful on some fights.

I love the RB changes. That will make pvp more fun. I have had no issue with pally tanking in SL. Complaints seem overblown to me, but I am not big on pve this expansion so far.

The Pally changes were simply to remove the Shield requirement, not a big deal.

I think Void Knight feels very different to play than Paladin, but Reaver and Paladin are now quite similar. Shadow of Dread is cool but I feel it would be better if it only applied 2 or 3 of the DoTs, not all of them. Reaver went from having no spare GCDs to having too many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the last "unkillable" boss in it's present incarnation is open for a kill after this hotfix

RIFT 2.2 Hotfix #9 - 8:00am PST 4/17/13 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 18/4/13 [EU]

GENERAL

* Corrected the delay of your Conquest Point total being updated on login - it no longer waits 60 seconds before updating.
    * Crafting: Recipe scrolls for recipes that were previously given from quests can now be sold to vendors (including Recipe: Reinforced Leather). These recipes are currently taught by crafting trainers instead.
    * Updates to the ability bar system to reduce the chance of ability buttons vanishing.
    * Fixes for server lag issues introduced with the last patch.

ZONES

* Carnival of the Ascended zone events no longer appear in Cape Jule and Pelladane.

ENDLESS ECLIPSE

* Kain - Hard Mode:
    - Lowered health of Deathbound Bloodthieves.
    - Increased the time between a Deathbound Bloodthief being killed and it self-resurrecting.
    - Lowered damage reduction of Call of the Dead to 5%.

STEPPES OF INFINITY

* Craft of Conflict: Added a visible timer to the event.
    * Champions of the Firestorm: Added a visible timer to the event. Reduced the number of Rifts to close in Phase 1 to one. Increased the number of Infinity Stones granted from Phase 3 to five.
    * Champions of the Firestorm: Slightly reduced the hit points of Thazuls Ra, Bron, and Gar.

SOULS

* Beastmaster: Cutting Ruse, Primal Lucidity: Reduced Power cost.
    * Beastmaster: Tearing Slash: Fixed a bug where the ability's damage and its Attack Power contribution was not included in the final damage of the Bleed effect. The base damage of the Bleed effect has been reduced.
    * Paladin: Kick: Renamed to Interfere. The tooltip and combat log are still showing the name as Kick.
    * Paragon: Calliope's Paragon Crystal: Now instantly deals 8,000 damage when Death Touch is triggered.
    * Pyromancer: Flame Rupture: Fixed a multi-stacking issue with this ability.
    * Tempest: Delayed Blast: Corrected the tooltip to properly indicate that Delayed Blast lasts 15 seconds and not 1 minute.
    * Warlord: Thick of Battle: Fixed a bug where the debuff is being removed when applied by multiple Warlords. The debuff from Thick of Battle should now be stackable.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...8-4-13-eu.html

No sign of the Moonshade Dimension and goodbye to chasing balloons in Pelladane and Cape Jule

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So there's no sign of Dendrome in sight other than THE stream? I haven't logged on the game in over a month and I'm starting to get really worried. I don't know that I'll still be around by the time it comes out. When was the last actual content patch we had, because the Carnival does not count in my book?
    BAD WOLF

Sadly it's been awhile since actual content. EE was the last big content patch... around late December?

Feels like Trion lost the plot a bit. :/

One point three standard metric buttloads of HM Kain kills inc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Sadly it's been awhile since actual content. EE was the last big content patch... around late December?

Feels like Trion lost the plot a bit. :/
    That's what I thought...which was right after I started playing. After reading so many things about content and speed, this is just...uggh. Im' starting to regret ever spending money and getting involved in the game.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    That's what I thought...which was right after I started playing. After reading so many things about content and speed, this is just...uggh. Im' starting to regret ever spending money and getting involved in the game.
    It honestly wasn't always like this though. Rift was super speedy with actual content- not minor updates. Trion added a ton stuff & features in classic.

Storm Legion sorta... I dunno. Storm Legion kinda ruined the game a little. Maybe a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you people even Rift? seriously, "lack of content"

Top of my head...new Dimensions, more zone events, lot's of class changes and tweaks, more crafting options, cross-shard invites and now "guesting".....

That's just what i can think of on the spot, i'm sure we would all love to be getting Ember Isle style patches every week but be realistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Storm Legion sorta... I dunno. Storm Legion kinda ruined the game a little. Maybe a lot.
    I think so too unfortunately. From seeing other veteran responses, it seems many people share the sentiment.

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Top of my head...new Dimensions, more zone events, lot's of class changes and tweaks, more crafting options, cross-shard invites and now "guesting".....
    Class changes, crafting 'options' (whatever that means), invites, and guesting are not content. New dimensions are arguably not content either, since it's a system that is already fleshed out getting a new backdrop.

Out of everything you said, new zone events are the only content and they are mostly irrelevant as everyone has gear from the currency they provide.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account

That's just what i can think of on the spot, i'm sure we would all love to be getting Ember Isle style patches every week but be realistic.
    We are being realistic. Content has slowed drastically to previous months. PR is relatively quiet. People are bored.

What you are mentioning as "content" effectively amounts to re-use of zones, models. The engine is in place - it's just a re-use of old stuff and packaging it as new - far worse in implementation to any other mmo that re-uses content. It's lazy, cheap and a "filler"

I hope Trion realize that after they evidently appear to have wasted my money and dropped the ball with SL, they will not a f--k be getting any further money from me on any other games they decide to produce. They need to get their butts in gear, make a plan, and fix their content schedule.

I predict 2.3 to be a huge appeasement patch with a looooooong wait between the next real content and greatly reduced further raid or other "meaty" content. Something is very, very wrong at Trion. My current advice to anyone trying it? Don't take more than a month or two's sub at a time.

EDIT: I currently refer to Rift as "It was the best mmo I have ever played"
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-04-17 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    So there's no sign of Dendrome in sight other than THE stream? I haven't logged on the game in over a month and I'm starting to get really worried. I don't know that I'll still be around by the time it comes out. When was the last actual content patch we had, because the Carnival does not count in my book?
    Dendrome will be 2.3, this is just a Hotfix. You didn't expect Dendrome to be in a Hotfix did you?

That said though, yeah, 2.3 does seem to be taking longer to come than it should.

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 12:05 PM ----------

Yes, let's be realistic. So far, all we have gotten is stuff that was promised with SL release. Nothing new since then. Even 2.3 with Dendrome was supposed to be in SL release. The Tier 2 10m that's possibly(?) coming with 2.3 is the only thing that we are getting that wasn't supposed to be in SL release. How long has it been since SL release now?

For further realisim, from 1.7 on, which is around when I started playing, we saw major content patches, not Hotfixes, every 6-8 week. We're sitting at about 6 weeks right now and 2.3 is not even on the PTS. An entire zone and a new raid are gonna take longer than 2 weeks on the PTS. Not to mention, the patches are smaller than before, as are the weekly hotfixes. If you think it has not slowed down, you are only fooling yourself. Fact is, I and many others are bored of the game currently, as not only have they not added much to do, the stuff that is there to do is already worn out and boring as all hell.

Be realistic, most of that isn't content. Dimensions and zone events sorta count, but aren't very "big" with regards to time investment (as you can build whatever you want in other dimensions already), and class changes/tweaks, crafting, and cross shard invites/guesting aren't content at all, that's normal updates and a new feature (which is always welcome). Face it, this is the longest Trion has gone without a sizable content update, a big new system/feature, or anything really substantial.

It's disappointing considering it's coinciding with their poor handling of Defiance (tons of issues still, their CSR's SUCK, and they aren't rapid firing patches to address issues like they did with Rift, not to mention console port, ugh), and it's really out of character for them given the past 1.5 years of classic Rift being pretty much the best run MMO in the history of ever. I'm still sticking around (kinda have to, my sub is till January) but if they don't come up with something pretty cool in the next patch I'm going to consider unsubscribing. I haven't even played in months (nothing new for me as a non-raider and the thought of leveling another character through SL again gives me physical pain) and it makes me sad.

Nobody is asking for Ember Isle every week. We're just comparing what they are putting out now to what they've historically put out, and its disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Be realistic, most of that isn't content. Dimensions and zone events sorta count, but aren't very "big" with regards to time investment (as you can build whatever you want in other dimensions already), and class changes/tweaks, crafting, and cross shard invites/guesting aren't content at all, that's normal updates and a new feature (which is always welcome). Face it, this is the longest Trion has gone without a sizable content update, a big new system/feature, or anything really substantial.

It's disappointing considering it's coinciding with their poor handling of Defiance (tons of issues still, their CSR's SUCK, and they aren't rapid firing patches to address issues like they did with Rift, not to mention console port, ugh), and it's really out of character for them given the past 1.5 years of classic Rift being pretty much the best run MMO in the history of ever. I'm still sticking around (kinda have to, my sub is till January) but if they don't come up with something pretty cool in the next patch I'm going to consider unsubscribing. I haven't even played in months (nothing new for me as a non-raider and the thought of leveling another character through SL again gives me physical pain) and it makes me sad.

Nobody is asking for Ember Isle every week. We're just comparing what they are putting out now to what they've historically put out, and its disappointing.
    Yep pretty much this. Now I do think sometimes people expectations might be a bit unrealistic given that the Rift team is much smaller now. But at the same time I think we deserve much better then what we are getting. I don't even mind them reusing content and stuff. Just make it interesting! I mean onslaughts would probably be a lot more fun for instance if they actually felt like an onslaught and not just waiting around for mobs to show up half the time. Hunt rifts would be more fun if there was some decent variety to them and not just the same thing over and over again. Zone events are cool but once again more variety! I am really hoping Strongholds actually have some variety to them. Otherwise afew months after 2.3 comes out most will be sick of them too.

Yeah not happy about the whole Defiance thing. I am still hoping it brings in enough money that they can invest some of it back into Rift. But my hopes are not very high at this point. Its sad.. and kinda makes me angry too.

10+ Year Old Account
    An extra addon for North American players comes now with Hotfix #9.5, Europeans had it included this morning.

RIFT 2.2 Hotfix #9.5 - 8:00am PST 4/18/13 [NA] - incl with hotfix #9 on 18/4/13 [EU]

GENERAL

* The Moonshade Pools Dimension key is now available on Woody Cook in Tempest Bay!
    * Relic items have had their drop rates updated to help normalize distribution across Callings.
    * Endless Eclipse: Matriarch of Pestilence: Fixed the Wayward Sons achievement not being granted to dead players.
    * Teleporting within Conquest maps is now instant, and should not result in a loading screen.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...8-4-13-eu.html

* Relic items have had their drop rates updated to help normalize distribution across Callings.
    We shall see, Trion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elrar's first "official" patch notes are a good start, here's hotfix #10

RIFT 2.2 Hotfix #10 - 10:00am PST 4/24/13 [NA] - 2:00AM GMT 25/4/13 [EU]

GENERAL

* Players who rejoined a guild created by a different faction than their own will now have the correct faction displayed next to their names in the roster.
    * Fixed a bug that could cause some players to crash when loading.

CONQUEST

• Optimized respawning within Conquest maps and fixed a problem which would cause players to get stuck when teleporting to Caer Mathos during matches.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS

• Endless Eclipse: Regulos - Shambling Nightmare can no longer critically hit on normal attacks.
    • Endless Eclipse: Kain (Hard Mode) - Fixed an issue that would allow the Deathbound Bloodthieves to break their “dead” animation before they resurrect.
    • Archive of Flesh: Collision added in Cahail’s room to prevent players from completely avoiding Frenzied Embrace.
    • Exodus of the Storm Queen: Fixed issue that would prevent the “Hot Lead, Cold Steel” event from re-starting on a reset.
    • Exodus of the Storm Queen: Fixed an issue that would prevent players from using the exit portal after beginning the “Hot Lead, Cold Steel” quest but not yet begun the fight against Dominax.

ZONES

• Ashora: The "Aquatic Blessing Statues" near Majeric Tower should function once again.

SOULS

WARRIORS

PARAGON

* Calliope’s Paragon Synergy Crystal: The additional damage from Death Touch has been reduced to 2400 in PvP with the 4 piece set bonus.

BEASTMASTER

* Bond of Shelter: Fixed a bug where Bond of Shelter is removed when the player zones, and removed the tooltip text that indicates it lasts for 1 hr.
    * Bond of Shelter: Will no longer remove quest disguises.

PALADIN

* Interfere: Fixed a bug where the effect tooltip of Interfere was displaying as Kick.

MAGES

CHLOROMANCER

*Prion’s Chloromancer Crystal: 4 piece set bonus now procs off of damage ticks of Void Life and initial damage from Vile Spores and Ruin. Duration of the buff has been increased to 15 seconds.

DOMINATOR

* Fixed an issue where casting Reflective Presence while another Charge consumer was active, such as Arresting Presence, would cause Reflective Presence to cost 0 Charge.

HARBINGER

* Lightning Blade, Luminous Weapon and Reaper’s Blade can no longer be purged.

PYROMANCER

* Improved Fireball: Fixed an issue where Improved Fireball wasn’t correctly affecting Ranks 11 – 14 of Fireball.
    • Fireball: Reduced damage slightly.
    * Removed the shared cooldown between Fusillade and Extinguish.
    * Flame Volley: Can now be channeled while moving.
    * Inferno: Can now be cast on enemies below 40% health; up from 30%.
    * Spark: Now reduces the mana cost of non-instant Fire spells by 4/8/12/16/20%.
    * Spark: Also reduces the cast time of Fire spells by 4/8/12/16/20%.
    * Extinguish: Reduced its cooldown to 20 seconds.
    * Extinguish: No longer requires a target to cast and no longer considers Combust stacks to determine number of procs.
    * Combust: Had its damage reduced.
    * Flame Rupture: Is now removed when the enemy dies.
    * Glyphs of Power: Now provides its damage bonus full time, instead of only when standing still.

STORMCALLER

* Ride the Wind: Had its cooldown removed.
    * Ride the Wind: Now costs 30 Charge to cast and lasts 10 seconds, but no longer consumes Charge while active.
    * Slightly increased the radius of the AOE effects of Forked Lightning and Lightning Field.
    * Prion’s Stormcaller Crystal: 2 piece set bonus no longer has an internal cooldown on the buff proc.

WARLOCK

* Contaminate: no longer blocks Sacrifice Life: Damage from being cast.

CLERICS

INQUISITOR

* Soul Drain: Increased the movement speed of the projectiles.
    * Soul Drain: Now requires line of sight to the initial target in order to cast.

PURIFIER

* Eruption: Now deals damage based on the Cleric’s Spell Power whenever the Cleric applies an absorb to the buffed ally.

SENTINEL

* Liberty of Thought: Now appears grayed out unless you have an effect it will remove on you.
    * Wrathful Exuberance: Now deals damage to the buffed ally’s target equal to 75% of the amount healed.
    * Wrathful Exuberance: Now deals damage on both healing and overhealing.

WARDEN

*Qil’s Warden Crystal: 2 piece set bonus now procs off of both Soothing Stream and Healing Flood.
    * Reduced the cooldown of Orbs of the Stream and Orbs of the Tide to 30 seconds.
    * Healing Effusion: Mana cost has been reduced.
    * Under Pressure: Now increases damage done with Call of the Depths and Geyser by 20/40/60%.
    * Ripple: Reduced the cooldown to 30 seconds.
    * Overflowing Renewal: Reduced the cast time to 2 seconds.
    * Dangers of the Deep: The buff from this ability now also increases the duration of heal over time spells by 1 second per stack.
    * Bosun’s Blessing: Now also increases damage by 10%.
    * Shared Excess: Now instant cast.

Lot's of soul changes to keep you happy

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...5-4-13-eu.html
    Last edited by Slipmat; 2013-04-24 at 05:06 PM.