Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post
    Nor the community knows about the Exorsus video less than about methods. There will be a minor difference in amount the of views compared to a earlier release from our side. Exorsus only gets themselves a bad name while gaining nothing really!
    The way Method members have acted on these forums lately I'm sure it isn't Exorsus who is getting a bad name here.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Idea that exorsus will give themselves a 'bad name' is laughable. Done the opposite for me in fact. Outside of a couple fanboy sheep here who no doubt post to agree with you and say 'i agree with justwait in method!' - the only thing people care about (and will remember) - is that they finally got to see the kill video - and that exorsus delivered it first. And Method was too busy stroking their own ego to release it for them - until forced to.
    The only reason you like the release is because of the drama and disrespect it's showing.

Great video, great music, ra-den sounds awesome.
    If this is the 5th overall and the 3rd 25 man (afaik) i don't really see the point in waiting to release the video. Esp if the community didn't ask them specifically.
    Grats on the kill.

Deleted
    The only reason you like the release is because of the drama and disrespect it's showing.
    I'm more than sure that we're liking the movie because it has great editing, music and a badass russian Ra-Den. Everything else is caused by your clan leader on Exorsus youtube comments and your members on MMO-C.

15+ Year Old Account
    wtb video of the rp in english
    Sig by Safhira

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgok View Post
    Gratz for the kill AND the video, at least you managed to achieve something as "first" guild.
    Lorgok, you personify everything I despise about WoW community today. Judging by the reaction of your fellow guildies today, I see its not an exception but a rule in your guild. Wow, Method, just wow!!!! You have been taught a good lesson today. I hope you all will derive the proper conclusions from it for yourselves. If Method want to preserve the respect some people may still have for them, you better do it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmay View Post
    Ye and I'm sure you've never watched a Paragon video .
    They are still better videos than anything method has come up with over the years.

Deleted
    gratz Exorsus! Keep up the good work!

People seem to forget many of the aspects in regards to how this all works. Then again, maybe they just don't understand in the first place. I will do what I can to explain it.

All of this interest and desire for the community to follow the 'race' is created due to how complex and entertaining it is. To say that 'its just a game' is a bit of an understatement. Sure, its a "game" that we all play, but at the same time it is much more than that. This isn't something as simple as playing Angry Birds on your iphone while you're waiting to fall asleep at night. It's far far far more complex than that.

Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Yes, time plays a -huge- part in it, but that isn't even close to the whole puzzle. Do you think its a coincidence that the Top 4 Guilds on Lei Shen (unlimted pull counter) finished in the Top 4 on Ra-den (limited pull counter)? The top guilds are where they are because of many variables, strategy, talent, and chemistry being among the most important. I say that not to open an entire new can of worms, but rather to let you know that much more goes into this type of thing than many people realize. That, along with the fact it pains me to see guilds work their asses off to get where they are at/should be only to have it ruined by something outside of their control. Example:

Do you think that the guilds that are still working on the fight and are super close appreciate a video being released in the middle of the week? What about the guilds who have ALREADY USED their 30 attempts? Get real. Do you think its fair to them to be at a lower ranking because another guild waited until Sun/Mon/Tue to use their pulls and was able to copy a video from another guild?

No matter how you spin it, the vid shouldn't have been released during the middle of this reset. I understand people wanted to see it, and everyone would have seen it after this raiding cycle reset. Everyone needs to understand that this is all bigger than them. This isn't about what some random person wants to see 'now' instead of the 'appropriate' time. I realize that some of you will disagree and support the side of releasing videos as soon as you kill a boss, but hopefully this gets through to some of you and allows you to see the issues with having things like this happen. Either way it goes, whats done is done. I just hope the top guilds are able to agree on things going forward on things like this and it doesn't turn into an issue again. Maybe it will, maybe it won't, we'll just have to see. Regardless of the outcome, you can be assured it is something we are pushing for.

The purity of the race is something that allows people to see the actual talent of these guilds and not just who can copy a video the fastest.
    Last edited by rigginsbear; 2013-04-22 at 12:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    I watched the Russian vid and wont bother watching Method or any others for two reasons. one, the first looks boring as batshit (was exciting watching them aoe heal the damage in last phase - but that got old after a while). two, if guilds wana play this 'I wont release a vid until XXX have killed it or under YYY conditions' game then I wont bother watching their vids in favour or those who have the balls to just release it first. The only thing holding them back releasing earlier is their own over-inflated sense of self worth and ego.
    No, it's out of respect of the other guilds still progressing. NOTHING about having balls, just being a dick.

Exactly this, jealousy is nasty tbh.
    Last edited by mmoc282c47af3d; 2013-04-22 at 12:30 PM.

Great video, Ra Den voice is epic. But... Only me noticed that the monk did 2.1 times MORE damage than the 2nd place and 2.3 more DPS. I'm sorry to ask, but how is it possible?

BL vid is the best up to this point, really nice editing. Exorsus vid comes afterwards and then Methods.

Quote Originally Posted by rigginsbear View Post
    People seem to forget many of the aspects in regards to how this all works. Then again, maybe they just don't understand in the first place. I will do what I can to explain it.

All of this interest and desire for the community to follow the 'race' is created due to how complex and entertaining it is. To say that 'its just a game' is a bit of an understatement. Sure, its a "game" that we all play, but at the same time it is much more than that. This isn't something as simple as playing Angry Birds on your iphone while you're waiting to fall asleep at night. It's far far far more complex than that.

Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Yes, time plays a -huge- part in it, but that isn't even close to the whole puzzle. Do you think its a coincidence that the Top 4 Guilds on Lei Shen (unlimted pull counter) finished in the Top 4 on Ra-den (limited pull counter)? The top guilds are where they are because of many variables, strategy, talent, and chemistry being among the most important. I say that not to open an entire new can of worms, but rather to let you know that much more goes into this type of thing than many people realize. That, along with the fact it pains me to see guilds work their asses off to get where they are at/should be only to have it ruined by something outside of their control. Example:

Do you think that the guilds that are still working on the fight and are super close appreciate a video being released in the middle of the week? What about the guilds who have ALREADY USED their 30 attempts? Get real. Do you think its fair to them to be at a lower ranking because another guild waited until Sun/Mon/Tue to use their pulls and was able to copy a video from another guild?

No matter how you spin it, the vid shouldn't have been released during the middle of this reset. I understand people wanted to see it, and everyone would have seen it after this raiding cycle reset. Everyone needs to understand that this is all bigger than them. This isn't about what some random person wants to see 'now' instead of the 'appropriate' time. I realize that some of you will disagree and support the side of releasing videos as soon as you kill a boss, but hopefully this gets through to some of you and allows you to see the issues with having things like this happen. Either way it goes, whats done is done. I just hope the top guilds are able to agree on things going forward on things like this and it doesn't turn into an issue again. Maybe it will, maybe it won't, we'll just have to see. Regardless of the outcome, you can be assured it is something we are pushing for.

The purity of the race is something that allows people to see the actual talent of these guilds and not just who can copy a video the fastest.
    First, no one asked exursos to not upload the video.

Second, those guilds can choose not to watch the video.

Third, what makes you think that we care about every single guild in this game ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for shareing

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

<snip from Rigg, Super Moderator of the Raiding community>
    A lovely post, I thank you. But ultimately, I doubt the community care about whether or not the western 8th or so kill gets screwed up here, I appreciate it sucks for those few, but I really don't see the community giving a shit.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    First, no one asked exursos to not upload the video.

Second, those guilds can choose not to watch the video.

Third, what makes you think that we care about every single guild in this game ?
    First, it was obvious that they should have waited.
    Second, are you retarded?
    Third, being inconsiderate asshat is not a virtue.

Russian Ra-Den sounds amazing.

Also who cares when videos are uploaded? The only reason you shouldn't do it is so you don't tip off the competition - which is irrelivent at this stage since the tier is now 'over' when it comes to world firsts.

Talk about respect all you like, demanding it doesn't entitle you to it. If someone doesn't respect you, you can't change that fact by complaining about it.

And if we're going to talk about respect, what about Method and Blood Legion seemingly disregarding Paragon's World First on Lei Shen by entitling them 'World 1st (25)' and 'World 2nd (25)'?

If you want respect, you should give it as well. Food for thought, eh guys? Though I know what sort of replies I'll get - indignant pompous retorts by people who think far too highly of themselves or their chosen avatars.

<lots of text>
    The question is, how long do you wait. First 5 kills ? First 10 kills ?
    This was the 3rd kill - that's it, gold, silver and bronze were given out.
    Furthermore the guilds didn't ask them to not release their video (or at least i haven't seen any mentioning of this).
    I don't think that the guild has any responsibly to go on forums and look for messages addressed to other guilds and then decide to release their video or not.

Deleted

Hopefully people dont truly believe that you are some online gaming heroes. The hard truth is, no one cares about the opinion of you, Method or anyone else. If you agreed on something, by excluding other top guilds, then its purely your own problem... or more of the guilds who didnt kill the boss in time.

Let me cut the bullshit and try to snap you out of it:

People don't give a shit about any of this. You're trying to live out a fantasy world where the 'purity of the race' is preserved for an appropriate time decided by... well, you. Where 'the randoms' (aka nearly the entire community) should all just sit down, shutup and accept Kim Jong-un's proclaimations as to whats acceptable and whats not, for reasons you ever so kindly stipulate we must accept. Yes, master!

Its somewhere between naive and silly. I applaud the naive conviction you have for wanting it, but am amused at the silly desire to play out this fantasy. People clearly dont give a shit in the same way you do - outside of a very select few, in a very select few guilds - and their groupies.

I hate to break it to you - but you're in a bubble. Wake up. Next time - release videos earlier.

People should know the main reason not to release videos is to service the ego and self worth of the guilds in question. Its not about the bs the guy I quoted said. Its to attempt to stop other guilds catching them on progress, thus making one guild look better, for longer. The above quote is just part of the rambling rhetoric used to justify it - dont believe that rubbish for a second.

Grats to whoever gets the world first kill, maybe world second - then release the video. Whoever else after that can simply suck it up - they lost the race and we dont care how it affects them. The community doesnt give a crap whether it interferes with your ego, your strat, or your sense of self worth - when the video is released.

I'd also like to pickup on your laughable downplaying of the importance of time-investment, but i'll let that one slide for now while my above points sink in.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2013-04-22 at 01:12 PM.