Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Well you CAN love Pokémon and not handicap yourself with a Delibird (just an example, don't hate). I like to take one pokémon and balance my team around him/her. I research first and see if it's in the game, and if it's not, I simply find an alternative. It's quite fun, actually.
    I've got two or three teams planned, the first around Chandelure (everyone needs re-EV training or rebreeding), the second around Hydreigon, and the third around Reshiram.

I like my number crunchers!

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    all yall just interestedin NUMBARS and TYPS and MOVED SETS, but wheres the style, WHERES THE LOV @_@
    In the end Pokemon is a numbers game, but that starter pokemon for your character is never unloved and released. <3
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    In the end Pokemon is a numbers game, but that starter pokemon for your character is never unloved and released. <3
    Normally I'd feel you, but I don't really like the starters in the 5th generation, and I've always found alternatives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Well you CAN love Pokémon and not handicap yourself with a Delibird (just an example, don't hate). I like to take one pokémon and balance my team around him/her. I research first and see if it's in the game, and if it's not, I simply find an alternative. It's quite fun, actually.
    pffft handicap? i think someones just jelly that the pelipper mail line isnt nearly as high quality

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally I'd feel you, but I don't really like the starters in the 5th generation, and I've always found alternatives.
    Fire-Fighting's alright (and, ironically, I felt it was my only option whether I liked the pokemon or not). And when you've got half the entire pokedex due to amazing pokemon from Dream World, shuffling gets a lot easier!
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Fire-Fighting's alright (and, ironically, I felt it was my only option whether I liked the pokemon or not). And when you've got half the entire pokedex due to amazing pokemon from Dream World, shuffling gets a lot easier!
    i have every pokemon in existence and all forms. i am teh king of shuffle!
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Blaziken and Excadrill are better, and don't have the horrible Grass typing.
    Again, different roles. Excadrill is a banned sweeper, Ferrothorn is used for setting up Spikes and Stealth Rock primarily, and then force the opponent to switch out by spamming Leech Seed. It also has only 1 weakness; Fire. Breloom uses Stun Spore and Leech Seed at its disposal, and doesn't have the ridiculous Earthquake weakness. Different kinds of Pokémon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Ferrothorn is used for setting up Spikes and Stealth Rock primarily, and then force the opponent to switch out by spamming Leech Seed. It also has only 1 weakness; Fire.
    And Fighting, and the only reason for this is that Steel's an amazingly defensive type making up for Grass being horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Breloom uses Stun Spore and Leech Seed at its disposal, and doesn't have the ridiculous Earthquake weakness. Different kinds of Pokémon.
    But is weak to Flying twice, Fire, Poison, Ice and Psychic.

Agree with different kinds of Pokemon, you can say that for all 600+ of them, though.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's true, but I always found Emboar to be boring at best, and I'd much rather have someone I like on my team (while not handicapping myself).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Deleted
    Blaziken and Excadrill are better, and don't have the horrible Grass typing.
    Mewtwo and Arceus are also better if you wanna name Pokemon from a Tier above. Not to mention that they have completely different roles. You are acting like any team just needs 6 sweepers. And again, you're ignoring Movesets and abilities. Please stop tralking like you know everythng about competetive battling when clearly you don't.

And Fighting, and the only reason for this is that Steel's an amazingly defensive type making up for Grass being horrible.

Agree with different kinds of Pokemon, you can say that for all 600+ of them, though.
    The big minus with being a Fire-type is that Earthquake is one of the most common moves, and they're easily offed by Pokémon like Excadrill and Garchomp, top tier Pokémon. Flying and Poison are very uncommon moves, only Brave Bird and Sludge Wave sees SOME uses out of those two, which benefits Breloom.

And again, with Ferrothorn, the Grass counterpart makes up for the Steel type's weakness to Ground, which makes it a perfect counter to Garchomp and Excadrill. In that case, it's highly beneficial that it's Grass. Plus, as I said before, can't ignore the Leech Seed, which is the whole reason it is so strong to start with, while Power Whip is also pretty good on it.

If any types are getting the short end of the stick, it's Fire and Flying types, just because of their weakness to Stealth Rock, which is a must-have move on any team these days. That's why Infernape and Emboar are Fire and Fighting, because Fighting is strong against Rock, I can guarantee you that's why Emboar is at least, so that it is actually viable (turns out that its move pool and Speed made it suck regardless.) In this case Charizard is actually one of the worst Pokémon in the game, it can work on a Sunny Day team and with a Choice Scarf, but that's only to try and 1-hit some Pokémon with Flamethrower, or specifically to counter Ferrothorn. But as soon as Stealth Rock has been set up, he'll lose 50% of his HP upon entering battle, and he's pretty much done for right there. Fire and Flying types lose 25% HP upon entering a battle where Stealth Rock has been set up, which is why you won't see any Fire or Flying types get any use unless their dual-type has a resistance to Rock (like Heatran and Gliscor.) The only exception to this would be Ninetails, and it's usually only used to open with to get Drought going on Sunny Day teams, it also has high defenses to make up for an Earthquake.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-04-20 at 12:04 PM.

double weaknesses really dont mean much to be honest...unless your an abomisnow...i mean look at scizor, for 4 gens he has been the best scout in the game. and the reason breloom is overused is thanks to the very same ability scizor has..thats technician. thanks to an adamant nature and bullet seed. breloom potentially has the best attack in the game.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    double weaknesses really dont mean much to be honest...unless your an abomisnow...i mean look at scizor, for 4 gens he has been the best scout in the game. and the reason breloom is overused is thanks to the very same ability scizor has..thats technician. thanks to an adamant nature and bullet seed. breloom potentially has the best attack in the game.
    And let's not forget spore. Which puts the enemy to sleep 100%. So if you're faster than your opponent, you can put him to sleep no matter what, which gives you s free turn to set up a Swords Dance.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

so? any news yet more on X/Y?
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

nope, thats the thing about pokemon, takes forever for news to come out.

Deleted
    And I hate it.

But yeah, with B/W it took almost 3 months for snivy's / oshawott's 2nd evos to get leaked (I assume it was a leak, as it was some beta art) and after 5 months every starter evolution got leaked.
    X/Y got announced 8th of January so that was a bit more than 3 months ago. Hopefully we get some good leaks this time too.

Deleted
    Nope. The only things have been unconfirmed leaks. Like this tweet, from the guy that leaked the B/W Pokedex before release.

Not sure what to make of it. But considering how secretive Game Freak is about sylveon's type, it's become more and more possible to me.

Deleted
    Don't suppose anyone could trade me an

Adamant Scyther with Technician

I don't think I could give you much as I've just started my White 2 game but in exchange I will give you my never ending love.

Cheers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post
    Don't suppose anyone could trade me an

Adamant Scyther with Technician

I don't think I could give you much as I've just started my White 2 game but in exchange I will give you my never ending love.

Cheers
    There aren't many people in this thread in general, and even less that play competetively. You should go to http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemontrades/

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    And I hate it.

But yeah, with B/W it took almost 3 months for snivy's / oshawott's 2nd evos to get leaked (I assume it was a leak, as it was some beta art) and after 5 months every starter evolution got leaked.
    X/Y got announced 8th of January so that was a bit more than 3 months ago. Hopefully we get some good leaks this time too.
    i really hope chespin doesnt turn into something ugly

poor oshawott, went from this

to this

hopefully chespin doesnt end up like this