Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    I'm concerned by the apparent inability to toggle off FnB with the 5.3 version. I see people expressing dissatisfaction with the current implementation, but it's not really all that big of a deal from what I've used it for. Granted, I'm still progressing on 10M Normal, but this is how I see it:
    /cast [mod:shift] FnB
    /cast Spell

Replace Spell with an ability, and it will spread whatever FnB is capable of effecting. There may be a delay equal to input lag, preventing you from immediately queuing up the next FnB until your current Spell finishes casting, but simplying holding the Shift button as you mash your hotkey of choice seems to work just fine.

In the new design, with the reported lack of deactivation toggle, we're stuck casting FnB-buffed spells until we either CancelAura or run out of embers. I see this as being problematic when we want to stop AoE to conserve embers when the number of targets drops too low. To me, it seems like it will add a hotkey to the mix when we want to switch back to normal spellcasting. I'd rather just press Shift when I want to AoE and leave it off when I don't. I like making a conscious decision to AoE before I press the button, as opposed to having to turn off AoE later. Then, let us not forget the less-skilled (newb) players. Can't stop AoE until you run out of gas? Not player friendly design.

The only saving grace I can see with this would be having the ability to un-FnB a cast in-process, assuming it checks the FnB condition when the spell finishes casting instead of when the cast begins.
    "/castsequence Fire and Brimstone, Spell" is the only macro right know which makes FnB spammable, especially when you have lag.
    The Implemention in 5.3 is better than currently but it's still not ideal, what everyone is asking for is a toggle Fire and Brimstone.

This is the current 5.3 method

Fire and Brimstone no longer requires a Burning Ember to cast. Instead, the spell causes Immolate, Incinerate, Conflagrate, and Curse spells to consume a Burning Ember when cast, and the effect remains active as long as the Warlock has at least 1 Burning Ember remaining.

This is how i would like to see it implemented

Fire and Brimstone no longer requires a Burning Ember to cast. Instead, the spell causes Immolate, Incinerate, Conflagrate, and Curse spells to consume a Burning Ember when cast, when the Warlock doesn't have at least 1 Burning Ember, Immolate, Incinerate, Conflagerate and Curse spells will work as usual, this effect remains active until cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Some usefull changes, GAteway getting 100% of lock's health, and this:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Affliction

Haunt now refunds a Soul Shard when it is dispelled.

Should be nice for PvP.
    They also redesigned the Glyph of Siphon Life to heal for .5% of the Lock's HP, with a lot of multi-dotting, that could be amazing.

Deleted
    Fire and Brimstone no longer requires a Burning Ember to cast. Instead, the spell causes Immolate, Incinerate, Conflagrate, and Curse spells to consume a Burning Ember when cast, when the Warlock doesn't have at least 1 Burning Ember, Immolate, Incinerate, Conflagerate and Curse spells will work as usual, this effect remains active until cancelled.
    That would be a much better implementation (+toggable mid cast).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    They also redesigned the Glyph of Siphon Life to heal for .5% of the Lock's HP, with a lot of multi-dotting, that could be amazing.
    afaik its a healing nerf for pve'ers and a prolly a buff for pvp'ers. atleast for me it would result in about 1k hp less pr tick.

Ugh dat SB:HF nerf. That instant burst is all that enabled me to solo Warbringers with my Void Lord, as I can't afford to not MG for that long since I need the shards in order to pop the big heal when I need it. Unless I'm terribly mistaken about MG-copy Corruptions adding to Nightfall proc chance ... and I only just randomly happened to have been getting more Nightfalls when channeling than not.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Ugh dat SB:HF nerf. That instant burst is all that enabled me to solo Warbringers with my Void Lord, as I can't afford to not MG for that long since I need the shards in order to pop the big heal when I need it. Unless I'm terribly mistaken about MG-copy Corruptions adding to Nightfall proc chance ... and I only just randomly happened to have been getting more Nightfalls when channeling than not.
    Then go destruction. i find it easier to solo them warbringers in destro gosup/soullink

Just spec to Destro, soloing warbringer as Destro is faceroll Twilight Ward, Soul Link, Soul Leech and Mortal Coil makes this fight trival even with very bad gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    "/castsequence Fire and Brimstone, Spell" is the only macro right know which makes FnB spammable, especially when you have lag.
    The Implemention in 5.3 is better than currently but it's still not ideal, what everyone is asking for is a toggle Fire and Brimstone.

This is the current 5.3 method

Fire and Brimstone no longer requires a Burning Ember to cast. Instead, the spell causes Immolate, Incinerate, Conflagrate, and Curse spells to consume a Burning Ember when cast, and the effect remains active as long as the Warlock has at least 1 Burning Ember remaining.

This is how i would like to see it implemented

The macro that I included is what I have been using, and works flawlessly. You hold Shift when you want to FnB and let it go when you don't.
    For reasons unknown to me you can't condense the macro into a single by separating the spells with a semicolon, but you can use the two-line without having to do a CastSequence macro (which requires two button presses).

Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    The macro that I included is what I have been using, and works flawlessly. You hold Shift when you want to FnB and let it go when you don't.
    For reasons unknown to me you can't condense the macro into a single by separating the spells with a semicolon, but you can use the two-line without having to do a CastSequence macro (which requires two button presses).
    Yeah nvm, for some reason i actually read something completely different, weird
    The reason you can't separate via ; is because it's making a new Cast line, so you can have multiple Casts with mods in the same line with a single /cast or /use
    /cast [mod:shift] FnB; Incinerate would never activate Incinerate if you hold down shift, which is basically what i thought i did read..

Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    Then go destruction. i find it easier to solo them warbringers in destro gosup/soullink
    Just spec to Destro, soloing warbringer as Destro is faceroll Twilight Ward, Soul Link, Soul Leech and Mortal Coil makes this fight trival even with very bad gear.
    Cool, I'll give this a try. For some reason I had thought the Soul Leech shield didn't protect from the transferred damage from Soul Link. I mean, I thought I'd tested it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    That would be a much better implementation (+toggable mid cast).
    You still cant do anything while its activated and you have no ember. Its telling you "not enough embers". Cancelaura macro is still required.
    Mid cast toggeling is also not available.

All in all still clunky.

Deleted
    Let's hope this isn't even its final form
    I can't believe they would replace a clunky mechanic with another clunky mechanic, and force every beginner to have a cancelaura macro or spam fel flames during 10 seconds.

thats poo for Demo PVE self-healing cause we also get healing from Doom

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    You still cant do anything while its activated and you have no ember. Its telling you "not enough embers". Cancelaura macro is still required.
    Mid cast toggeling is also not available.

All in all still clunky.
    You should have actually read what i posted to what he responded

My english isn't very good but it should get the idea out. If you have no embers nothing changes, if you have embers your spells consumer 1 ember and FnB itsellf is a toggle switch like a Stance.
    Obviously this is NOT how it works on the PTR currently but how i want to see it work.
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2013-04-16 at 06:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually a nerf for PvE. As for PvP, if they are going to increase the damage from DoTs, it will be a nerf as well, otherwise a ~20% buff.

Thanks for the tips about soloing Warbringers as Destro -- I tried it and it worked out great. I only had one problem, tho -- when I would try to move my VL back to the spawn point after a fear (so that a couple of fears wouldn't push it so far as to reset the mob), it just immediately lost aggro and even a Soulshatter could not peel the WB off me. I eventually got it down just by not worrying about moving it back, but it didn't have the ghost add thing and for those I imagine I'll need to have my VL kite it.

I didn't have to use my gateway for the temp threat dump but I don't know how effective that'd be over the whole fight -- this one didn't have the ghost add thing so I didn't need to move my VL at all.

Thanks for the tips about soloing Warbringers as Destro -- I tried it and it worked out great. I only had one problem, tho -- when I would try to move my VL back to the spawn point after a fear (so that a couple of fears wouldn't push it so far as to reset the mob), it just immediately lost aggro and even a Soulshatter could not peel the WB off me. I eventually got it down just by not worrying about moving it back, but it didn't have the ghost add thing and for those I imagine I'll need to have my VL kite it.

I didn't have to use my gateway for the temp threat dump but I don't know how effective that'd be over the whole fight -- this one didn't have the ghost add thing so I didn't need to move my VL at all.
    Pro tip, but no seriously really pro tip ;P Summon Voidlord or another pet and instantly cancel it, it will stun your Voidlord so he can't run all over the place feared.

If you want to macro it it's as simple as:
    /use Summon Voidlord
    /stopcasting

Anti-fear macro :P

Also im not sure about Soulshatter, on my Warlock it has 0 effect on Warbringers, the threat stays the same after using it.. it works everywhere else though. Gateway works though, but you don't actually ever need it if your Pet stays on the warbringer and doesn't die.
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2013-04-16 at 10:45 PM.

Deleted

Try too have as much rof uptime in the boss as it us humanly ossible and turn your vls taunt off. This way your demon will never aggro the ghost.

About the fear.. Never had that issue tbh, but i guess the stun macro would work pretty nicely

Pro tip, but no seriously really pro tip ;P Summon Voidlord or another pet and instantly cancel it, it will stun your Voidlord so he can't run all over the place feared.

If you want to macro it it's as simple as:
    /use Summon Voidlord
    /stopcasting

Anti-fear macro :P
    That's ... genius

Also it turns out "ingenius" is not a real word. Hrm

It's a perfectly cromulant word.

Thank you for that anti-fear macro. I have found several uses for it already!