Poll: do they need it

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    because that means the majority dont care if warlocks and demon hunters have a similar spell
    Your stance is that people don't care about DH having meta or not doesn't it? This poll proves that people care an think Metamor is important part of being DH. You make me confused...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Your stance is that people don't care about DH having meta or not doesn't it? You make me confused...
    my stance is that the majority of people dont care if they either dont get it or change it, which means the argument that they cant be added because of warlocks is void because they can either change it slightly or give them a different version or just not even give it to them and most people wouldnt care about warlocks.

id like it if demon hunters had meta, but i like demon hunters because they are demon hunters not because of one spell and as long as they keep the main thematic feel ill be okay with it even if the demon hunter class that gets added were to only have one spec with that thematic feel i would be okay with it as long as that thematic feel is intact
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-04-21 at 01:47 PM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

my stance is that the majority of people dont care if they either dont get it or change it, which means the argument that they cant be added because of warlocks is void because they can either change it slightly or give them a different version or just not even give it to them and most people wouldnt care about warlocks.

id like it if demon hunters had meta, but i like demon hunters because they are demon hunters not because of one spell and as long as they keep the main thematic feel ill be okay with it even if the demon hunter class that gets added were to only have one spec with that thematic feel i would be okay with it as long as that thematic feel is intact
    So you agree that DH would have to have metamorphosis in some forms? that's what I have been saying from the start... it wouldn't be ok if DH don't have meta. Your poll proves this. The third choice got the most votes if you don't count the fourth choice.

So you agree that DH would have to have metamorphosis in some forms? that's what I have been saying from the start...
    no im saying it would be better if they had it but its not required as long as the thematic feel of demon unters is intact.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

no im saying it would be better if they had it but its not required as long as the thematic feel of demon unters is intact.
    but it wouldn't feel like DH without meta...

but it wouldn't feel like DH without meta...
    as long as they look and feel like this their spells could be called happy hug rainbows for all i care

10+ Year Old Account
    this is the only proof we need that demon hunters NEED to be added
    Sadly, thats not proof of need... that is something you are gloming onto in order to plea for others to agree with you and climb on your bandwagon.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

as long as they look and feel like this their spells could be called happy hug rainbows for all i care

and this is why I and people have been arguing with you. You don't care about anything about them except their look. DH is more than just wielding warglavies and wearing blindfold. They have their interesting background and ability. I just figured out why you don't seem to understand the reason why metamorphosis is heavily tied to DH lore and it's their defining feature. The answer is you don't care in the first place. You will take anything as long as they look similar to the traditional DH. I think I am done here. no point arguing further.

and this is why I and people have been arguing with you. You don't care about anything about them except their look. DH is more than just wielding warglavies and wearing blindfold. They have their interesting background and ability. I just figured out why you don't seem to understand the reason why metamorphosis is heavily tied to DH lore and it's their defining feature. The answer is you don't care in the first place. You will take anything as long as they look similar to the traditional DH.
    i play this game for the story, all i care about is the story and demon hunters and pandaren are my favorite so yes all i care about is if they are in the game not one spell.

if i really cared that much about one spell id be bitching about how warriors shouldve been the class to get mirror image

10+ Year Old Account
    and this is why I and people have been arguing with you. You don't care about anything about them except their look. DH is more than just wielding warglavies and wearing blindfold. They have their interesting background and ability. I just figured out why you don't seem to understand the reason why metamorphosis is heavily tied to DH lore and it's their defining feature. The answer is you don't care in the first place. You will take anything as long as they look similar to the traditional DH. I think I am done here. no point arguing further.
    See #4 in my "5 reasons there won't be a DH class" thread. This is exactly the phenomenon I was talking about, and why so many people are fine with giving the DH stupid things like a Ranged spec even though its from a completely different game. They only care about looking cool and prancing around as a half naked elf.

Its shallow and pathetic, and its the main reason I never want the class implemented.

i play this game for the story, all i care about is the story and demon hunters and pandaren are my favorite so yes all i care about is if they are in the game not one spell.

if i really cared that much about one spell id be bitching about how warriors shouldve been the class to get mirror image
    I am glad you are not the one who develop this game. You don't even know that some ability is just more than an ability. You say you play for story when you don't even know how important metamorphosis to DH's story.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    no because in the other demon hunter thread there were two people who kept saying that people would flip out if demon hunters either a didnt get meta or b warlocks and demon hunters got similar spells.
    Just a bit off with that statement aren't you?

The point I was making was:

1: You can't have a DH without Meta...otherwise it won't be a DH. Lore arguments don't matter...the game shows that DH's use Meta, it's what people expect. Its part of what they want from a DH because it's part of what a DH is in this game. But Warlocks have Meta...and it is very difficult to justify removing Meta from Warlocks or diluting the ability by ensuring multiple classes have it.

2: Blizzard has been moving Warlocks towards the Demon Hunter theme for years now. Warlocks got Meta, Warlocks got an Illidan themed armour, Warlocks got a Glyph in Beta which effectively made them Demon Hunters. At this stage, its difficult to see Blizzard breaking that link no matter how much certain people want it. All indications are that Blizzard is making Demon Hunters a form of Warlock...their form of a Battle Mage. Your objections to this idea are based on what are ultimately trivial and non-important points. Blizzard made Brew masters a sub spec of monks. Illidan was a caster himself. Style and feel and lore are not developed yet.

3: You can make a DH class that doesn't have Meta, uses Mail armour and so. But it wouldn't BE a Warcraft style DH and it wouldn't be able to meet the expectations that come with that role. So why invite those expectations by developing a class that's called Demon Hunter but lacks everything that a Warcraft style Demon Hunter is?

so far in this thread the majority of people are agreeing with me that they can either not have it or be given a metamorphosis thats similar but distinct enough that its not a copy paste of the warlock spell
    Not that it's important...but you really need to go back and recount if you really think that.

As it is, its not impossible for Blizzard to implement a DH class of some sort. But I don't see any strong reason against it being a warlock spec. Not ideal, true but far from impossible.

EJL

I am glad you are not the one who develop this game. You don't even know that some ability is just more than an ability. You say you play for story when you don't even know how important metamorphosis to DH's story.
    because its not important?

i fail to see how not becoming a pseudo nathrezim prevents demon hunters from using demonic energy to imbue their blades and their bodies, i fail to see how it prevents them from commiting a blinding ritual so that demons and undead burn out auras like fire, i fail to see how it prevents them from being anti heroes or prevents them from fighting for the safety of the innocent by sacrificing their bodies and souls for the greater good.

becoming a pseudo nathrezim has NOTHING to do with the story of the demon hunter

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 10:12 AM ----------

im ignoring talen and teriz, i refuse to have to put up with them when i read my thread
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-04-21 at 02:14 PM.

because its not important?

i fail to see how not becoming a pseudo nathrezim prevents demon hunters from using demonic energy to imbue their blades and their bodies, i fail to see how it prevents them from commiting a blinding ritual so that demons and undead burn out auras like fire, i fail to see how it prevents them from being anti heroes or prevents them from fighting for the safety of the innocent by sacrificing their bodies and souls for the greater good.

becoming a pseudo nathrezim has NOTHING to do with the story of the demon hunter

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 10:12 AM ----------

im ignoring talen and teriz, i refuse to have to put up with them when i read my thread
    It doesn't prevent anything but it IS their thematic ability. It's the people's expectation of DH. It's like people expect mage to be fragile spell caster and rogue to be sneaky. Blizzard themself which you can't argue against made many DHs in WoW comes with metamorphosis. They know it's their iconic ability. You are the only one who don't realize this. Noone will be able to convince you not even Blizzard. People expect "Warcraft DH" to be able to turn into a demon. You also refuse to response to them because they made very valid post?
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-04-21 at 02:21 PM.

It doesn't prevent anything but it IS their thematic ability. It's the people's expectation of DH. It's like people expect mage to be fragile spell caster and rogue to be sneaky. People expect "Warcraft DH" to be able to turn into a demon. You also refuse to response to them because they made very valid post?
    no i ignored them because when they consistently have to use arguments like "demon hunters cant be in the game because they have the word hunter in the name" and "warlocks are demon hunters" it irritates me and i dont want to get banned again because ill end up insulting them and get banned for flaming.

also his avatar pisses me off.

i also dont feel like thats the case, i dont want to play as a demon, i want to play as a guy who kills demons and eats their powers

10+ Year Old Account

[/COLOR]im ignoring talen and teriz, i refuse to have to put up with them when i read my thread
    You are ignoring them because they make compelling arguments against your desired change... by your choosing to ignore them and stating that publicly you are admitting openly that their arguments have enough merit and that you cant counter them.

And I can state categorically that Blizzard isn't going to give you a DH class in Wow, on the off chance that they DO give it to you in the next expansion I'll come back to this thread and apologize.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    You are ignoring them because they make compelling arguments against your desired change... by your choosing to ignore them and stating that publicly you are admitting openly that their arguments have enough merit and that you cant counter them.

And I can state categorically that Blizzard isn't going to give you a DH class in Wow, on the off chance that they DO give it to you in the next expansion I'll come back to this thread and apologize.
    that has nothing to do with me ignoring them. im ignoring them because constantly having to argue the same point with them makes me want to write obscenities.

i already got banned twice in his thread about demon hunters and i refuse to get banned again in my OWN thread

no i ignored them because when they consistently have to use arguments like "demon hunters cant be in the game because they have the word hunter in the name" and "warlocks are demon hunters" it irritates me and i dont want to get banned again because ill end up insulting them and get banned for flaming.

also his avatar pisses me off.

i also dont feel like thats the case, i dont want to play as a demon, i want to play as a guy who kills demons and eats their powers
    in warcraft by eating demon's power you become one yourself. DH can retain his sanity but his form will be altered.

i already got banned twice in his thread about demon hunters and i refuse to get banned again in my OWN thread
    the thread's not yours. all threads here belong to MMO champion, only.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

in warcraft by eating demon's power you become one yourself. DH can retain his sanity but his form will be altered.
    yeah but that takes an insanely large amount. it took illidan being empowered twice once by one of the strongest beings in the universe and the other being empowered by an object the legion had been powering up for years in order for him to go from a night elf with slightly sharper feet to the half demon he is today.

i dont want my character to be super man, i just want him to be cool

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the thread's not yours. all threads here belong to MMO champion, only.
    hello captain obvious