Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoW Farming Cata Greens 9,000g per hour

Hello guys , this is a guide on how to farm Cata greens in Blackrock Caverns which is still by far the best place for getting lvl 77-79 greens.

Each run ( takes 6-7mins )
    4-10 greens depending on how lucky you are , Some runs i got 4 where others i got 11+ normally each of those green armor will go for 100-400g & weapons for 300-500g, you will get some grays that is worth 100-400g & 1-2stacks of embersilk cloth. this is a really good method to make gold as it will take u notime to farm them , they sell for crazy prices & there is very low competition on AH regarding those items. I would suggest you try 5-10runs & post your results just to know if it is worth it for you or not . In this video i will explain which bosses to kill & which to skip in order to maximize the trash u kill & the greens u get.Please note that it takes 1-2 days for those greens to sell but they do sell at crazy prices , if the competition is low you can sell each at 400-500g & many ppl will still buy them just because they are 10x better than wotlk gear making lvling & bgs fun.

Neat, i will give it a try. Thanks!

On my realm i dust them as the dust is worth about 350 a stack. Is there any reason to why these greens would sell ?
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    On my realm i dust them as the dust is worth about 350 a stack. Is there any reason to why these greens would sell ?
    ilevel is very high at lvl 78, its like ilevel 308vs128 or something making it interesting for leveling and mostly pvp

Cata greens for sub 80s sell like crazy because they allow you to make broken twinks. The 75-79 bracket is a very popular twinking bracket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Cata greens for sub 80s sell like crazy because they allow you to make broken twinks. The 75-79 bracket is a very popular twinking bracket.
    Depends entirely on the server. I used to try this (though I gained my greens from a more...shady source), posting only the ones with choice stats, and on my server I hardly made any sales. The choice twink bracket on my server is 80-84, about the only people who seemed to be buying my greens were people who wanted a leg up on leveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Boosting ilvl to get into Cata dungeons? There might be a twink market too. I have some 78-80 greens from leveling an alt that I still havent tried to sell since I wasnt sure people still bought them for that much.

Hypnotic dust is crazy expensive now. Its killing me that I have a guildbank tab full on a bankalt on an expired account. I waiting for a new SoR, then Ill unload it for a huge profit. The stuff was like dirt in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Boosting ilvl to get into Cata dungeons? There might be a twink market too. I have some 78-80 greens from leveling an alt that I still havent tried to sell since I wasnt sure people still bought them for that much.

Hypnotic dust is crazy expensive now. Its killing me that I have a guildbank tab full on a bankalt on an expired account. I waiting for a new SoR, then Ill unload it for a huge profit. The stuff was like dirt in Cata.
    Yeah i wonder if spirit dust will follow suit.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    do people actually buy cata greens? i was going to buy some on my alt while leveling in northrend, realised they were like 500g each on the ah and decided not to.

That is really cool, thanks for sharing the vid!!

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    do people actually buy cata greens? i was going to buy some on my alt while leveling in northrend, realised they were like 500g each on the ah and decided not to.
    ya many ppl actually buy them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Believe me they do sell. I've been selling greens ( at first cata ones then I included mop ones also) since mid cata. Altho I maybe overprice stuff seen as people in this thread post their greens for less but as long as it is selling I'm ok.
    On some days i dont sell a single green but when someone gets in range where they want/need those greens i sell about 10 of them with a price range of 400-600g.
    Edit: If someone doesnt like running dungeon or w/e. You could try good ol' Verlock Stand in Deepholm.With treasure finding potion and alt that has tailoring ( if you have one) you get nice chunk of greens + cloths which you can make into bags that usually sells good.
    Last edited by Priestamgpwn; 2013-04-20 at 08:16 AM.

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    just a tip to avoid wasting gold and time on relisting: 78-79 greenies with no heirloom counterpart (all of them can be upgraded to scale up to level 85 now) are going well, the rest is dust-worth

so:
    - bracers
    - gloves
    - belts
    - boots

neck and rings can be crafted with JC so they will be less valuable, but still worth something

this obviously won't work on most of servers as there are only a few people willing to spend a ton of money for 2 levels of gear advantage (you can craft all the gear with level requirement 80 by professions)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestamgpwn View Post
    Believe me they do sell. I've been selling greens ( at first cata ones then I included mop ones also) since mid cata. Altho I maybe overprice stuff seen as people in this thread post their greens for less but as long as it is selling I'm ok.
    On some days i dont sell a single green but when someone gets in range where they want/need those greens i sell about 10 of them with a price range of 400-600g.
    Edit: If someone doesnt like running dungeon or w/e. You could try good ol' Verlock Stand in Deepholm.With treasure finding potion and alt that has tailoring ( if you have one) you get nice chunk of greens + cloths which you can make into bags that usually sells good.

guess i should stop vendoring all my greens >.<

Quote Originally Posted by amherian View Post
    ya many ppl actually buy them
    Well, I know Cata greens used to sell in the past, but on my server at least, they never seem to sell now. Probably because people still have them at such ridiculous prices. haha. It depends entirely on your server. I imagine they sell like crazy on really busy servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    just a tip to avoid wasting gold and time on relisting: 78-79 greenies with no heirloom counterpart (all of them can be upgraded to scale up to level 85 now) are going well, the rest is dust-worth
    Not everyone upgrades them to 85. Aside it is extra fun to play bgs with twink items :P nets you some extra kills and such, and it is fine with blizzard. Also AFAIK the heirloom at lvl 80 scales to about ilvl 200.
    Last edited by George Costanza; 2013-04-21 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    Not everyone upgrades them to 85. Aside it is extra fun to play bgs with twink items :P nets you some extra kills and such, and it is fine with blizzard. Also AFAIK the heirloom at lvl 80 scales to about ilvl 200.
    I couldn't have said it any better

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    and you lose the exp bonus, therefore only 78/79 twinks might buy them, or 78 weapons for leveling

conclusion, only 5-10% of servers will have a respectable market for those items (high pop PvP servers mostly)

Deleted
    This method is 100% based on your realms population. You might farm items worth even 10kG per hour , but it will take you way too long to sell them.

If you want some pocket gold you can farm there a bit and then keep your items posted all the time.

Also , another great gold making method is to use auction house scanning addons and buy the underpriced gear for the popular pvp brackets . For example buying underpriced cata items and reselling them instead of farming them.

Nice ill give it a try on my DK.