Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    What is it with 10 man guilds thinking that killing Venomous as often as possible and putting off Frozen as long as possible is a good idea? The Venomous head's bomb does far more damage than any other mechanic in the fight, you should be wanting it as rarely as possible, it's not like Frozen Ground is a difficult mechanic or anything. If you're willingly putting yourself through 300k bombs from the very first head, of course your healing is going to be butchered by the end, having 2 Venomous heads spitting bombs at you will destroy the whole raid.
    cause in 10 man every blue beam takes away far much more then it does in 25 man.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

IF you have low DPS then going G/R/G/R till dead is just making the situation worse.

Throw a blue head in there too stop the posion bomb spam, dramatically lower raid damage and get on silly stuff like people being under hitcap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    cause in 10 man every blue beam takes away far much more then it does in 25 man.
    Just to glarify what he means, that in 10man you loose either 33% or 50% of your healers and 16% or 20% of your dps per beam

where in 25man... yearh well do the calculations
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2013-04-22 at 07:55 AM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

I also dont understand why this obsession with going GRGRGRG.

We did it with BRBRGRB - 2 tanks, 3 healers (disc, rdruid, hpal), 2 ranged dps and 3 melee and considering we got trashed on 6th head with poison bombs before we changed to this tactic, once we did change, it took like 3 tries to kill her. Blue beams were far more forgiving to deal with, even if you get unlucky and 2 healers get it, you can still manage.

This is one of the bosses that can be killed with various tactics, so if youre hitting a brick wall, try out different combinations until you find the one that suits your raid team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esie View Post
    I also dont understand why this obsession with going GRGRGRG.

We did it with BRBRGRB - 2 tanks, 3 healers (disc, rdruid, hpal), 2 ranged dps and 3 melee and considering we got trashed on 6th head with poison bombs before we changed to this tactic, once we did change, it took like 3 tries to kill her. Blue beams were far more forgiving to deal with, even if you get unlucky and 2 healers get it, you can still manage.

This is one of the bosses that can be killed with various tactics, so if youre hitting a brick wall, try out different combinations until you find the one that suits your raid team.
    Personally I just find the blue beam annoying. Its so much easier for my team and myself included just doing GRGRGRG
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Ok to make this really simple Kill order is GRGRGBG you leave blue as second last head to kill as you wont have to move much, secondly your dps needs to kill a head before 3 breaths otherwise its 2 much tank dmg raid healing is no problem till you hit the second last green head. Our healing comp was RShaman/Monk. First Rampage i used my Ascendance and made sure i had healing rain down, this had enough healing on the raid with out even casting another spell. Second rampage i Spirit link it and make sure i have healing rain down on the stack point before i spirit link and chain heal. Third rampage i healing tide it. At this point my cds are used like that other then when we are killing the blue head, as when we are killing the blue head their will be a lot of raid dmg after the rampage i save my healing tide for the blue head while we are killing it at this point im using my stormlash totem and fire ele to attack the boss and using my chain heal of cd and making sure i keep both tanks alive as we are 2 healing it. On the last head we blow lust and zerg the boss down with a tank swap because the tank that was tanking the red head will still have his stacks up. Thats all the advice i can give you on how to kill Megaera and good luck.

Thanks for all the help. We used G-R-B-G-R-B-G and killed him on our 6th pull. We lusted on the 5th head(Red).

Deleted
    Our major cause of death was the ticking of Cinders when people were running away from the raid. We solved that by just insta-dispelling. People would take 1 tick of the fire patch normally, but it's a lot less dmg than the ticking debuff.
    We also went from GR-GR-GR-G to GR-GR-B-RG to have a little less cinders to out so we dont get caught up by dispelling cd's.

Also 4 healed in the end, but I think in hindsight we could have done with 3.

GRGRGRG is a brute force tactic that only works with a strong healing and tank team, as others have said go GRBGRBG and you should find it much smoother.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    From a disc PoV I basically agree with what was said earlier. Having 2 discs shouldn't be an issue, but their usage of SS is pathethic, and PoM is actually brilliant during Rampage.
    As someone said before, make each disc pick a group for both rampage and green splashes, they have SS up for every Rampage (with AA ready as well), tell them to actually use it, as its great and negates the Rampage dmg pretty well if they keep on spamming their group with PoH throughout the duration of Rampage. That's 15secs of minimal raid dmg for each Rampage. They can use Barrier every third Rampage, so make them decide who does which, as Barrier helps a lot too. Make sure PoM is up for each Rampage, youd be surprised how much 2 PoMs can do. Id also suggest at least one (tbh Id say both) take Divine Star over Cascade for a 10man megaera, DS is brilliant during Rampages when you're stacked, and is usable twice each Rampage. For spothealing they can/should use offencive penance on one of the heads if people get low for whatever reason.

Your druid will have Mushrooms ready for every Rampage as well, make sure he actually uses fully charged ones each Rampage when people start dipping low.

You can symbiosis the Shadow if you reckon the extra healing cd will help you. All in all your discs aren't performing all too well, and they should shape up and look at their talents. PI and DS are very strong for said fight, as well as Body and Soul, which will help with cinders. Have people run away for the duration of the dash effect and dispel as soon as theyre far enough. Killing a blue between R and G might indeed ease things up for you.
    Last edited by mmoc94cac24f38; 2013-04-23 at 10:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No need to use cooldowns on Rampage (if you struggle on the earlier ones, then your healers need to shape up) until Rampage 5 and 6. Use your best cooldowns on 6, and your lesser ones on 5. Make certain you kill heads before the fourth breath. Your Paladin tank should use hand of purity on the DoT from the Fire Head as often as he can; even during Rampage.

You mention one of your Disc priest is atonement? Not sure what that means, but during Rampage he better AoE heal instead.

Head order really depends; our first kills were GRGRBRG, but last reset we switched to GRGRGRG which felt a lot easier but hard to say as we've been killing this boss for quite awhile already.

Make certain everyone uses personal defensive cooldowns as much as possible. During head 6 and 7 instantly dispel the Fire Cinders debuff, don't bother letting them run to a safe spot, just dispel it immediately.

Bloodlust during last rampage and zerg the final head. If you've got your whole raid up it's near enough a kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    No need to use cooldowns on Rampage (if you struggle on the earlier ones, then your healers need to shape up) until Rampage 5 and 6.
    You're right, there's no need, but if they struggle with healing I can only assume they struggle with mana as well, and seeing as the cooldowns used at first two heads will be ready again for 5th onwards (think 3min cd's as barrier) they might as well use them for the sake of saving mana.

SS I dont exactly consider a cd wasted, it's purely making the most of your healing arsenal as its the best tool for the situation for a disc, ainnit.

Deleted
    On 10 man killing a head 3 times is basically a wipe.

The order in which we do it is B-R-G-B-R-G-B and thus we don't kill a head three times.
    Besides Blue and red deals the least damage to the raid and it is green that strains the healers the most. And you can always use red and blue to negate each other if you need space.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ask your hunter to install a dot timer. His serpent sting is 38% uptime on your longest attempt. If hunter's mark is 90% then serpent sting should be very close. That's an additional 4+ million damage there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatt View Post
    We do G R G R G R G, and that works for us. So No, its not a wipe if you have strong healing.

Two Disc priest(one atonement)

What? That's like saying Two Holy Pallys(one healer)

Honestly - killing a blue head lets your raid take 0 damage (if you just move slightly).. and since you have a Warlock, a gateway is at your service, compared to a green head where almost everyone takes 100k damage per poison bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatt View Post

The order in which we do it is B-R-G-B-R-G-B and thus we don't kill a head three times.
    Besides Blue and red deals the least damage to the raid and it is green that strains the healers the most. And you can always use red and blue to negate each other if you need space.
    GRGRGRG is perfetly viable if you have really strong healers. Judging by logs some things need to be cleaned up slighty (cinder mngt is huge) 2 disc priest should perfectly fine w/resto druid, but coordination will def be needed for healing CD's on rampage. I would suggest having r-druid bring haste to breakpoint.
    For us things do not really get hairy until the 6th head but we run r-druid, h-pally, and disc. If you are able to bring in a resto sham GRGRGRG will be laughable. They are insane on this fight. If your makeup is set then it will just take some tweaking. I have never tried integrating blue in the kill order due to how strong our healers are, so I have nothing to offer on that topic.

If you have 2 priests, i suggest one of them going holy for this one.. our holy priest (who is undergeared (487 i think)), could almost solo heal rampages, which werent a problem even at last one.. We struggled a lot, until we made 2 key changes.
    1. We divided raid in 2 groups - dps and hpriest staying far from boss and shammy + disc near tanks. That somewhat lessens movement problems on heads 4 and 6, when you get almost non-stop spam of poison balls
    2. Focusing on red heads. I persuaded other DPS to save cds for 4th head and burn it quickly to minimize raid damage from poison balls. We hero'ed at #6 head and healers (i'm not sure, but they were supposed to) chained some of their cds when poison hit the floor. Tank DTPS peaks at this point due to unavoidable poison ball damage. At #7th head cds should come off and its -50% of head hp before rampage ends.

Here logs if they can help ya (especially considering we had kinda low dps / everyone except lock died at the end ). WOL /reports/l58o5r6p32dyh65z/sum/healingDone/?s=4613&e=5136

Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    We do G R G R G R G, and that works for us. So No, its not a wipe if you have strong healing.
    While that tactic sounds good in theory, near the end of the fight you're moving so much because of cinders and avoiding bombs that the benefit of not having beams is completely lost. The main reason for that tactic is avoid having your healers targeted by beams, but that doesn't matter much if they are running/dispelling most of their time. Not to mention the tank damage on whoever ends up tanking

By far the most forgiving tactic is B - R - G - B - R - G - whatever.

- (almost) Minimal tank damage
    - Blue doesn't do any raid damage, so killing this first is optimal in that sense.
    - Red does minimal raid damage, so killing this second is optimal in that sense.
    - Green does the most raid damage (and requires most movement), so killing this is last is optimal raid dmg and dps wise.

Other tactics are viable, but just add an unneccesary level of difficulty to the fight.