PvE trinkets in PvP is finee.

Yo, I recently got the wushoolays trinket and I decided to give it a whirl in PvP, even tho the proc chance can be shitty. I've had some really fun experiences with that trinket. This is a footage of me soloing a resto druid against a 2300+ team in 3s. I punched my table so hard that I accidentaly disconnected my monitor from the power supply lol, hence why I stood there for awhile.

http://www.twitch.tv/flhar/c/2184479

I do find it hilarious when locks bitch about anything. The class is broken overpowered in rbgs and exceptionally strong in arenas. In fact, it's literally never been weak in the history of arenas.

Also, 300k chaos bolts on full pvp gear on ptr ftw.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I do find it hilarious when locks bitch about anything. The class is broken overpowered in rbgs and exceptionally strong in arenas. In fact, it's literally never been weak in the history of arenas.

Whole of cata has destro been weak in arena. If pve items were not as attractive for pvp warlocks are balanced in arena, especially destro, no spec has to cast that much.

With full pvpgear, maybe double offensive trinket, the highest cbolt you'll meet is 180 k (procs of lightweave, weapon proc, trinket proc, on use trinket and offensive gemming and a 2min cd)

Looking forward to 5.3 where sh1t gets reduced around one ilvl.

great in rbgs? yes
    exceptionally strong in arena? no
    and they have had bad seasons in arena, while it is def not often they have had "bad" seasons

In fact, it's literally never been weak in the history of arenas.
    Then you clearly are someone who hasn't played throughout the history of arenas. Warlocks were arguably the best caster dps in arena during seasons 1-4. They then got over-nerfed (along with resto druids) with the launch of WotLK. Warlocks were basically the equivalent of rag dolls in s5; anything and everything rolled over them.

Broken overpowered? No
    Really really good? Sure

Exceptionally strong in arenas? No

Destruction warlocks were good in arenas for a total of 4 seasons. s6/s7/s8 then s12, which wasn't even that good with warriors/hunters going rampant

Oh and getting 150k-200k full cds+proc crits in arena is amazing, let alone 300k...

We are really strong in rbgs, but arenas? not really.

Afliction and Demo damage outside dark soul is pathetic. Destro relies on a 3sec cast to have decent burst, any decent team is going to turn your life into hell and you wont be able to get 80% of your CBs off, and good luck fighting shammies, since grounding a 3sec cast is really hard. In a season when almost all other casters have 80% of their burst in instants it sounds kinda lacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    If warlocks are doing so good at the moment, may I ask why they have such a pathetic representation in arena and why Destruction is the only spec doing good in RBG?

EDIT: Just going to leave this here, but unless they are going to change how unerring vision of lei-shen vision works for warlocks in 5.3 it might make destruction overpowered. But that's about it.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-23 at 01:26 AM.

what is your definition of pathetic? I like playing Enhance and Ret, so if a spec of lock is pathetic what does that make enhancement and ret when we talk about representation?

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    If warlocks are doing so good at the moment, may I ask why they have such a pathetic representation in arena and why Destruction is the only spec doing good in RBG?

EDIT: Just going to leave this here, but unless they are going to change how unerring vision of lei-shen vision works for warlocks in 5.3 it might make destruction overpowered. But that's about it.
    Warlocks are only overpowered in the " cool " factor. Everyone wishes they could launch nuclear missiles from the palm of their hand

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossxout View Post
    what is your definition of pathetic? I like playing Enhance and Ret, so if a spec of lock is pathetic what does that make enhancement and ret when we talk about representation?
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-3-0-1.html Locks in 3s
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-3-0-1.html Paladins in 3s
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-3-0-1.html Shamans in 3s

Ret nor Enh are doing good, I'd say their representation is pretty bad as well. They work in certain comps, just as every spec works in a certain comp and there is probably some team with a ret or enh shaman that is rank 1 in their battlegroup, and I'm just saying that to save Yvaelle the time for giving such a typical answer.

Destruction is pretty much the only spec doing "fine" when looking at the numbers, but keep in mind that because both Affliction and Demonology are pretty garbage and Destruction is the most played PvE spec as well, the 2.2k+ number is higher then where it should be, making the spec less "fine" than "fine".

To be fair, Resto Druids are the easiest healer to burst down.

They don't have Priest's Focused Will + 75K bubble, Paladin's Bubble, Monk's Bubble + Stun Immunity and have minimal on demand instant healing.

They're garbage class in arenas now compared to almost every caster and they ARE weak in arenas right now. If you've had unpleasant expirience of being 1v1ed by lock there's no reason to talk nonsence. Locks that're doing decent now are riding on their skill and teammates (ok mages) shoulders.