Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    Got the helm tier piece from LFR yesterday and felt horrible about getting the Protection piece over the amazingly itemized Ret piece just because of the Protection 2pc bonus.

Blizzard, please learn that we want Haste on at least our tier tank pieces!
    2pc isn't that great.

Deleted
    I'm ignoring the 2/4pc, going retri chest/helm, prot shoulders, durumu legs and prim gloves, seems only thing that does decent damage on you is horridon hc in rampage..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
    I'm ignoring the 2/4pc, going retri chest/helm, prot shoulders, durumu legs and prim gloves, seems only thing that does decent damage on you is horridon hc in rampage..
    Same, ignoring them.

@Celinamuna

AV=HA? Or am I just confused here.

Either way, yeah what you said, but SW should result in the lowest uptime. The uptime should be highest with DP with HA being the middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
    WRT Horridon heroic: is it just the Triple Puncture that will kill you every 15 seconds, or is it also the melee swing?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    WRT Horridon heroic: is it just the Triple Puncture that will kill you every 15 seconds, or is it also the melee swing?
    Rampage melee is no joke. On our last kill, I was getting hit harder by melee than TP (probably in large part because of ShotR planning for TP as priority).
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Hey would Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (the one with 1467 expertise and a 8,800 proc) be better than Vial of Dragons Blood?

Im going control haste and looking to spend my VP on something but ive got everything else from the vp vendor apart from the legs and gloves because well their bad, don't know how uselful strength is tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    Hey would Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (the one with 1467 expertise and a 8,800 proc) be better than Vial of Dragons Blood?

Im going control haste and looking to spend my VP on something but ive got everything else from the vp vendor apart from the legs and gloves because well their bad, don't know how uselful strength is tbh
    Are you using Vial of Dragons Blood? :P

Get a ghost iron dragonling instead, the dragons blood is the worst trinket you can possibly have. There are green trinkets that are better.

And yes, the brutal talisman is insanely a lot better than the vial and strength is far more useful than dodge so it is not even a debate there.

So either get a dragonling or a talisman, those are more close to eachother than the vial is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post

Anything is better than Vial.

STR is equal to Parry rating (well, close enough) and contributes to damage. Ideally, on-use trinkets allow for the best use of their effects, since proc's can and will occur when you are not tanking, not on-boss, etc. But, STR procs are at least not useless when you aren't tanking (unlike avoidance procs, like Vial), since they'll provide some DPS.

If you can use the expertise and/or reforge it to haste, it is a very good option.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Are you using Vial of Dragons Blood? :P

Get a ghost iron dragonling instead, the dragons blood is the worst trinket you can possibly have. There are green trinkets that are better.

And yes, the brutal talisman is insanely a lot better than the vial and strength is far more useful than dodge so it is not even a debate there.

So either get a dragonling or a talisman, those are more close to eachother than the vial is.
    maybe...

The bad thing is I remember reading you saying that before and i sold it when i got it on LFR, stopped for a while due to work but started again and did the first 6 bosses of ToT and got like the hulk, hopefully tonight would be better

Thanks anyway

Deleted
    Feels like people are just looking at the item levels of items, not the actual stats. Just because a trinket is labeled "protection" and got 476 ilvl doesnt automatically make it better than a 429 green trinket. The dragonsblood is literally as bad as protection trinkets come, or well, the darkmoon card trinket before they changed it

Deleted
    Feels like people are just looking at the item levels of items, not the actual stats. Just because a trinket is labeled "protection" and got 476 ilvl doesnt automatically make it better than a 429 green trinket. The dragonsblood is literally as bad as protection trinkets come, or well, the darkmoon card trinket before they changed it
    Heh literally bought the DMC tanking one when i got my paladin to 90 thinking 'oh ilvl.. must be good' then i actually read up on paladins fucked up stat weights

Deleted
    I dont think paladin stat weights are fucked up. Never enjoyed paladin tanking this much. Imo they are at the best place they have ever been. Only dps QQs.

I dont think paladin stat weights are fucked up. Never enjoyed paladin tanking this much. Imo they are at the best place they have ever been. Only dps QQs.
    And people who still think the Dungeons & Dragons model for tanking is the only correct model.

Times change, games change. Adapt and embrace, or be sad and subpar.

I agree, this is certainly the most fun tanking I've had since ever. Feels like a useful contribution to the raid through both damage output AND healing contribution instead of a meat shield, and AM rewards smart play (and punishes poor play) allowing for a skill cap that was previously nonexistant in the tanking world.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Haha im not saying its bad it was just a shock as I used to tank with a paladin but changed to a monk in mists ( I was all about the WoL ranks back in DS on my paladin and as i played a monk i like the deeps), I was just unprepared for them until i looked them up xD

It's kind of annoying having to change to retri and shit all the time but thats changing soon in an upcoming patch and tbh i like the paladin tanking right now, the reason i stopped playing paladin was because it was so boring, all you had to do was press CDs and stand there being bored lol

You mean 9-6-9-6-9 while watching youtube WASN'T compelling gameplay?
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    You mean 9-6-9-6-9 while watching youtube WASN'T compelling gameplay?
    Gotta love a bit of good ol' 69'in

I recently picked up the Shado-Pan str proc trinket and my dps has skyrocketed. After Council this past week, one of our dps looks at meters and goes, "Wait...how the hell is 'paulleedot' doing that."

Felt nice hitting 200k dps for a few seconds on Lei-Shen after popping all cooldowns/trinkets.

Wait til you get:
    1) HC Spark of Zandalar
    2) HC Fabled Feather of JiKun
    3) Capacitive Primal Diamond

Prot Paladin burst on fights like HC Horridon or HC Iron Qon is upwards of 600k

WITH 30% of that as healing /trololol
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Horridon melees for 400k without a sotr up, currently i got 61k armor. But this is 10man. I tanked him constantly with a CD up, cleaned stacks twice at around 6-7 punctures. dp, ha, dp, ardent, kings, sacrifice dp pain supp, vigilance. (for vigi and sacrifice, they need to pop a cd, because they will most likley die if theres one of those funny puncture+call+melee hit combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Wait til you get:
    1) HC Spark of Zandalar
    2) HC Fabled Feather of JiKun
    3) Capacitive Primal Diamond

Prot Paladin burst on fights like HC Horridon or HC Iron Qon is upwards of 600k

WITH 30% of that as healing /trololol
    AS does not procc battle healer.