Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    As far as I noticed, you're racist only if you're white. Calling someone "cracker" while being anything but white seems widely accepted and doesn't count as being racist. Also the wide acceptance of black power and the likes. Yeah, those calling out on racism tend to be by default hypocrites because they wouldn't even notice what I just mentioned.

This guy kinda proves my point.
    It's not that you can't express racism if you're a minority, it's that it doesn't matter, because you have very little power. White people are by far the most powerful group in the US, so the systemic racism that is incorporated in to our culture has a real impact on people's lives. What impact does some black dude calling you a cracker have? Oh no he hurt your feelers. Grow a pair. On the other hand what does growing up with black skin do in a culture that systematically promotes black people less, is far more likely to put them in to prison, etc? The point is the impact of different people doing it is simply not the same.

People don't care about someone shouting black power because there isn't much of it.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    It's not that you can't express racism if you're a minority, it's that it doesn't matter, because you have very little power. White people are by far the most powerful group in the US, so the systemic racism that is incorporated in to our culture has a real impact on people's lives. What impact does some black dude calling you a cracker have? Oh no he hurt your feelers. Grow a pair. On the other hand what does growing up with black skin do in a culture that systematically promotes black people less, is far more likely to put them in to prison, etc? The point is the impact of different people doing it is simply not the same.

People don't care about someone shouting black power because there isn't much of it.
    Shouldn't commit crimes if you don't want to go to prison, logic folks.

Too late?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy kinda proves my point.
    His point you missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post

If that's the case, then they all should grow an instant pair when called "nigger" face to face, instead of running for cover behind the racism card. If it's illegal, it is both ways, regardless of what race is at the receiving end.

People don't care about someone shouting black power not because there isnt much of it, you don't see people yelling white power too much these days either, those days are long gone, but because ppl don't care. Because white people are not directly offended by racism acts (so you can say they already have their pair, they just expect everyone else to grow some too). I don't know how for example asians regard that, but whites don't bother UNTIL those people get on hypocrite ground.

All this " What impact does some black dude calling you a cracker have? Oh no he hurt your feelers. Grow a pair." attitude towards racism against whites is based mostly on history and what racist acts white people did. Something present day people are NOT guilty of, thus should not have to put up with such things.

And bottom line, you proved my point spot on.

No. In fact I don't think any group of people have proven themselves worthy of respect. We need to learn as a people to care less about name calling and care more about sticks and stones throwing.

Deleted
    Racism is vile. I can however understand the disgust towards some cultures, but that isn't racism. You aren't supposed to bring your culture towards the place you emigrate in anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-04-20 at 06:35 PM.

So I'm guessing bumping a 3 month old thread from a now banned OP isn't a necro?

Deleted
    As long as you're not actively hurting anyone, be it physically or emotionally, then go on ahead and be whatever you want to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    As long as you're not actively hurting anyone, be it physically or emotionally, then go on ahead and be whatever you want to be.
    That would basically mean people could be as racist as they want as long as they dont talk about it, do anything about or change their lives in any noticeable way.

While this sounds reasonable, doesn't it sort of defeat the entire purpose of something as blatantly unreasonable as racism in the first place? I mean, if racists were open to new, rational concepts and logical understanding, there probably wouldn't be racism to begin with.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    So I'm guessing bumping a 3 month old thread from a now banned OP isn't a necro?
    Yeah, I got infracted, thanks.

"Thread Necromancy", didn't notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    It is human nature to be wary of people that are different, until you can change human nature we will all continue to be a little racist. My best friend is black, we have probably saved each others lives a few times, but I still cannot help but be a bit wary when I see a group of 5 black lads hanging around a street corner.

I cant help but be wary when i see a group of 5 lads hanging around a street corner, regardless of skin colour. Its a natural survival instinct to be apprehensive of the unknown. If they happen to not be white it does not mean i'm racist even in a mild way.

Edit: doh, failed to notice this was a necrothread
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

So now that people are discussing the topic again, does that make it alright to continue using the thread; or is considered collaborative thread-necromancy?
    __

I am typically more attracted to women of other races. I am very apprehensive about cultural differences in their families though, and how said family might feel about their daughter getting her interracial on with me.
    __

The OP and anyone like him (my brother included) is a jackass.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2013-04-20 at 09:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravijn View Post
    Well, technically laundry is racist because you have to separate the colored clothes from the white clothes.
    As long as the whites and coloreds are in separate but equal laundry machines, I don't see how this is a problem.
    Putin khuliyo

As far as I noticed, you're racist only if you're white. Calling someone "cracker" while being anything but white seems widely accepted and doesn't count as being racist. Also the wide acceptance of black power and the likes. Yeah, those calling out on racism tend to be by default hypocrites because they wouldn't even notice what I just mentioned.
    I see this brought up all the time, but I have to ask: do people seriously believe that? I mean, when you hear someone calling a white person "cracker" you know full well he's making a racist comment...just as when you hear someone calling a black person "nigger." So where does this supposed hypocrisy come in?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    It is human nature to be wary of people that are different, until you can change human nature we will all continue to be a little racist. My best friend is black, we have probably saved each others lives a few times, but I still cannot help but be a bit wary when I see a group of 5 black lads hanging around a street corner.
    This doesn't really make sense to me, this is an old thread but really? Five lads of any race I would be wary of, why is it because they're black suddenly it's extra worrying?

Quote Originally Posted by JW1984BE View Post
    Yeah, I got infracted, thanks.

"Thread Necromancy", didn't notice.
    God help you if you started a new thread, though.

"There's already a topic like this six pages back. Why didn't you use that? Infracted."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I see this brought up all the time, but I have to ask: do people seriously believe that? I mean, when you hear someone calling a white person "cracker" you know full well he's making a racist comment...just as when you hear someone calling a black person "nigger." So where does this supposed hypocrisy come in?
    It's not really something that you're going to find much logic in. A black (etc) dude calling white people "Crackers" is not only widely socially accepted, but they say it on things like public television, radio and comedy all the time. The racial intention is obviously there, but no offense is taken, at least not on a widely acknowledged scale.

Black student at school, for example, calls a white guy a cracker? Congratulations, he's a comedian and everyone laughs, including the white target. However, if Mr White in this instance decides to turn around and counter with anything SLIGHTLY racist, everyone gasps and falls silent. Potential fights, threats, the white kid in suspended, etc etc. Its just kind of the way things are, at least around here. I don't really see anyone standing up and pushing for a change, either.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This doesn't really make sense to me, this is an old thread but really? Five lads of any race I would be wary of, why is it because they're black suddenly it's extra worrying?
    I'd say because of the media, every time I see mention of a robbery or shooting on the news the media blows up on it if it's done by a minority, doesn't mean it's right but it definitely doesn't help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    God help you if you started a new thread, though.

"There's already a topic like this six pages back. Why didn't you use that? Infracted."
    I was thinking at this as the page was loading. Well done.