Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    They're just polar bears. O_o They don't even have any real flourish in their design. Not that I'm sure it would have helped because I hate bears, always have, even teddy bears. I've never understood the appeal of the creatures.
    I can't really understand it either.

While Kodan looks Ok and all, they just looks like polar bears standing straight up. I can't understand people who goes ''OMG KODAN PLAYABLE RACE PLZ.''

It's just a bear :|

Maybe the reason why I dislike Pandaren too.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    Maybe the reason why I dislike Pandaren too.
    Umm...except the reason you just explained doesn't work? While Kodan literally look like Polar Bears, Pandaren do not look like Pandas. I'm not a fan of either, but give credit where it's due.

To be honest I'd rather have more customization options than another race anytime soon. More faces, more body types, more hairstyles. I think the races in this game were very well done, so I just want them enhanced. Can't ever bring myself to like Asura though...they're butt ugly. Kinda cool in mesmer masks, because then you can make a ninja Dobby.
    BAD WOLF

I like Asura, but I have to admit for the females there are really only two decent faces and two decent hairstyles. I've been trying to design a second female Asura for a while now, but I keep coming back to the same features my existing one has because I don't like any of the others enough.

I wish they'd added some sort of face framing hair to the two braided hairstyles. I am not keen on the exposed forehead look on Asuras. I'd also love to see a better spectrum of blue skin tones, or at least darker blues than the two they have.

While Kodan looks Ok and all, they just looks like polar bears standing straight up. I can't understand people who goes ''OMG KODAN PLAYABLE RACE PLZ.''
    Could be applied to Tengu as well. Birds that stand straight up. Or any animal-humanoid type race.

Heck, what are the Charr? Cat creatures standing on their hind legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Could be applied to Tengu as well. Birds that stand straight up. Or any animal-humanoid type race.

Besides, it's the culture that seems awesome from what we've got. Their glacier-boats are cool, their god and wisdom, etc. They could have the motherboat as city.

Hmm, I really like the Kodan. Maybe not the actual Polar Bear look of them, could care less about that actually, but their culture and history are really interesting to me.

Hey guys. Any hints on the update in 8 days? I haven't found anything but the "We are looking at traits" (might be bs) and Living Story.

I hope that the fact that they did SBA doesn't get to be an excuse for a smaller patch xD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Hey guys. Any hints on the update in 8 days? I haven't found anything but the "We are looking at traits" (might be bs) and Living Story.

I hope that the fact that they did SBA doesn't get to be an excuse for a smaller patch xD.
    i thought there main focus this patch was spvp

nono the pvp patch was february (hysterical laughter and tears, many many tears...)

Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    i thought there main focus this patch was spvp
    One can only dream lol

Deleted

The difference is that Kodan just looks like polar bears that stands up with humanoid hands, then there's really nothing else to it, except some armour and a weapon. Tengu sure looks like a bird in the face, and having feathers but I have never seen a bird looking that humanoid standing straight up.

Charr? Well Charr looks like a big kind of cat animal with horns, and an overgrown overbody.

That's pretty much it, while Kodan just looks like polar bears standing on their back feet. Tengu and Charr at least looks like a fantasy creature. Kodan background is pretty neat though, with floating ice mountains with sails and such.

Considering every single Kodan I've seen in game looks identical I'm not sure why there's even any comparison argument to playable races. You cannot even tell the difference in gender between male and female. They are all totally white from head to toe, there are no alternative fur colors, distinguishing markings, or 'hair' styles, etc.

The same may be true about Tengu, I honestly haven't seen that many of them or paid much attention when I did, but supposedly this is the concept art from when they were being considered as a playable race:

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    The same may be true about Tengu, I honestly haven't seen that many of them or paid much attention when I did, but supposedly this is the concept art from when they were being considered as a playable race
    if they still have their Ninja-run-animation I'm sooo playing one.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 08:33 PM ----------

Anet confirmed that the new dungeon (Flame and Frost finale) is only temporary. Man, what a disappointment I'm writing my bachelor thesis and probably will see the dungeon in a youtube-video only. WHY do they have to remove it? Arah is still acessible. Honor of the Waves is still there. WHY??

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1882236

The dungeon itself will be available for a limited amount of time, as it is tied to the ongoing story. The possibility of revisiting the content is not out of the question, however. It just becomes a matter of determining where and when it makes sense to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post

Well..Rangers are getting buffed for dungeons. That's all i learned.
    Yep

what do you guys/girls think about the new dungeon being temporary only?

Well it would be nice if they had a functional LFG tool to go along with it

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    what do you guys/girls think about the new dungeon being temporary only?
    Think it's only a "dungeon" for the purpose of advertisement. Betting it'll functionally be another PS/LS type instancing.

If it's anything like the single dungeons we got for april it probably won't be missed.

Think it's only a "dungeon" for the purpose of advertisement. Betting it'll functionally be another PS/LS type instancing.
    well it seems that you can't solo it, so it's for 5 people. Then you got the bosses... it sounds like a decent dungeon for me. When I look at most current dungeons and think of what the holiday-team managed to accomplish so far, I'd say it will be a much better dungeon than anyone before.