Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    One theory that I've seen thrown around a lot is that Garrosh is going to kill Thrall to anger the orcs. Considering that Garrosh is the antithesis of Thrall, and the orcs were more than happy to go along for Garrosh's joy ride, I'm going to bet that Thrall's death wouldn't anger as many people as we think it would.

I think it would have to be another war hero whom Garrosh killed for shock and awe, so my bet is going to Garrosh and Thrall having a stare down before Saurfang shows up, honorably challenges Garrosh, and dies in combat. Bonus points if its an underhanded death.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    Sorry mate, I have to disagree. They already have too many characters that will want the killing blow. No point adding another into the mix.
    Blizzard should make the final scene with all of them violently beating Garrosh to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post
    One theory that I've seen thrown around a lot is that Garrosh is going to kill Thrall to anger the orcs. Considering that Garrosh is the antithesis of Thrall, and the orcs were more than happy to go along for Garrosh's joy ride, I'm going to bet that Thrall's death wouldn't anger as many people as we think it would.

I think it would have to be another war hero whom Garrosh killed for shock and awe, so my bet is going to Garrosh and Thrall having a stare down before Saurfang shows up, honorably challenges Garrosh, and dies in combat. Bonus points if its an underhanded death.
    again, why do people think saurfang cares.

his son is dead, hes not gonna come into orgrimmar and run for warchief of the year guys
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by pawsz View Post
    Wotlk was ages ago, I doubt blizzard planned that far ahead.
    Based on Dev. interviews and just how the game has played out, it's pretty clear that the huge storyline arcs are planned many years in advance (at least the main points). Garrosh's rise and fall were probably known by BC when he was introduced. Looking back at Wrath with hindsight it's obvious they were building his character and story so much that he was going to become a much bigger plot device.

His story arc has been playing out over four expansions -- how few characters have received in-game lore attention to the depth he has for that long ? He's one of the most-developed characters in the game ... he's had as much or more in-game development than any of the expansion final bosses, and more than most of the faction bosses -- characters who've been part of the Warcraft franchise for much longer than WoW itself has existed ... Arthas' arc played out over several years with many of the major points set in place for much of that time ... I'm sure Garrosh is no different in that regard ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Based on Dev. interviews and just how the game has played out, it's pretty clear that the huge storyline arcs are planned many years in advance (at least the main points). Garrosh's rise and fall were probably known by BC when he was introduced. Looking back at Wrath with hindsight it's obvious they were building his character and story so much that he was going to become a much bigger plot device.

His story arc has been playing out over four expansions -- how few characters have received in-game lore attention to the depth he has for that long ? He's one of the most-developed characters in the game ... he's had as much or more in-game development than any of the expansion final bosses, and more than most of the faction bosses -- characters who've been part of the Warcraft franchise for much longer than WoW itself has existed ... Arthas' arc played out over several years with many of the major points set in place for much of that time ... I'm sure Garrosh is no different in that regard ...
    i think if you look closely you can tell they are doing the same thing with anduin, from wrath to mists hes seen huge amounts of character development.

which is why anduin should do it!!! @_@

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE PLOT DEVICE!!!!!
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    blizzard hasnt explicity stated what will happen only that he definitely will be dethroned. but at this point his perverting shamanism, killing trolls in the streets, hes trying to kill gamon.

he gone die
    Have they even confirmed he gets dethroned ? I thought all that was confirmed is that our characters go in there with the intent to dethrone him ... I know they've talked about the Warchief "after" Garrosh (that it's not Thrall ? that it's not who we'd expect ?), but who knows for how much longer Garrosh is Warchief ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

To all who say that Saurfang would not come back and doesn't care about the Horde. He does care, he just stayed in Northrend for two reasons, one was to mourn, and the second reason was to stay as the last remaining force of the Horde in the north. I believe that Thrall will send for both him and Rexxar.
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Have they even confirmed he gets dethroned ? I thought all that was confirmed is that our characters go in there with the intent to dethrone him ... I know they've talked about the Warchief "after" Garrosh (that it's not Thrall ? that it's not who we'd expect ?), but who knows for how much longer Garrosh is Warchief ...
    i remember in the press release they definitely threw the word dethroned around alot while never actually saying the word die

Deleted
    I don't think they forgot about it, but Vol'jin also threatened to kill him, and it's hard for Saurfang to kill him when Vol'jin has aleady fired an arrow through Garrosh's heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbraker View Post
    To all who say that Saurfang would not come back and doesn't care about the Horde. He does care, he just stayed in Northrend for two reasons, one was to mourn, and the second reason was to stay as the last remaining force of the Horde in the north. I believe that Thrall will send for both him and Rexxar.
    what makes you think this? hes in northrend because he wants to take all his anger out on the people who took his son away.

reminds me of that episode of the walking dead clear.

what makes you think this? hes in northrend because he wants to take all his anger out on the people who took his son away.

reminds me of that episode of the walking dead clear.
    I believe it was in the Shattering book where it is mentioned that he stayed behind to make sure their new allies are supported still as well as help keep some of the wondering scourge in checked as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nah anduin is way too pansy to kill anyone.
    OT: It will be malkorok. Considering how cliche wow writing become, i simply refuse to believe blizz won't implement typical " X you treacherous dog" moment. Then malkorok will do typical "just as planned", explain his horribly overcomplicated plan and reveal himself as "....." (fill yourself).

blizzard hasnt explicity stated what will happen only that he definitely will be dethroned. but at this point his perverting shamanism, killing trolls in the streets, hes trying to kill gamon.

he gone die
    I find the "trying to kill Gamon" part hilarious. I laughed when I saw Korkon surrounding him in a screenshot. If Garrosh really wants him dead why doesn't he take the 5 second walk it takes from the entrance to Grommash Hold, swing his axe once, and walk back xD

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbraker View Post
    I believe it was in the Shattering book where it is mentioned that he stayed behind to make sure their new allies are supported still as well as help keep some of the wondering scourge in checked as well.
    yeah and when all those scourge are gone? expect saurfang to all of a sudden "go missing"

It would be cool if it were going to be Saurfang, but I just don't think it'll be him. After Wrath he pretty much disappeared from the game.

yeah and when all those scourge are gone? expect saurfang to all of a sudden "go missing"
    I think you fail to know who exactly Saurfang is...He is the MIGHT OF KALIMDOR, and when Hellscream's son threatens not just the orcs, but the Horde as well as Kalimdor, you can be sure to see him cleaving the way to Garrosh's throne.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Burning Crusade was ages ago, and still Garrosh went from being a whining kid into a warmonger.
    He wasn't a whining kid, he was depressed that Thrall's grandmother was dying and thus he would need to lead. Which is something he didn't trust himself with given the guilt of his father's actions hanging on his shoulders. We are meant to believe that Garrosh was leading just fine when the greatmother was still healthy, she'd give Garrosh orders and he'd follow them out. He'd kick enemy ass just fine, until she got sick. It's just that he was scared of what he might become if he had to make the choices himself. And he was right, because look what he's doing now?

People shrug off the character development of Garrosh as being too much 180 degrees switching, but I disagree. It makes quite a bit of sense.
    WotLK saw him embracing his father's legacy, after he learned there was also good in his faction's actions. That his father redeemed himself and freed all Orcs of the demonic corruption. So he let go of his fears and embraced his personality. That's why he was such an asshole in WotLK, he didn't back down from anything and would always give his opinion. Just like his father.

Then we have the pre-Cataclysm event, in which Garrosh once again tells everyone that he doesn't want to become Warchief, that he isn't fit for it and that he'd rather stay commander of the forces. This fits perfectly with his identity in Burning Crusade, he fears he isn't good enough, that he will make the wrong decisions. But Thrall tells him it will be fine, so Garrosh just does his best although he's his father's kid so we know where that leads us. He has potential for greatness, but also potential for horrible things. Just like his father, who was a hothead as well.

It's not until Mists of Pandaria that his personality seems to get really dark somehow. This is the biggest twist in his character, before he was just a hothead and an aggressive leader (which a lot of Orcs are mind you). Now he suddenly orders assassinations and starts working with experimental weapons. What gives? He must've snapped. But the Sha/Y'Shaarj can explain that. Garrosh did set foot on Pandaria remember? He could've been influenced right as he got off the boat, especially since Pride seems the strongest Sha of all. And that influence is only growing and growing, making his decisions darker and darker. So we'll fight Garrosh, but turns out the Sha/Y'Shaarj possessed/corrupted him, just like his father got corrupted by Mannoroth a second time, but we go and redeem him. He may die in the process, or he may not. I think Blizzard is still keeping their options open on that one, that's what Metzen was talking about when he hinted at Garrosh' future.

Who knows if there won't be an internal struggle in Garrosh? Even if he does die, I can see him doing something that gets him remembered as a great warrior of the Horde at least. Like Grom. Grom was also an asshole, attacking Alliance even though Thrall told him not to. But Grom compensated by freeing the Orcs in the end. Maybe Garrosh will somehow do something as well? Will he fight back?

Yeah, I really do hope there is a deeper storyline this time around than simply Blizzard going "yeah corruption is bad, here's your final boss mkay."

10+ Year Old Account
    they'll tie him to a post, and each person who claimed they would end his reign will take turns beating the orc out of him. Jaina will zap him with the Thundering Staff of Antondias. Lor'themar will stab him a few times or something. then Thrall will give him a lengthy speech about honor and Lok'tar Ogar.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Blizzard should make the final scene with all of them violently beating Garrosh to death.
    Yes, that really makes all of them better than Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    A little "E tu Brute"... Ceasar-like "dethroning" is in order for Garrosh imo.