Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ra-den sounds beast in Russian. Grats to Exorsus on the kill!
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    I watched the Russian vid and wont bother watching Method or any others for two reasons. one, the first looks boring as batshit (was exciting watching them aoe heal the damage in last phase - but that got old after a while). two, if guilds wana play this 'I wont release a vid until XXX have killed it or under YYY conditions' game then I wont bother watching their vids in favour or those who have the balls to just release it first. The only thing holding them back releasing earlier is their own over-inflated sense of self worth and ego.
    Ye and I'm sure you've never watched a Paragon video .

Deleted
    We will see this video (or the one from method's kill) on mmo-c front page once BL realese theirs.
    Same happened with lei shen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Whoa there, don't pop a blood vessel. Have you considered that a major reason they don't release videos is not to screw other guilds? They don't want to spoil it by giving everyone a working strat. Handing out strats (especially Lei Shen or strat intense bosses) could be detrimental to other guilds rankings as well as their own. Why would they do that?

I doubt they hold onto their videos thinking "Oh man, everyone must be getting so mad we're not releasing it, lets make them wait more! Hah get fucked!". They have their reasons.
    You're somewhere between naive and delusional if you think guilds withhold videos so they 'dont screw other guilds'. Its to elevate themselves first and foremost (or attempt to, at least). There is no 'they are doing it for the greater goodness of the raiding community' rubbish going on. Thats just a cute, convenient PR spin you can use while trying to preseve and elevate your own status. I'm surprised a couple princesses actually believe it, lol.

Ye and I'm sure you've never watched a Paragon video
    I love Two Steps from Hell and Immediate Music - both of which Paragon has been featuring in their videos for years. That alone makes them must-watch, imo.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2013-04-22 at 11:40 AM.

I watched the Russian vid and wont bother watching Method or any others for two reasons. one, the first looks boring as batshit (was exciting watching them aoe heal the damage in last phase - but that got old after a while). two, if guilds wana play this 'I wont release a vid until XXX have killed it or under YYY conditions' game then I wont bother watching their vids in favour or those who have the balls to just release it first. The only thing holding them back releasing earlier is their own over-inflated sense of self worth and ego.
    you do realize that multiple GM and well known raiders from top 10 Guilds Personally asked rigg and sco to not release the vid till tuesday's reset right? to give 1 more week of a actual race for those guilds that still had pulls this week. Midwinter for example kenny loggins posted on this forum a few days ago in the World first thread saying how he hoped that they would please not release the vid till tuesday. Guess what midwinter killed it tonight. Now we will never know if they killed it cause of the video's or there legit strat's and thats really sad cause midwinter worked there ass off this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    you do realize that multiple GM and well known raiders from top 10 Guilds Personally asked rigg and sco to not release the vid till tuesday's reset right? to give 1 more week of a actual race for those guilds that still had pulls this week. Midwinter for example kenny loggins posted on this forum a few days ago in the World first thread saying how he hoped that they would please not release the vid till tuesday. Guess what midwinter killed it tonight. Now we will never know if they killed it cause of the video's or there legit strat's and thats really sad cause midwinter worked there ass off this tier.
    they should ask exorsus as well.

Ra-den looks pretty boring tbh :\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Ra-den looks pretty boring tbh :\
    the true end boss was Lei Shen

Now we will never know if they killed it cause of the video's or there legit strat's and thats really sad cause midwinter worked there ass off this tier.
    The community doesnt give a shit about this kind of thing. Its only 'a big deal' for a few people in a few guilds.

Once the race is over, people can stop pretending like they're still in the running for winning a Bronze medal in the special olympics second chance draw. Nobody outside of a tiny group of guilds/players cares by that point. So just give the community what they want instead.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2013-04-22 at 11:55 AM.

blood legion had better gear on the kill than guild 3-4, and paragon had better than guild 2 in 10man.
    unlike lei shen where world firsts were also least geared kills with world second/third having better and better ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    I guess you mean how the anima orbs are always killed with no repercussions?

edit: Paragon just said on IRC that they took so long because they were not aware you could cheese the fight like that
    Just when you thought the T15 world first race was all out of drama... Though I imagine Blizzard were watching them as they were learning this strategy, so I'd wager it's legitimate in their eyes.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

The community doesnt give a shit about this kind of thing. Its only 'a big deal' for a few people in a few guilds.
    Nor the community knows about the Exorsus video less than about methods. There will be a minor difference in amount the of views compared to a earlier release from our side. Exorsus only gets themselves a bad name while gaining nothing really!

Deleted
    GG Exorsus...Nice video!...Its a game afterall. You taught these egocentric European "elitist" douches a good lesson. Ppl seem to have forgotten wow is just a game and a game with great community. Ppl need to be part of such great achievements as soon as possible.
    Last edited by mmoc7db8c28b88; 2013-04-22 at 12:00 PM.

Deleted
    Paragon vids are always great because of the music used; the same goes for BL vids (especially combined with the boss sound files included).
    However, thanks to Exorsus releasing their vid. Also, Ra-Den indeed sounds beast in Russian.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post
    Nor the community knows about the Exorsus video less than about methods. There will be a minor difference in amount the of views compared to a earlier release from our side. Exorsus only gets themselves a bad name while gaining nothing really!
    Exorsus got themselves a bad name by releasing a video? Doubt so. I'd be more careful about who gets a bad name here, especially since you and your guild mates insulted Paragon in the other thread.

Idea that exorsus will give themselves a 'bad name' is laughable. Done the opposite for me in fact. Outside of a couple fanboy sheep here who no doubt post to agree with you and say 'i agree with justwait in method!' - the only thing people care about (and will remember) - is that they finally got to see the kill video - and that exorsus delivered it first. And Method was too busy stroking their own ego to release it for them - until forced to.

The bad thing still is that the fight/video is boring as batshit. The only thing worth watching is the AOE healing required for last phase and raid-CD coordination used to help stem that.

The good thing is that Ra-den does sound totally badass in Russian.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2013-04-22 at 12:01 PM.

Yes, and only the few people in a few guilds should matter. The "community" has no vote in this. But of course the mob screams the loudest.

Deleted
    Gratz for the kill AND the video, at least you managed to achieve something as "first" guild.

Doubtful, the community seems to rallying behind them and against you at this moment going through the comments on each page =\

Seriously, method isn't coming across well right now.

But since when did the "community" know what's best for the game at large, eh?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Yes, and only the few people in a few guilds should matter. The "community" has no vote in this. But of course the mob screams the loudest.
    Without the community, no one would care about the race for world firsts. Sorry, if you fail to deliver.. others will take your spot.

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 12:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgok View Post
    Gratz for the kill AND the video, at least you managed to achieve something as "first" guild.
    Here you go, bashing starts early for Method members today... now say again that Exorsus is making themselves "a bad name".