Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Help me decide between keyboards!

SO!
    My birthday is coming up in about a week, and I want to get a new keyboard. From the mechanical side, I could only find the steelseries 6gv2, which I don't like.
    So it's down to either the Razer Lycosa, Razer Anansi or SteelSeries Apex [RAW] (regular version unavailable here).
    I play mostly League of Legends, some WoW (and other MMOs of the sort), also a bit of MMOFPS games (Tribes: Ascend, TF2).
    Help me decide, you have about three days.
    Thank you in advance!

Not sure where "there" is or if you have any switch preference or cost range, but if you like razer I use a RAZER BLACKWIDOW and it suits me just fine and is a relatively fair price for a mechanical keyboard. Also a fan of ducky which newegg has at a "reasonable" price now imo. Without more information idk what else to suggest.

Thanks, but unfortunately, all the stores are out of stock. It's a great keyboard, I know, my friend has it.
    Thanks anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamiero View Post
    SO!
    My birthday is coming up in about a week, and I want to get a new keyboard. From the mechanical side, I could only find the steelseries 6gv2, which I don't like.
    So it's down to either the Razer Lycosa, Razer Anansi or SteelSeries Apex [RAW] (regular version unavailable here).
    I play mostly League of Legends, some WoW (and other MMOs of the sort), also a bit of MMOFPS games (Tribes: Ascend, TF2).
    Help me decide, you have about three days.
    Thank you in advance!
    I use a Logitech G105 works brilliant.

Deleted
    I use a Corsair K90 keyboard which is mechanical, 18 macro keys with 3 memory banks so 54 macro options should be plenty :P
    little pricey but I love it

Deleted
    i use the logitech g510 brilliant keyboard, its not mechanical but it does the job just fine =) plenty of macro keys, nice set of media keys and an lcd screen! (yes the screen is a bit gimmicky but i use it to see who is talking on vent/ts/mumble)

Are you not in the US? the link I provided was the razer store and it has them.

I am indeed, not in the US, i'm in Serbia.

On the same vein could someone recommend some non-gaming mechanical keyboards? I have no use for extra macro keys on my keyboard. As much as I would love to get a Razer Blackwidow with blue backlit keys I'd rather not spend $130.

Also I think this should be moved to the computer sub-forum. Would get more help there.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Anansi /thread

I've been using the Logitech g15 for awhile now, and I absolutely love it. I know it's not on your list, but you may want to look into it.

Deleted
    Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 here. ( Review > http://www.overclock.net/t/1332253/r...dk9008-shine-2 )

If you want a mechanical one, don't buy the branded cheap build one like Razer does.
    Also, check what switch suits you more (for me its MX Reds)

There an entire sub-reddit for that too, lots of test and reviews, you can also post there an let people know your price range aswell as what you are looking for in your pruchase and they'll help you ( reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/ )
    If you have some questions about the Keyboard I have or MX Reds i'm here.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    On the same vein could someone recommend some non-gaming mechanical keyboards? I have no use for extra macro keys on my keyboard. As much as I would love to get a Razer Blackwidow with blue backlit keys I'd rather not spend $130.
    Qpad MK-50 is easily available in EU and significantly cheaper than Razer toys and has great value for price.
    On US side the cheap mechanical options from newegg are this, this or this for example.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I have a Noppoo Choc Mini and it is amazing, it dosn't have a num pad or any of that other crap, so its a little more comfortable to use since its like 1/2 the width of a full size keyboard. Its also the same keyboard Reckful uses. I also have a Razer Blackwidow Stealth and i like it alot too, its fairly quiet for a mechanical.

Logitech G19, go get that one!

Quote Originally Posted by ironik View Post
    Anansi /thread
    Anansi is not mechanical..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abramstank View Post
    I have a Noppoo Choc Mini and it is amazing, it dosn't have a num pad or any of that other crap, so its a little more comfortable to use since its like 1/2 the width of a full size keyboard.
    Listen to this man, he speaks words of wisdom. I too use a Choc Mini and am completely in love with it. One note though - be careful with the choice of color for the switches!

Deleted
    I couldnt imagine myself playing on a mechanical keyboard, cant stand the noise (even if they are "quiet"). I got a Razer Arctosa (Lycosa without backlight) and its perfect for me - for gaming and out of gaming. But this is just my opinion btw, happy birthday

Quote Originally Posted by Situs View Post
    I use a Corsair K90 keyboard which is mechanical, 18 macro keys with 3 memory banks so 54 macro options should be plenty :P
    little pricey but I love it
    The macro keys aren't mechanical though right? When I was deciding on my keyboard I found that to be really strange the rest of the keyboard is mechanical but the macro keys aren't. I got a Logitech G710+ has a few macro keys and I really love the board.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturno View Post
    I couldnt imagine myself playing on a mechanical keyboard, cant stand the noise (even if they are "quiet"). I got a Razer Arctosa (Lycosa without backlight) and its perfect for me - for gaming and out of gaming. But this is just my opinion btw, happy birthday
    Mechanical does not equal noise.

Some switches are really quiet, almost silent if you are not bottoming out. And in case you are, there's always o-rings
    Last edited by mmoc70ab634a7b; 2013-04-21 at 09:35 AM.