Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Revert it to how it was in vanilla and put it in a separate que. Make it give you conquest every 20 min and no deserter when leaving.

There should be no time limit in this battleground like it was(either make it a queue bg style or the mentioned open zone style, the emphasis here is never-ending action).

Honor gain increased by killing people at specific places, honor gain by turning in items looted from opposing corpses.

Random events throughout the game, changes every 10mins, honor gained through completing these easy events(kill a certain general, or kill a player at a certain area).

Bring back summonings, every summon and every player killed near Ivus/Lokholar will get bonus honor, opposing faction will gain huge bonus honor by defeating the boss(boss should not be healable by any means.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Heres my idea, it is more in line for a world pvp change but av is in it. So every zone(or every few zones) will have a world pvp subzone/area for world pvp. Each zone will be fought in a 'never-ending' battle. Once you win you will gain bonus(15% exp aura and etc), but after you win the game just resets. And this is the best thing I thought of, everyone that enters this subzone will have the same stats and the same level. So if you go to the barrens and to are 90 and go into this subzone you will turn into a level 20 with only a level 20 abilities, this 'change' will be kind of like changing specs changing your bar and etc.

Each one will have a different kind of map, in between the barrens and Ashenvale would be a wsg type map, AV in Alterac Mountains and etc. This would help beginners learn pvp more and actually be balanced(as much as it can be anyways), you would get exp for killing people and winning so leveling would be viable from just pvping. And it just might bring back world pvp.

My av version would take a lot of time, it would be much more classical then it is now but not 100%, I would add a actual resource to get in the caves(orb of power or something that increases your resurrection speeds), also for wintergrasp I would add airplanes and a joke dance studio for the losers.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-04-21 at 02:53 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I would just reverse the changes they made to the battleground and twaek the numbers so that it can't be cheesed. That way it would once more be what it was meant to be: a gigantic battlefield for the Alliance and the Horde to clash into for hours and hours. Not the shameful zerg for points that it is now.

There's a guild on bleeding hollow that runs AV premades most every weekend. Ironwolf Clan. They do 35 man Premade av's and get perfection everygame. I ran with them today and we didn't even take towers. We just farmed 600 resources from them at the Icewing Bunker choke.

10+ Year Old Account
    I posted this about 4 months ago :

AV

Currently :

Zerg fest with little PVP. To increase the chances of PVP happening i would :

1) Remove Iceblood Garrison and Stonehearth outpost. Place those bosses in the field of strife (FOS) in combat with each other. Bosses give a run increase Buff and a 25% HP increase to all players in the FOS.

2) Players will meet head on in the field and have to fight thier way though. Both factions will have hostile Healers, ranged and melee troops in combat with each out. Players can recruit the NPC to follow / fight with them while in the BG.

3) I also increased the number of bunkers by 1. This will also increase the number of mini-bosses in the main keep. The sheer number of NPCS plus the 5x buff will make bosses un-zerg-able.

4) Players defending bunkers and graveyards will get a honor point increase buff (like 40% for the next 5 minutes in that BG).

5) Arch Druid Renferal / Primalist Thurloga now only require 8 players to channel a spell to summon Ivus the Forest Lord / Lokholar the Ice Lord. These NPC will feed on Kills near them and become increasely stronger, after a set period of time they will leave the main keeps and pat down to the FOS. This is my attempt to stop turtles.

6) Players will get access to Air support, NPC wolf / Ram riders, and Mortars when they lose a tower/bunker. Air support can drop players behind enemy lines, Riders will Defend towers/bunkers, Mortars are on a 5 min cooldown can be dropped anywhere on the map.

Any idea?

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

The map doesn't need to be changed... Pvp just need to be encouraged here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaveros View Post
    Nostalgia or not, a lot of people agree old AV was a lot better. I have played WoW for about 4-5 years and can count the amount of epic battles and boss summons on two hands. I can't offer a solution as I have not thought of one, but the BG its self is biased towards Horde.
    but the BG its self is biased towards Horde.
    This has got to be the biggest joke ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eponzled View Post
    The map doesn't need to be changed... Pvp just need to be encouraged here.
    But the map itself is design so you can go from base to base and never engage in PVP. With my redesign, Snowfall graveyard would been in the middle of the FOS. FOS would be reduced in width so players cannot zerg past each other.

but the BG its self is biased towards Horde.
    WTF! How so?

If you did a zerg on zerg, both factions rushing the others base, The alliance will get to the horde's base, and cap its graveyard, before we get to the BRIDGE.

For the horde to win a AV we have to do 2 out of these 3 :

break the alliances zerg at one of the many chokepoints.
    and/or ninja recap our graveyards and bases.
    and/or Send a Dks and Pallys zerg to the alliance base as soon as the gates open.

Do you how hard it is to get 40 players to play defense? to get even 10 to defend 2 towers is almost impossible, hell i had a hard time talking 4 death knights into rushing with me.

In the last year, while leveling toons and in max level BGs. I have NEVER won a AV with a zerg (Horde).
    Last edited by the0o; 2013-04-21 at 07:12 PM.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Bring back Classic AV in a similar vain to Wintergrasp or Tol Barad as an "always on" realm/CRZ group bound battleground.

"New" AV remains in the random rotation.
    Make the rewards more compelling. Bring back Wintergrasp style gear (off pieces for pvp that allow you to wear another classes' shoulders) and more honor gains.

I love open world "bg's" but they suck because no one EVER plays them. Seeing 2 total people during a WG battle at ANY time sucks.

It also needs to be so that the battle is just about never-ending. That it takes hours upon hours to get Vann or Drek to show up and the off bosses are super hard. Then Vann and Drek could be new open world bosses that would only drop pvp loot; make it so that resilience can reduce these boss's damage so tanks/players aren't forced into using pve gear.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-04-21 at 07:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personal opinion is that due to Blizzard wanting BG's to be quicker it should be removed, because now its nothing more than a Zerg Fest for about 75 People. The older version worked and should be re-added. The main difference would be it wouldn't be part of the Call to Arms or Random BG que.

Blizzard's new design for PVP is for it to not last a long time. I remember 45 minutes plus Warsong Gulches, and now its 20 and the Flag Carrier debuff was added. Same reason resource maps (AB/EotS) were dropped from 2000 to 1600 resources. The problem with Alterac Valley is it isn't able to adapt well to the changes.

Anyways, I personally hope they consider removing current AV and Isle of Conquest. Similar story with Siege Engines, Alliance always zergs Docks and Horde goes Workshop, zerg walls, zerg boss. No PVP. Also Strand would be nice to be removed.

As you may have guessed I have no love for Siege Engines in BGs, and the larger ones are not really focused on PVP now.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Blizzard's new design for PVP is for it to not last a long time. I remember 45 minutes plus Warsong Gulches, and now its 20 and the Flag Carrier debuff was added.
    I'd rather say that change was to prevent premades, or at lower level insane geared twinks from farming a graveyard for hours.
    Long battlegrounds were fun, as long as the teams were doing equally good, or if you were on the winning side. Ending up in a battleground just to get farmed till you ragequit ain't fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take out all the NPCs. Make winning capping all 4 towers or killing through the resources. Have the map alternate starting positions.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    I'd make AV the place to go to farm honour in order to gear up. Remove it from the rotation and make it practically impossible to win, a sort of ongoing Wintergrasp. Make it so capping towers gives an increase to the amount of honour you receive. Every tower gained is an extra 25%, but every tower you lose removes 25%. Make it so towers aren't destroyed, instead they can be reclaimed by the other team after they have been captured. Increase the time it takes to cap a tower flag to 20, even 30 seconds, but reduce the time it takes to defend a tower to just 5, and making the overall time taken to cap a tower 8 minutes, promoting organised assaults on towers yet giving the defending team a strong chance of reclaiming the tower while it's under assault. Reduce reinforcements to 150, but reinforcements only go down when one side owns all the towers. Remove the generals. Stop bowmen interrupting when Horde are capping towers.

Just remove all PvE-action from every BG and I'll be happy enough.

Deleted
    How would I fix AV? Well my first aim would be to totally redesign the Horde side of the map as a true mirror of the Alliance side.

That means Horde side also gets a bridge, base walls can no longer be jumped over, npc layout in the base is the same, and towers are done away with and replaced with bunkers (with Horde architecture differences) to iron out the current imbalances.

I would also make it easier to summon cavalry, air strikes and the elementals so they can actually become a viable option if your faction needs some oomph.
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2013-04-22 at 11:38 AM.

Make AV have a shorter varient still 40v40 but make a harder to do version with 60v60 it would be amazing to see massive scale battles in wow again.( since noone does FTH/fTA anymore)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Revert it completely to the vanilla style, with no duration or reinforcements, and remove it from the random BG queue. Add it to the 'world battles' tab, and make it more of a permanent PvP zone.

People who don't like queueing AV don't have it on random BG queue, people who love AV can now queue it specific, and people who loved vanilla AV are also happy.
    pretty much this, I, along with many other people, miss vanilla AV! sure it was very over the top with how long some games went on for. But they were very interesting, there are loads of cool things in AV, all the turn ins and NPCs you can summon, but now its just one big lolumadbro zerg rush =/

There is something wrong when both teams just run past each other without fighting on the middle ground =/

Deleted
    I just wanted to point out that ally can cap towers without any fear cos they los archers while horde cant los them in bunkers, gg

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Revert it completely to the vanilla style, with no duration or reinforcements, and remove it from the random BG queue. Add it to the 'world battles' tab, and make it more of a permanent PvP zone.

People who don't like queueing AV don't have it on random BG queue, people who love AV can now queue it specific, and people who loved vanilla AV are also happy.
    Agreed.......