Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I like what they our doing to our main abilities damage increase in 5.3, it is much needed to keep a balanced DPS on boss fights and when all CD's are off we will still be able to do some damage instead of feeling useless. It will deffinantly help to spike my burst in pvp which will make up for the severe lack of Defensive CD's in my enhancment shamans inventory. But having a shorter CD on SS will cause Acendence to become seriously OP, as much fun as it would be, 3 Stormblasts with 75% damage increase alongside Hero and other damage CD's would probably be able to take out the whole team. Acendance is a beast Talent as it stands in 5.2, honostly i think its already OP as is and i would rather not change the stats of it, or the Cooldown.

What i feel needs to be addressed is enhancment shamans totems, they do far too little are very bulky and now cant be used when silenced. Totems are our biggest defense
    so whats the point of not being able to use them when silenced, and unless your using totemic projection your always resummoning on top of an enemy player using all your GCD's on totems, just give us the talent Totemic Projection and make something new for that tier. Just having TP gives us a huge advanatage against enemies and eases the pain of managing totems (which is a big problem for enhancment, especially without add-ons) plus it just feels like a natural talent for a shaman to have.

Lastly we are a melee class, why do we only have two melee abilities??... SS and LL are the only abilities we need to be in melee range to use. Dont get me wrong both are awsome abilities, LL espiecially since its difficult to use properly. but i can't count how many times iv had a healer down to 15% with both LL and SS on CD and all i can do is auto attack and throw a cruddy Lightning Bolt... C'mon blizz give us some melee flare, maybe a LL that can Proc off Flame Shock, or a 20% execute like Mark of Death you gave rouges in 5.2, just something to keep the melee battle alive against that enemy player instead of always kiting untill you can hit them with a LL or SS

I didn´t expect dmg buffs. My dmg is ok. It´s just below the broken specs. But ofcourse I appreciate these buffs. ^^

As mentioned we could really need buffs to survivability. I usually don´t die as long as I can hit something. Our selfheal is great. The 40% dmg reduction from the Unleashed Fury effect for Rockbiter Weapon should be changed into something more useful. Or does anyone carry (and switch to) a Rockbiter imbued third weapon to survive burst?
    The new Glyph of Lightning Shield with 10% dmg reduction will be a required glyph for PvP.

We could need more uptime on faster targets. Even with Frozen Power my uptime on Holy Paladins and Resto Druids is close to nothing. A dispellable slow is crap.

I was thinking maybe it would be possible to look at turning a spell like Spirit Walkers Grace into making your weapons to damage from range, just like Acendance, but without the damage boost. You could put a 1.5 sec cast time on it to activate, maybe some cool elemental effect or whatever and wham-o range melee attack for 12 seconds while giving you breathing room while kiting nasty plate wearers around, and things like staying out of monks rings of disarm. If ya wanna make us happy put a haste buff on it too

Enhance stand out way too much in bg's and Areana's having to be the first ones in as melee, any smart team stomps the shaman first then, they continue on there day. I hope Blizz will do something drastic with us since we need another ability or some sort of defensive CD to not get blown to the moon, or jupiter, or with blues the next galaxy over.

I tried Rockbited Buff with Unleased Ele much to complicated to time and just plain confusing really, dont know why shamans have that imbue? Then i tried Primal Ele and the EE 40% damage reduction is nice, though he should still attack with less of a buff. until you break the totem with tremor, which is quite regularly. its all just too clunky.

Good idea or Bad idea?

Good idea! :-)

And we need our totems off the gcd. And usable while CCed. Actually even without totems I usually don´t have a free gcd too often. If I want to place a totem, I have to set something else aside. Pretty much the opposite to Deep Freeze for example.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazebeard View Post
    I was thinking maybe it would be possible to look at turning a spell like Spirit Walkers Grace into making your weapons to damage from range, just like Acendance, but without the damage boost. You could put a 1.5 sec cast time on it to activate, maybe some cool elemental effect or whatever and wham-o range melee attack for 12 seconds while giving you breathing room while kiting nasty plate wearers around, and things like staying out of monks rings of disarm. If ya wanna make us happy put a haste buff on it too

Enhance stand out way too much in bg's and Areana's having to be the first ones in as melee, any smart team stomps the shaman first then, they continue on there day. I hope Blizz will do something drastic with us since we need another ability or some sort of defensive CD to not get blown to the moon, or jupiter, or with blues the next galaxy over.

I tried Rockbited Buff with Unleased Ele much to complicated to time and just plain confusing really, dont know why shamans have that imbue? Then i tried Primal Ele and the EE 40% damage reduction is nice, though he should still attack with less of a buff. until you break the totem with tremor, which is quite regularly. its all just too clunky.

Good idea or Bad idea?
    idea is alright altrought i dont think it will give us much survivability and that is what we really need, some combat reseting ability like dispersion, detereance, iceblock, invisibility, something that would diskurage enemy from picking you as first target cose you will be able to survive initial stun/burst

call of winds
    envelop yourself with grate tornado that absorbs all incoming attacacks for 6 sec, usbale while stuned, silenced or feared

also would change glyph of spirit walk to add 3 sec snare & root immunity while Spirit Walk is used instead 15 sec cd reduction
    Last edited by kosajk; 2013-04-19 at 08:48 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure turning enhance into range dps is the solution. I play enhance to fight face to face, if i want to attack from range, i would play a caster or hunter. Either a passive defense buff or an on use strong one is the solution.

And they have to remake our entire totem system.
    tremor < - > earthbind < - > stoneclaw
    grounding < - > capacitator < - > stormlash

I was just readiing the part of today's pvp blog post, "they dont want warlock's gateway to be easily stomped", i will be honest, it made me crack up a bit.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    What I'd love for 5.3 is a change to our AoE mechanics. Either a new instant AoE spell (think Whirlwind), a glyph to make Chain Lightning work more Whirlwind-ish (do lightning damage to all enemies within melee range, same cooldown as CL, instant cast, low mana cost) or a different way to spread Flame Shock (one that doesn't rely on a frickin' 10 second cooldown).

The totem HP changes are really nice though. It sucks when you're doing old content and you have no means of AoE'ing because mobs die before you can spread Flame Shock and it only takes a single hit for your Magma Totem to be destroyed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinzil View Post
    The totem HP changes are really nice though.
    These were reverted a few patch notes ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    These were reverted a few patch notes ago.
    Oh. Well shit.

Wouldn't Ascendance's stormblasts be double dipping with these buffs giving a touch more burst?
    Stormblast is seeing a 20% buff + the mental quickness change. Seeing how Stormblast is affected by mastery and is nature damage, seems that it would be buffed twice with these incoming buffs.

I only wish I knew what the coefficients were so I can figure out what sort of increases I can expect from fight to fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakala View Post
    Wouldn't Ascendance's stormblasts be double dipping with these buffs giving a touch more burst?
    Stormblast is seeing a 20% buff + the mental quickness change. Seeing how Stormblast is affected by mastery and is nature damage, seems that it would be buffed twice with these incoming buffs.

I only wish I knew what the coefficients were so I can figure out what sort of increases I can expect from fight to fight.
    but stromblast is buffed only by mastery, its not taking any dmg from Spell power

two handed enhancement shaman
    how could be?
    Im not playing wow atm but i just have this crazy idea that wants me to try it out
    i could have atleast fun with it in pvp? if not viable

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damire View Post
    how could be?
    Im not playing wow atm but i just have this crazy idea that wants me to try it out
    No. Just plain no.

Deleted
    Over the last few days I noticed more so than before just how death in the water we are when silenced. It was always a bit bad to get silenced just as you wanted to SR or heal but now that you can´t even drop totems your survivability drops like a rock. I think we really should be able to cast totems while silenced again and off the GCD if possible. Nowadays totems have all the drawbacks of being spells on top of being destroyable without any upsides over regular spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    Over the last few days I noticed more so than before just how death in the water we are when silenced. It was always a bit bad to get silenced just as you wanted to SR or heal but now that you can´t even drop totems your survivability drops like a rock. I think we really should be able to cast totems while silenced again and off the GCD if possible. Nowadays totems have all the drawbacks of being spells on top of being destroyable without any upsides over regular spells.
    Even before the nerf, and even before totems made the jump to cooldown based, where inferior to other mechanics. Being cooldowns while retaining their disadvantages and unable while silenced put the nail in the cofin though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Could be that Blizz wants to redo the entire aspect of the class next expansion, and that is why they just dosen't do anything with it for now. So we get used to it, so when they finally re do or remove them all together, the whine wont be that bad
    Time is on our side

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Could be that Blizz wants to redo the entire aspect of the class next expansion, and that is why they just dosen't do anything with it for now. So we get used to it, so when they finally re do or remove them all together, the whine wont be that bad
    its same story from 3 expansions and nothing really changes, etleast they get pve almost ok

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damire View Post
    how could be?
    Well, i have managed to "1 hit" some in bgs and open world pvp with a 2hander. but its not so much WF that does it anymore. its the full cooled Berk with SB for 250-300k and with upcomming melee swings and LS, Stormlash totem hits and so on. even resilience targets have fallen pray hehe its not working very good as Advent^ said, you go oom intant and you get even more bloat without LL so its more or less melee swings and the hard hitting SS. but as always big hits has its moment ^^

to the problem at hand! i feel like the SS and LL buff is needed tbh, as most ppl have said already i dont know how many times ive had ppl on 15-20% and just have a puny ES to toss at em. instead of a nice finnisher like execute, killshot and Shadowburn we have nothing but Es and maybe a Lb. and to make up for the bad intrupt lockout or the fact that we dont even have HR or a Popper stun, i think we need that Dmg buff. as it is now in 5.2 i find it really hard to deal with a skilled healer on your own. it takes Careful timing with the cools and even then! a paladin could just buble and rdruid pop tree and easily Overheal it. what i think is the root to all bloat and spiky dps in pvp is the fact that maelstroms are counted for as good source of dmg in pve. but can barely be called a source in pvp. since we have so many things to do with our Maels. like off healing, Hexing and even sitting on em for a few sec to get that perfectly timed Hex/heal, and thats something no other class have to deal with. sacrificing a source of dps for heals and cc, apart from a GBC (of which we do aswell) so i think what would help alot is maybe Upp the DMG of Lb in pvp so that you really want to use it, and so that it Feels when you do. right now its just silly hitting for 20ks and critting for max 50ks in pvp thats really shit. thats on the dmg front... and yes i do also agree that survival is needed, imo passive would be the best since we got wicked healing from time to time so that 10% LS change will help Alot i think. but i still feel like we lack that powerfull def cool that pretty much says "hey im a fucking rock now bitches" most classes have that. and to add that we have lower hp pool than most classes we could really do with one.

My Sum of this wraped up: i like the incomming changes! but i still Feel like enh is still a pretty weak class/spec compared to many others. Wont stop playing my 8 year old shaman just cos were in a dry patch! though only idiots nobbs and nostalgia junkies plays enh nowdays but were a proud bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I agree. I think they didn't have enough time in beta (despite shamans asking why not fixes). They upgraded/updated a lot of specs.
    I think Shaman are going to be completely redesigned in next xpac (possibly fotm status?). All we can do now if you enjoy shaman is weather the storm and accept the mild buffs to damage and the lack of survival.

Next beta it'll be Shamans getting a lot of attention and every other spec getting minor tweaks. So that'll be interesting

Enhancement is still the coolest spec imo, even if it is underplayed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, shaman since 8 years, enhance since 6, forever in love.
    Time is on our side