Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Uh huh... what you're saying is akin to this:

Okay so we kidnapped most of the french population and took over their country for the past 500 years, France is absolutely nothing how it was and the culture that was once there is now destroyed.

Okay French slavery is over why won't they just go back to France. Oh right... we kind of destroyed that country, oh well they can like go to Germany or Ireland right? It's all the same...
    They destroyed countries by doing what exactly? Building cement houses instead of huts? (btw some still live in huts, just so you understand why I don't see this destruction you speak of).

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rodna View Post
    Then stop being a slavery apologist.

It's almost as though they were born in America where they have lived there for generations!
    But if America was so vile and cruel and racist, why still live there? Why not return to your roots, which are much better than the society of your enslavers?

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    They destroyed countries by doing what exactly? Building cement houses instead of huts? (btw some still live in huts, just so you understand why I don't see this destruction you speak of).
    Turns out buying millions of people and shifting them overseas while exploiting their continent for every natural resource we want has a fairly deleterious on their collective culture.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:36 AM ----------

But if America was so vile and cruel and racist, why still live there? Why not return to your roots, which are much better than the society of your enslavers?
    Yes why didn't Africans with no education or worldly knowledge take all their money and just ship themselves back to a continent they knew next to nothing about?

I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Turns out buying millions of people and shifting them overseas while exploiting their continent for every natural resource we want has a fairly deleterious on their collective culture.

Yes why didn't Africans with no education or worldly knowledge take all their money and just ship themselves back to a continent they knew next to nothing about?

I wonder.
    He thinks "Hey they still have huts!" = they lost absolutely no cultural heritage? What the fuck am I reading...

Why are you so intent on justifying slavery?

It kind of begs the question "why does Orly think Africa is in such bad shape now?"

I wonder.
    Was the place left inhabitable? Is it now desolate? Are all the cultural ways (including language) completely vanished from there?
    If not, then there was something to return to.

Why didn't Africans with no education or worldly knowledge requested a free ride back to their homeland along with their freedom?

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:40 AM ----------

Why are you so intent on justifying slavery?
    Where exactly did I say that slavery is right?

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:41 AM ----------

It kind of begs the question "why does Orly think Africa is in such bad shape now?"
    You're saying it's in bad shape, you said the place was utterly destroyed and there was nothing to return to.

Why didn't Africans with no education or worldly knowledge requested a free ride back to their homeland along with their freedom?
    My homeland isn't Germany.

And since you've clearly never heard of Liberia you're over your head.

He thinks "Hey they still have huts!" = they lost absolutely no cultural heritage? What the fuck am I reading...
    Ok, at this point you have to prove with facts how they were before and out of that, what was completely lost.

Where exactly did I say that slavery is right?
    The part where you insist on saying it's still better than living in Africa.

Deleted
    There seems to always be some sort of issue between some Black Americans and Black Africans so...
    So then we can agree that this is a status inequality thing and not actually a matter of race inequality. Slaves were treated like shit regardless of color and all slave masters are equally shit regardless of skin color. So why do we still cling to these racial annotations of status when they don't even apply anymore?

X is a cracker because X is white.
    Y is a Niggah because Y is black.

It's very apparent both terms is a way to negatively label someone for something they have no control over, skin color. Both words are equally offensive and racist because of this. What they meant historically was actually LESS offensive then what those words stand for in modern times. At least back then it had mostly to do with status and not skin color. Just sayin.

You're saying it's in bad shape, you said the place was utterly destroyed and there was nothing to return to.
    No I didn't. I said there was nothing for them to return to because they never left anything there.

Its like insisting that I could just trot over to Germany and fit right in because my family came from there way back when. Or more accurately for your stupid argument, that I could just trot over to France and settle right in because my family came from Germany.

My homeland isn't Germany.

And since you've clearly never heard of Liberia you're over your head.
    Oh, you mean those people that were considering themselves american and didn't intent to reintegrate there? Yeah, what about them?

I don't care about you.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:46 AM ----------

No I didn't. I said there was nothing for them to return to because they never left anything there.

Its like insisting that I could just trot over to Germany and fit right in because my family came from there way back when. Or more accurately for your stupid argument, that I could just trot over to France and settle right in because my family came from Germany.
    Were you taken from there by force? No? Then don't compare.

Everyone is racists, some are very, some are little. But there is no such thing as no racism at all. Because there is, all around you.

People need to get over it, its natural to be concerned about other races sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    So then we can agree that this is a status inequality thing and not actually a matter of race inequality. Slaves were treated like shit regardless of color and all slave masters are equally shit regardless of skin color. So why do we still cling to these racial annotations of status when they don't even apply anymore?

It's very apparent both terms is a way to negatively label someone for something they have no control over, skin color. Both words are equally offensive and racist because of this. What they meant historically was actually LESS offensive then what those words stand for in modern times. At least back then it had mostly to do with status and not skin color. Just sayin.
    At least someone around here gets it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post

The reason slavery comes up is because blacks, unlike the Irish, had to fight for their rights straight through to pretty much the early 80s because they weren't white. Same can be said for Jews, though to a lesser extent.

The part where you insist on saying it's still better than living in Africa.
    What are you doing? Stahp. You're putting words in my mouth. I didn't say living in Africa was better, I asked why they didn't return there after gaining their freedom if America was such a racist, horrible place. Am I do understand that even if filled with racism, slavery and abuses, America was still better for them than Africa? Cause that's what you're going at.

I hate Caucasian people, so I guess I'm a racist.

I didn't say living in Africa was better, I asked why they didn't return there after gaining their freedom if America was such a racist, horrible place.
    So you're claiming America couldn't have been that bad for black people if they didn't choose to go to Africa?

And you keep saying "return" like they all came from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    "Races more prone to violence and drugs" listen to you. It couldnt possibly have anything to do with the society they live in or are forced into.
    Just to play devils advocate here but ... who creates the society they live in... them selves and the same people as themselves, they have free will they don't have to live in any pre-defined way yet a lot of the time its very poor, its not because there forced to behave or live any way so it does raise questions. Choice has to come into it or they do it because they can and no one will stop them, either of those is not race based but does seem to crop up in certain races more that others seemingly.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

The reason slavery comes up is because blacks, unlike the Irish, had to fight for their rights straight through to pretty much the early 80s because they weren't white. Same can be said for Jews, though to a lesser extent.
    But this is about racism. And about present day acts of racism that are based on historic events, when they shouldn't. It should just be dropped already. Present-day people are not guilty of what happened centuries ago.