Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipostylor View Post
    I don't argue for the sake of argueing, i argue if someone tells something that is factually wrong, and your statement to anti cc is still wrong. Just rephrasing something that is wrong doesn't make it less wrong.
    And btw I never said monks are bad, I even said from the beginning that they excel in pretty much any area: They excel in survivability, mobility, healing output, damage output and mana management. There is just one single area in which they suck and it is anti cc because they have zero anti cc and there is no other healer in the game that has zero anti cc, too. It just happens to be that anti cc is the most important area in pvp in mop due to damage and cc being out of control.
    And as regard to my rating I normally don't post my ratings. I just wanted to "verify" that I know what I'm talking about and high rating happens to be the first thing wow players give credibility. Additionally me having high rating is not proving a point. In RBG I wouldn't have a lower rating if I played shaman. In 2on2 I play the (in my opinion) best comp there is, dk/monk. With every other class shaman is probably better in 2on2, just not with DK. And in 3on3 I play double heal DK because in any other comp than dual heal, monk is inferior to other healers (especially shamans) due to having no anti cc.
    As i said I have no problem with agreeing to disagree on points that are up to opinion (like who's better in RBG). There just is no agreeing to disagree on facts, because they are either right or wrong.
    You keep saying that i am Factually wrong. Show me concise evidence, not just information based on your thoughts. Maybe a couple sources will support your claims that everyone with the OPINION that monks are better than Rsham can be enlightened.

15+ Year Old Account
    MW has the highest damage output of all healers BY FAR. Fully geared my CJL ticks crit for 30-35k every ~0,9 seconds on high resilience targets. I wouldn't use Xuen though, not even in 2s, Chi Torpedo is too good and you do enough damage without Xuen.
    My CJL ticks for that on target dummies. What on Earth is your Intellect at?

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    You keep saying that i am Factually wrong. Show me concise evidence, not just information based on your thoughts. Maybe a couple sources will support your claims that everyone with the OPINION that monks are better than Rsham can be enlightened.
    If you havn't got it in like the last 4 posts yet, with factually wrong I'm talking about your statements as regard to anti cc and to prove them just log onto your monk and try them out or read the tooltips of the spells.
    As regard to who is better overall I didn't say that is a fact. Depends on what you lay your focus on and how much you weigh the different pvp options in the game (2on2, 3on3, 5on5, rbg, random bg, maybe even world pvp). But the majority of the people consider shaman better overall. You can see it in the first posts of this thread and there were already like 2 or 3 previous threads with the same topic in which i guess ~75% said shaman is better. But to mention it again the topic who is better overall, healmonk or shaman, is NOT a topic where there is a 100% answer the one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    MW must stack as much intellect as possible so it would be a lot.

For my char I have the highest intellect possible - except for set boni, there I gemmed 80int/xxx for getting them. I have 2 professions which give 320int, I have 160 int in every red socket and 80int/xxx in every other colour. Additionally I use the Shado Pan trinket with 1487 int (and you get 10% more int overall from armor specialization and selfbuff).
    My armory shows 16215 int which should be a little bit over 17000 int selfbuffed.
    And Jade Spirit procs very often too, so the 35k crits on high resilience targets are probably with jade spirit.

If you havn't got it in like the last 4 posts yet, with factually wrong I'm talking about your statements as regard to anti cc and to prove them just log onto your monk and try them out or read the tooltips of the spells.
    As regard to who is better overall I didn't say that is a fact. Depends on what you lay your focus on and how much you weigh the different pvp options in the game (2on2, 3on3, 5on5, rbg, random bg, maybe even world pvp). But the majority of the people consider shaman better overall. You can see it in the first posts of this thread and there were already like 2 or 3 previous threads with the same topic in which i guess ~75% said shaman is better. But to mention it again the topic who is better overall, healmonk or shaman, is NOT a topic where there is a 100% answer the one or the other.
    YES. middle ground. I can agree with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    For my char I have the highest intellect possible - except for set boni, there I gemmed 80int/xxx for getting them. I have 2 professions which give 320int, I have 160 int in every red socket and 80int/xxx in every other colour. Additionally I use the Shado Pan trinket with 1487 int (and you get 10% more int overall from armor specialization and selfbuff).
    My armory shows 16215 int which should be a little bit over 17000 int selfbuffed.
    And Jade Spirit procs very often too, so the 35k crits on high resilience targets are probably with jade spirit.
    Running with 15300 Int self-buffed. My trinkets are [Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault] and [Scroll of Revered Ancestors]. Are you suggesting I replace [Willful Vermilion Onyx] for 160 Intellect gems in every Red slot + belt buckle? That's quite the Resi drop.

Running with 15300 Int self-buffed. My trinkets are [Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault] and [Scroll of Revered Ancestors]. Are you suggesting I replace [Willful Vermilion Onyx] for 160 Intellect gems in every Red slot + belt buckle? That's quite the Resi drop.
    When it comes to gems there is no best way. You have to consider two things first: spirit and resilience. Depending on how comfortable you are with your char, how good your gear is and what your playstyle is like, you gem as much spirit and resilience until you don't go oom and don't die. After that you go for healing output and until 5.3 int is your best healing stat.
    Because monks have such a good mana management and high survivability 3 gems with 80int/160 spirit and 80int/160 resilience each works for me to not go oom and not die. I've seen other high rated monks that have like 1500 spirit or 1500 resilience more than me. Really depends on what you are comfortable with.

Go Monk. Imo they're the best healer in the game if not 2nd, and with the ROP change and ability to use Nimble brew as a MW are going to make them alot stronger then they already are now. Also I'd argue that Revival might be the best cooldown in the game, next to heroism/bl.

2v2 = arguably the best healer
    3v3 = Not great, but with the nimble brew 5.3 buff and ROP change you'll see more
    RBG = Hands down the best healer. You need a MW monk just as much as you need a DK or Boomy. ROP and Revival combined can be game changers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Also I'd argue that Revival might be the best cooldown in the game, next to heroism/bl.
    Just don't forget to use diffuse magic before using revival against affli locks

If you prefer arena's over rated battlegrounds, I would go shaman over monk by far considering their current status at the moment. But MW monks are pretty good at healing mass members of a raid group in BGs

Deleted
    This is just my opinion, this is not a fact, ok?

This game was never for me about playing the most op class/spec combo and i do belive every class will have the time to shine, present or future.

I started to play rbg and arena casual on my monk, and i really love my spells and cooldowns. Whats bad for someone else may be good for you. Also consider whats comming in the future, if you struggle hard now will make you have great training and will only make future fixes more powerful for those that really learnt to play without those.

Yah im talking about monk.

Stay with what you enjoy most. Be aware that shamans probably will be brought down to be par with other healers due to the big representation, and monks will probably be changed to be brought up to be par with other healers due there low representation.

Besy regards

15+ Year Old Account
    In rbgs go monk, in arena(higher then 2v2) go shaman.

As for the anit-cc thing monks are the best healer while silenced(excluding am). You can use chi torpedo, sck, and fistweave and those all will heal you while silenced. So right now we are not good for arenas but next patch I think we will.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I love how rop is going to be a blanket silence now. People see it as a nerf but once they start getting shit on by it then the QQ will roll in.

thanks so much for all or your input ive been away for a week hence me not replying sooner !
    i think the problem is im a big fan of both of the classes but dont really have the time to be competitive on both
    just a rwal hard choice

By looking at the class representation and my personal experience (2.2k+ 2v2,3v3 and RBG), gonna say what most of the posters have stated,

2v2 Monk
    3v3 Shaman
    5v5 Shaman
    RBG Shaman/Monk
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: When do hunters get to tame druids?
    A: Right after druids get a hunter form.

Hey Guys/Gals

I am currently stuck on if i should stay with MW Monk or Reroll Shaman, I got 2k with my MW Monk in 3s but i feel that i can do way better and that MW Monk is holding me back. I feel that every other healer has something that MW don't, and idk what that thing is lol!. Hopefully Nimble Brew helps them out, but i'm doubtful that it will. This is more long term thing, and i think Rshaman is/always has been the better healer long term. I guess i should go on the PTR and see how things are. Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by robcat93 View Post
    Hey Guys/Gals

I am currently stuck on if i should stay with MW Monk or Reroll Shaman, I got 2k with my MW Monk in 3s but i feel that i can do way better and that MW Monk is holding me back. I feel that every other healer has something that MW don't, and idk what that thing is lol!. Hopefully Nimble Brew helps them out, but i'm doubtful that it will. This is more long term thing, and i think Rshaman is/always has been the better healer long term. I guess i should go on the PTR and see how things are. Opinions?
    If you are only talking about 3on3, Shaman is obviously much better at the moment. If the changes from the ptr go live as they are now (nimble brew + RoP change) you should be very competitive with MW (even overpowered in my opinion).
    To say that shaman has always been the better healer is pretty pointless, because monks have only been around since MoP.
    The safer bet would probably be Shaman, because its spells were finetuned over a long period of time. Without a complete class overhaul healmonks are very hard to balance (in my opinion) and blizzard won't do a class overhaul for pve reasons. They have many "ridiculous" spells/skills (like Ring of Peace, Dematerialize, Diffuse Magic, Revival, Healing Spheres...) and therefore tend to be either extremely good or extremely bad in different categories in pvp. So there is only a really small line in which the class would be balanced. And since we know that blizzard has no clue how to balance the game in pvp whatsoever I wouldn't bet on healmonks being balanced anytime in the near future.