Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Primordius 10 Heroic

Hi!
    We're currently 3/13 (Jinrokh, tortos and Jikun) and because we dont want to clear straight to Iron Qon (we got him pretty low last week),
    we were trying Promordius yesterday.

Our tanks yday were 2 monks, and we were healing it with a resto shaman, resto druid and disc priest (me)
    We had a holy paladin and a dk tank benched yesterday

Now first of all, i would like to know how disc priests are doing this fight, it looked like tanks are take a sh*tload of damage, so i was thinking of shelling them with GH in turns whenever Shell is off cooldown, use the usual PoM and atonement on the boss, and shield the one with that crazy debuff (forgot the name). Cascade seems to be the best option here.

Secondly I would like to know how ppl are getting the mutation, i mean in what order.
    On normal dps had prio, when they were all mutated, we popped hero and the healers could get the remaining buffs and eventually get a mutation going aswell.

But that doesnt seem to be the case on Heroic.. We started with that, but the tanks were taking a crapload, and when all the dps got their mutation, damage is rly starting to kick in, so hardly any time for the healers to get some buffs, hell even a mutation going..
    So we tried to change it, since buffs on tanks make them take less damage (mastery), we gave prio to tanks, once they were mutated, dps could get their mutation. the resto druid and me were killing off our own blobs, but that seemed to go damn slow, we usually got about 4 blobs down before damage started to kick in, after that the tanks usually had their mutation and our hunter started killing blobs for the healers.
    Still this felt too slow, meaning that we only got our mutation (or not even close) when damage started to rly kick in.

We changed it again and the resto druid told me to take all 4, and then i just have to pick up one more when damage seems to kick in, it felt a bit unfair because she wasnt rly gaining anything of it tho.. I tried to tell our raidleader that it would be nice if our healers have a higher prio, so we can actually heal when damage is coming.. Especially for me, so i get mutated and can start dpsing the boss aswell.

So yeah, here i ask, how do ppl menage the prio on the mutation and any tips and tricks as a disc priest are more then welcome. Share how you did it.

Below is my armory profile and the logs from last night.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Pyrah/simple
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dq2qt71yul33nai3/

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mmoc8e6796b678; 2013-04-19 at 04:00 PM.

We're only 6/13 HM atm and haven't tried Primordius, but I can tell you for a fact as a raid leading Disc I'll be getting 5 stacks very early on. Without the mutation you can't really atonement heal or contribute any DPS. If you happen to get some decent crit buffs as well you'll be continually blanketing everyone with DA.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your tanks are doing it wrong.

Prioritize DPS first (them going off to sides) and let them get fully mutated. At that point your tanks should be kiting Primordius around a circle, this effect will cause a fairly large amount of small oozes to follow him. Have one of your range with good AoE constantly be AoEing on top of/behind Primordius (Hunters, Warlocks are good for this). This should cause a large amount of puddles to form behind him which tanks and healers (eventually DPS again) can make use of.

Aside from it taking awhile for your DPS to get the first round of buffs everyone should be able to get them fairly quickly.

If any healer gets them first it should be a disc priest. The fight is borderline two healed and you're likely there just to be the .5 healer. Fully mutated with the right kind of buffs, atonement healing is incredibly strong on this encounter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    I can tell you for a fact as a raid leading Disc I'll be getting 5 stacks very early on.
    Yes, that's what i was trying to tell our raidleader..

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Prioritize DPS first, your tanks should be kiting Primordius around a circle
    We were doing it that way, but tanks take a shit load of damage by the time tanks/healers are getting their turn to get the mutation, so healers barely have time for anything but to heal

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    The fight is borderline two healed and you're likely there just to be the .5 healer.
    Are you sure? Because as said above, the tanks are taking a crazy amount of damage (600k hits), I'd understand if you had a pally tank, but we have 2 monks or a dk
    Last edited by mmoc8e6796b678; 2013-04-20 at 07:30 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyra View Post
    Yes, that's what i was trying to tell our raidleader..

We were doing it that way, but tanks take a shit load of damage by the time tanks/healers are getting their turn to get the mutation, so healers barely have time for anything but to heal

Are you sure? Because as said above, the tanks are taking a crazy amount of damage (600k hits), I'd understand if you had a pally tank, but we have 2 monks or a dk
    There are different ways to do this fight if you 2 and 3 heal just so you know. If you 2 heal you will need to have your whole raid mutated the majority of the time(even tanks and healers), if you 3 heal you want your dpsers mainly to be mutated.
    Why this is the case is because getting that extra dps in will make it so that the boss dps wont be hurt if you kill a lot of fluids so therefor you have some people always killing fluids, a great example is Spriest and warlocks and maybe boomkins too. Those 3 classes are all strong at killing fluids at a fast rate and if you put those on fluids all the time while obv maintaining dots on the boss you will have your raid fully mutated most of the time while still not having more pools than needed. You basically get the same boss dps this way as if you would 3 heal, since if you 3 heal i would only recommend having something like 1 warlock or Spriest fulltime on fluids.

Its all up to you whether you want to 2 or 3 heal just remember the difference in how you do the fight between the 2 different raid make-ups.

Edit: I just looked through your logs and saw that with your setup 2 healing is not viable which you probably know already since you are 3 healing it. So remember the only important thing for your grp is always having your dpsers mutated, getting your tanks or you mutated is probably something that wont happen because your setup isnt very great at killing fluids at a fastrate. Instead focus on managing your healing cds raidwide and instead of smiting/penancing the boss you do it on the big add which i forgot the name of.
    Last edited by mmocd209f15420; 2013-04-20 at 01:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by discmeedel View Post
    There are different ways to do this fight if you 2 and 3 heal just so you know. If you 2 heal you will need to have your whole raid mutated the majority of the time(even tanks and healers), if you 3 heal you want your dpsers mainly to be mutated.
    Why this is the case is because getting that extra dps in will make it so that the boss dps wont be hurt if you kill a lot of fluids so therefor you have some people always killing fluids, a great example is Spriest and warlocks and maybe boomkins too. Those 3 classes are all strong at killing fluids at a fast rate and if you put those on fluids all the time while obv maintaining dots on the boss you will have your raid fully mutated most of the time while still not having more pools than needed. You basically get the same boss dps this way as if you would 3 heal, since if you 3 heal i would only recommend having something like 1 warlock or Spriest fulltime on fluids.

Its all up to you whether you want to 2 or 3 heal just remember the difference in how you do the fight between the 2 different raid make-ups.

Edit: I just looked through your logs and saw that with your setup 2 healing is not viable which you probably know already since you are 3 healing it. So remember the only important thing for your grp is always having your dpsers mutated, getting your tanks or you mutated is probably something that wont happen because your setup isnt very great at killing fluids at a fastrate. Instead focus on managing your healing cds raidwide and instead of smiting/penancing the boss you do it on the big add which i forgot the name of.
    boohoo, i like mutation But oh well, as long as we get it killed. That's all that matters rly.
    When you say all the dps should get mutated, does that include that one dps that is killing off fluids?
    Thanks for the interesting info

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyra View Post
    boohoo, i like mutation But oh well, as long as we get it killed. That's all that matters rly.
    When you say all the dps should get mutated, does that include that one dps that is killing off fluids?
    Thanks for the interesting info
    Yea literally all dps should have their mutation up 24/7 thats the most important thing for your group because since you cant kill enough fluids his stacks will increase more rapidly then for 2 healing guilds so with some quick estimation you want him dead at around 8-10 stacks of evolution and that should be around 5 minutes in to the fight, and in your group i would put the Spriest on the killing fluid job, if he specs mindbender and uses SW:P on the fluids that are far away from the boss and rolls cascade on CD + mindsearing the bunch behind the boss he should be able to kill enough and his dps will skyrocket. He should obv use ToF also. Another note is that if you have a warlock that just wasnt in the group you can always switch to the 2 healing and have everybody mutated strat, destro locks just rock that fight

Deleted
    our hunter was killing the fluids, looks like i need to convince someone so our Spriest does it
    Thanks a bunch tho, for the info. We'll probably attempt it again on sunday.

Hi there Pyra there's a few things you should note Monks are not exceptionally strong on this fight I would sub in your DK tank unless there's a skill/gear issue. For mutation priority Spriest > everything (Spriest > DPS > Disc > tanks/healers) else since he's your add killer he/she should spec FDCL ToF Cascade, on 10man he/she should be able to solo 3-4 lanes w/o difficulty the whole fight while maintaining dots on primordius and during DP's on the black adds or primodius which ever you need more. For re-mutating your dps should break off about 20 seconds before their buff falls off and kill adds;call for dispells if necessary. For tank swaps just to make sure you're doing it correctly they want to switch every 3 black adds ideally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koss View Post
    Hi there Pyra there's a few things you should note Monks are not exceptionally strong on this fight I would sub in your DK tank unless there's a skill/gear issue. For mutation priority Spriest > everything (Spriest > DPS > Disc > tanks/healers) else since he's your add killer he/she should spec FDCL ToF Cascade, on 10man he/she should be able to solo 3-4 lanes w/o difficulty the whole fight while maintaining dots on primordius and during DP's on the black adds or primodius which ever you need more. For re-mutating your dps should break off about 20 seconds before their buff falls off and kill adds;call for dispells if necessary. For tank swaps just to make sure you're doing it correctly they want to switch every 3 black adds ideally.
    May i ask why you consider FDCL over MB? Because MB is just free dmg on the boss with only 1 GCD spent every 60 sec and i found myself not having enough GCDs to dot stuff up and mindsearing the bunch behind the boss sometimes even. So to me Fdcl would seem like a waste unless you are killing 1 add at a time and not getting them all low before they get to the bunch behind the boss to then snipe them off with SW and mindsear.

FDCL allows you to put burst damage on what ever mob needed (black/primo/or adds) and in the last burn phase allows you to chain gun MS's into the boss, mindsearing behind the boss seems like a padding method and takes GCD's away from add management due to channeling time and few kills actually due to mindsear damage.

Deleted
    FDCL allows you to put burst damage on what ever mob needed (black/primo/or adds) and in the last burn phase allows you to chain gun MS's into the boss, mindsearing behind the boss seems like a padding method and takes GCD's away from add management due to channeling time and few kills actually due to mindsear damage.
    Well i dont know how fast your tanks are moving or how many fluids usually pile up behind the boss in your group but for me its definately worth the channeling time because im usually hitting around 9-10 targets when im doing it, and with the buffs up everything just melts behind him. Its definately not padding in my case, and i do have rank 2 overall on that boss so something i do has to be right

If your doing all the bloods for your group I mean whatever works for you, there's multiple ways of doing the fight but your group allowing you to do mindsear spam on adds is padding ( when I'm talking about padding its in terms of eDPS or effective DPS) Also i've seen your logs mindsear is doing less then 5% of you damage, you should try FDCL next time on primo it'll do more damage then sear, Granted I'm trying to give advice scaling down a 25man strategy we use to a 10man strategy (it may not work). That being said the way I passed on netted me 347305.6eDPS we private log but if you wanted to verify it I can link you the log.

Deleted
    If your doing all the bloods for your group I mean whatever works for you, there's multiple ways of doing the fight but your group allowing you to do mindsear spam on adds is padding ( when I'm talking about padding its in terms of eDPS or effective DPS) Also i've seen your logs mindsear is doing less then 5% of you damage, you should try FDCL next time on primo it'll do more damage then sear, Granted I'm trying to give advice scaling down a 25man strategy we use to a 10man strategy (it may not work). That being said the way I passed on netted me 347305.6eDPS we private log but if you wanted to verify it I can link you the log.
    Well the thing is that im not the only one on adds in my group, i have 2 destro locks and a boomkin doing it also and most of the time it has been the locks doing the actual burst if they are rly close by if its needed, i have never really considered fdcl, since i also never use VT on the fluids, i only spam SW:P on them.

Why have you not facerolled horridon as you have a disc priest? Primordius is a bit harder now after the change imo

Deleted
    Our dps gets mutated first and take turns in restacking so there's immediatly 5 pools to soak. Healers get stacks/mutated when there's spare pools (there will be as the boss is kited around and we're aoe'ing down bloods). Our healers get mutated aswell, but they don't have prio. We use the same healing setup as you; disc priest, resto shaman and resto druid. Tanks doesn't get mutated at all.

I'm going with Cascade, PI and PW:Solace. At the start of the fight when I'm not mutated, I mainly heal with atonement (on the horror, not on the boss due to the damage reduction), PW:S, the occasional Penance on the tank and Cascade. When I am mutated it's pretty much the usual healing tactic I'd use for almost any other boss. If it's later into the fight and I lose my mutated buff, I smite on bloods and horrors.

And I'd have to agree with above, focus on Horridon and Iron qon before you go Primordius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    We're only 6/13 HM atm and haven't tried Primordius, but I can tell you for a fact as a raid leading Disc I'll be getting 5 stacks very early on. Without the mutation you can't really atonement heal or contribute any DPS. If you happen to get some decent crit buffs as well you'll be continually blanketing everyone with DA.
    So wrong, so wrong. As disc you can be full time on blobs without any buffs at all and have 70%+ uptime on Twist of Fate. Im usually soloing 13+ blobs myself, letting dps take them, getting my own stacks later on when the healing is needed, but NOT early. Thats a mistake.
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

Quote Originally Posted by Celar View Post
    So wrong, so wrong. As disc you can be full time on blobs without any buffs at all and have 70%+ uptime on Twist of Fate. Im usually soloing 13+ blobs myself, letting dps take them, getting my own stacks later on when the healing is needed, but NOT early. Thats a mistake.
    70%?? how da hell are you managing on that??

im just smiting the black ooze and using halo on this fight incase when everyone starts geting really low

i tried TF but didnt seemed really good.....
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-04-21 at 02:38 AM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every time an add drops below 20% you get twist of fate.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should use Cascade. It's way too amazing to even consider not using.

Also, a Disc Priest is easily capable of soloing a lot of blobs, making it super easy for dps to keep stacks up and reset instantly. Play smart (or in this case, obvious)
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar