Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    They haste cap so easily that they need higher uptime on something that's only really benefitting half their damage past that point. It does make sense, yes.
    What GCD caps so easily? Wrath?

Frostbolt near perfectly hits GCD cap with Hero and the gem procc, and that's around 40% Haste (though this excludes Raid buff, but still).

I thought Boomkins wanted to stop getting Haste at a certain point...? (and I'm pretty sure it's not 40%)

(I used Frostbolt by comparison because both spells have a base 2.0s cast time)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

with 10296 haste rating when we have natures grace which is just about all the time we are gcd capped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    This is getting annoying. Please stop.

Do you not understand what "Luck" and "RNG" is? It's very VERY rare.
    -snip
    It's HIHGLY UNLIKELY, BUT IT CAN STILL HAPPEN.

-snip

Correct reasoning as to why SimC is wrong: They overvalue L90 talents. That's why Arcane is #1 for us, and as we know, unless you're in a 25m guild and allowed to stand still for a whole fight, you'll NEVER outDPS Fire or Frost.
    i do understand probability. You seem not to or your the unluckiest man on earth.. on one night of durumu you had consistently bad rng? more than i have had in over 6 months of raiding ? cmon..
    My point about people claiming rng is that it is likely to happen so rarely that if you experience it all the time then maybe something else is wrong ?.. And my 2end point is that there is several of other factors to your dps, and is a bigger part of your total dps as well.

your reasoning behind simc is just laughable. no comments.

Any way i know your posting history dragon and your just posting to post. I know you will keep going but seriously this is my last comment now. GL with your rng

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wrath, any instants, starsurge. The only thing that doesn't hard cap out is starfire, which given the haste levels from dark666105 here, hits ~1.3s.

Frostbolt nearly GCD caps without hero. I'm only like 1.8k haste away from it, something that might be obtained this week.

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    with 10296 haste rating when we have natures grace which is just about all the time we are gcd capped.
    D'oh! I forgot about NG, my bad XD

Regardless, the wording just sounded foolish. <_<

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    i do understand probability. You seem not to or your the unluckiest man on earth.. on one night of durumu you had consistently bad rng? more than i have had in over 6 months of raiding ? cmon..
    My point about people claiming rng is that it is likely to happen so rarely that if you experience it all the time then maybe something else is wrong ?.. And my 2end point is that there is several of other factors to your dps, and is a bigger part of your total dps as well.

your reasoning behind simc is just laughable. no comments.

Any way i know your posting history dragon and your just posting to post. I know you will keep going but seriously this is my last comment now. GL with your rng
    When did I ever say "I consistently had bad RNG"?

Pretty sure it's been proven. SimC is flat out wrong with Mages and overvalues L90 talents, but feel free to think otherwise.

Aight. Cya. Also if you really think I'm here posting to post, that's... wow. Wouldn't I get more bang for my buck to constantly post in off-topic or general discussion? No, I want to see change in the meta and my tweets to GC say so, too. TBH, YOU'RE the one here posting to post as you're still trying to keep me off-topic. I've yet to see many of your posts even be close to the topic at hand, but whatever.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-04-23 at 12:17 AM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Looks like you guys are getting the proc rate for fire buffed http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ixes-april-22/

So in the most recent hotfixes this was buffed for us. Does anyone know the new rate? I'm pounding on dummies and cant notice a change from 5-10%

the hotfix might not be in yet, at least for the lesser charm one that is going to hit on the reset so that might as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    the hotfix might not be in yet, at least for the lesser charm one that is going to hit on the reset so that might as well.
    I would be shocked if anything but the raid changes would be in before scheduled maintenance.
    It will take a restart to update the effects of all metas, but raid boss changes, so long as you soft reset your instance, should repopulate the instance with the new versions of the bosses.

Has anyone been able to find the new expected coefficient up anywhere?

Guys, I'll be posting logs tomorrow on the dummy (after I do all my weeklies >_>) with multiple tests as Fire (standard rotation, scorch spamming, etc).

Until then, just be patient for exact numbers. They also didn't give us the new coefficient.

Deleted

Frostbolt near perfectly hits GCD cap with Hero and the gem procc, and that's around 40% Haste (though this excludes Raid buff, but still).

I thought Boomkins wanted to stop getting Haste at a certain point...? (and I'm pretty sure it's not 40%)

(I used Frostbolt by comparison because both spells have a base 2.0s cast time)
    Guess what, Incinerate (the main filler-spell of destruction warlocks) is also a base 2.0 sec cast. As a matter of fact though it wouldn't even be possible to keep it from gcd cappinng during gem procc + heroism. I'm sitting at 7k haste right now and have .85 sec incinerates during either heroism or the gem procc. Whenever both of them are up, incinerate is more like a .5 sec cast.
    The key word here is "backdraft", different classes just work different.

As a consequence, despite the lower coefficient for fire, the gem is even worse and less epic for destruction than it is for fire. It's not just bad, the procc itself is actually annoying, as it destroys any fluent rotation. But I guess Blizzard won't give us a boomkin-like uptime of the gem (and to be honest, playing with the severely lowered procc-rate after the hotfix is actually more fun and pleasent as destruction).

Well.. it's awesome (and maybe too awesome) for affliction at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    Guess what, Incinerate (the main filler-spell of destruction warlocks) is also a base 2.0 sec cast. As a matter of fact though it wouldn't even be possible to keep it from gcd cappinng during gem procc + heroism. I'm sitting at 7k haste right now and have .85 sec incinerates during either heroism or the gem procc. Whenever both of them are up, incinerate is more like a .5 sec cast.
    The key word here is "backdraft", different classes just work different.

As a consequence, despite the lower coefficient for fire, the gem is even worse and less epic for destruction than it is for fire. It's not just bad, the procc itself is actually annoying, as it destroys any fluent rotation. But I guess Blizzard won't give us a boomkin-like uptime of the gem (and to be honest, playing with the severely lowered procc-rate after the hotfix is actually more fun and pleasent as destruction).

Well.. it's awesome (and maybe too awesome) for affliction at least.
    ... *blinks*

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not; Haste is the WiS stat for Destro I thought...

Or is it the best when you use GoSup? I know it's the worst with GoSac.

Deleted
    It would be the best with Supremacy and it is absoloutely insane how Rain of fire interacts with haste and makes the rotation hectic as hell during bloodlust and gem proc (3 sec rain of fires to keep 100% uptime on ftl)

The gem is by far and away the worst for destro unless you are abusing the last split second of it for chaos bolt casts.

Guys, I'll be posting logs tomorrow on the dummy (after I do all my weeklies >_>) with multiple tests as Fire (standard rotation, scorch spamming, etc).

Until then, just be patient for exact numbers. They also didn't give us the new coefficient.
    I'll save you some time, it's 0.697.

Inb4 "SOURCE?!??!?"

True. I'll wait for someone to post a source too.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somaa View Post
    I'll save you some time, it's 0.697.

Inb4 "SOURCE?!??!?"
    Source...? I came to post it's 0.702.

... *blinks*

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not; Haste is the WiS stat for Destro I thought...

It depends on how many mobs you're attacking and if you understand that simc undervalues mastery to begin with. buuuut haste is actually really strong if you're gosup single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Source...? I came to post it's 0.702.
    A wild informant has appeared <3

All trolling aside, I heard it was .700 flat. Not much difference though
    Last edited by Somaa; 2013-04-23 at 08:32 AM.

It's most definately updated(EU). Doesnt take much hits on the dummy to see a pretty nice uptime boost from last few days.

Deleted
    ... *blinks*

I am gemming and reforging for pure Mastery which I have much more of than haste. Nonetheless I can't completely avoid any haste on my gear and it is still a very strong stat (I chose it over crit) when ignoring the meta gem.

I don't want to cry because my legendary is bad, we will just begin to use the regular one as our gear gets better. I just wanted to tell you that you are not the only ones the legendary gem is (or was) bad for.