Thread: Arms in raids.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arms in raids.

Hello all .

How is arms doing atm in raids and what are the current stat weights and is there any ilvl that is required because of stats needed to put out dmg?
    And how is it compared to fury?

I made a month break because of work and now i ask you to bring up to things pls, thanks i advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury pulls ahead

should be fine to play Arms in a raid that only does normals

ok tnx that means arms isnt viable than.

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 09:33 AM ----------

1 more thing that matters to me is how far does fury pull ahead?

Deleted
    Arms is viable, but fury scale better with increasing stats and with t15 tier bonuses
    Last edited by mmoce29e7f6844; 2013-04-18 at 09:39 AM.

Arms might even be better at the start of the tier depending on your gear but fury scales better, arms is definitely viable. At ~509 ivlv arms is 1k better at ~538 ilvl arms is about 15k behind according to simcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    Arms might even be better at the start of the tier depending on your gear but fury scales better, arms is definitely viable. At ~509 ivlv arms is 1k better at ~538 ilvl arms is about 15k behind according to simcraft.
    Well but that is also because of the meta gem which benefits fury much more.

In my opinion Arms is still an option even after reaching 520ilvl, when you dont have good crit pieces and/or two decent weapons (for example in a 10man where weapons drop rarely and you only have seen the 535 noncrit offpieces). In a perfect environment where you can basically choose your gear freely, fury is ahead tho.

arms is better than the simcraft shows, simcraft uses the wrong trinkets in the BiS list and it undervalues slam
    i'm sure their are more errors than that,but those are just what i have seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Well but that is also because of the meta gem which benefits fury much more.
    Be interested to know what your basing this assumption on?

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Fury pulls ahead

should be fine to play Arms in a raid that only does normals
    Unless your pushing in a serious hard core progression guild AND you can play the spec well enough, then arms is perfectly viable in heroic modes also

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaenus View Post
    Be interested to know what your basing this assumption on?

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 03:19 PM ----------

Unless your pushing in a serious hard core progression guild AND you can play the spec well enough, then arms is perfectly viable in heroic modes also
    Careful man, saying positive stuff about arms will get you lynched around these parts of town.

But no seriously arms can do perfectly will even in heroic raiding. Granted fury will do slightly more damage but the BiS sim was done with wrong trinkets etc like stated many times before by plenty of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanali View Post
    1 more thing that matters to me is how far does fury pull ahead?
    I don't think there is enough statistical data available yet to give an exact estimate - maybe at some point later in the tier depending on how fast new content is released and how many more give arms a try. Still I personally wouldn't really suggest going for it unless you really enjoy the spec in which case you will be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    But no seriously arms can do perfectly will even in heroic raiding. Granted fury will do slightly more damage but the BiS sim was done with wrong trinkets etc like stated many times before by plenty of people.
    because it is irritating to tell a person what they want to know and have someone start bitching about how they think another poster is basically saying their spec isn't viable because another spec is significantly stronger than it

and it's just like jesus fuck

play whatever spec you want to

but don't complain when OR IF your guild tells you to play a different spec or gtfo. a raid group is formed by people working towards a common goal, and if you don't give them the impression that their goals are your goals as well, you will be shitcanned regardless.

As said it depends on the level you raid at, IF your not a serious progression guild pushing for ranking then honestly your not gonna be benched for playing arms unless your not a good player, and the stuff about but fury is better well yes it is, but if thats the case fury gets benched for rogues, dks what not which wont happen.

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 05:12 PM ----------

P.S. 99% of people who try to fool themselves they are serious progression raiders actually aren't, they just like to pretend they are to either themselves or on forums.

Do yourself a favor and go fury, so you don't bore yourself to death playing arms

Quote Originally Posted by Mateng View Post
    Do yourself a favor and go fury, so you don't bore yourself to death playing arms
    Because fury is wildly exciting and such a complex spec to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaenus View Post
    Because fury is wildly exciting and such a complex spec to play?
    eh its more fun then arms for me, but i guess to each their own. When I play arms I feel like I'm playing a glorified version of whack-a-mole.

Feel the same way about fury myself, in theory can produce better numbers playing it but tend to get incredibly bored fast and then numbers tale off as lose focus

Fury pulls ahead at 510-515ilvl, before that Arms is better.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsnstuff View Post
    Fury pulls ahead at 510-515ilvl, before that Arms is better.
    Not true. It's more like 500, and depends GREATLY on weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Not true. It's more like 500, and depends GREATLY on weapons.
    Meh.

My warrior is 505 equipped ilvl, but I'm using LFR 483 Darkmist Vortex, and my best weps are LFR 491 Shin'ka (w/gem) and LFR 483 Shin'ka (no gem obv)

Therefore, Arms is vastly superior because my Fury setup just isn't there. Damned weapons never drop...or good trinkets...
    ill probably be infracted for this post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Meh.

My warrior is 505 equipped ilvl, but I'm using LFR 483 Darkmist Vortex, and my best weps are LFR 491 Shin'ka (w/gem) and LFR 483 Shin'ka (no gem obv)

Therefore, Arms is vastly superior because my Fury setup just isn't there. Damned weapons never drop...or good trinkets...
    Why are you using DMV over pretty much any other str trinket out there?