Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brolother View Post
    Blood Elves aren't just white night elves
    True. There's been about 10,000 years of time for them to evolve.

High elves wouldn't be just blue-eyed Blood Elves.
    False. There's been about 5 years for them to evolve. Outside of the ones that became wretched or were gluttons on demonic magic (those red-skinned fel-elves (felves?)) they're basically the same, bar eye colour. Goblins and Worgen were updated, sure, but that wasn't to differentiate them from High Worgen or Blood Goblins.

i actually wouldnt mind the high elves being like that but ogres dont need to be added anything, the increase in intellect is permanent after a set amount of exposure and they can make other ogres smart by giving them staffs with a crystal on it so theres really no need for ogres to have things jammed into them other than it might look cool
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Both High elves and Blood elves were a night elf reskin in classic. The model was changed when Blood Elves released as playable, no reason couldn't do the same with High elves too.
    Well yes, but they could argue that based on the fact that they had 10k years of evolution on different paths. High elves from Blood elves have like what, 5 years tops? And blood elves haven't mutated, only change in them was green eyes from absorbing fel magic. So the only choice is mutating the other guys.

Bringing high elves or half elves would just make the Alliance races less and less interesting. I mean you'd have humans, dwarves, small humans(gnomes), humans with long ears (high elves)... and only from then do the other races save the Alliance a bit. High elves are simply too similar to both blood elves and to other Alliance races. That's why you will probably never see them in their current incarnation.

That's my opinion at least.

The idea that high elves would look just like blood elves is absurd. We all know Blizzard wouldn't release that class the way everyone has described. They COMPLETELY redid goblins and worgen even though they already had models, so chances are High Elves would get new models as well. Blood Elves aren't just white night elves, High elves wouldn't be just blue-eyed Blood Elves.
    Blood elves aren't white night elves because there's such a great difference in evolution time for both races. For high elves and blood elves there is not.
    High elves ARE exactly that, blue eyed and a little ligher blood elves. There is no other difference in looks and can't be unless they mutate. None. This would be like when we got to Outland the humans there would have looked like ... vrykul because of the 10 years or so the humans of Azeroth were separated from them. They couldn't, because it's impossible.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Blood elves aren't white night elves
    Not anymore, but they were before BC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidHexley View Post
    Cho'Gall, and other Ogres like him are outliers, the Ogre magi are known to be a cut above the typical Ogre. We've clearly seen in game that many Ogres can't even form proper sentences, how are they supposed to be taken seriously as adventurers? Though there are some that aren't too dumb, is it enough to justify a large number of Ogres independently operating as Horde freelancers around the world? There would have to be something particular about the playable Ogres separating them from the typical Ogres we encounter throughout Azeroth and Outland
    As i explained before:

In Ogrila there's an ogre that explain that, is not that the Ogres are dumb is just that the chosed not to use their head (or heads), so you put that Ogre as Rexxar right hand and make him teach the Ogres their old ways...

The idea that high elves would look just like blood elves is absurd. We all know Blizzard wouldn't release that class the way everyone has described. They COMPLETELY redid goblins and worgen even though they already had models, so chances are High Elves would get new models as well. Blood Elves aren't just white night elves, High elves wouldn't be just blue-eyed Blood Elves.
    No, the idea that they would look different is absurd. They're the same damn race, just different political faction in it. You might as well claim that europeans looking like americans is absurd.

Any change you make to the High Elves, you'd also have to make to the blood elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Not anymore, but they were before BC
    Ingame models yes. In lore they look a lot different.

10+ Year Old Account
    And blood elves haven't mutated, only change in them was green eyes from absorbing fel magic. So the only choice is mutating the other guys.

Blood elves aren't white night elves because there's such a great difference in evolution time for both races. For high elves and blood elves there is not.
    High elves ARE exactly that, blue eyed and a little ligher blood elves. There is no other difference in looks and can't be unless they mutate. None.
    Interesting idea ... maybe those who should mutate are the blood elves ... after all they are who have the demonic taint in each of their cells ... In fact, now would be the perfect time, since Blizzard is going to redo their models. It would just a slightly progress to the right in this comparison:

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Any change you make to the High Elves, you'd also have to make to the blood elves.
    Why? Blood Elves distanced themselves from their ancestral purity at the time that polluted their bodies with demonic magic. The high elves are still pure Quel'dorei.

Imagine that in the next expansion with the return of the Burning Legion the Blood Elves begin to experience a physical reaction triggered intentionally by the Legion itself.

In short: Blizzard has a boundless imagination to make possible once and for all the dream of many people: to have the high elves in the Alliance as a fully recognized and playable race.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Ingame models yes. In lore they look a lot different.
    Right. Which reminds me that the High Elf models currently available in the game are merely placeholders based on the Blood Elves models, as in the Vanilla they used placeholders based on the Night Elves models like these.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Interesting idea ... maybe those who should mutate are the blood elves ... after all they are who have the demonic taint in each of their cells ... In fact, now would be the perfect time, since Blizzard is going to redo their models. It would just a slightly progress to the right in this comparison:

Right. Which reminds me that the High Elf models currently available in the game are merely placeholders based on the Blood Elves models, as in the Vanilla they used placeholders based on the Night Elves models like these.
    But then the people who play blood elves would be unhappy since from their race of nice looking pointed eared humans they're now playing horned red/black demons. And many would reroll high elves, thus making the population imbalance even worse then if regular high elves copy pasted from blood elves would be introduced.
    Also, since the end of BC the Sunwell, the power of the blood elves, is powered by Light magic. So they couldn't really go more down that scale as they no longer need fel magic, having their Sunwell reignited with Light magic. If anything, they would go back to having blue eyes back.

As for second part, in Classic they didn't bother to make models for high elves, even if in lore they're different. Similar how worgen don't look like Classic worgen, goblins don't look like Classic goblins etc. They just made night elves white(which are really creepy). When they did decide to introduce blood elves, they could change the model because one could easily argue that 10000 years of separation might have led two people in different directions. But in 5 years... in 5 years there isn't even a new generation born. Look at orcs, some of the most tainted by fel magic in their own generation, they barely got green. Yes, those that joined the Legion... got red. You had to have super fel concentration, magic and different potions to make the orc like the one in the Black Temple, only then did the differences from him and regular orcs show.

Lovely idea but something that bugs me

Ethereal

Not Etherial or Etheral.

Also, I'm with the "theres too many gawd damn long-eared pansy elves in this game already" crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Lovely idea but something that bugs me

Ethereal

Not Etherial or Etheral.

Also, I'm with the "theres too many gawd damn long-eared pansy elves in this game already" crowd.
    Ok, my bad, I admit I always spelled them "etherals". Kind of late to correct the title, I'll try to correct in the text.

Or you know just like...Ethereals and Ogres.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Or you know just like...Ethereals and Ogres.
    But then what about high elves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    That's easy one. Let's say that due arrival of legion, there was outbreak of mana-diabetes. Every magical creature that doesnt have fel-vaccine will die in horrible torment. While every normal spellcaster just take a lick from friendly warlock, most high elves are too stubborn to take it and the all die in agonizing discomfort. Those who take it realise how full of bullshit they were and join blood elves as they should have many years ago. It would have amazing role-playing scene with Vereesa dying in her bed with jaina standing over her. "pull off the plug jaina, do it for me" vereesa said. Jaina nodded as she knew there was no redemption for her friend. "For the alliance" was veressa's last words, as mana-diabetes claimed its most prominent victim. And here you are happy end and one problem less.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it is true that there is a majority of people who want the High Elves as a playable race for the Alliance, you also have to keep in mind that there is a certain amount of people who do not want to hear about the High Elves, either because they are members of the Horde and consider it an attack upon the originality of their blood elves or because they simply hate the elves as a race.

But we do know what happened to all those people that said that Pandaren would never be playable because they were a joke race, and what will happen when the Naga are playable ...

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    That's easy one. Let's say that due arrival of legion, there was outbreak of mana-diabetes. Every magical creature that doesnt have fel-vaccine will die in horrible torment. While every normal spellcaster just take a lick from friendly warlock, most high elves are too stubborn to take it and the all die in agonizing discomfort. Those who take it realise how full of bullshit they were and join blood elves as they should have many years ago. It would have amazing role-playing scene with Vereesa dying in her bed with jaina standing over her. "pull off the plug jaina, do it for me" vereesa said. Jaina nodded as she knew there was no redemption for her friend. "For the alliance" was veressa's last words, as mana-diabetes claimed its most prominent victim. And here you are happy end and one problem less.
    I have a better idea:

What if with the coming of the Burning Legion, the demons perceive the fel magic that is in each one of the cells of the blood elves and use it to inflict agonizing pain until cause death to all the Sin'dorei, this way the blood elves would be out of the picture, and the High Elves could shine and recover Silvermoon (of course changing the crimson and gold colors by the aquamarine, turquoise and silver colors and interchanging the golden fenix by silver unicorns ...)

To add to the argument about Ogre Inteilligence, Draz'Zilb of the Stonemaul Ogres is very inteilligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite an interesting read.
    If only I could see how there will be yet another race (let alone two) added to the game. Something inside me tells me, that we won't see another new race anytime soon anymore, if any at all. Another hero class I consider more likely to happen, than another race.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    While it is true that there is a majority of people who want the High Elves as a playable race for the Alliance, you also have to keep in mind that there is a certain amount of people who do not want to hear about the High Elves, either because they are members of the Horde and consider it an attack upon the originality of their blood elves or because they simply hate the elves as a race.

But we do know what happened to all those people that said that Pandaren would never be playable because they were a joke race, and what will happen when the Naga are playable ...

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 12:05 PM ----------

I have a better idea:

What if with the coming of the Burning Legion, the demons perceive the fel magic that is in each one of the cells of the blood elves and use it to inflict agonizing pain until cause death to all the Sin'dorei, this way the blood elves would be out of the picture, and the High Elves could shine and recover Silvermoon (of course changing the crimson and gold colors by the aquamarine, turquoise and silver colors and interchanging the golden fenix by silver unicorns ...)
    Nah that silly. Blood elves have solid lore, are significant to plot, and have big playerbase. High elves are pretty much pointless plot hole, no lore, and they role is basically chaindogs of humans. Also there is between like 5-10 people who care about them. So exterminatus on high elves is best idea.

Deleted
    So what would you like to see more, Ethereals and Ogres or High Elves and Ogres ?

Ethereals are shrouded in mystery scattered across the universe, something completely new. And High Elves... are High Elves, besides the fact we have 2 Elven races already playable.

I would like to see Ethereals before High Elves everyday.

But the Crystal Ogre Idea ? Damn I like, that would actually be something I would consider playing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ogri'la residents used crystals to achieve enlightenment without being infused by them.
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Ethereals are shrouded in mystery scattered across the universe, something completely new. And High Elves... are High Elves, besides the fact we have 2 Elven races already playable.
    Why not the already existing Ethereals then? K'aresh is a desert planet and could have architecture like this or this, for it's diversity WoW is lacking in middle-eastern inspired races. I'd rather see traditional High Elves and Ogres to their respective factions with Ethereal a neutral race like Pandaren.