Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Landsoul's DPS Warrior Spreadsheet Closed BETA

Do you want to participate in a closed beta of the new Warrior DPS spreadsheet by Landsoul coming soon for the opening of 5.2?

You will be testing to destruction features such as:

• Interface
    • Battle.net character upload
    • Automatic reforging and gemming
    • 5.2 item bank // comparison
    • Full combat simulation and settings
    • Simulation Analytics
    • Ability damage calculator // equator
    • And More...

As a tester, you are expected to do any of the following:

• Troubleshoot or Improve Optimal Combat Logic
    • Discuss Analytic Techniques
    • Suggest Features
    • Find bugs or Typos
    • Participate in development discussion
    • Etc.

To gain access to the closed beta, email WarriorDPSbeta@gmail.com, using an email address that may be registered on the testing forums, short responses to the following items:

Your main Warriors' name, server, and region:

In a few sentences, describe your experience as a DPS Warrior, Arms or Fury:

During which expansions have you used Landsoul's Warrior DPS Spreadsheet before:

Briefly describe, if any, coding experience or training you may have:

On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being Ninja Assassin), what is your familiarity with Excel or VB:

Have you taken any 300 level or higher math courses in college? For example, Proofs or Combinatorics:

How likely are you to keep up with frequent game and spreadsheet updates being released throughout 5.2 PTR:

If you watch my stream at twitch.tv/landsoul_vodka, what is your twitch user name and how often do you watch:

Simply copy and paste these and respond to them. Note, I am looking for a wide variety of experience including the average WoW player, so if you feel you are a common Joe don't worry. The above are not critera, only simple questions. Based on your responses, you may be selected to participate and be e-mailed a testing agreement that should be fully understood and signed. Upon returning the signed agreement, instructions on how to obtain the file, receive updates, and gain access to the testing forum will be sent to you on Monday, January 21. Applications received after this date will still be considered as needed.

And please, tell your friends. Feel free to ask questions.

Sincerely,
    Last edited by Landsoul; 2013-01-19 at 12:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    ilu landsoul.

I've been watching and re-watching your streams like crazy lately trying to eyeball the spreadsheet, waiting for this glorious day to arrive. The spreadsheets have always been a great help and I've really been looking forward to the changes and additional features that you were adding into this one. Keep up the good work, and on behalf of all of us, thank you so much for taking the time to develop it!

Happy to hear it, FruityJuicin.

Deleted
    I approve

Zblob

Awesome, absolutely offering to help out in any capacity i can, email sent.

/bow Keep up the good work as always, Landsoul.
    Hi Sephurik

Keep the mails coming. More room in my arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a second I thought you wrote "More room for arms" and I got all excited because I enjoy the way arms flows better than fury currently, but my hopes were crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    Keep the mails coming. More room in my arms.
    Dem Landsoul arms.

Looking forward to the spreadsheet!

The spreadsheet is for Arms, as well.

I am looking forward to seeing this Spreadsheet hit open release.
    Chapterhouse#1107
    Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    The spreadsheet is for Arms, as well.
    Have you figured out a way to solve the sudden death problem?

Yes, I moved from a mostly stochastic process model to a full simulation.

I am still taking signups for the first round, please if you know anyone who would be a good tester / contributor send them my way!

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzelkazoo View Post
    I've been watching and re-watching your streams like crazy lately trying to eyeball the spreadsheet, waiting for this glorious day to arrive. The spreadsheets have always been a great help and I've really been looking forward to the changes and additional features that you were adding into this one. Keep up the good work, and on behalf of all of us, thank you so much for taking the time to develop it!
    I've really enjoyed/appreciated Landsoul's spreadsheet in the past also, but I believe it's going to be a thing of the past now, unfortunately.

We're 6 months into MoP, 5.1 content is finished for most, and no sign of a new mop spreadsheet being released to the public. Also, a few weeks ago Landsoul got a job, I believe he was a student/unemployed before this). If he couldn't finish it before his new job, I doubt very much he will be able to update it and actually release it anytime soon.

5.2 introduces many changes to arms, not so many to fury, but with his busy schedule with his new job, we'll be lucky to see his spreadsheet until 5.2 content is totally cleared most likely.

I think we can all join in and tip our hats for the work/effort/skill/love he has invested into the previous spreadsheets though, I was really glad to see him get his own ingame item named after him.

Deleted
    Landsoul you sir have beed an inspiration to me and a great mentor in the ways of the warrior
    thnx to u i got shadowmourne back in the day and again thanks to u and the allmighty spreadsheet and rotation tips i held record dmg on my realm for months
    I stopped playing after mists but i follow ur work closely and hats down to ur determination

Warrior specs!

HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodomizer View Post
    Landsoul you sir have beed an inspiration to me and a great mentor in the ways of the warrior
    thnx to u i got shadowmourne back in the day and again thanks to u and the allmighty spreadsheet and rotation tips i held record dmg on my realm for months
    I stopped playing after mists but i follow ur work closely and hats down to ur determination
    So, is the spreadsheet just dead?