Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Lol i noticed you left our blacks for your love of every other race.

Anyway, I doubt 95% of gypsies are x way, more to the point you've seen so many or heard about so many you're going to now pass judgement on them all. 90% what a ridiculous number...

Yes you are irrational and you're not relying on math but made up on the spot statistics, which isn't mad, it's fluffy made up math which holds no ground.
    I'm a very liberal person and hold no racist misconceptions to the best of my knowledge. However, as someone who grew up in East-Central Europe I can honestly say that the gypsy/romani population is the absolute plague of the region. That 95% estimate is about right.
    I tend to come to the defense of anyone who's being wrongly judged based on their skin colour, but in their case I just can't. It's a very specific regional issue and I don't think it translates well into the notion of racism as a whole. It's just... different.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Yes because receiving money from the government restricts your freedom. Its not like you could get a job with pay of your own choosing or anything.
    yes it does because it makes you relent on the government. when you become reliant you become a slave to what you are reliant on The only people that are truly free are the ones who learn to be self reliant

You are free to think however you want about each race, just don't go around causing harm to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any issue with being a little racist so long as you arn't running around preaching about killing other races or otherwise being obnoxious about it.

Just like I don't see anything wrong with being of a certain political viewpoint, being gay, having diabetes, being canadian, etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

I think it's okay as long as your nor expressing it. If theres a little flicker of racism deep inside you then yeah its ok. But if you dream about pulling someone of a different race behind a truck than yeah it's bad. It's not a bad thing to judge a person based on the eay they act/look inside you head.

Deleted
    Lol i noticed you left our blacks for your love of every other race.

Anyway, I doubt 95% of gypsies are x way, more to the point you've seen so many or heard about so many you're going to now pass judgement on them all. 90% what a ridiculous number...

Yes you are irrational and you're not relying on math but made up on the spot statistics, which isn't mad, it's fluffy made up math which holds no ground.
    You obviously are NOT from eastern slovakia, because you would not be saying this bullshit you are saying right now. I dare you to ask anyone from eastern slovakia what they think about gypsies, how they live, behave. You obviously was not in primary school where gypsies (brother and sister) just did it on school table during lunch break, obviously, and funny thing is this is normal for them. So go live your life in bubble called USA, i live near their slums.
    They burned down our historic building. They build their shacks without permit wherever they want, they steal electricity, use rivers as carwash.
    And last but not least, i have to listen from stupid americans or others how racists and illogical we are, i dare you to fucking live here for 10 years, pussy much?
    From all the working people i meet during my work shift, i've seen 1 gypsy working, and other one is my neighbor mailman, and that's about it, and i've seen hundreds of white people in work, so yeah i do the math.
    Last edited by mmocda5509483c; 2013-04-23 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    You obviously are NOT from eastern slovakia, because you would not be saying this bullshit you are saying right now. I dare you to ask anyone from eastern slovakia what they think about gypsies, how they live, behave. You obviously was not in primary school where gypsies (brother and sister) just did it on school table during lunch break, obviously, and funny thing is this is normal for them. So go live your life in bubble called USA, i live in slums.
    So all first world countries must be bubbles then. Maybe the issue stems more from the fact you live in a slum...

So all first world countries must be bubbles then. Maybe the issue stems more from the fact you live in a slum...
    I think you completely missed the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    What, the point that people are going to act X way if you live in a poverty-stricken part of basically any country?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The point is... what, exactly? That if you live in a slum where people behave poorly that racism becomes acceptable and correct? I used to live in a shitty part of a poor city that had high crime rates and enormous high school dropout rates - would it have been fine for me to settle on virulent racism at that time?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    What, the point that people are going to act X way if you live in a poverty-stricken part of basically any country?
    The point being that it's not specific to the "poverty-stricken" parts of these ECE countries, it's the same everywhere.

It's difficult talking about the gypsy problem in this specific region, with people who are from other parts of the world, simply because they wouldn't understand.
    It's not a racism issue. Racism is a bias, racism is a false assumption. However when literally every single person who belongs to a certain ethnic group behaves as the absolute vermin of mankind, you can't call it racism any more. It becomes a valid observation.
    I don't believe these people are inferior in any way by nature, but it's their own little separate society that makes them into what they are.

It's difficult talking about the gypsy problem in this specific region, with people who are from other parts of the world, simply because they wouldn't understand.
    It's not a racism issue. Racism is a bias, racism is a false assumption. However when literally every single person who belongs to a certain ethnic group behaves as the absolute vermin of mankind, you can't call it racism any more. It becomes a valid observation.
    Substitute "the Jew problem" for "the gypsy problem" and then read this back. Do you see the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Substitute "the Jew problem" for "the gypsy problem" and then read this back. Do you see the problem?
    No, and thanks for trying to completely derail the thread. This just shows you really have no idea what this very specific issue is about.
    Hatred towards jewish people is an artificially generated lie with the very purpose of turning people against each other.
    You don't see Jews creating slums everywhere they show up, they don't steal your money and belongings as soon as they have the opportunity. They don't refuse to send their children to school and lynch the police when they turn up. You don't see Jews teaching their own little children how to steal from "the whites" before they even learn to speak.

It's genuinely difficult to find a single person in ECE who hasn't been mugged/pickpocketed/beaten by a gypsy at least once in their lives.

As I said, this is a very specific issue. Go live in one of these countries for a few years and then get back to me.
    Last edited by nevermore; 2013-04-23 at 01:01 PM.

Deleted
    Problem with gypsies in our country is deep because... deep breath... Let me start.
    They live in slums, they are poor, they don't give a shit about anything. They have 8+ children because country pays them big child support. Their parents are probably related (sister,mother, father or brother etc), they spend it on booze, buy tvs and anything else.
    They don't legaly own anything so executors can't confiscate anything because they mostly build illegal houses on someone elses property and you can't make them move out or force them out, because of retarded laws.
    Since their parents are probably drunk fucks, their children don't know how to speak language, they don't know how to tie their shoes, they don't know how to wash their hands they only know how to walk and just other basic animal crap, that's when they're 7 and let to school with normal white children here. When you are at metal age 2-3 and let to school with 7 year olds just figure it out how this all will continue in your life. They don't teach their children anything! They are primal that (barely) speak only gypsy language. They don't know anything what modern human should do. When they get to 15 they start having their own children and at 18 they start taking social security money and cycle repeats... so tell me, how to fix this? Those things are not from me but this is actually part of official letter from elementary school teachers to ministry of education in our country, that's how fucked up it is.
    I have few gypsy friends, so no i'm not racist, i only don't like to deal with the worst kind of people i know. Racist hate anything other than them, which is not my case, i'm just biased against dark skinned people, because from my own experience and complaints from others about them.
    I hear only good things about asians so i think they're cool. But i don't hear omg this black scientist just made revolutionary breakthrough in bla bla bla or this blacks are genuine nice guys... no i don't hear those things. When you do 4 bad things and 1 good, i still think you're an asshole. Do 4 good and 1 bad and i will think well shit happens nobody is perfect.
    I even don't like racists, if person pulls his own weight and is not just lying on his ass and eating my tax money he's just fine by me.
    Last edited by mmocda5509483c; 2013-04-23 at 01:06 PM.

No, and thanks for trying to completely derail the thread.
    Pointing out that vile racism doesn't become acceptable because it's targeted at a group that you personally dislike isn't a derail. People ranting for paragraphs about how bad a group they don't like is might be though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The guy who brought up the Gypsies is actually pming me now and said they're too smart and his people are too dumb and keep giving them money. Gypsies have also seem to have gotten the bad rap.I wonder how many people condemn the holocaust against the Jews, but are okay with it against Gypsies

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 09:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    Problem with gypsies in our country is deep because... deep breath... Let me start.
    They live in slums, they are poor, they don't give a shit about anything. They have 8+ children because country pays them big child support. Their parents are probably related (sister,mother, father or brother etc), they spend it on booze, buy tvs and anything else.
    They don't legaly own anything so executors can't confiscate anything because they mostly build illegal houses on someone elses property and you can't make them move out or force them out, because of retarded laws.
    Since their parents are probably drunk fucks, their children don't know how to speak language, they don't know how to tie their shoes, they don't know how to wash their hands they only know how to walk and just other basic animal crap, that's when they're 7 and let to school with normal white children here. When you are at metal age 2-3 and let to school with 7 year olds just figure it out how this all will continue in your life. They don't teach their children anything! They are primal that (barely) speak only gypsy language. They don't know anything what modern human should do. When they get to 15 they start having their own children and at 18 they start taking social security money and cycle repeats... so tell me, how to fix this? Those things are not from me but this is actually part of official letter from elementary school teachers to ministry of education in our country, that's how fucked up it is.
    I have few gypsy friends, so no i'm not racist, i only don't like to deal with the worst kind of people i know. Racist hate anything other than them, which is not my case, i'm just biased against dark skinned people, because from my own experience and complaints from others about them.
    I hear only good things about asians so i think they're cool. But i don't hear omg this black scientist just made revolutionary breakthrough in bla bla bla or this blacks are genuine nice guys... no i don't hear those things. When you do 4 bad things and 1 good, i still think you're an asshole. Do 4 good and 1 bad and i will think well shit happens nobody is perfect.
    I even don't like racists, if person pulls his own weight and is not just lying on his ass and eating my tax money he's just fine by me.
    They live in slums.. you live in a slum, so I am going to assume you are also poor.... why are you starting off your statement against gypsies by mentioning two things which you also are? You're just making a bunch of assumptions and seriously, maybe it's because you live in a slum

According to Fauier he has to deal with https://maps.google.com/?ll=48.95097...91.28,,0,15.35 these assholes all the time... I mean it could have something to do with it being a slum, as described by him, that's causing the issue.
    Last edited by Themius; 2013-04-23 at 01:34 PM.

According to Fauier he has to deal with these assholes all the time... I mean it could have something to do with it being a slum, as described by him, that's causing the issue.
    The difference between him and a lot of them is that he finished his education and has a job despite being from there. I am not saying he is right to generalize them since I hate when all of ECE gets lumped together.

I had gypsy girls in my class that stopped coming to school when they were 15. The rest of us went to high school and university while they got married. No one is stopping or hindering them except their own parents. Hell, teachers even get much more money for teaching gypsy kids.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The reason stereotypes exist for races is largely because people don't understand the difference between correlation and causation. Yes, statistics can sometimes paint a pretty bad picture for certain races. However, there's a million environmental and cultural differences between the way people of different states, cities, heck even parts of town are raised.

We'd be a lot better off if people stopped recognizing race as a significant personality trait. Not only because "racists are bad, mmmmkay" (it's not fair to people to base your opinion on their race) but also because minority groups that adopt an "us versus them" mentality keep their own friends and family from learning from the larger community and developing into a functioning member of the larger society.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fully support discrimination, but only based on merit, character and willful stupidity.

Basically, it's never OK to make fun of someone based on their race, sexual orientation or religion... But if stupid inbred white-trash is basically being stupid inbred white-trash, never feel ashamed about calling them stupid inbred white-trash.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

It does not matter if someone is racist. What matter is if and how they show it.