Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

KT solo as Frost Mage.

So I attempted to do KT last night on my Frost Mage. I'm not lvl 90 yet, but I am 88. I managed to down the first set of adds and the legendaries no problem, but during the 3rd set, I was only able to kill one of them before I was stunlocked and feared to death. Is there an easier way? Or should I just wait until I'm 90 and try again?

Did you equip and use the staff?

Quote Originally Posted by Drfireburns View Post
    So I attempted to do KT last night on my Frost Mage. I'm not lvl 90 yet, but I am 88. I managed to down the first set of adds and the legendaries no problem, but during the 3rd set, I was only able to kill one of them before I was stunlocked and feared to death. Is there an easier way? Or should I just wait until I'm 90 and try again?
    I've killed him a few times on my hunter and the best way to do it, is to kill them at seperate parts of the room, and nuke them according their abilities. Kill the engineer, the fear guy, the mage and then the last guy, imo. I usually kill the eng first because his ability can cause you random pains in the ass for up to a min. Just remember that when you get to KT, to use the statue to help with LOS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    Did you equip and use the staff?
    Didn't try it honestly. When I did it on my SPriest (he was 90) I never fooled with it, but then again I could bubble and heal as needed. I may attempt it again tonight with the staff and see how things go.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Equip and use the staff for the advisors. Dismiss your elemental and ice block before Kael becomes active and swap to your normal weapons.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2013-04-22 at 11:56 PM.

Eh you should get to level 90 before you solo him. But heres my experience. I just burned him till he calls the Elite Crypt Lords and then I kite the Elite Crypt lords while using an occasional frostbolt, scorch and ice lance(While Kiting the Crypt Lords).

15+ Year Old Account
    I just keep the staff equiped the whole time.

and I do it as fire.. its a waste as frost, because you can't use your elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by meloreandor View Post
    Eh you should get to level 90 before you solo him. But heres my experience. I just burned him till he calls the Elite Crypt Lords and then I kite the Elite Crypt lords while using an occasional frostbolt, scorch and ice lance(While Kiting the Crypt Lords).
    I think his talking about Kael in TK.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    I just keep the staff equiped the whole time.

and I do it as fire.. its a waste as frost, because you can't use your elemental.
    I find these statements funny. The elemental is like 10% of your damage, but your weapon is about half of your spell power. Weapon swapping only hurts you for a GCD, and you'll kill him twice as quick. Why not swap back?

legendary staff is really /thread my shaman facerolled him at 85 being immune to infinite CC is what its all about.

i'd use that staff in pvp, i'd struggle on damage to kill anyone but i'd soooo fucking enjoy casting non stop instead of stun locked silenced locked dead melee fkin heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    legendary staff is really /thread my shaman facerolled him at 85 being immune to infinite CC is what its all about.

i'd use that staff in pvp, i'd struggle on damage to kill anyone but i'd soooo fucking enjoy casting non stop instead of stun locked silenced locked dead melee fkin heroes.
    I didn't get to try with the staff last night, but I plan on it today. I didn't think it would make *that* big of a difference considering how easy it was as a Priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    Some people oughta read the thread before they post xD
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

well try to use the weapons or simply lvl to 90
    killed him some days ago without losing 1 hp but I'm 90 and have an ilvl of 490 or something like that.
    the tactic I use is actually similar to the one in tbc
    I spread the adds. the most important thing for me is to kill capernian right away. I pull her to the south in p1.
    I instantly kill Telonicus where he spawns to avoid the debuff in p1 and p2
    Killing the rest in the north of the map too.
    In p3 I kill Capernian first and then Lord Sanguinar and Telonicus.
    Kiting Thaladred til the stun debuff is dropping. Tho I didn't try IB, maybe next time.

Of course the damage I deal is crazy in comparison to yours. After killing capernian I simply use frozen orb and throw my ice lances. Its just a matter of some seconds.

But I believe that you can do it too, even with your lvl 88 mage. Simply use the legendaries and swap weapons if necessary.

Deleted
    Easy as hell with the Staff. In case you are low, glyph evocation for some selfheal (rune/invocation) and maybe have some bandages ready. No reason to dismiss the elemental, for some reason he will not trigger mind control (in contrast to warlock or hunter pets). I guess this is still a leftover from our dear elemental being a non-permanent pet a while back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Light4 View Post
    Easy as hell with the Staff. In case you are low, glyph evocation for some selfheal (rune/invocation) and maybe have some bandages ready. No reason to dismiss the elemental, for some reason he will not trigger mind control (in contrast to warlock or hunter pets). I guess this is still a leftover from our dear elemental being a non-permanent pet a while back.
    How odd. He's MCed me with the elemental before. I wonder if it was changed recently?

Deleted
    Instead of wiping on him you could use 2-3 hours to level to 90 and 1 shot him

Well if u don't use the staff(i never have) It just takes longer to kill. I noticed now that i'm geared at 90 i'll just NT all the adds and stack them and they blow up quick enough that i don't care but before what you can do is i guess a bit complex, just takes a bit longer.

When you pull him the doors that lock u in the room don't go down instantly. Basically all you do is run out quick and the mobs will follow you throughout the instance. You can kill them and places their bodies wherever you like in the instance and then just have to only deal with 1 at a time when all 4 spawn. For example, you could kill one right out side of door, one at the place where the 2 guards are when u turn right into his room, one at the entrance to the hall from alars room and one at start of instance. Then you just go on like normal

If you can get your pet to aggro KT, you can use the statue on the left side of the room to LOS the MC. When he goes at your pet, pop MI and dot him up as best you can, then go hide. Stick you head out every so often for an instant cast but be careful to avoid his MC.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    I honestly thought the same thing, was expecting to hear something about the ice tombs because of the elemental, then he starts starts talking about legendaries and I was like da fuq?!

Oh... Kael... Gotcha.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    I find these statements funny. The elemental is like 10% of your damage, but your weapon is about half of your spell power. Weapon swapping only hurts you for a GCD, and you'll kill him twice as quick. Why not swap back?

Funny as in.. really old content so you can just mash a few buttons and the fight is over?

Water Ele out, he'll MC you...

Damn frost mage, hating on the fire mage. <3