Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    3. Mastery nerf is obviously bad, but I think inevitable. By the final tier our mastery is going to be hitting hard. It can already account for over 30% of healing on some fights, which isn't bad for what is essentially our 'auto attack'. I could see it creeping toward 40% by the final tier and that's probably too much.
    OTOH, the T15 bonuses being err... less useful, it may make people go the full mastery offset road, kinda like the disc priests did in 5.0.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    OTOH, the T15 bonuses being err... less useful, it may make people go the full mastery offset road, kinda like the disc priests did in 5.0.
    They're quite useful, and the stats aren't bad enough to make the difference worth the sacrifice, the 2 piece especially is a much appreciated burst healing + AoE buff

1) Per other thread, mastery nerf's also a scaling nerf. Could consider crit instead later on? Not sure how this will alter our stats, but mastery might still end up being king especially with simply more mastery points. Spirit is definitely looking like king now though.

2) The AoE buff got reverted, so I'm not sure what to think about Daybreak. The 2 charges helps prevent "wasting" daybreaks, but the single-charge got nerfed to 75%. That and if they reverted the AoE change, it will just be a garbage ability again that is 67% overheals. Even with 2pc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    They're quite useful, and the stats aren't bad enough to make the difference worth the sacrifice, the 2 piece especially is a much appreciated burst healing + AoE buff
    Iirc, tier helm and shoulders have mastery, so that should be covered anyway.
    MMO player

Iirc, tier helm and shoulders have mastery, so that should be covered anyway.
    Yep, and the legs + gloves are Spirit Haste, so you're only taking a minor hit for the 4 piece

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Yep, and the legs + gloves are Spirit Haste, so you're only taking a minor hit for the 4 piece
    Per other thread, legs off Dark Animus can be thunderforged as well as gloves off of Durumu. Both have mastery if going non 4 pc T15.
    Last edited by cakin; 2013-04-16 at 09:00 PM.

After seeing the other necro'd thread about SoI + melee on bosses, it got me thinking; Should I be doing this every chance I get? Also, Glyph of the Battle Healer? Seems like a viable option since there arent really any must-have glyphs.

So yeah, is this considered mandatory (even though I haven't really seen it talked about much), situational, or simply optional?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    After seeing the other necro'd thread about SoI + melee on bosses, it got me thinking; Should I be doing this every chance I get? Also, Glyph of the Battle Healer? Seems like a viable option since there arent really any must-have glyphs.

So yeah, is this considered mandatory (even though I haven't really seen it talked about much), situational, or simply optional?
    Glyph of Battle Healer will do little to no healing as a holy paladin auto-attacking to get mana back. It is really only viable for prot.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Glyph of Battle Healer will do little to no healing as a holy paladin auto-attacking to get mana back. It is really only viable for prot.
    That's understandable, what about the other half of the question though? Should be meleeing anyway for mana return?

That's understandable, what about the other half of the question though? Should be meleeing anyway for mana return?
    If you can, yes. But you aren't considered "melee" for mechanics, and it's not strictly necessary.

Thank you. I'll try to keep it in mind on bosses. Since I got over the iLvL 490 hump mana has seemed much easier, though it could be much better if I wanted to get more spammy on HR

You should think of it as a bonus or something you do when you're bone dry with no mana.

Thank you. I'll try to keep it in mind on bosses. Since I got over the iLvL 490 hump mana has seemed much easier, though it could be much better if I wanted to get more spammy on HR
    Generally speaking the amount of time it takes to get an auto attack to actually proc isn't fast enough for the mana return anyway, but if you have nothing to do then you might as well, just make sure you keep Holy Shock usage up

Yeah last night in LFR I tried it out. Sometimes it's tricky or not enough time, but others with stuff like Horridon, I was able keep plenty of mana while still casting tons of HR's for raid healing. And yeah Xs, I definitely try to keep HS on cooldown.

Deleted
    stupid question here, i just hit 90 on my pala, does the absorb affect from sacred shield increase with spell power or anything? it seems kind of weak, 13k absorb isnt even half a hit in a raid. am i missing something here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    stupid question here, i just hit 90 on my pala, does the absorb affect from sacred shield increase with spell power or anything? it seems kind of weak, 13k absorb isnt even half a hit in a raid. am i missing something here?
    You missed the part where you need to spec EF
    MMO player

To be fair, the guide makes SS sound competitive with EF, which is certainly debatable.

Deleted
    Well, I've just hit 90 and never really played holy before, a lot of people are saying ss is the best and the guide made it sound quite good as well. I'll try taking ef later.

SS does scale with SP but in terms of raw strength its got nothing on Eternal Flame

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    The absorbs will be doing over 30k in raids. In full gear probably 40k.

But as people have said, no one really wants to spec sacred shield.