Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Better then rehashing the same game again. They have already remade A Link to the Past once, there is no need to do it again and to be quite honest if it's a new game with a new story, it's going to be worth playing.
    It's a sequel, they directly stated this in the video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, looks like I'm getting a 3DS! aLttP is my favorite video game by far. : D

Deleted
    Create a game, and then edit controls to fit the game, not the other way around...tired of Nintendo and their bullshit controls. New controls are fine if the option is there to not use them.

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    I'm just going to ignore the rest of your post for a minute and point out that the Gamecube was actually pretty powerful for its time. Maybe not as powerful as the Xbox, but I'm almost certain it had better hardware than the PS2 (Resident Evil 4 is the best example of that). Some of their first party games had great tech too (there's a neat Wind Waker breakdown you should look up, and Metroid Prime still holds up really well).
    No, it actually was not better. Not even close...the only game that ever looked really good on Gamecube was Metroid Prime, and I'm still not sure how they pulled that one off compared to the other consoles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Create a game, and then edit controls to fit the game, not the other way around...tired of Nintendo and their bullshit controls. New controls are fine if the option is there to not use them.
    lol what game are you talking about?

No, it actually was not better. Not even close...the only game that ever looked really good on Gamecube was Metroid Prime, and I'm still not sure how they pulled that one off compared to the other consoles.
    Star Wars Rogue Squadron, wind waker and Resident Evil 4 all looked terrible

No one said anything about controls being changed or anything.

There's also Resident Evil 4, which looked better on the Gamecube than the PS2 (I'd be willing to bet some other multiplats did too). And Wind Waker, one of the best looking games of the generation, not only because of it's art style. And F-Zero GX, running at a constant 60 fps. And...

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    No one said anything about controls being changed or anything.
    Maybe its just me, but the way Link was moving in the trailer made it look like he will be controlled Via the touch screen again.

No arrows/bombs im guessing. Everything works off the magic meter. (When link fights the Chu chus near the end, he uses his bow. The magic meter depletes and slowly regens.
    Last edited by pickley; 2013-04-17 at 10:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Maybe its just me, but the way Link was moving in the trailer made it look like he will be controlled Via the touch screen again.
    didnt get that feeling at all.. looks like your standard control scheme to me.

No arrows/bombs im guessing. Everything works off the magic meter. (When link fights the Chu chus near the end, he uses his bow. The magic meter depletes and slowly regens.
    Didn't get that from the trailer at all.

Why no new F-Zero!

WHHHHYYYYYY

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    It means that every console since N64 was a gimmick ridden toy compared to the rest of the console industry, where Nintendo has focused on said gimmick instead of pushing hardware capabilities. Because graphics and RAM are the end all, amirite?!?
    At the time when N64 came out, it was literally the head of the pack for gaming. Nah, it was still behind the Sony Playstation at the time
    The games were both visually superior and had a distinct development touch by all the developers who were making them.

But then they came out with the GameCube, where the focus was making a small system that could be taken to a friends house without having to lug around a bunch of stuff. So they sacrificed game quality and hardware performance for tiny form factor. Then they came out with the Wii, sticking with the motion control technology (and the ultra portable form factor again) to promote 'more interaction' between gamers and their games. Now they've released the Wii U where it has a sub par tablet for a controller. Once again, they sacrificed performance and quality to deliver on a gaming experience which could be shared between a TV and a Tablet screen.

You would think Nintendo would learn by now Learn what? How to keep making money hand over fist?
    , and maybe go back to their roots of making powerful gaming machines that can compete with the likes of Playstation and Microsoft. Again, nostalgia is a bitch... Nintendo hasn't had a "powerful competing gaming machine" since the SNES era.
    Nope, instead they keep throwing gimmicks at their fan base in hopes that kids keep driving sales. What's even more saddening, is that their games are nearly all rehashes of previous titles, where they slightly increase graphics and add a couple more features, then call it a new game.

I loved me some old school Nintendo games, but the newer ones just don't do it for me anymore.
    Sounds like you just wish this was 15 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    EEEEEEEEE!!! This is filling me with excitement. The new Zelda 3DS game looks so good and the Yoshi's Island game too, I'll definitely be getting those. I can't wait for Pikmin 3 also then I can finally get a Wii U. My wallet will be destroyed that day.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account

Not sure that's a magic meter, when he charged his sword it didn't use it. When he used the giant hammer, it depleted and regenned.

Looks more like a stamina bar.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Please.. Please announce a new Super Smash Bro's...
    its been announced and its being shown at e3.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what's everyone's take on DK having a casual mode and an original mode setting that matches the Wii version? Are they really correct when they say people play handhelds on a more casual and short burst basis to consoles? I tend to just curl up on the sofa/in bed with mine and play for hours.

Also if we're porting Wii games now, can we have Super Mario Galaxy 3DS please? >.>

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Earthbound? In 3D in new graphics?

Welp, guess I'm buying a 3DS. Lttp is just a perk.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Earthbound? In 3D in new graphics?

Welp, guess I'm buying a 3DS. Lttp is just a perk.
    It's not. It's a full translated port of Mother2 to the Virtual Console.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    It's not. It's a full translated port of Mother2 to the Virtual Console.
    Still. It's a buy for me.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Still. It's a buy for me.
    And it's not even on the 3DS, it will be on the Wii U virtual console.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    And it's not even on the 3DS, it will be on the Wii U virtual console.
    Guess I'll be buying a Wii U then.