Poll: Which Side would Win

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Stick Rommath and Halduron in with Theron imo. It's only fair.
    Agreed with this. Not only do Alliance get the 3 Dwarves (all of whom are useful classes), but Horde get Gallywix, who is a merchant. It's only fair Horde get something to even it out.

Due to Horde asking for it the addition of Halduron and Rommath has been added

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    With all the current heated debates going on at the minute regarding the upcoming dethroning of Garrosh as war chief of the horde and the role the alliance will play in the siege, a lot of people were trying to see which horde leader would become the new war chief.

Well it got me thinking about the leaders of all the major alliance and horde factions.
    What would happen if the leaders of the horde fought the leaders of the alliance in a rated battleground team on team scenario.

No armies , neutral ground , no extra help ( e.g. Jaina uses the focusing iris. )

So your teams

Team Horde

Garrosh Hellscream (Warchief of the Horde) <- Still War Chief (Warrior)
    Sylvanas Windrunner (Queen of the Forsaken, Leader of the Horde in the Eastern Kingdoms) (Dark Ranger)
    Baine Bloodhoof (High Chieftain of the Tauren) (Warrior)
    Vol'jin (Leader of the Darkspear Trolls) (Shadow Hunter)
    Lor'themar Theron (Regent Lord of Quel'Thalas) (Ranger)
    Trade Prince Gallywix (Trade Prince of the Bilgewater Cartel) (Merchant)
    Ji Firepaw (Leader of the Horde Pandaren) (Monk)
    Thrall (Horde representative in the Earthen Ring and former Warchief of the Horde) (Shaman)
    Varok Saurfang (Former High Overlord of the Kor'Kron Guard and Leader of the Warsong Offensive) (Warrior)
    Rexxar (Chieftains of the Stonemaul clan)(Beast Master)

V.S.

Team Alliance

King Varian Wrynn(King of Stormwind) (Warrior)
    Tyrande Whisperwind(High Priestess of Elune, Leader of Darnassus, Leader of the Western Alliance) (Ranger Priest)
    Malfurion Stormrage(Leader of Cenarion Circle, Co-Leader of Darnassus) (Arch-Druid)
    Muradin Bronzebeard / Falstad Wildhammer / Moira Thaurissan(The Council of Three Hammers)(Warrior / Gryphon Rider / Priest)
    Jaina Proudmoore(Ruler of Dalaran as of Mists of Pandaria), Co-Leader of the Western Alliance)(Mage)
    Genn Greymane(King of Gilneas)(Warrior)
    Prophet Velen(Leader of the Exodar Draenei)(Priest Prophet)
    Gelbin Mekkatorque(King of Gnomes, High Tinker of Gnomeregan)(Warrior)
    Aysa Cloudsinger(Leader of the Alliance Pandaren)(Monk)
    Vereesa Windrunner(Ranger General of the Silver Covenant)(Ranger)

Please keep your arguments on point and explain your ideas about why you feel that one team might best another.

Please do not turn this into a flame thread.
    You know, I'm gonna have to give it to the alliance. The Alliance pretty much have 2 trump cards, those being The Arch-Druid who is like 200 times older than the entirety of the horde leaders combined, has more combat experience than all of them combined, and is the most powerful druid on Azeroth, and the Arch-Mage, who is a little more reckless, much younger, but still one of the most powerful mages on Azeroth.

The Horde pretty much only have 1 trump card, which is Thrall, and since Ji Firepaw is more of a fighter than a healer, that means that Thrall would be the only healer on their side, as opposed to the Alliance who would potentially have 3-4 healers, with the rest being pretty much Warriors.

So in-game we all know Warriors are pretty deadly if they close the gap. They're more durable, they hit hard, and they can keep themselves going long enough to be healed. The Horde is much more versatile in their classes, but like I said, if the Alliance closes the gap, it'll more than likely be a short fight.

Instead of having 2 leaders be a "3in1" just leave the Horde leader by himself and give the Dwarves King Magni.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance has Malfurion, the Horde loses already.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Alliance dominates horde in number of mary sue's so that pretty much obvious they win. Unless metzen decides to posses thralls body. Then even gods won't save us.

It simple really all horde gotta do is group up. Burst down the priest (velen). Pray thrall can keep the group up with ji throwing off heals. Meanwhile we suppress them with strong melee cleave damage. Wait for CD to be back up and take out Malfurion. Rest is easy as pie.

10+ Year Old Account
    The alliance..

yeah, its hard to admit, but weighing up all characters, the alliance has more powerful house currently.

The horde has a group of mostly warrior characters, some shadowy characters with some unique skills, and of course the worlds most powerful shaman.

The alliance has is share of warrior characters, some unique characters, but then it also has the worlds most powerful sorceress and the worlds most powerful druid.

Now if malfurion was to do his thing of staying out of any horde/alliance conflict then its kind of balanced powerwise, but then you'd also need to cut a horde character from the mix, that being obviously Garrosh since he's set to go, and then you got a nice balance.

If you take malfurion out of the mix and cut Garrosh from it, since he will soon, you have a pretty even score.
    #boycottchina

Well it seems that alliance have a good lead on the horde leaders in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Alliance has Malfurion, the Horde loses already.
    He doesnt do anything ive rolled into darn and raped his wife and all he does is just stand there playing with his man purse

Anway the horde leaders are more physically stronger than the alliance leaders but the alliance leaders are more magically and mentally stronger

but im gonna be a complete fanbois and say HORDE FOR THE MOTHERFUCKING WIN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The alliance..

yeah, its hard to admit, but weighing up all characters, the alliance has more powerful house currently.

The horde has a group of mostly warrior characters, some shadowy characters with some unique skills, and of course the worlds most powerful shaman.

The alliance has is share of warrior characters, some unique characters, but then it also has the worlds most powerful sorceress and the worlds most powerful druid.

Now if malfurion was to do his thing of staying out of any horde/alliance conflict then its kind of balanced powerwise, but then you'd also need to cut a horde character from the mix, that being obviously Garrosh since he's set to go, and then you got a nice balance.

If you take malfurion out of the mix and cut Garrosh from it, since he will soon, you have a pretty even score.
    If you cut Malfurion, you gotta cut Thrall. They've both entered into the same nebulous "for the betterment of Azeroth" shoes as of recently.

Anyway, I'd have to go with Alliance. Most powerful casters, powerful healers, a werewolf, and a gnome. Come on. Can't beat that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am terribly amused because I came in the thread to say 'focusing iris' only to see it's been like NO NOT THAT.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde will ofc win.. We have the nukes, and we all know that AoE only harm enemies..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Even tho I like the horde leadership the combined power of

Malfurion & Jaina & Velen would just crush all opposition.

Thrall and Sylvanas would prove to be the hardest Horde leaders due to Thralls power and Sylvanas being able to negate casting but once they fall its over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If you cut Malfurion, you gotta cut Thrall. They've both entered into the same nebulous "for the betterment of Azeroth" shoes as of recently.

Anyway, I'd have to go with Alliance. Most powerful casters, powerful healers, a werewolf, and a gnome. Come on. Can't beat that.
    No. I already told you, the alliance has 2 powerhouses to its name, the greatest sorceress on azeroth, and the worlds greatest druid. All the horde has in terms of power is the worlds greatest shaman. So for balance alliance will cut out one of its powerhouses and the horde cuts one of its weaker leaders to balance it.
    #boycottchina

Thrall wouldn't help. And horde are known for their inability to properly coordinate an attack. So yeah. Alliance all the way.

I actually believe most of the folks read the poll as "which one would you like to win?" instead.

No way the poll should be that close - Alliance faction leaders should win it.

Horde has one guy that can potentially break the battle by himself - Thrall; he's shown that he literally has earth-shattering powers. However, Alliance has Jaina and Malfurion, both game-breaking by their own right as the most powerful faction mage and druid in the game. In addition, Velen's probably the best holy healer in WoW after the Naaru themselves.

Horde simply can't burst down any Alliance healer - they have a few. They best coordinate with CCs, but Alliance also has plenty of that, too. The Alliance can burst down Thrall (who is pretty much their only heal capable guy).

There are also a few that will cancel out: Varian vs still-not Sha-Garrosh (Varian's better, but not significantly so), Saurfang vs Muradin (they play the same role in ICC so I assume they're close in strength), perhaps the Pandas.

Actually I imagine Garrosh dies first because he charges Gelbin or something and gets contained easily within a stun.

C'mon, you underestimate Garrosh.
    He just 1shot Anduin and the Divine Bell, he is immune to Sha energies (divine bell endquest), and also in the Trapping the Leader horde dominance offensive story quest, he just massacre 30-40 mogu warrior and saving our butts from the Mogu War Leader Shan Kien who traps us (yes us, and we are the champions).

Plus if you remember in the Wotlk opening event he duel with Thrall and he is defeating the shaman, just the Scourge invasion stop that duel. And in that time he isn't even wielding that cool Horn on his shoulder :O).

That was retconned in one of the books. Thrall basically handed Garrosh his hind quarters on a platter.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Malfurion isn't an Alliance leader at all... neutral to both factions.
    And Thrall too.

And no Velen is not as powerful as Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden, Velen is an original Eredar and he never got empowered by Sargeras like his "brothers".
    Also his main powers consists of predicting the future, he's a prophet, not a powerful fighter.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-04-23 at 04:41 AM.