Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my honest opinion, no, the bombings were not necessary. What they really were, in my eyes, was a "to the rest of the world: We won't tolerate this shit, don't do what Japan did or this will happen to you" statement.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post

Attach all the current catch words like 'humane' all you like, but it's just a bunch of bullshit and everyone knows it.
    Buddy, I think what you and yours did is the scummiest thing I have ever heard, and the way you just presented it, makes me fucking sick.
    Stop spin-doctoring the reality, and the reality is that your country commited the worst crime on earth, ever.
    Actually, targeting civilians in war was nothing new or interesting. In fact, the two bombs weren't even the most dramatic (read as highest in terms of loss of life) examples of this happening in history. It was merely taking an old game and adding a shiny, new piece. Your condemnations of the descendants of the actors instead of the act itself should level some blame on your own shoulders. For instance, Canada helped, as an Allied Power, to make the attacks even possible. It wasn't genocide, but it was certainly a cruel, utter disregard for civilian lives. That isn't unprecedented, however.

From top to bottom, you guys are full of shit.
    No single person on this board equals the combined interest of America in whole or in part. In fact, even most of the Americans on this board I have conversed with are diverse enough that labeling all of us one way or another seems asinine. We hardly agree on anything, much less everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    This weak willed thinking sickens me. Japan raped, murdered, enslaved and pillaged half of Asia and the Pacific. The Japanese people did not condemn this, they did not rise up to stop this. No they went along with it, they supported it, they were proud of it.

If the bombs saved just one American, Canadian, British, Russian, or Chinese life, it was worth it.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely needed, definitely worth the cost to japanese lives.
    I am surprised that very worthy people—but people who in most cases had no intention of proceeding to the Japanese front themselves—should adopt the position that rather than throw this bomb, we should have sacrificed a million American and a quarter of a million British lives. . . .
    Winston Churchill, what a guy.

Deleted
    two words: mass murder

and no American would be sacrificed,if you wanted the Japanese to negotiate peace a mere demonstration in some uninhabited area would have them awed and they would BEG for peace before that weapon is used against them,the rest are bullshit you believe in order to not feel guilt,about those that were burned alive,those that died from cancer and those that were born with cancer in the years that followed,millions...
    Last edited by mmoc99d570be5c; 2013-04-21 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vassilisz View Post

and no American would be sacrificed,if you wanted the Japanese to negotiate peace a mere demonstration in some uninhabited area would have them awed and they would BEG for peace before that weapon is used against them,the rest are bullshit you believe in order to not feel guilt,about those that were burned alive,those that died from cancer and those that were born with cancer in the years that followed,millions...
    Yeah Im sure the japanese would be scared shitless of a bomb going off in the middle of nowhere, I guess the continuous onslaught of fire bombs that gutted entire cities just didnt quite cut it...
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-04-21 at 08:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Well, their pact certainly would not have lasted, and the Soviets have always been known for their secrecy, so it is certainly not impossible. However, since they did not act more aggressive when they obviously were able to once Germany invaded them, it still makes the whole deal a bit iffy. We probably will never know.
    I think in that regard it was a case of being caught with their pants down, the wehrmacht was an extremely effective military machine after all, especially when weather and terrain allowed for blitzkrieg style warfare.
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Well, their pact certainly would not have lasted, and the Soviets have always been known for their secrecy, so it is certainly not impossible. However, since they did not act more aggressive when they obviously were able to once Germany invaded them, it still makes the whole deal a bit iffy. We probably will never know.
    One of the reasons for poor Soviet performance in the face of the German invasion was that Stalin had been busy killing his officers and he kept doing it even after the Germans invaded. Shooting your officer corps is pretty much never a good way to win a war.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What does SK/NK have to do with Hiroshima other than rousing some thinly veiled anti-American sentiments?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Winston Churchill, what a guy.
    So Winston Churchill would prefer to nuke any enemy rather than risk troops? What a guy indeed. He'd applaud a nuclear argmageddon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    So Winston Churchill would prefer to nuke any enemy rather than risk troops? What a guy indeed. He'd applaud a nuclear argmageddon.
    Fun fact: Churchill was also an extreme racist. (not making this up, he seriously was incredibly racist)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    Wow, that is absolutely disgusting. At least military shooting eachother is humane compared to that shit.

I find that it's mostly Americans trying to sweet talk their own decision. There was no reason for the bombs, but they don't like admitting a mistake so they try to bend the truth to their will. The decision made back then can't be adjusted, so they just have to try to justify it somehow. And it's working, lots of US citizens seem to approve of it. How gullible you guys are.

The only good that came out of this is that the whole world learned the horrors and hopefully nobody uses them again.

Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    I disapprove of the atomic bombings on Japan and I'm disgraced that the country I live in committed those atrocities. The idea that it was the "best thing to do" is propoganda.

Not to mention we had broken the Japanese code and intercepted nearly all their messages, including those heavily suggesting unconditional surrender, before we even dropped the first bomb.
    Surrender when though? After we cut a bloody path of civilians to the emperor? Starve them? You gave us dates but that means nothing without an event, something to force their surrender. And who are these Japanese "leaders" Unless they are talking to the dead Emperor or the dead general Hideki Tojo it doesn't mean shit.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Wow, that is absolutely disgusting. At least military shooting eachother is humane compared to that shit.

I find that it's mostly Americans trying to sweet talk their own decision. There was no reason for the bombs, but they don't like admitting a mistake so they try to bend the truth to their will. The decision made back then can't be adjusted, so they just have to try to justify it somehow. And it's working, lots of US citizens seem to approve of it. How gullible you guys are.

The only good that came out of this is that the whole world learned the horrors and hopefully nobody uses them again.
    " Our decision"? Yes, most of us were in the War Room, making the call right along with the president and his staff. Secondly, while i'm unsure about the bombs, i do know one thing, they attacked us, and caused human casualties. Also, nation bashing is the best way to to get your point across.

You know... people go on and on about how the bombings were such horrbile acts... I mean, it could have been a lot worse.

Look at what Japan did to us. We weren't even at war with them and they attacked us out of nowhere. Sure, it was a military base, but it might as well have been a city filled with blind and deaf orphans for all that mattered. They brought it on themselves as far as I see it. Don't kick a sleeping dog then cry when you're bitten.

Proper precautiouns were taken and a war was ended.

This whole argument seems more of an excuse for Nation bashers to wave their burning flags for a while and attempt to justify their bandwagon jumping.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by vassilisz View Post

Didn't they invite the Japanese ambassador to one of the tests earlier in the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    You know... people go on and on about how the bombings were such horrbile acts... I mean, it could have been a lot worse.

Look at what Japan did to us. We weren't even at war with them and they attacked us out of nowhere. Sure, it was a military base, but it might as well have been a city filled with blind and deaf orphans for all that mattered. They brought it on themselves as far as I see it. Don't kick a sleeping dog then cry when you're bitten.

Proper precautiouns were taken and a war was ended.

This whole argument seems more of an excuse for Nation bashers to wave their burning flags for a while and attempt to justify their bandwagon jumping.
    It has more to do with knowing both sides of the story rather than just the winning side. We weren't exactly attacked out of the blue and it wasn't like they weren't provoked in the first place. Also when you are supplying someone's enemy with weapons and such.... Well, that should be self explanatory. People think that just because we are America that we are in the right. The problem is that you only see what the media wants you to see and they only tell you what the government allows them to. Our government is most certainly to blame, but so are the folks that vote them into office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    Fun fact: Churchill was also an extreme racist. (not making this up, he seriously was incredibly racist)
    so was FDR and Woodrow Wilson...

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 08:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarG View Post
    It has more to do with knowing both sides of the story rather than just the winning side. We weren't exactly attacked out of the blue and it wasn't like they weren't provoked in the first place. Also when you are supplying someone's enemy with weapons and such.... Well, that should be self explanatory. People think that just because we are America that we are in the right. The problem is that you only see what the media wants you to see and they only tell you what the government allows them to. Our government is most certainly to blame, but so are the folks that vote them into office.
    If we are playing who was provoked to do what... then I would have to say that when the Japanese were asked to surrender on 26 July 1945 and they refused, that the US was 'provoked' to take necessary action to secure that surrender... and the US even waited ELEVEN DAYS...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    so was FDR and Woodrow Wilson...

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 08:22 PM ----------

If we are playing who was provoked to do what... then I would have to say that when the Japanese were asked to surrender on 26 July 1945 and they refused, that the US was 'provoked' to take necessary action to secure that surrender... and the US even waited ELEVEN DAYS...
    Lets see there. There was advanced information that we KNEW they already wanted to surrender and only wanted insurance that they could keep their emperor which is something we weren't willing to do until AFTER we nuked them says alot. Since the victors always write the history what about their side do we not know? I do know one thing that has always been true. There are always 2 sides to every story and depending on who you ask you are only going to get as much truth as that side is willing to give because there are always things that they don't want you to know because it undermines their position. How much do we really know about what happened except what has been accepted as the truth in history books? Why does it seem that the truth changes when you read a history book from another country? I'm sorry I do not simply trust what America wants to publish regarding the truth of history because there are too many things left unanswered. So yes I question it and I question history from other sources as well. I am not so willing just blindly accept things because that is what we are expected to do as little corporate slaves.

Holy crap, you actually believe the pure bullplop you just pooped?
    First of all, if you hadn't been supplying BOTH sides, maybe you wouldn't have been bit in the ass. 2, maybe after you deliver a demand to surrender you should allow people sufficient time to react before 'humanely killing everyone'
    3: you're just fooling yourself about humane shit. If I melt your mother in a microwave, is that humane?
    Get a clue.
    4 as per usual I see excuses and propaganda, bending the truth to fit you and yours. The raw truth there is your president wanted to try them out. That's why it happened. Don't even pretend you were good guys. Don't even pretend you were humane. Don't even pretend those were military targets.
    There was NO HONOR it what was done.

Lets make no bones about it, you and yours are the ONLY people on earth to have EVER used a nuke, and the manner in which it was used, and on what targets, is not only shameful, but can only be described as an action by monsters.

Sure that nazis were evil, killed people a lot, but to pretend your bunch were any different is just fucking hilarious.
    Get off your high horse, b/c when you strip away the chest thumping and the bullshit, all you did was kill people. It wasn't cool, it wasn't deserved by the ordinary people who farm. they sure as fuck didn't want to die for the emperor, get a fucking clue, would YOU die for Obama?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Attach all the current catch words like 'humane' all you like, but it's just a bunch of bullshit and everyone knows it.
    Buddy, I think what you and yours did is the scummiest thing I have ever heard, and the way you just presented it, makes me fucking sick.
    Stop spin-doctoring the reality, and the reality is that your country commited the worst crime on earth, ever.

I think you should fucking know, in your heart, you and the actions of your country are unacceptable to the rest of the world, you are a blight on humanity, your attitude and policies bite you in the ass all the time, Boston, those kids, where are they from, then use google, wiki the history of the country where they are from. How much you want to bet your country has a rich history of bombing them to shit?

From top to bottom, you guys are full of shit.

Want an interesting lesson? Wiki list of terror attacks in america, it starts in 1800 and goes to current. Read through them. How many are 'really' terror attacks and how many of them are a molative cocktail through a window or ONE tweaked nut with a gun? The VAST MAJORITY are over religion, and involve one or UNDER 4 people. In fact, in the last 20 years, other then 911 and boston, NONE were full fledged terror attacks. Yet look at your country ramp up their 'anti-terror laws', weapons of mass destruction? Terror? The only assholes I can see who own and carry out terror plots is.....you.
    Crawl in a hole and die.

Use received infraction.
    You're welcome for winning WWII for you so you can continue to live in whatever country youre living in.

Really though, without the United States, most of Europe would be living in Germany's future. Get a grip on it, we bombed because we had to. Display of power, the humane way? Call it whatever you want. If we had sent troops in LOTS of Americans would have died. And yea, when youre at War, youre not entirely worried about the oppositions people more than youre worried about your own. So when youre decision is save ALL your troops and win the war vs lay siege and hope they surrender. Chances are your going to take the decision where far less of your own people get hurt.

Terror you say? We are not terror. We are the evil that is in place because we must be there. You dont want us at your borders? Last time we weren't there you almost lost everything. Had Europe been enough to hold itself, most of these bases wouldn't have placed in the first place.

Your countries actions are what lead to American presence globally.