Bitchin'.

Man, I love bein' a Worgen. >w>
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    How can I skip valinthria in ICC w/ engineering?
    Something about falling from Blood Queen's room with the Goblin Glider active allows you to travel through the walls, eventually leading to Sindy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Something about falling from Blood Queen's room with the Goblin Glider active allows you to travel through the walls, eventually leading to Sindy.
    Can anyone confirm this? Seems a bit farfetched to glide all the way from blood queens room to Sindys

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I can kill Algalon 25 as Frost. Didn't do it though as I don't want to be banned, tihihi... Killed Flame Lev 25 without veichle, XT hardmode in around 1 minute and Ignis in 35 seconds. Hopefully Blizzard wont blast me for having fun.

Working on LK 25 HC now. Well, I pulled him but got blasted away by a frost orb later on. My mind was not on my money.

Also, I'd love being able to skip Valithria. Wiped sooo many times on 99%.
    Hi

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone confirm this? Seems a bit farfetched to glide all the way from blood queens room to Sindys
    Post #269, Page 14.

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Also, I'd love being able to skip Valithria. Wiped sooo many times on 99%.
    See above ^.

Looking to Solo old Raids..

Hai all. Really loving the guide and people seem really helpful on here.

Just returning from a long break since Cataclysm to take a more relaxed approach to the game. I decided on the Death Knight for my main class since I've always loved the class when I first played it back in WTLK, however, moved onto Paladins towards the tail end of WTLK due to the changes to Death Knights. However, I am back and more excited than ever before to push my class beyond its boundaries.

I've never been very active in soloing old raids. The only one I did was Karazhan and only the first boss on my Paladin only cause of the Mount which I must add, dropped after 4 runs : ). I couldn't believe it and I've never solod another raid after that. I was hoping to go back and solo some of the WTLK raids and Vanilla raids. I decided on a Death Knight for various reasons, however, their ability to solo current elities/rares and more importantly most old world content effortlessly compared to the other classes were the main ones.

I just reached level 90 a night back and am working on farming some gear. One thing I've noticed that since the last time I played my DK a bit, since the first month of Cataclysm, Blood has had a significant nerf to its damage. So I was wondering which spec would be more efficient for soloing the Vanilla raids?

Also I can't wait to get started on the WTLK raids especially Onyxia, Sarathion (even though I have both the mounts), Malygos, VOA and Naxx. However, I was wondering was their a gear check for most of the WTLK raids? When can I start soloing them?

Can someone please help me out. Thanks

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    Hai all. Really loving the guide and people seem really helpful on here.

Just returning from a long break since Cataclysm to take a more relaxed approach to the game. I decided on the Death Knight for my main class since I've always loved the class when I first played it back in WTLK, however, moved onto Paladins towards the tail end of WTLK due to the changes to Death Knights. However, I am back and more excited than ever before to push my class beyond its boundaries.

I've never been very active in soloing old raids. The only one I did was Karazhan and only the first boss on my Paladin only cause of the Mount which I must add, dropped after 4 runs : ). I couldn't believe it and I've never solod another raid after that. I was hoping to go back and solo some of the WTLK raids and Vanilla raids. I decided on a Death Knight for various reasons, however, their ability to solo current elities/rares and more importantly most old world content effortlessly compared to the other classes were the main ones.

I just reached level 90 a night back and am working on farming some gear. One thing I've noticed that since the last time I played my DK a bit, since the first month of Cataclysm, Blood has had a significant nerf to its damage. So I was wondering which spec would be more efficient for soloing the Vanilla raids?

Also I can't wait to get started on the WTLK raids especially Onyxia, Sarathion (even though I have both the mounts), Malygos, VOA and Naxx. However, I was wondering was their a gear check for most of the WTLK raids? When can I start soloing them?

Can someone please help me out. Thanks
    In response to your questions:

As you probably know, the Vanilla raids are soloable asleep. The mobs there can barely dent your health - you get little or no bonus attack power from Vengeance. So I would suggest a Frost spec - it'll burst things down and it's fun to 1-shot Kurinaxx.

The reason why Blood (and every other tanking spec) had its damaged nerfed was because of the change to Vengeance; it's now capped at your maximum health rather than at 10% of your health like it was in Cata. The extra Vengeance you get when tanking compensates for the damage reduction, though you should note that our base damage is much higher than that of the other tanks, which is part of the reason we're so good at soloing.

If you're talking about the 10-man versions of the Wrath raids you mentioned, be prepared for something like the Vanilla raids in terms of difficulty. The challenge when doing those fights is not falling asleep. The 25 man versions aren't too different - the only one that'll pose a problem is Sartharion 3D. You'll want good gear (490+) before you can do that. The majority of the bosses that we discuss in this thread are the harder Wrath 25 bosses (if you've noticed, there's been a lot on Lich King 25H) and the 10-man Cata bosses.

Have fun on your soloing adventures!

Deleted
    I do it every week, Valithria is not worth losing time.
    I do Blood Queen in 10-man, switch to 25-man and then I can do Sindra by gliding from Blood Queen's room to Sindra's room.

Deleted
    25M Normal Omnitron, well that was easy.

Death knight power We can solo everything!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think Sha of Anger will be soloable in next expansion set? Need that mount

How hard are the achievements to do for 85 raids solo I wonder. Still missing some for Nax/BoT/DS.

As for raids next patch i am wondering that too one day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    How hard are the achievements to do for 85 raids solo I wonder. Still missing some for Nax/BoT/DS.

As for raids next patch i am wondering that too one day.
    That really depends what achi you want to do On another note, don't you mean bwd? since nax is level 80.

Right BWD is indeed correct. Ill have to check and see i have a number of ones to do but prob best to get in a pug achieve run.

Also how far can i get in soloing you think at 506? Looking to give LK a kicking and his mates while i farm frags fro shadowmourne.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rage/Aventhos/
    Last edited by Aventhos; 2013-04-18 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I do Blood Queen in 10-man, switch to 25-man and then I can do Sindra by gliding from Blood Queen's room to Sindra's room.
    Could I bother you for a screenshot of which way you are facing? I also have engineering and would love to do this. I had to multibox my pally healer and have a buddy druid come in to help me get by Valinthria last week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    The Ulduar vehicle bug doesn't count, baka!
    Tss. Wish I could take that "Buff" outside and have some fun with Alliance in Stormwind or soemthing.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro88 View Post
    Do you think Sha of Anger will be soloable in next expansion set? Need that mount
    Not unless they change his mechanics. As it stands now, he can MC the MT. If you were soloing, I'd assume that would reset him with no enemies to attack.

If they made it so he couldn't MC his aggro target, then yes, probably with the right amount of gear (ignoring any possible changes to blood in the next xpac) but, if they don't then I wouldn't think so.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    In response to your questions:

As you probably know, the Vanilla raids are soloable asleep. The mobs there can barely dent your health - you get little or no bonus attack power from Vengeance. So I would suggest a Frost spec - it'll burst things down and it's fun to 1-shot Kurinaxx.

The reason why Blood (and every other tanking spec) had its damaged nerfed was because of the change to Vengeance; it's now capped at your maximum health rather than at 10% of your health like it was in Cata. The extra Vengeance you get when tanking compensates for the damage reduction, though you should note that our base damage is much higher than that of the other tanks, which is part of the reason we're so good at soloing.

If you're talking about the 10-man versions of the Wrath raids you mentioned, be prepared for something like the Vanilla raids in terms of difficulty. The challenge when doing those fights is not falling asleep. The 25 man versions aren't too different - the only one that'll pose a problem is Sartharion 3D. You'll want good gear (490+) before you can do that. The majority of the bosses that we discuss in this thread are the harder Wrath 25 bosses (if you've noticed, there's been a lot on Lich King 25H) and the 10-man Cata bosses.

Have fun on your soloing adventures!
    Thanks your reply. I do see that the LK and the Cata bosses are currently the topic of discussion, however, I can't really get there with gear that I have. So I am going to be building towards that. But I wanted to get started on the earlier raids.

Well thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Can you explain how you do it?
    Last edited by Fungj; 2013-04-18 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    Thanks your reply. I do see that the LK and the Cata bosses are currently the topic of discussion, however, I can't really get there with gear that I have. So I am going to be building towards that. But I wanted to get started on the earlier raids.

Well thanks for the information.
    Your gear might be lacking for WotLK 25 man HM (you might actually do quite a few with your gear already, some ulduar bosses come to mind!) - but your gear is more than enough to do everything in 10m HM. I'd say - go do 10m HM until you geared up abit. It might be "easy" but by say, doing ICC10HM you get the general idea of how to execute fights, solo, when you do decide to go 25m. I'd have wiped probably ten times more on LK25HM if I wouldn't have done 10m HM back on 85, it had the same things to push for, mainly dps, and the same mechanics to avoid.

So yeah don't worry about gear, just go clear 10m ulduar and icc hardmodes for a couple of weeks until you're around lfr ilvl (502+) and then you should be set for all 25m HM too - the experience you get from 10m will speed up your 25m progress.
    My dps gear is ilvl 502 and I can clear all 25m HM with the exception of BQL, gunship and healing dragon. Dragon/ship for obvious reasons, and BQL I think just needs abit more gear, haven't tried it in a while. Same gear is fine for most 10m normal cata bosses, though I definatly need some better gear for the hardmodes, hurts playing a tank mainspec and having 3 dps dk taking the gear before you can take it for offspec

Make sure you reforge for the harder fights (like LK) at least - it really does make a huge difference. (Haste>Crit>Mastery after hit/exp caps - for reference, my dk in signature has sologear equipped most of the time, minus the neck, as I seem to have misplaced my dps neck )
    Last edited by falagar112; 2013-04-18 at 04:32 PM.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.