Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    IT WILL BE BACK!!!!

someday some other network will pick it up O-O i know it will

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 04:33 PM ----------

BLASPHEMY!!!

SIMPSONS AND FUTURAMA ARE STILL MILES AHEAD OF FAMILY GUY!!! LIGHT YEARS EVEN!!!

o-o
    Did you laugh at spider pig?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nario64 View Post
    I was under the impression it was cancelled a long time ago. It's actually news to me that it still had new episodes. If it's not on Sunday nights in amongst Family Guy and the Simpsons the I missed it.

Let me guess, it was on Sci-Fi only? Or something like that.
    It was on Teletoon here in Canada.

I thought the new episodes the last couple of seasons were actually pretty good, better then the first season to be honest.

finally, now end simpsons, and dudes, family guy and south park and even american dad surpassed simpsons and futurama years ago. Simpsons has derailed into a politically correct crapshow, while futurama was honestly never THAT good, seth macfarlane is pretty much a comedic genius and his shows are hilarious and keep being that way. Lets not even discuss how much better south park is.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2013-04-22 at 08:49 PM.

Deleted

It is a sad day for TV. It was an awesome show, hopefully it'll be like last time where they were just like "JK! It's coming back".

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Family guy's ok, at least it's better than what futurama/simpsons were morphing into
    Family Guy has been going down hill for a few seasons now, American Dad sucks as hard as ever and The Cleveland Show is generally just fucking stupid. The Simpsons hasn't been good in about 6 or 7 seasons now. Since some of their old writers left, it's been really bland and has constantly attempted to be trendy and popular rather then original. The fact that they have guest voices literally every episode tells me that they have run out of ideas. At least Futurama maintained it's humor and was still pretty good at the end of last season. But the random airing times and dates really hampered the viewer ratings, plus Fox not taking it back really screwed things. I mean really, people would rather watch Bob's Burgers or American Dad over Futurama? Those shows are shit, the former is boring as all hell and the latter is beyond immature and stupid. I don't want to live on this planet anymore if that is the case.

Deleted
    THANK GOD!!!! hopefully the simpsons and south park is next. 3 piles of total and utter garbage

10+ Year Old Account
    *sniffles *kicks the ground *hangs head *big deep sigh

Damn. Damnit. So many GREAT episodes & well written/acted/directed characters & stories. It should NEVER have been cancelled the 1st time. Fucking dildofaces that run stuff & make such dirty donkey ball licking decisions anyway.

If you can think of a FUTURAMA quote or meme or some sort of homage then the writers & FUTURAMA chars did their job :) Here's one most WoW players will recognize~ plz add your own in respect & tribute <3

Last edited by sugarlily; 2013-04-22 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darebear View Post
    THANK GOD!!!! hopefully the simpsons and south park is next. 3 piles of total and utter garbage
    How can you not like the Simpsons are you a monster?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    finally, now end simpsons, and dudes, family guy and south park and even american dad surpassed simpsons and futurama years ago. Simpsons has derailed into a politically correct crapshow, while futurama was honestly never THAT good, seth macfarlane is pretty much a comedic genius and his shows are hilarious and keep being that way. Lets not even discuss how much better south park is.
    how can anyone think family guy is better than futurama and the simpsons O_o

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rennadrel View Post
    family guy has been going down hill for a few seasons now, american dad sucks as hard as ever and the cleveland show is generally just fucking stupid. The simpsons hasn't been good in about 6 or 7 seasons now. Since some of their old writers left, it's been really bland and has constantly attempted to be trendy and popular rather then original. The fact that they have guest voices literally every episode tells me that they have run out of ideas. At least futurama maintained it's humor and was still pretty good at the end of last season. But the random airing times and dates really hampered the viewer ratings, plus fox not taking it back really screwed things. I mean really, people would rather watch bob's burgers or american dad over futurama? Those shows are shit, the former is boring as all hell and the latter is beyond immature and stupid. I don't want to live on this planet anymore if that is the case.
    bobs burgers is one of the best shows on tv!!! How dare you not like a show with kirsten schaal, eugene mirman, and jon benjamin!!!! You are a monster @_@

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 05:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Did you laugh at spider pig?
    i didnt think the movie was that good, but the show is still fine
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    How can you not like the Simpsons are you a monster?
    it's beyond bad these days. i'd throw in some quotes but it's basically just the entire episode

10+ Year Old Account
    It's obvious that people enjoy shows like the simpsons/ south park etc more than futurama as they are still on the air, so it can't be that great can it :P

I don't know why people say x,y or z shows should be cancelled...just don't watch them if you don't like them,there is like 999 other channels it's not hat hard to figure out...just watch shows you enjoy and let other people do the same... It's same with people that complain about geordie shoreshore/ jersey shore...people complain about them so much and the shows just gain popularity because more people are talking about them... if you don't like it just don't watch it -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad. Other than that stupid nature episode that I think was the last one, I enjoyed most of the newer seasons.

I don't understand how a show can keep getting canceled, not picked up, and keep going. Do these networks have bipolar, ever-changing minds? I don't get it.

It's a good show, it always has been, but how can one even expect this to be the end? Considering the nature of the show, it almost has to go out with a bang (probably literally).

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 05:55 PM ----------

Wait, without Futurama, what is Al Gore gonna do?

Deleted
    I live in Germany and we generally get to see new episodes a bit later since they need to be dubbed first.
    But I agree that Futurama and Simpsons have been going downhill in the newer seasons, and the best picture to explain my feelings is the following:

I'm glad our channel airing Simpsons (ProSieben) shows older episodes regularly, because I find them to be funnier in an original kind of way.
    Even though I've seen most of them a couple of times now... the new episodes just seem to be on the brink of retardation.

Now Futurama's descent is similar for me. Partly because the german dubbing suddenly decided that Hermes, who did not have a jamaican accent in the first seasons, now needed one. Without changing the voice actor, mind you. Same actor, now with fake accent. Irritating.
    But that's beside the points, I could just as well watch the original dubbing.
    The content, however. See above.

I don't really want to throw in this comparison in case anyone feels offended, but I've also seen this happening with Spongebob Squarepants.
    The first seaon(s?) had so much hidden adult humour in it, well thought out jokes and references, the characters were loveable.
    But the newer seasons try to cater to the youngest generation in which utter retardation, violence and schadenfreude are somewhat "cool".

I guess that's the natural decline of every show sooner or later. Eventually you run out of ideas, but you can't just make a full stop.
    Last edited by mmoccb0479d480; 2013-04-22 at 10:47 PM.

Meh I remember not liking it around a year or so again. I don't know how it is lately but if it kept going the way it was then this is no surprise

10+ Year Old Account
    God dammit, again?! It's my favourite show, and I've liked the recent seasons as much as the original ones. And now it's cancelled for no raisin.

That's fine by me i loved the show when it was on fox was bummed it was canceled then. When CC renewed it i thought it would be awesome but it wasn't the same show just couldn't get attached to the characters again.

Deleted
    It should have been canceled a long time ago. Some things should just end before they turn bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    that is one thing i didnt like about it, one week they would be dating, next week they hate eachother, one week they are dating other people, next week they are in love. its like they couldnt decide whether to be in a relationship or not
    Yah this is the primary reason why I never really watched anything past season 4 or the movies that and it all seemed so rushed like many of the half assed, rushed, quantity over quality tv shows these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love futurama and south park. Although family guy stoped being funny along time ago and i love south park to much to say what im about to say... this is going to hurt me alot but, south park is heading in the direction of the simpsons. It started after Cthulhu and friends and i think matt and trey should just put it out of its misery. I think they are cleaver writers but the show is just loosing its charm, but its miles better than family guy. Seth mcfarlen is a hack who thinks hes funny and cleaver but is in fact is very unoriginal.

Some of you people take your cartoon tv watching too seriously. No reason to get mad or try to compare X and X like we're doing some PC vs Mac sorta thing.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.